Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 what do you think about it newtype-usa? - Minitokyo

what do you think about it newtype-usa?

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 30 total items

dead

dead

Komm Susser Tod!

I think is very good magazine with good contend, but it's too difficult to get here in C.R and it's $3.50 more expensive, but I buy it every month

Signature Image
...Vanity definitely my favorite sin...

Shkira

Shkira

Cake!!

Great information indeed, and fun posters. I like getting the latest in Japan. A lot of other magazines that are strictly American and focus only on YuGiOh and other trendy cable animes get on my nerves....

cloud811

cloud811

Keitaro Sohma

it was realy good, with the DVD's and the pull out posters...post cards...stickers and posters. But then they got greedy, they cut off the DVD's, then to popular demend they brought them back, but they jacked up the prices by 5$ in canada and no posters with it, only pull out poster. So it was a rip off, i stoped buying. other then that the magizen is realy good.

cloud811

cloud811

Keitaro Sohma

everybody im sorry for double posting....school computers...and i'll edit on my 3rd post to........T_T

cloud811

cloud811

Keitaro Sohma

I'M soooo sorry for triple posting!! ahh i kept clicking upload because my explorer was forzen, and then out of the blue BAM! 3 posts.....srry, i'll try to be more carefull when posting from the school.....T_T srry, am i in trouble?

love the magazine but it's too expensive , i only buy it if it is a good issue , + has a good cover . bought october and that was fantasitc had a really good double page preview of the anime - moon phase -

Saitou Hajime - "You can raise a dog with food, and you can raise a human with money but, no man is able to raise a wolf of Mibbu"

Laser

AkaKori

Love it, but now that it's gone up in price, it's just not worth it anymore.

Machinae Supremacy - The origin of SiD-metal. Rock plus SiD sound chip (C64/Amiga/etc). Go to: www.machinaesupremacy.com
Machinae forums: http://forum.machinaesupremacy.com

It's pretty good execpt that they try to make it read like the japanese language , execpt of course it English and I'm not accustomed to reading it like that. (I can read chinese which has the same order as Japanese) so I get hecka confused sometimes.

Shkira

Shkira

Cake!!

Quote by hiddenryuuIt's pretty good execpt that they try to make it read like the japanese language , execpt of course it English and I'm not accustomed to reading it like that. (I can read chinese which has the same order as Japanese) so I get hecka confused sometimes.

I thought it really cool that they left it like that, keeping yet even more true to the original, what we needed.

sUmm3r

{{cRaZy_B3auTifuL}}

XD ahhh i luv that mag, i'm subscribed to it, it's my bible :D

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

dead

dead

Komm Susser Tod!

amen, sUmm3r

Signature Image
...Vanity definitely my favorite sin...

ah i love the magazine.yea its quite expensive though. and i think the size of the book would be nicer if smaller... but still with enuf news and stories to discuss inside.. =D

rslgto

rslgto

Der Wille zur Macht

It's a good mag some months but others are just sad. The last two months not counting December did not include a DVD, and now it's gone up in price again! The main problem is that it's owned by ADV(or controlled) so naturally it's biased. But it's the best Anime mag out there, and the artwork and overall quality of the mag is just great. You can just buy it for the artwork, it's amazing

"Condemn me, it does not matter. History will absolve me!" - Fidel Castro

~Run Kasumi Run!~

Firefly

Firefly

Elegant Eyes

it's a good mag...
covers a lot of things and has good reviews...
i find some parts of it repeat itself too much...

also i find it's news update very slow...
all the things i read in it, i've already known from ppl or that anime is like 1-2 years old...
just too slow the usa...
(but it can't be helped)

Keough

Keough

Lockhart

NewType, mai fav maz. I usually get most of mai anime info from NT.

SVZ

SVZ

I can't speak from personal experience-- but I really like it. It's really expensive though-- so I can't afford to fork over about $100 per year. ^^; If I want to buy each issue indivually-- yikes, it's like $11 per issue.

I love the newtype magazine its got good pictures anime/manga updates its got everything an anime/manga finatic wants

I really like newtype! It has really good anime pictures and info on the latest in the anime/manga world!

~Tsuki-san

I tried to get a copy of the mag from the USA so i can read it here in the UK but they dont do subscriptions there, how uncool is that!

Gabberjaws

Nyu Nyu!

when it first started out it was badly written and uninformative. not the articles a worth reading and the centreflold is great. too bad you have to subscribe to get the DVD now. I can't afford to subscribe, it's more expensive than buying on the newsstand.
did they completely do away with the big poster too? i liked that.
i do like that they're pretty much the only american mag that isn't just about what's being played at the moment on the WB

Signature
Love the woman in your life or she'll come back and eat you.

AgentWax

8th Dan, Hentai-ryu Kenpo

I must admit that I don't have a good impression of it at present. I only bought 1 issue (yes, it's expensive), and was so disgusted by the 'reviews' that I no longer wish to purchase any more. None of the 'reviews' were negative, which casts some serious doubts on their authenticity. I just do not approve of advertisements masquerading as 'reviews'. It is an insult to actual critics and reviewers.

The rest of the magazine I found pretty decent, but their news are hardly news to anyone who uses the internet...

It's most popular anime magazine in Japan! That's why they have branch in Korea, Japan, and US. Only thing I don't like about NewType USA is cost!! Import NewType cost around $9. Because it has extra stuff like DVDs and cf... They charge around $14-$16 / issue. They have to address this issue if they want to increase their revenue!

Duuz

Duuz

Master of Disaster

I like it, though as it's printed by ADV I'd have to say it favors ADV stuff way too much. A truely independant anime magazine can be beholding to any anime distributer. The price for Newtype has always been expensive. Even the Newtype Japan was expensive to get over here. I do however pick my Newtype up at a local comic book store I have a club membership there. So I get 25% off the cover price.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.

Shagmar

Shagmar

Resident NERD

It's a decent magazine. A little one sided for ADV products but that's to be expected. My main qualm with it is the price...I spend too much on DVDs and games as it is, I can't be spending $10 on a magazine that I'll read once and then never look at again. In all fariness, I do pick up a copy when there is something in it that truly grabs my attention though.

Signature

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 30 total items

Back to General Anime & Manga Talk | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.