Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Question of Etiquette... - Minitokyo

Question of Etiquette...

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 38 total items

OracleAngel

Retired Moderator

OracleAngel

-... de lovbot-

Okay since love has changed all around the world for a thousand years i have one beef about it.....doesnt anyone notice that there is no more integrity and class anymore nowadays cos i had this stupid thing happened to one of my friends in the bus station (whos a girl) got asked by some lowlife "Hey where can i get some sexy fine ladies???!" and yeah i gave him the look of death while my other friend mouthed him off....the nerve of people today!
Is people nowadays like that? no respect whatsoever in their natural lives? especially to women!

[MEN] Since the beginning of time my parents raised me to a certain etiquette for me, you know the gentlemen sense.... and so i ask you this:

Do you have the gentlemen side, do you practice it ?(not all the time but when its necessarry when near a girl)

[WOMEN] I have always felt a great respect for women and what they believe and do...making them equal like man is to women but i ask you this:

Do you feel offended when people dont respect you in a good manner and treat you like an object or is it just kitty litter for you?

jackalx66

jackalx66

Blau Mond

me, at least i try ^^'
my problem with such etiqquette is
only when i ask my gf to 3 or 4 star restaurant >.<
and there i done the dumbest thing ever
and i got dumped for 2 week
after that we made up again
*and note to myself, behave ur act when in such high class restaurant ^^' *
well i'm still trying right now
coz it very hard to react that u never done before >.<
my answer is: yes , i practice it, even i don't like it tough >.<
and bout the gentlemen side, maybe a little ^^;
*still in depth practicing*

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

i definitely see where your coming from, im sick of how guys have no respect for the opposite gender and tend to be really ignorant. though the same thing can be said about women, i guess i just notice it more with guys being one

Oh yeah, I'm sure that was just a misunderstood soul with truely honorable intentions.....but probably not.
Yeah, guys have a gentleman side, which we practice at appropiate times. Obviously, that guy wasn't currently practicing his. I mean, little things like holding open doors, offering help when needed, being polite, that kind of stuff, right? Lots of guys do that, so don't let one creep like that ruin your day.
But you shouldn't be worried about flamboyantly honest guys like that; they're easily identified as creepy. rather, look out for the guys who are smooth talkers; too smooth, the kind that seems rehersed.

Celessa

Retired Moderator

Celessa

Okaerinasai - Welcome Home

Actually - I am one of the few people around university who still holds quite an aura of etiquette here, and it runs throughout my whole life. I never let it change.

I am obviously disgusted at guys who try to look down my multiple skirts - even when they are knee deep and when peeps obviously want to take a look at my chest and whisper about how damn hot I am like I'm some tool of inspection. To me - screw men who think that way.

I hate scantilly clad ladies and slutty girls as well.

The world lacks etiquette because now there are too many pervs out there in the world. I hate them, I hate them, I hate them so much! How low can people go? How stupid can one get to open their damn mouths when it even seems inappropriate. Angel, you ain't the only person to go through a lot of that stuff.

Thank goodness you made this thread because for once, in my entire life experience, I have to say back then it was fairly decent with good morales. Now we are in a land of doom. Go figure.

I hate them, I hate them, I hate them soooo much! I'd tape their mouth shut and gut them open if they ever had the right mindset to do this ever again. What is love to them, really? The nerve! **Chomps on an apple**

"No matter where you go, no matter how tough life may be, just remember that always in your heart, you will still be loved."

Signature

OracleAngel

Retired Moderator

OracleAngel

-... de lovbot-

Quote by jackalx66me, at least i try ^^'my problem with such etiqquette is
only when i ask my gf to 3 or 4 star restaurant &gt;.&lt;
and there i done the dumbest thing everand i got dumped for 2 week
after that we made up again
*and note to myself, behave ur act when in such high class restaurant ^^' *
well i'm still trying right now
coz it very hard to react that u never done before &gt;.&lt;
my answer is: yes , i practice it, even i don't like it tough &gt;.&lt;
and bout the gentlemen side, maybe a little ^^;*still in depth practicing*

I know what you mean... i ocassionally go to high class restaurants to fib my fancy with a girl....its always a pain in the wallet side >__<

Quote by Nukecloud Lots of guys do that, so don't let one creep like that ruin your day.But you shouldn't be worried about flamboyantly honest guys like that; they're easily identified as creepy. rather, look out for the guys who are smooth talkers; too smooth, the kind that seems rehersed.

Would you believe this thread was derived from the movie "Bridget jones2 edge of reason" when i watched it with my girly friends....see that and youll know what i mean.... XD

valsimot

wingless

i hate to say it, but i do whisper to my friends how hot a girl is. i can't help it, i'm just wired that way :sweat: but as far as asking the idiotic question from the top... that is just beyond any good sense, let alone ethic. when i take a girl out it's respect, open doors, pay the bill, anything she needs i'm there. never make a move unless she asks. thats what my parent have been teaching me all my life, and thats the way i live it.

once a warrior for the cause,
now shamed and disgraced,
banished from my world,
wingless i walk this one...

Osiris

Retired Moderator

Osiris

(>^-^)>( . Y . )

Some people are just jackasses, you cant help it :\

As for me, im a gentlemen around kawaii girls ^__^ .....a regular nice guy with no girlfriend ._.

As for respect, i dont beleive that respect is earned...people should respect others. I give respect to everyone and if they dont respect me back, they lose mine. ^_^'

Signature

Well, as for me, I do try my best to be a gentleman but often my often short temper can get in the way of things. I won't crak up at someone I don't know though. I do stick with the door opening thing but it sucks when they don't even say thanks and kind of makes you wonder if it was all worth it.

Of course, the ultimate test of whether you're a gentleman is say, if a girl comes up to yu looking all distressed and saying she's lost her stuff (credit cards and all) and can't get home and needs some money to get home. She could have been having it on for all I know but she was kind of cute so you can't resist digging into your wallet at times like that. I once gave some bird £10 in a similar situation. Damn their Jedi mind tricks!

jackalx66

jackalx66

Blau Mond

Quote by OsirisSome people are just jackasses, you cant help it :\
As for me, im a gentlemen around kawaii girls ^__^ .....a regular nice
guy with no girlfriend ._.
As for respect, i dont beleive that respect is earned...people should
respect others. I give respect to everyone and if they dont respect me
back, they lose mine. ^_^'

rofl @ osi XD
i was right, u really need kawaii girl
just pick one here then XD

about respect
Respect for self; Respect for others; Responsibility for all your actions
if that doesn't work, go with ur osied style XD
*runs from osi*

Quote by OracleAngelI know what you mean... i ocassionally go to high class restaurants to fib my fancy with a girl....its always a pain in the wallet side >__<

indeed ._.
*look at empty wallet .....*

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

Red

Red

Red Lee

That's very light already OracleAngel.
People nowadays have no manners whatsoever. Very few living humans have that program in them to be polite.

On the streets, girls get harrassed in an instant if they are not alert.
Girls who wear clothes that shape their body even by just a bit, get harrassed too.
Some stupid standbys would wistle and zoom their face right at yours just to disrespect you.

That's just a few lighter things that can happen everyday, on daylight public streets and trsnports

They are lighter things, and yet they are one of the major things that mess up my day as i go to work or anywhere. It's annoying. I wish I had a car so I don't have to travel on public transpos.

OracleAngel

Retired Moderator

OracleAngel

-... de lovbot-

Quote by AchmodeOf course, the ultimate test of whether you're a gentleman is say, if a girl comes up to yu looking all distressed and saying she's lost her stuff (credit cards and all) and can't get home and needs some money to get home.

Quote by Red It's annoying. I wish I had a car so I don't have to travel on public transpos.

Yeah i have this knack of waiting for the girl to get to the bus or transport late at night or walking any girly friend home if shes alone....im just that "over protective" for some reason !! :)

Osiris

Retired Moderator

Osiris

(>^-^)>( . Y . )

Quote by RedThat's very light already OracleAngel.
People nowadays have no manners whatsoever. Very few living humans have that program in them to be polite.

On the streets, girls get harrassed in an instant if they are not alert.
Girls who wear clothes that shape their body even by just a bit, get harrassed too.
Some stupid standbys would wistle and zoom their face right at yours just to disrespect you.

That's just a few lighter things that can happen everyday, on daylight public streets and trsnports

They are lighter things, and yet they are one of the major things that mess up my day as i go to work or anywhere. It's annoying. I wish I had a car so I don't have to travel on public transpos.

being a girl is tough huh u_u

red red, osi will drive you around XD

Signature

Usagi

Usagi

hentai, I like.

it's because people are more liberal these days. as a girl, it is tough and guess we just have to learn how to fight back... it's common that some men do not show reapect to the opposite sex since some girls dress-up in a bad way. they expose too much to make people notice them. in return, they do not get the respect that they deserve since they are also disrespecting their own selves.

jinhui

jinhui

I love Harry Potter

Quote by Red
People nowadays have no manners whatsoever. Very few living humans have
that program in them to be polite.
On the streets, girls get harrassed in an instant if they are not
alert.
Girls who wear clothes that shape their body even by just a bit, get
harrassed too.
Some stupid standbys would wistle and zoom their face right at yours
just to disrespect you.

ya i totally agree!!! i dun mind if that guy is whispering to his friend tat the girl is cute or pretty i think it's a kind of praise for ladies.... but i really dun like those idiots that harrass girls... if they really think that the girl is pretty then go know that girl formally and not harass them... it'll onli disgrace themself...

there are some women whom dun have etiquette too... i've met too many of them...
as a chinese girl i prefer guys tat have etiquette... dun need to be the No1 gentlemen but mus have certain etiquette...

Harry Potter And The Goblet Of Fire
in Theater in NOVEMBER

tuxedotservo

tuxedotservo

-- gone and very much forgotten

OracleAngel said:
> Do you have the gentlemen side, do you practice it ?(not all the time but when its
> necessarry when near a girl)

Yes, I do - or at least I certainly try.
When I was in the dating stage of my life, I thought it was important, because a woman who *expects* to be respected is on a far better emotional foundation than one that tolerates, or even encourages, being talked down to. Any self-respecting woman would snub a man for acting like a jerk - and she should.

As for guys, they should think of it this way - would they talk to their mother like that? (yes, I know that for some, the answer is probably yes).

Being respectful isn't an effort.

Red said...(hey, that rhymes!):
> People nowadays have no manners whatsoever. Very few living humans have that program
> in them to be polite.

I don't mean any disrespect, but that's a logical fallacy.
The first sentence implies there are no manners, period, based on the reactions of some members of a group (people). I would disagree. The problem - and it's the same if it's this, or if it is anything else - is that the bad seeds always stick out.

The second sentence is interesting to think about. Are manners "programmed" or is it a "learned" trait? Or is it a little of both? I think environment (how ones parents treated eachother, etc.) has at least something to do with it.

--
tuxedotservo
Palpatine for Emperor - Why Settle for the Lesser Evil?
Dancing to the beat of a different drummer, and it's not pretty.

belmikry

Retired Moderator

belmikry

belly-button

well- I don't like when anyone doesn't recieve respect.
It bothers me when girls get all 'giggly' when guys are honking at them or making a fuss... Or vice versa for that matter... it seems either immature of just pointless to me...

I hate having a guy pay for me. I'll only agree if he lets me pay next time. I don't see why I should get him to pay all of the time. Am i not enjoying his company as well? Do i not want to help out? I really have a hard time with that... and one of my guy friends herre tries to open doors for me- so not used to that at home... I'm just 'one of the guys' in a chickies body at home ^_^' ...

but yes to your question- I get really pissed off when people are not respected. When women are seen as objects, and when guys are shoved around to show their macho-ness abilities. It all baffles my mind

i dont mind if a guy comes up to me and says, "hey- i think you're pretty" but i dont take compliments well- so I kind of shrug them off. But if someone is a gentlemen he comments on more than your figure- your mind and personality if you will. Now THAT my friends is the way to go. Obviously someone who comes up to you on the street will not be able to compliment your m,ind' ^_^' .. *unless he's some crazy stalker- ahhhh XD *

but instead of "hey baby- your rack really blows my mind" ... why don't they try, "Hello- sorry this is kind of awkward but I thought you were really pretty and i'm intrigued to try and get to know you"

now THAT is the way to go XD

*boots away those guys bugging oracleangel's friend* XO

Signature
Anime wallpaper/Female Scans/Group Scans Moderator
-
rippers and duplicates beware of belly's button! XD [ermmm... o_o]

tuxedotservo

tuxedotservo

-- gone and very much forgotten

Quote by belmikry..
I hate having a guy pay for me. I'll only agree if he lets me pay next
time. I don't see why I should get him to pay all of the time. Am i not
enjoying his company as well? Do i not want to help out? I really have
a hard time with that... and one of my guy friends herre tries to open
doors for me- so not used to that at home... I'm just 'one of the guys'
in a chickies body at home ^_^' ...

Ask your male friends not to open the door. Just say that you appreciate the thought, but you aren't the type who really wants/needs that kind of treatment. They'll understand - we're not all complete cavemen ^^ If they're your friends, they probably know your personality enough to think "oh, yeah" and be fine with that.

As for dinner...that reminds me of a funny story when I met my wife (ten years ago.. O.o;)
The first time we went out to eat, the bill arrives:
Me: "Oh, I can get this."
Her: "No, no. I can pay my own way, thank you."
Me: "ok, super. With tip, that'll be $xx."

Did her jaw hit the floor.

She says that taught her two things:
1. I was different than anyone else she'd dated to that point - most try to convince her to let them pay - sometimes arguing about it.
2. Never to try to argue if she actual *wants* me to pay. My rule is that I only offer once. I'm not the type who'll argue a bill.

That wouldn't work for you (because they want to pay), so maybe a funny test would be, after they offer, saying "Great! Since it's on you, I think I'll order more stuff to take home. Thanks!"

--
tuxedotservo
Palpatine for Emperor - Why Settle for the Lesser Evil?
Dancing to the beat of a different drummer, and it's not pretty.

MadWiz

MadWiz

Student Slacker

ummm ettiquette...
I am quite stuck to home and don't go out often.. too addicted to my computer~
but ok I try to be good and not make a fool out of myself and everyone when outside..I don't want to be also.. but when it comes to eating.. I might have problems, sometimes we chat and I would suddenly bring out the topic about dirty stuff.. literally dirty (pee poo etc)!! but the guys they also would talk about these stuff.. but there were few times I was with my girl friend (spacing there) and she couldn't eat her food.. (pig's intestine.. which was how I brought up such a topic)
I am talkative in nature but I try to hold back.. ettiquettes and stuff I would usually forget and do my style, but if there is someone I can mimic..(like which knife to use for different food in a higher class place) I would follow.. I am not the gentlemanly kind.. probably because I am still a very talkative boy now it wouldn't mean a lot yet.. but I will follow suit not as to attract attention and stuff

Ettiquette eh?

Well it has it's times, though sometimes it can be either too much or an utter lack of.

Speaking from a female POV, I find it terrible when you see guys treat females as objects or 'meat' so to say. Having said that, there is a time when it can be seen as that and other times when it can be seen as messing around.

By this I mean for example: A guy you work with (and know well) cat calls por something. With me if I know them well and get along with them this is usually fine because a lot of people I know are the sort of people who do it with no ill intensions behind it and do it just to make you laugh or such.

Though when you walk past a bunch of guys and get comments basically other than "Hey there!" that are demeaning then yes I do have an issue with it.

With me it all really comes down to the individual.

As another example: My boyfriend has a habbit of calling me 'woman'. Some people this would be a huge offence to, but from him to me , I know it is all in the fun of it. If he takes it too far he will get a mouthful for it though ^^;

i also agree with Belmikry in the whole "guys pay for everything deal".... Unless there is a reason or pre-organised, it is either split even or there will be hell to pay lol! (Anyone feeling sorry for the boyfriend yet).

So basically what I have been trying to say is ettiqueete is necissary and fine when you do not know the person well; but when you get to know someone it all depends on the individuals really. Some will expect more social decorum than others.

Any of that make sense? XD

tecnophreak

tecnophreak

retired user

yes, I am always the gentlemen, but there is a time when talking dirty is ok on certain occasions. but "where can I gets ome sexy fine ladies" is definately nowhere near there.

Signature

zephiris26

zephiris26

Vector Addict [TM]

Quote by OracleAngelOkay since love has changed all around the world for a thousand years i have one beef about it.....doesnt anyone notice that there is no more integrity and class anymore nowadays cos i had this stupid thing happened to one of my friends in the bus station (whos a girl) got asked by some lowlife "Hey where can i get some sexy fine ladies???!" and yeah i gave him the look of death while my other friend mouthed him off....the nerve of people today!
Is people nowadays like that? no respect whatsoever in their natural lives? especially to women!
[MEN] Since the beginning of time my parents raised me to a certain etiquette for me, you know the gentlemen sense.... and so i ask you this:
Do you have the gentlemen side, do you practice it ?(not all the time but when its necessarry when near a girl)
[WOMEN] I have always felt a great respect for women and what they believe and do...making them equal like man is to women but i ask you this:
Do you feel offended when people dont respect you in a good manner and treat you like an object or is it just kitty litter for you?

I think it's gross when a guy just comes up to you in public and starts saying disgusting things to you :sweat: It makes me very angry XD
Some guy in my science class told me to strip on the table for him and I hit him in the face...hard. XD

when guys act retarded, i feel embarassed rather than offended.
embarassed for them.
and the look of death is always a winner.
especially when tinged with disgust.

CyanideBlizzard

Retired Moderator

CyanideBlizzard

Margarita Time!

Always.....I've been called many times by complete strangers a perfect gentleman before. Also a 'white rose in a field of red' but yeah @_@. I try to practice both actions on and offline. It makes no different, I show the upmost respect to the men and espically to the ladies.

Oh yes keep in my I wasn't brougth up that way. I was brought up to respect, but the gentleman thing was my own doing on my own free will. I couldn't agree with Red more.....but from what I've learned in life is girls don't want a perfect gentleman. Course looks couldn't hurt either but I don't have any...maybe thats why I've been rejected countless times.... Oh well nothing can change the past. I'll keep being a gentleman for the rest of my life. Thats just how I am and just how I'm gonna be.

Oracle....I have to say this in that your not the only one that thinks like that. Thats very kind of you to do such things. I try to do the best I can to be a gentleman (Since I have pretty much...no female friends in real life its usually the little things for strangers) but nonetheless I offer my assistance to those whom may want it. Its not just about being nice to girls, but to both genders as well. I try to...broaden my manners...Though it ends up looking sometimes like I feel sorry for the person or what not..when all of the things I offer are in my opinion simple jestures of kindness. Great to know that I'm not the only guy that feels like that...unless I'm mistaking your words.

Anyways thats my say in this take.

To Zephy-chan : *Claps* I'm glad you hit him in the face, maybe you knocked something around and if you heard a *click* then you musta re-connected something so maybe he won't be an idiot.....but thats wishful thinking.... I hate guys that do that crap....I really don't understand what possess an individual to say such an idiotic thing......Whats worse is crap like that half the time is considered "Cool". *shudders* I loved being an outcast in school and if thats what it ment to be cool....I'll continue being one. =P. You don't take no crap Zephy-chan and I'm proud of ya for that! *sniff* I only wish I could of seen him get punched....

Signature Image

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 38 total items

Back to Love, Friends & Family | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.