Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 House Of The Flying Daggers. - Minitokyo

House Of The Flying Daggers.

page 1 of 1 15 total items

Has anyone seen this yet? is it anygood? I just saw it in the paper today in the theatre section. I had no idea this was coming out, and im a huge kung fu lover . XD

anjovu

anjovu

the Eternal Traveller

Hi mate,

Is it a proper title or do you mean :
House of the Flying Daggers

I've seen this movie recently. Tell you more if we're talking about the same movie.

hahaha oh man im sorry. yea i meant house of the flying daggers. sorry its late where i am, very sleepy XD

anjovu

anjovu

the Eternal Traveller

This movie, House of the Flying Daggers is, my first impression, colorful.
Plenty of colors and with different themes :
Green forest - Flowers field - Autumn Leaves - Bamboo forest - Snowfield fight ...

Actors are great and the fighting scenes are well choregraphed.
The plot is surprising until the end.
The final is like almost of Asian movie, not a surprise for me.
This movie has a lot of good reviews and can be compared with the famous "Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon" and will be famous as well.

A title worth to be seen.

PS : The daggers really fly like the title

nekkibasara1213

FCB Forever

I am really excited to see this movie, and even happier that Miramax has nothing to do with this movie. Gott sei dank that Sony has this one. Hopefully this means that we will see a good DVD rather than the smoking pile of turd that is the Hero R1 DVD.

Signature Image
Bomber! A sound more powerful than missiles.

Iyasis

Iyasis

:: Crystal Winter ::

I have the DVD though i havn't watched the entire movie yet. However, there is this drum-dance/echo game scene which is absolutely amazing. The movie is done by the same person who did Hero which was great; breathtaking fight scenes also :D So i defintely would recommend both movies

Its pretty good, i liked hero more myself, but i'm a HUGE takeshi kaneshiro fan, so i picked it up as soon as the dvd came out oversea's.
while i like the ending, involving the three main characters, i would like to see the conclusion with 'the House of flying daggers' and the police, as it prepares you for a confrontation between the two, it doesnt serve up. thats my only real complaint.
the colors were beautiful, and it was a nice love story.

rhitnee

rhitnee

stabuface^^

i loved it...but then again i'm a freak for asian films ^^

Signature

shinsengumi

Retired Moderator

shinsengumi

. . . remember me?

I saw it in Shanghai this past summer. . . it's visually impressive, and the fight scenes and choreography are really amazing, but the plot isn't all that good, save for a twist, and the ending is both a tad ridiculous and disappointing.

Many of my friends compare it to Hero and Crouching Tiger. . . I have to say that Crouching Tiger is definitely the best of the lot still.

Oh, and random trivia. . . the actual title in Mandarin means "traps on all ten sides".

s h i n s e n g u m i
Minitokyo Policy, Forum, Review, and Category Maintenance Moderator Emeritus

Do not expect to be applauded when you do the right thing, and do not expect to be forgiven when you err, but even your enemies will respect commitment, and a conscience at peace is worth a thousand tainted victories.

yeah, Ambush From Ten Sides (literal English title) is whats listed on IMDB
i still think "Lovers" was the best title, why'd they drop that? it was most fitting title imo

Usagui

Usagui

The Lone Bunny

Its a pretty decent movie until the ending where it gets real odd, but its still worth a look
might i reccomend another one: "fighter in the wind" i thought it was awesome :)

Let me Serve You!! :)
Signature

i like crouching tiger, but the whole genre's getting real played in america

cool, i will check it out then. The trailer didnt looka all that impressive but i will give it a chance.

calisqo

calisqo

::RERAITO::

well i think it has good fighting scenes.
There's a bit of twist in the storylines.
Very simple story line but has a preety deep in meaning.
Not much artistic effect like in "hero"
but younger audiences would prefer this to hero I think ^_^

Overall i give it s 7/10.

I wanted to go see this movie recently with my girlfriend, but she didn't want to and said "whats with you and all the wierd movies." well whatever, I'm going to see it with one of my other friends soon enough.

page 1 of 1 15 total items

Back to Music & Movies | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.