Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 About gaining and spending credits in Minitokyo v3 - Minitokyo

About gaining and spending credits in Minitokyo v3

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8 Next » 170 total items

Keltosh

Retired Moderator

Keltosh

Inquisitor on hiatus

This thread will give some insight on how credits are gained and spent.

First things first, keep in mind that we will never tell you exactly how to gain credits, nor how much you will pay.This is to avoid abuse of the credit system.

Gaining and spending credits is a slow process. You will NOT see immediate changes to your credit balance. This is due to these reasons:
caching of the numbers
we don't want members to find out the exact formula. This is to avoid abuse of the credit system .
As such, your credits balance will change slowly, over time. Here follow how to gain and lose credits:

How to gain credits:
Contribute to the site. Most types of contribution will make you gain credits. Some will not, but we will not tell you exactly what. Once again, this is to prevent abuse of the credit system.
Note that submitting gallery items is not the only way to gain credits. There are many other ways equally effective. Just try to think on how to contribute to the community, and you will surely find many ways.

What will cost credits:
Posting a scan: low cost (this will prevent users from spamming the gallery). LOW cost
Posting a new thread: low cost (same reason, but for the forum)
Creating a new group: fixed cost, 40 credits. This is to prevent creation of too many groups. Groups should only be created when there is a reason for it, and also only if you are really interested in that. Which means, willing to pay.
Submitting indy art and wallpapers: variable cost, depending on friendlist size. This is to avoid friendlist whoring. This will ensure that members only post quality submissions. For anything else, use the sandbox forum or the anime pic dump.

Now before you all go ballistic and start complaining: the formula have been thought so that members who contribute to the community will NOT have problems with credits, as long as they don't want to download the whole gallery. The values are FAIR.

Just participate to the community, and you will not have problems whatsoever. The main reason for the credit system was to avoid horrible problems like indiscriminate leeching, friendlist whoring and spamming.

In minitokyo 3 spamming will not help you increase your credit balance. Quality contribution will determine that. So just contribute, have fun in minitokyo, be fair and useful to others and you will never have problems again with the credit system, which is still being worked on.

Signature
I am now on hiatus from moderating due to my thesis.
One of my favorite game ever: Mordor: The Depths Of Dejenol Community
The beautiful signature is from Biriwilg

"contribute the cominuty " thats mean..submit something to gain credits

frustration,friendly,envy,emptiness, unhapyness,unbrearable,Love,hatred, agony,dark,lonely,and in pain
you can all die..nobody cares.i'll enjoy

PAche

PAche

hoarder

wow.so that's what credits are for ^^ great idea, though now the format is more messy than v2.whatever the case, great job on v3

Signature Image
;when the taste of blood become bittersweet
My Gallery
latest wallpaper: Point-blanc

Anjhurin

Linguistics

Anjhurin

ARIA sanchou

okay that helps a lot... btw i guess it answers that thread i created, so could you please close it credits shooting up ^_^ think the bug report section should also be a 'credit-free' zone : not having to pay credits when you create a thread, because i guess that reporting bugs isn't really spamming or anything.

hm seems a little more complicated to use.. or maybe i'm just noob (=

Keltosh

Retired Moderator

Keltosh

Inquisitor on hiatus

Quote by chaossnakethe credit system is unfair. because i lose credits when i download a picture. so i do not have unlimited downloads now?

That is precisely the point. We don't WANT members to have unlimited downloads

Signature

Ayamael

Ayamael

yumemitai

Thanks for the explanation Keltosh... now I finally understand why no one wanted to answer the "how to gain credit?" question >.<... it's a very good reason after all so no more reasons to complain ^_^' and in the end, i think it's a very good idea... though confusing at first ^_^' loll cool!

twinklebyte

twinklebyte

{| starry . starry . night |}

Would it be possible to change the links to full-view back to just the picture and not the blank space beside it? Because that's why I accidentally opened an image more than once, and I'm sure it has, or will, accidentally happen to someone else again. OX

Thanks for your time.

[CLAMP.fan]|[Escaflowne.fan]|[X.fan]
- hope is a waking dream -

Rikimaru-jp

Rikimaru-jp

Katon Karyu Endan

Thanks for this valuable thread but I believe that I already know what you guys mean by " Contribute to the site" ;)
1- posting threads
2- posting replies
3- posting comments
4- submitting gallery items
5- posting reviews
6- receiving comments and favs
I believe all those I mentioned above will increase your credits so yes it's same as gaining level in MT2 XP

*~* It's Not Who I Am Underneath, But What I Do That Defines Me *~*
Signature Image
Check My Gallery

Kimaris

Kimaris

Still rolling on

Quote by Keltosh

Quote by chaossnakethe credit system is unfair. because i lose credits when i download a picture. so i do not have unlimited downloads now?

That is precisely the point. We don't WANT members to have unlimited downloads

That makes sense, "Give and ye shall recieve", right?
I guess this system replaces the leveling system but does that mean that all members can get the alternative minitokyo skin if there is still one?
An idea might be to create a sort of shop that sells minitokyo skins and other acessories (such as name changing, ect;) for credits
For instance:
A skin can range from 10 credits to 50 credits depending on the design
changing your name can be set at 100 credits or so.
expensive yes, but this way no-one will keep changing their names all the time, but when they have the credits and they want to change it, they have that option.
It's just an idea....
Anyway, The credit system sdounds fine to me :)

*yawn*
=================================================================
A member of the [Naruto Fan Group] and [MT-UK]

Sheqel

Administrator

Sheqel

Quote by Rikimaru-jpThanks for this valuable thread but I believe that I already know what you guys mean by " Contribute to the site" ;)
1- posting threads
2- posting replies
3- posting comments
4- submitting gallery items
5- posting reviews
6- receiving comments and favs
I believe all those I mentioned above will increase your credits so yes it's same as gaining level in MT2 XP

actually not exactly :P those things may give you credit, but that is not necessary.

drmechoy

drmechoy

"Ahm 'yer huckleberry..."

Its odd how the whinners all seem to act like this is the only place to find pics and wallpapers...for crying out loud folks if you dont like the system, find another site!...So what if the system seems to favor the elites, or the modders, they only MADE this site after all, shouldnt they benifit from it more than the average member? Ultimately, you can obtain anything you want here, you just have to be patient and pay your dues. Otherwise stick to the sandbox, or go somwhere else.

"Over here is a singularity I like to call; 'Rock', and here, is another one I'll call; 'Hard place', and Andromeda, is caught smack in the middle.".......(Shamus Harper, Gene Roddenberry's Andromeda)
"It's not Impossible, just...really unfair!!!".....(Trance Gemini, Gene Roddenberry's Andromeda)

Sheqel

Administrator

Sheqel

Quote by KimarisI guess this system replaces the leveling system but does that mean that all members can get the alternative minitokyo skin if there is still one?
An idea might be to create a sort of shop that sells minitokyo skins and other acessories (such as name changing, ect;) for credits
For instance:
A skin can range from 10 credits to 50 credits depending on the design
changing your name can be set at 100 credits or so.
expensive yes, but this way no-one will keep changing their names all the time, but when they have the credits and they want to change it, they have that option.
It's just an idea....
Anyway, The credit system sdounds fine to me :)

all skins are free, and there are hundreds of skins now :)

I love the credit system. Now more people (that care about the site) will take part in the community.

Signature Image

PAche

PAche

hoarder

basically, this system prevents people from taking advantage of what the admins and mods have done for them.

Signature Image
;when the taste of blood become bittersweet
My Gallery
latest wallpaper: Point-blanc

ayaki

ayaki

d[^_^]b

Quote by twinklebyteWould it be possible to change the links to full-view back to just the picture and not the blank space beside it? Because that's why I accidentally opened an image more than once, and I'm sure it has, or will, accidentally happen to someone else again. OX

Thanks for your time.

it just happened to me OX ... i was like "wha da~".....okie might as well post a comment then..haha
yea it was weird when i thought i didn't click to download....

boo

I'm sick. Very sick!
The new system is very unfair. I lost more than 1 credit after seeing the whole image! But I realized that I don't want to save the image, because of the bad quality. I don't want to download blind. Sometimes I want to see the image and there is no way that this costs credits! I't a shame.
Quote from Keltosh "You will NOT see immediate changes to your credit balance"
This is wrong. After 10 seconds i lost 1.092 Credits and I haven't download anything!

Alistair

Alistair

Ol' Man Ali

Keltosh & Sheqel,

Thank you for explain' some of it, and few of the fixed things. That will help a little bit to understand how things work, and such. =O Really, I do think in some ways this is a better system sense of your bandwidth, but it will also turn off a lot of people.... Then again, it will keep what it was in the first place a coummnity.

Still, I think you should have set fixed rate for "Wallpaper" and such so new people who do join know exactly what they are up "Againt" so to say. That's will be and only gripe to be honest until something like that is implmented more. "Even if people find to abuse the system," cause in the end someone will....

Oh, also try to find a medium so people don't lose "Credits" when they wanna view wallpaper for I Recall someone mentiong that some wallies look good small, but when bigger totally, yeah. Should try to find something to implment of a "Bigger" thumbnail while not being the full wallpaper.

Other than that, I love the layout. Fantastic job!

Ciao,
Ali

Whirlwind life of faith and betrayal
Rise in anger, fall back and repeat

---Rush, Snakes & Arrows, "Far Cry"

Tatsumi09

Tatsumi09

Seeker of Inner Peace

Zoamel, taking it easy...MT3 is still in beta, so it must be some error.

Viewing scans/wallpapers only takes a fraction of a credit (less than 1), and at first I wasn't pleased about the credit system, but after thinking for a while, the webmasters must've thought this thoroughly and just like Keltosh said...

"Just contribute, have fun in minitokyo, be fair and useful to others and you will never have problems again with the credit system, which is still being worked on."

Keltosh

Retired Moderator

Keltosh

Inquisitor on hiatus

Quote by ayaki

Quote by twinklebyteWould it be possible to change the links to full-view back to just the picture and not the blank space beside it? Because that's why I accidentally opened an image more than once, and I'm sure it has, or will, accidentally happen to someone else again. OX

Thanks for your time.

it just happened to me OX ... i was like "wha da~".....okie might as well post a comment then..haha

It has been fixed a few minutes ago

Signature

Quote by ZoamelI'm sick. Very sick!
The new system is very unfair. I lost more than 1 credit after seeing the whole image! But I realized that I don't want to save the image, because of the bad quality. I don't want to download blind. Sometimes I want to see the image and there is no way that this costs credits! I't a shame.
Quote from Keltosh "You will NOT see immediate changes to your credit balance"
This is wrong. After 10 seconds i lost 1.092 Credits and I haven't download anything!

There will not be an immediate change in credit when gaining, not losing.

Signature Image

ayaki

ayaki

d[^_^]b

Quote by Keltosh

Quote by ayaki

Quote by twinkleb(...) it be possible to change the links to full-view back to just the picture and not the blank space beside it? Because that's why I accidentally opened an image more than once, and I'm sure it has, or will, accidentally happen to someone else again. OX

Thanks for your time.[/quote

It has been fixed a few minutes ago

yep, just realized that x_x

boo

gilion

gilion

Servant of Chaos

Quote by Keltosh
The main reason for the credit system was to avoid horrible problems like indiscriminate leeching, friendlist whoring and spamming.

In minitokyo 3 spamming will not help you increase your credit balance. Quality contribution will determine that.

I understand that MT is a wall artists community, but now it will become a community only for them. It seems to me that if you are not an artist you are not welcome. Fine, I can understand your point of view. The reason why I didn't submitted nothing till now is that I didn't want to see my work be deleted for insufficient quality. My work are not as "sugoi" as most of walls that I usually D/L. Skashi, in the previous MT I was able to watch them, and I left a comment only if I thought it was useful. What can I say if I think that this wall is perfectly done? "Cool, I like it, you're the best again". I abhor these kind of comments. The sandbox - I think this will be useful: after seeing work-in-progress walls, maybe I can finally leave some tecnic opinions. I think that is the most important thing to do to increase my credit.
I understand that the credit system will limit leeching and friendlist whoring, but about spamming... I think that is the opposite! If I think about a way to stop spamming the only solution I can get is that thread starters and wall submitters would value the posts and replies. If they think that they were useful, then their credit will increase.
Am I out of the world or is there someone who thinks like me?

Signature

Disc of the Day:
Ayreon - The Human Equation (2004)

MidnightMiko

MidnightMiko

Bountiful Kindness

Quite simply the new system is to make us more of an actual comnmunity. This way people wont focus so much on levels and gaining them. The credit system makes it so you have to contribute to the community in order to take from it. Let's all give this new system a chance! ^_^

(\ /)
( . .)
c('')('')
This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8 Next » 170 total items

Back to Minitokyo Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.