Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Is the anime peacemaker any good? - Minitokyo

Is the anime peacemaker any good?

page 1 of 1 24 total items

Aztec

Aztec

Aztec Samurai

Is the anime peacemaker any good?
I was at best buy the other day and I saw this anime peacemaker and I was wondering if it was any good. I like samurai animes so it caught my attention. Money is a little tight these days I dont buy alot of animes anynore unless they are worth buying.
Also is the series long or is it a short series.

Signature
I only live to see what's beyond my mortal life. For that is the only truth I seek.
Proud member of: [Hispanime]

KorganoS

KorganoS

Busy atm ^_^;;

imho, it's a good anime but leaves a lot to be desired.
If you're into ancient Japan era style, and occasional short-fast-paced swordfights, this anime is for you. But there are bunch of drama in this serie, so if you want more fights, you'll no able to find it here...
The psychological factor is nice, though... and character development is good.
I believe you can find the review on it first before you decided ^^
good luck!

For HQ anime pieces of art
visit : [FRAGMENTS] - www.crash.inweb.dk

maikuuu

maikuuu

Kickass SuperChamplooGuy

If you're a Samurai Anime fan, then this is a must watch for you.

I enjoyed it quite a bit... Mangaka Nanae Chrono was very interested in interpreting the Shinsengumi much more closely than in Kenshin - which was very loosely based on the events and characters of the Meiji period.

All the names of the main characters are intact, their sword fighting styles are based on the actual real life styles and Chrono follows actual historical events. In other words, she was very serious regarding the depiction of the Shinsengumi.

imo it's one of the best Samurai animes ever made. ^_^'

Deedles

Deedles

doki doki

I have only watched the first DVD, but I have to say I was very impressed and reallly waiting for the next one!!

Before I buy something, I try to rent it first (thanks to blockbuster.com).

.:.:.:.deedles.:.:.:.

It's a good series for fans of that period of Japan. Otherwise, not real action goes on, and some parts of the series is just plain weird.

Signature Image

akai

akai

`Procrastinator` ~ t(_ _ t)

Personally, I like it alot.
It ended with only 24 episodes. But the manga continues after that.

O.o Infestation of Ichigoism o.O

i enjoy watching this alot. the comedy and action are top-nocth to me.

Signature

yieloon

yieloon

#1 Slacker

I never understand why this show was so popular... Beside the 1st episode, and the last few eps of the inn fight, to me this show is horrible.

Seriously, u can just watch the 1st ep and the last 3eps, the filler episode inbetween is just not worth watching. This samurai show just cant fight with the others top notch samurai anime like champloo and s7.

Signature

They say that god arranged relationships, but men created separation.

Yea this show could of had more potential than it did. The premise was good but yea you start watching filler episodes real early. I personally didnt finish because i just though it wasnt worth it.

celluz

celluz

Italian Otaku

I liked it... i loved the character design ... but its an anime without a proper ending...many...to many things stiil unknown....as an anime depending in an unfinished manga....give it a try...but dont cry for the inexistent ending

marc

marc

Yojimbo

I was disappointed with this series. The first episode promised that it would be a great series, but I was let down. It could've been so much better...

A friend of mine enjoyed it though. :)

Signature Image

Do As Infinity Forever

tecnophreak

tecnophreak

retired user

lol, well 8/10 people isn't bad. I'm glad though, cause I bought the first DVD and manga for my little bro for christmas.

Signature

sUmm3r

{{cRaZy_B3auTifuL}}

I saw one episode and i loved it! XD

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

akai

akai

Quote by sUmm3rI saw one episode and i loved it! XD

lol, that might be because the first episode was good.
Personally, i enjoyed the whole series, but I'd think that the best episodes were 01 and 20-24.

sammo

Retired Moderator

sammo

Retired Moderator

hahaha, one of the most memorable episode is when they steal hijikata's haiku book XD

akai

akai

Quote by sammohahaha, one of the most memorable episode is when they steal hijikata's haiku book XD

Yah, Okita-san was such a naughty boy. XD
It was pretty funny seeing the taishi being chased around by hijikata.
I didn't understand a single thing written in the haiku book though. :(

MadWiz

MadWiz

Student Slacker

Quote by akai

Quote by sUmm3rI saw one episode and i loved it! XD

lol, that might be because the first episode was good.
Personally, i enjoyed the whole series, but I'd think that the best episodes were 01 and 20-24.

heh I remember I watched from 2x2=shinobuden episode 11 or something and the sasuke and all the other lookalike samurais saying..
quite a number of anime only the first and last episode is really good..(although its kinda talking about the animation there) (ok this is not really a good anime though if you are hoping for story.. its just for lameness and laughs.. sorry to bring it in here)

anyway I have the copy of the peacemaker but I haven't watched it at all yet.. but my sister completed it and I watched at midways.. its actually pretty interesting and stuff
maybe I will watch it.. since it seems to be my style.. the story and stuff..

I love it completly, it starts off to a great start, and most if not all great animes leave you desiring more, I really like how this samurai anime turned out. <<; besides you have to love Souji-sama ^____^

asagoro

hokori o motsu

the anime's ok, i like the manga's (shinsengumi imon peacemaker and PMK) better. the animation is good, but it looks like a kids show... the vioces are good though, and the music is great. ^_^'

I haven't seen it, but one of my friends said it was one of the most boring anime's he's ever seen. But then agian, another friend of mine was absolutely obsessed with it while it aired.

asagoro

hokori o motsu

your friend must rock. my friends think i'm crazy... they prefer FMA, but FMA has no samurai, so it's sad. T_T

Quote by Neverdonei enjoy watching this alot. the comedy and action are top-nocth to me.

the only thing i don't like is it ends before the manga does.

(\_/)
(O.o)
(> <) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

(\_/)
(X.o)
(> <) This is Bugsy, Bunny's friend. He helps Bunny on his conquest for world domination. copy him to help Bunny gain world domination.

(\__/)
(@.@)
( > <) This is Brainy, bunny's friend. He's the brains behind Bunny's world conquest. copy him into your sig if you want bunny to rule the world.

(%)
(\ll/)
(O.o)
(< >) This is Sain. Sain is a good friend of Bunny and helps him in any way he can.

akari-chan

akari-chan

59 luv XD

I demand you to watch it! Just kidding! lol It has some fighting in it. Pretty good though.

Signature
*~Latest Submissions~*:
{Relaxation}{Melancholic Yuki}{Basil}{Potemayo}

This is a very good anime. I wish the main character would do some more fighting, well he's just a kid. But all the other characters are pulled into the spotlight. And there's a scene where I cried like a baby. It has alot of heart, as in pride of their fighting way of life. Very good anime. You must watch if you haven't.

page 1 of 1 24 total items

Back to General Anime & Manga Talk | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.