Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Tips for Doujinshi Artists - Minitokyo

Tips for Doujinshi Artists

This thread is closed for posting.

page 2 of 2 « Previous 1 2 31 total items

Haha that was funny. Some nice tips I guess, although I don't think you can really separate drawing in steps as you could for walling. Honestly, as long as you have some pencil and paper, just draw like you feel and that's the best tip ever (after the music tip maybe XD ). Try to understand your own art, and read in others the meaning of their pencilwork. Try to express something, there is no good or bad technique, just have your own. Honestly drawing isn't about throwing a few tutorials together.
What zephryn said about finger smudging is true, but it is still the most basic way to get some smooth shading, you just have to be careful enough.
Ha and I don't think having a lot of different pencils and other stuff isn't really important, at least at my level I don't need it yet , since I still have a lot to learn with a classic pencil ^_^' .
Oh well still nice to see some doujin oriented threads around :)

Yeha, great tutorial! When I ink with a thin pen, I try to have something like a second sheet of paper underneath the drawing, not just the table. Makes for smoother inking, I think.

Danworth

Danworth

.:Talk slowly, think quickly:.

hi everyone i'm new well kinda new to drawing anime(manga) and would like for yall to improve my crap i call skill :) if yall would take alook at the art i have done (sorry don't know how to link to my pics) and tell me where i need to improve. I currantly use typeing paper and a number 2 pencil. I know i need to improve on hands and feet really hard for me to draw.

If its not to much to ask check out my drawings and get back to me PM me or email me at PoPoTans_realm@yahoo.com

p.s. plz don't spam my email

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
O yea i labeled when i drew them tell me if i got
any better or worse over time :)

Signature
Thanks to Sumomo- for the wonderful Sig and Spystreak for the wonderful avy
"Never approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or a fool from any direction."

Kasuga14

Kasuga14

Mashi-Neko Chan

Thanks for the tips, I have a feeling many members will be using this as refrence

elessar007

elessar007

Scan Collector Extradonaire

If I may be so bold as to add a few tips of my own:

1.Wash your hands thoroughly and dry them thoroughly before starting any drawing. You want to remove as much of the natural oils from your hands as possible because that alter the surface of the paper.
2.Take a ziploc sandwich bag and fill it 2/3 of the way with flour. Use the bag as a rest for the heel of your hand. It will support your hand better, keeps your skin off the paper, and if you are inking the drawing, it helps to steady your hand so your lines will not have many shakes or hesitation marks.
3.Some people prefer to draw on an angle by using a pencil board instead of drawing on a flat table. You can make your own pencil board out of a cafeteria tray or even by gluing a few sheets of cardboard one on top of the other. The tray is stiffer but I am in no way suggesting you steal one from your school.
4. When shading, it is often easier to use a razor on the the lead to cut a flat surface instead of the traditional round point that sharpeners give. The flat surface will shade smoothly and if you know what you are doing, you can roll the pencil while shading to draw slightly darker lines with the sharp edge. Using a razor also will let you cut a very fine point for tiny detail work like shading inside of a person's ear or the drawing of eyelids.
5.Don't be afraid to intentionally draw something that looks nothing like your intended final product. For instance, a foot doesn't look like two ovals. But if you draw two ovals, one vertical and one horizontal, you can erase some of the lines and you wind up with a heel and the rest of the foot(minus toes). You don't have to draw a foot by trying to draw a foot right from the start. Draw something that you can easily turn into a foot.

These are just a few tips that I have found helpful. I hope they can be of use to others as well.

helpful tips.
i agree with the music thing. :D
the bored thing sounds like me though.
i draw a lot during lesson time.
-.-"

EternalParadox

Retired Moderator

EternalParadox

.:Enigma Mod:.

Please do not bump old threads, especially with posts that do not contribute anything substantial to the discussion.

closed.

EternalParadox
Previously the Forum, Vector Art, and Policy Moderator

page 2 of 2 « Previous 1 2 31 total items

Back to Art | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.