Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Why did my uploads get deleted? - Minitokyo

Why did my uploads get deleted?

page 1 of 1 12 total items

After uploading 4 photos of white sakura i received 3 notifications about my first 3 uploads, it said I was violating the rules, something like the pics were already on another site. (here's the message: "The image was directly taken from another website or an image gallery, with or without modifying").

I don't understand this, the photos were taken by me and my friend in Japan, i admit that i scaled down the pics to 1600x1200 or 1024x768 to fit the standard, but.... is that violating the rules????? I just want to upload them because it's hard finding a good host like this site. I insist that the photos are property of my friend and I.

Thank you for reading the post. Hope we can solved the problem so I can upload more of them.

Darla83

Darla83

BioRhythm ?

did you load photos as wallpapers? I'm not sure what kind of images you mean. but I think such things has to go in the scan section.

Signature
The Catgirl fan group ---Nya---- !!!:
KittyCats= for the neko lovers in MT

Fixed resolution size applies to wallpapers only. So, it's possible that someone else had put up those images in other sites as wallpapers. If you did scan them, why not post the image in its original size? (perhaps after some minor cleanup, etc.) I'm sure it will be accepted.

jackalx66

jackalx66

Blau Mond

http://support.minitokyo.net/policy/
read that for more information
and if that doesn't solve ur problem
i will contact gallery director then ,ok

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

I've read the rules and i have a question: can't I upload landscape photos or something like that? I uploaded 4 photos of white sakura branches which were taken by me or my friend, so they're not pirated products from another site. If there's a site which is hosting the photos, i really want to know the address of that site, because the photos are our property.

All i did here was scale the photos down to fit the standard of uploading (to 1024x768 or 1600x1200), and upload them to "general wallpapers".

If i'm violating some rule, please notify me. Thanks.

exentric

exentric

Plain Lazy

well this is weird case
if those photos really are yours then only the mod can explain why they delete em.
from the looks of the message, the mod probably thinks the photos were ripped from somewhere.
yer just have to ask the mod where actually they have seen the photos. ask them only if those really are yours. the mod really am strict on the ripping topic.

sammo

Retired Moderator

sammo

Retired Moderator

assuming that the moderatos were not born with super memory absorbing brains, please supply us with what you uploaded by uploading them to imageshack.us and letting us see what was deleted.

in addition, id like to point out that all materials not related to anime (excluding the general wallpaper section and abstract section, and perhaps doujinshi section) will be deleted. this isnt' an image host.

OK, i'm giving here an example photo:

Since the scaled down pic itself is bigger than 1MB and can't be hosted on imageshack.us, i'm pasting the direct URL to MY site, the only one which has the pics on it: http://100megsfree4.com/youngman2/Pics/PBQHMasterWork/a2j_DSCF0409.jpg
(the address i post here is the original photo taken by my friend, pbqh, in Japan, the one i tried to upload here is smaller, about 1600x1200 and 1.23MB)

I've read the rules, this photo is not related to anime but isn't it counted as a general wallpaper about blooming white sakura?

Keltosh

Retired Moderator

Keltosh

Inquisitor on hiatus

Uhm I see. I was the one who reported them. And here is the reason. From the MT FAQ

What can I submit as wallpaper?
» You can submit finished wallpapers that you made yourself using graphics software such as Adobe Photoshop. This means you cannot submit wallpapers that you found elsewhere, or modify existing wallpapers to submit it as yours. You may use stock images such as those found on Minitokyo, for example anime characters, to enhance the wallpaper. Submitting wallpapers from others is known as ripping and will be immediately removed from Minitokyo with all consequences that follow.

Ok, this photo was made by you, BUT, the policy also says

All submitted material must have a certain degree of quality, which is unconditionally decided by the Gallery Directors. This does not include 'filter-whore' wallpapers, one-color or very simplistic wallpapers, or screenshots, modified or not.

Honestly.. this is a photo. Not a wallpaper. As such, it doesn't belong to here. A wallpaper MUST have some degree of work.. but this is just a beautiful photo and there are better sites out there to post those, as Sammo said

Signature
I am now on hiatus from moderating due to my thesis.
One of my favorite game ever: Mordor: The Depths Of Dejenol Community
The beautiful signature is from Biriwilg

Ah, i see. In fact i was gonna use the photo as my background for my work with PS, but i haven't found the right anime pic yet so i asked my friend and he showed me this site. But i wasn't able to download and it said something like a 10th level membership is required so i was trying to upload the background first, and when my work is finished i'll post it later, but seems like i get stuck here because without the anime pics i can't finish my work. But i think posting also increases our level? When will i be able to download then?

And thanks for helping me out, i thought there was sth wrong with the photos :p

Oh man am I glad I read this post! I just had a legitimate wallpaper pulled for the same exact reason and I had no clue in hell as to why. Man was I pissed! I made a mistake before with not knowing about art book scanning, and I thought I had this great legit original work - and it immediately gets yanked! So pretty much no photos for the anime section, even as backdrops. Well, now they've done it. I've got a whole bunch of great work and now I'm too damn afraid to post any of it lest I get banned for it. Even reading the FAQ can't assure my uploads won't get banned - or me from Minitokyo for that matter. In the end we all suffer. My works were getting favorite hits right and left - until they got pulled! I'm not ripping from anyone, not stealing anyone's wallpaper - this just sucks. I just can't believe it. I'll forgo the help, I'm extremely miffed at this situation. Unfortunately I guess, you won't be seeing my work on Minitokyo.

Keltosh

Retired Moderator

Keltosh

Inquisitor on hiatus

Just a clarification. A wallpaper must have a minimum level of quality AND of effort in it. The wallpaper you are referrring to was a stock, unmodified photo with a female scan (and not so well extracted...) pasted over it. I do not want to be offensive but while the final effect might have been passable (except for the extraction..), the effort was obviously not enough. That is the reason it was deleted. The rules are there to prevent leechers from gaining levels with quick works AND to ensure that MT only hosts wallpapers of a certain level.

Signature
I am now on hiatus from moderating due to my thesis.
One of my favorite game ever: Mordor: The Depths Of Dejenol Community
The beautiful signature is from Biriwilg

page 1 of 1 12 total items

Back to Minitokyo Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.