Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Anime vs. Manga - Minitokyo

Anime vs. Manga

page 1 of 1 9 total items

sylvacoer

sylvacoer

The Narrator

Many of the anime out there are based on manga, with the reverse being true only in rare cases (i.e., Cowboy Bebop, Escflowne). I find that the manga that inspires the anime as a rule tends to be much better.

Some cases in point:
1. Samurai Deeper Kyo: the manga is 26+ volumes, and yet the anime is ONLY 26 episodes! Many characters were left out (and one was added) and the animation has nowhere near the stunning artistry of the manga.

2. Rurouni Kenshin: I already have a rant posted on this in my RK review, soI will limit my statement to: Manga Kenshin does not wear pink. Anime Kenshin does. Sylvacoer HATES pink.

3. Ayashi no Ceres: I just think Tooya is ever so much hotter in the manga!

I'm sure there are others I can bring up, but I'll limit it to three. So, what's your opinion? You can talk about anime/manga overall being better or mention some anime that are better than their original manga (or vice-versa; this is a flexible topic. *~.^*)

Signature

Aa-chan

Aa-chan

AA-CHAN

Personally, I believe that both have their uses and it depends very much on the genre of story, the scale and the level of detail. There are some manga series' that I buy because I didn't enjoy the anime, but sometimes I just buy the manga because I enjoy reading it and collecting. The only manga I have read [or started to] before watching the anime is Hikaru No Go and I am enjoying that very much :) .

I'll let someone else have their say now ^^ .

Follow AA-CHAN as he teaches English in South Korea and enjoys his K-Pop music fandoms up close!

http://aa-chan.net/blog/

I believe that manga vs. anime both have there pros and cons. Manga you get the original thing, without anything being skimped out on. There are times when manga does portray anime better. Anime is great also because its the actual characters and could be more visually better. There are things that you will only get if you watch the anime/manga. If you really like a series its good to read and watch the manga or anime.

PikaMoon

PikaMoon

***star gazer***

I agree with Aa-chan. They both have their good and bad, just depends on the story. Personally, I also agree with what you said with Ayashi no Ceres. Tooya was much hotter and cooler in the manga. Sometimes, I find that the anime screw up the entire story. Also, in many cases I've seen, the anime's art is not as good as the original art in the manga. *sigh* Well, it all depends and everyone has their own opinion...which I gave mine=it depends! :)

Manga, you get the whole story basically from one mangaka. With anime however, there are often times when content is cut or even added as filler. This stuff can contradict the original creator's vision, so I generally side with manga.

ultimashower

ultimashower

Reppin' The Nice Guys

While I haven't read many mangas, I find myself attracted to anime because I love fluid animation. If it's well animated, then I'll probably prefer it (presuming they don't butcher the art / story). If it looks like they made it in a basement with Flash... I'll read the book thanks.

HTML Coding Hates Me...

I've found that if the anime is based off of a manga, the anime is usually not as good as the manga. For example, the naruto manga is much better than the anime IMO and in cases such as gantz, the transition from manga to anime results in a LOT of censoring which seriously affect the telling of the original story.

Furthermore, the fillers that the anime production companies create usually don't fit in with the story well (Kenshin / Naruto) and only just confuse things more. However, this is the same for anime which has been made into a manga, i.e. neon genesis evangelion, vandread, cowboy bebop etc. In these cases the original anime is much better than the adapted manga.

But both anime and manga are good and it pays to both watch the anime and read the manga to make sure you're getting the full story.

'harahettara, kuunda' - Monkey D. Luffy, One Piece

Leaf

Leaf

Dreamcatcher

For me with Samurai Deeper Kyo, I liked the anime alot better so far.. but that doesn't mean that I don't like the manga! >_<; It's just like how in the anime they left out characters and changed the story alot.. but in the manga they left out certain people that were in the anime only.. so it's like a double sharp sided sword.. or however that saying goes.. XD The animation for the anime wasn't AS good as the manga however I thought that the animation for the anime was quite good anyways... one of the best that I've seen. Also for the manga, volume 19 just came out in something like 2002 or something.. so for the rest of the volumes after that are they even going to release them...? 0_O; I hope that they do..

For Chobits I loved the manga alot more than the anime. As usual clamp changed the story a bit for the anime and I hated the ending in the anime. I liked it alot more in the manga.. also the artwork in the manga is absolutely great.. whereas the anime.. well.. it kinda sucks compared to all the detail they have in the manga.

For Naruto I love both the anime and manga because they both stay along the same storyline and even the artwork and detail is along the same line. ^^ Which makes me happy. The only difference is that in the anime, they have a few more funny moments and episodes than in the manga.. so I just watch and read them both. ^^

For FLCL I liked both the manga and the anime.. although I liked the manga ending alot better.. anyways I think it just depends on the story which one is better, the anime or manga.

Signature Image
thanks to wintersrain for the banner

i myself am a Manga person. i like most Manga more then anime. Mangas are moer uncut and i like the fact that the artist is doing the work by hand.not someone else. Mangas like GTO or tenjou tenge are far better then the anime. thats what i think anyways.

page 1 of 1 9 total items

Back to General Anime & Manga Talk | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.