Onegai... any Please Teacher! fans who like the english dub?

Tagged under Onegai Teacher

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 1 18 total items

Kei-kun

Kei-kun

Loving Mizuho

Cancel

As you all know me, Kei-kun, I am truly in love with Onegai Teacher!
I watch both versions of the anime: Japanese and English. And I know both casts very well. But it makes you quite lonely of just me the only hardcore fan loving the English version as well as the Japanese.
So are there any, any Please Teacher! fans at all who like/love the english dubbed version?

If so, then please be my friend... and can you name the cast of the English side or both sides (i.e. English and Japanese)? :)

For those who only love the Japanese version, please don't hate me. ^_^' I love both casts very much! If you don't believe me that I love both voices equally, then go check my userpage, the sound section in my Onegai Teacher review, and my Please Teacher! website.

Or if there are simply real hardcore fans of Please Teacher! then please be my friend too. :)

I've put up a little poll too.

So, are there any Onegai Teacher fans who love the English dub as well as the Japanese?
Be my OT-fan friend onegaishimasu! :)

P.S. If you hate dubs irrespective of the anime, then please do not comment. It is unnecessary to post here, if you dislike dubs in the first place. Thank you.

• Dec 08, 2004

TanKilleR

TanKilleR

Manga Fanatic

Cancel

Yes. I liked the dub work done. I also hurd the jap voices. I liked mizuhp's voice in jap too, maby a little more than the englsh one. But the english one has a monther;y love sound to it. I loved it when se got mad, how the voice sounded. Though that was only in 2ep's and for less than 10sec. Still funny to hear.

As for being into it as much as you Kei, I used to be like that. Then when Onegai Twins I went insane with happness, lilke a lil girl getting a doll. But the hype has rubbed off, as I will for you too. Still hopeing they make a Onegai ____, some new one. OMG that'd be so tight. Ah well, I can just wate for FMP3 to comeout this summer. Thats aways good.

By the way, I hated Kei's english voice, was so irrateing. Unlike the Jap voice that was more muture in sound. That was the only downsite to it. And WTF is up with Makatqu wanting to F**K/Love his own sister in Onegai Twins, man thats sicko.

Cancel

I'm a bit biased since I never watch English dubs. I usually can't stand them.

Signature Image

• Dec 08, 2004

Kei-kun

Kei-kun

Loving Mizuho

Cancel

Quote by someweirdguyI'm a bit biased since I never watch English dubs. I usually can't stand them.

Jeez thanks a lot. That comment was useless. If you don't like dubs in the first place, then there it was absolutely unnecessary in replying to this thread, let alone dub vs sub threads.

I don't need comments like those thank you. If the thread doesn't appeal to you, then don't reply! Simple as that.

• Dec 08, 2004

Terra-chan

Terra-chan

Crazy Lazy Workaholic

Cancel

I have the anime borrowed from a friend currently... I'm planning on watching it subbed soon, so I'll let ya know in a few days ^_~

Signature
~ Deviant Artist ~ Comic Spriter ~ | ~ Are you UNDERAPPRECIATED
~ Come see the wonders of the Host Club ~

calibretto23

calibretto23

Open your eyes...

Cancel

I am a dub man by nature but on some releases (flcl, Cowboy Bebop) i take the time to check them out. I usually watch them cause half the time i'm workin on the 'puter at home. Letting me share my attention between the series and my work... I've been wanting to rewatch this one for quite a while... I love it its one of my favorite ones... I'm now watching please twins and i'm glad to say they kept the same voice for Ms Kazumi... but they made her so ditzy it hurts... :sweat:

Signature Image

------------------------------------

Proud Member of:
|Hardcore-gamers| |Dub-Lovers-Group| |Fight-Club| |MT-singles| |FinalFantasyFans| |Samurai|

• Dec 08, 2004

Anamnesis

Anamnesis

Remembrance of Things Past

Cancel

I have only seen the series in Japanese, but I have yet to find a dub that matches the Japanese voice work on any series! The English dubs always seem to overact their parts.

Signature

Kei-kun

Kei-kun

Loving Mizuho

Cancel

Quote by AnamnesisI have only seen the series in Japanese, but I have yet to find a dub that matches the Japanese voice work on any series! The English dubs always seem to overact their parts.

That's because the version you saw is more than likely a fansub (if not DVD sub only), do you own many anime DVDs? Mainly downloads, right?.
And I presume that you've been watching subs ALL YOUR life. Thus it's obvious that you'd say that you can't find a good english dub, because wherever you look it's subs for you. You can't change because you're glued to subs for life.

Please, if people are going to post, please read the thread carefully, make sure you have a good comment, and also vote.

Onegaishimasu. :)

• Dec 08, 2004
Cancel

I usually only watch subtitled shows just because it's both a part of my tradition to watch anime that way as it is with many viewers, and also because I was under the impression due to the few shows that I had seen dubbed that all were bad. Lately, I've gotten lazy and often haven't gone through the effort to be sure that I have my DVDs set to dub or I've been purposely lazy and not felt like watching subs. Onegai Teacher and Azumanga are the first of a few that I've accidentally watched in english and enjoyed to the point that I didn't notice that I was watching them dubbed. I guess that says that I don't mind the dubbed version? :)

• Dec 08, 2004

Kei-kun

Kei-kun

Loving Mizuho

Cancel

Quote by phlyingpenguinI usually only watch subtitled shows just because it's both a part of my tradition to watch anime that way as it is with many viewers, and also because I was under the impression due to the few shows that I had seen dubbed that all were bad. Lately, I've gotten lazy and often haven't gone through the effort to be sure that I have my DVDs set to dub or I've been purposely lazy and not felt like watching subs. Onegai Teacher and Azumanga are the first of a few that I've accidentally watched in english and enjoyed to the point that I didn't notice that I was watching them dubbed. I guess that says that I don't mind the dubbed version? :)

Well we have a prime example ladies & gentlemen of someone who is influence by the majority. Yes, it's true phlyingpenguin has been been influenced by the many anime viewers who only suggest subs when watching anime. And this has been past throughout many years of anime viewing. It's become like a tradition, and thus no one ever touches the dubbed. If they don't touch the dub, they won't know if it's good or not. You can't base your opinion on watching 1 series and saying that dubs are poor.

However, I was quite irritated when you said:

Quote: Onegai Teacher and Azumanga are the first of a few that I've accidentally watched in english and enjoyed to the point that I didn't notice that I was watching them dubbed.

It seems that from this, you used the word 'accidentally' making it like watching dubbed anime is wrong. It's like saying "oopsy" to dubs, or dubs are a "no-no".

I know exactly how you feel phlyingpenguin. You watch nearly every anime series with subtitles. And since you "accidentally" switched it to english, they can be really enjoyable once you give them a chance. :)
One great example of someone who knows how to admire both Japanese and English soundtracks is me.

• Dec 09, 2004

thelunarmage

thelunarmage

I'm getting too old for this...

Cancel

I've never seen the original Japanese version because I don't understand Japanese. That means I always by dubbed versions for my Anime collection. I agree with TanKilleR's assessment of Mizuho's dubbed voice. I like it sounding all motherly-like, it makes her cuter. Kei-kun if you would like I'd be more than happy to be a friend to you for OT. I really wish they'd make more releases of OT with Mizuho and Kei since I'm not terribly interested in Onegai Twins. :)

Phantom: You alone can make my song take flight! It's over now, the music of the night! - The Phantom of the Opera

Proud member of: Oldsters |MegatokyoFC | GameThreadSociety | Goddess-Fanclub | Dub-Lovers-Group | ChrnoCrusade | MT-Singles-Club | Minitokyo-Australia

• Dec 09, 2004

Anamnesis

Anamnesis

Remembrance of Things Past

Cancel

Quote by Kei-kun

Quote by AnamnesisI have only seen the series in Japanese, but I have yet to find a dub that matches the Japanese voice work on any series! The English dubs always seem to overact their parts.

That's because the version you saw is more than likely a fansub (if not DVD sub only), do you own many anime DVDs? Mainly downloads, right?.
And I presume that you've been watching subs ALL YOUR life. Thus it's obvious that you'd say that you can't find a good english dub, because wherever you look it's subs for you. You can't change because you're glued to subs for life.
Please, if people are going to post, please read the thread carefully, make sure you have a good comment, and also vote.
Onegaishimasu. :)

As it would happen I rent legitimate versions of Anime whenever possible... I personally own 7 series on DVD including Kiddy Grade, Azumanga Daioh, Witchhunter Robin, Noir, Puni Puni Poemi, Chobits & Haibane Renmei. Of these series Kiddy Grade is the only one that I feel the English dub is worth listening to, however I would still prefer watching the Japanese! Chobits is absolutly appalling and nothing like the Japanese version that I absolutly love. Having said all of that, I have always prefered watching movies/tv shows in their original format, so I guess I am biased in that sense. I do not however like the immediate assumption that I only watch or even support fan subbing. Yes I have fansubs, but only for shows currently airing that are not available on DVD in any way shape or form with English subtitles and if I like the show I go out and buy it when it becomes availalbe!

Signature

sUmm3r

{{cRaZy_B3auTifuL}}

Cancel

yes i love it! it was soo cute!! :) although i've never seen the jap version so i wouldn't kno which sounds better.

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

Keiichi-K1

Belldandy, my goddess

Cancel

I love both the Japanese and English versions, i always make sure i watch both whenever i watch an anime. I find it's more complete that way and interesting when you compare the two. As for Onegai Teacher, i'm not as a devoted fan as Kei-kun here but it's definitely one of my main fav animes. (ps. Bridgett Hoffman did a good job playing the voice of Mizuho and the voice of Kei wasn't bad either)

Cancel

I'll be your friend.I absolutely love, no scratch that, llllllloooooooovvvvvveeeeeeeeeee Onegai Teacher/ Onegai Twins/ Onegai Friends ( whenever it comes out). It was probably the first anime that made me totally obsessed with it the voice casting and dubbing was excelent in either Japanese or English. I had to know everything ecspecially on my favorite characters Koishi and Hatsuho (don't get me wrong Mizuho is in a close tie with Koishi) if you want I have some fanart here http://www.fanart-central.net/user-Amadeus.php

• Sep 05, 2005

MatildaIII

MatildaIII

Cancel

I wish i have a teacher like miss kasumi. shes cute but married and shes an alien a hot alien

The Moon....
The Bright Light
That Shines
Through the Dark

• Jan 15, 2008
Cancel

Don't you think that english dub in not as centimental as Japanese ones. Like in Episode 10 when Kei calls Marie, it is not as centimental as Japanese one. I have watched it in both languages and I prefer Japanese ones

• Jun 29, 2008

Spystreak

Retired Moderator

Spystreak

The Grim Reaper

Cancel

Okay no need to bump this one after so long. If you want to discuss this topic more then just make a new thread about it.

Fools You Can't Escape from The Grim Reaper. Your Only Chance for Escape Is Death. Bye Bye Now
Signature
Your Ignorance Will Be Your Own Downfall.

page 1 of 1 18 total items

Back to In-depth Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.