Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Removal of Media Factory Inc. Works @ AnimeSuki.com - Minitokyo

Removal of Media Factory Inc. Works @ AnimeSuki.com

page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Next » 84 total items

Nuriko

Retired Moderator

Nuriko

Hentai Slayer

Removal of Media Factory Inc. Works

AnimeSuki is a website that aims to be a portal for finding all unlicensed English anime torrents. By limiting the content to only unlicensed anime, we had tried to avoid associating AnimeSuki with piracy, even though as stated on the Licensed Anime page, fansubs are technically a violation of copyright. By not listing licensed anime, AnimeSuki avoided getting into any legal trouble with US anime companies, simply because we don't list anything they hold the copyright of.

As also stated on the page mentioned above, up until now (or we must unfortunately say: up until recently) fansub groups and anyone involved in the publication of fansubs had little to worry from legal pressure from Japan (ie. from the anime studios - the original copyright holders). We believed that at best Japanese anime studios condoned our actions or at least ignored us as being not much of a threat to them (in terms of revenue, etc).

Unfortunately, it seems times have changed. On December 7, 2004 AnimeSuki received an email from a Tokyo law firm who represents the interests of Media Factory Inc. (a Japanese anime studio) requesting us to stop uploading "works" (anime series) of MFI to our website and/or stop "inducing" our visitors to websites where their "works" can be downloaded.

Needless to say, AnimeSuki has never offered direct downloads of any anime series, nor (with very few exceptions) had anything to do with facilitating the downloading of any of the anime series listed on the site. Also, considering the circumstances it's not entirely sure if, in case this issue ever goes to court, whether they would succeed as AnimeSuki is nothing more than a collection of links, which should not be illegal.

However, the legal notice was addressed at me (GHDpro, creator and webmaster of AnimeSuki) personally and I do not wish to get involved in any kind of legal trouble. Therefore I have decided to remove any links to any "works" (anime series) by Media Factory Inc. from the site immediately. I hope you can understand that I don't wish to become the target of any legal action that Media Factory Inc. might take if I fail to comply with their request, regardless of the level of success such legal action might actually have. I simply want avoid any legal trouble, period.

Affected anime series by Media Factory Inc.
The decision to no longer list any anime series (present and future) of Media Factory Inc. currently affects these series:

* Kimi ga Nozomu Eien (including Akane Maniax)
* Genshiken (including Kujibiki Unbalance)
* School Rumble
* Gankutsuou
* RahXephon (OVA only, TV + Movie is licensed already)
* UFO Princess Warukyure (any season)
* Pugyuru

A complete list of Media Factory Inc. anime series can be found here.

Will fansub groups stop fansubbing these series?
That is of course entirely up to them. However, it is not entirely impossible that due to these developments fansub groups decide it isn't worth the risk and may drop these series.

Licensed?
You may have noticed the affected series (mentioned above) are now marked as "licensed" in the database of AnimeSuki. Please note that this is only because this is the easiest way to get these series permanently off the site. It has no other purpose and meaning than that. The scripts of AnimeSuki will be modified to display a different message soon.

Is this a hoax?
Unfortunately it is not. The main reason for delaying the decision to remove the links was to verify the authenticity of the email. However, the only conclusion we could come to is that this is real. Apart from the email a real letter was also sent from Japan by international mail, futher confirming its authenticity.

The beginning of the end?
Maybe, maybe not. Depends on if any other Japanese anime studio decides to follow MFI's example. AnimeSuki will continue to list fansubs of anime series for which MFI does not hold the copyright, unless told to do otherwise. So unless AnimeSuki is made obsolete by virtually every anime studio taking the same action as MFI, we won't close down!

Signature Image
Congrats to Crash-kun :: sarak :: Evanrued for winning the Nuriko Prize!

Foolish-ishness

Foolish-ishness

.:Obaka-san:.

My friend just told me about this 10 minutes before your post. This is simply crazy. AnimeSuki can't be sued, because they are only providing links. AnimeSuki is completely legal.

The only one of those I actually watch is School Rumble (since I already finished RahXephon). And Wannabe Fansubs is continuing to sub it and ignoring the threats :)

Hopefully japanese companies don't start attacking raw distributors. That would be horrible, indeed.

Signature Image

Celessa

Retired Moderator

Celessa

Okaerinasai - Welcome Home

I just received word too - and I am not actually at all surprised. If this becomes a chain of events, who knows what might happen next. **Chomps on an apple**

Ahh, Media Factory Inc... very intriguing indeed.

"No matter where you go, no matter how tough life may be, just remember that always in your heart, you will still be loved."

Signature

DarkVirus

DarkVirus

::Nobody::

that is really a shame........but wasn't RahXephon already lincesed?

.i just hope that sunrise or tv-tokyo don't sue animesuki.....i'll lose all the anime :(

retire

Wow ! What a shock, that a Japanese anime studio feels the need to do that. That's the first time, isn't it ? Let's hope that will not become a larger problem, because if I respect licensed animes, it's stupid to go against fansub more generally.
In the end they will loose money, a lot of ppl out of japan buy animes once they're licensed in their country, and that because they liked the fansubs. That would be quite a shame, japanese animation is going through a lot of troubles but their will not solve that by making it inaccessible to other countries. Well, we're not there yet ^^. ( sorry for my english )
To DarkVirus, it says the OVA, yeah the serie and the movie were already licensed.

that really is idiotic imo. fansubs are the single main way of getting people in the US to actually go out and buy the show after they have "seen" it. this of course is only talking about shows that arent shown on like cartoon network. for example, a show like School Rumble or Genshiken if ever licensed in the US will only be known to those that have seen fansubs of it. i really dont get it, so basically they want us to go out and buy unsubbed japanese R3 discs? why even have regions then. well... congratulations to them for fucking themselves over in the american market.

zephiris26

zephiris26

Vector Addict [TM]

Quote by GaiJiNWow ! What a shock, that a Japanese anime studio feels the need to do that. That's the first time, isn't it ? Let's hope that will not become a larger problem, because if I respect licensed animes, it's stupid to go against fansub more generally.
In the end they will loose money, a lot of ppl out of japan buy animes once they're licensed in their country, and that because they liked the fansubs. That would be quite a shame, japanese animation is going through a lot of troubles but their will not solve that by making it inaccessible to other countries. Well, we're not there yet ^^. ( sorry for my english )
To DarkVirus, it says the OVA, yeah the serie and the movie were already licensed.

No, Kodansha threatened some manga translation group before (around 8 months ago) and nothing happened XD

Quote by crapmonsterthat really is idiotic imo. fansubs are the single main way of getting people in the US to actually go out and buy the show after they have "seen" it. this of course is only talking about shows that arent shown on like cartoon network. for example, a show like School Rumble or Genshiken if ever licensed in the US will only be known to those that have seen fansubs of it. i really dont get it, so basically they want us to go out and buy unsubbed japanese R3 discs? why even have regions then. well... congratulations to them for fucking themselves over in the american market.

I agree with crapmonster. Fansubs are what interest the fans in certain anime titles in the first place, and american anime sales would decrease drastically if no one knew what the hell these titles were about ^_^' When I download fansubs, I actually gather some of the precious little money I have and go out and buy the american release DVDs. If I don't know what a series is about, I'm not gonna buy it. Especially if I have to wait for 6 years for it to be licensed :\

Sir-Boingal0t

Sir-Boingal0t

BOINGATR0N

if u guys buy anime dvds......they always have upcoming anime previews......
......so does anime magazines, they usually come wit dvds filled wit previews

I really cant disagree with these guys......
cuz.....the number of ppl out there who download anime.......and then buy the dvd's later are dwarfed by the number of ppl who download anime......watch it.......and then download another one.

Signature Image
DigiTalBoing XD boingoingoingoingoingoingoingoingoingo
ingoingoingoingoingoingoingoingoingoingoingoingoingoing

That makes me sad, I can understand why they would be bothered, but it isn't effecting the sales in Japan? but could it effect the price the American companies pay because alot of people don't buy DVDs because they can get them for free *thinks* i heard once that the Japanese companies charge insane amounts for licenseing because they don't really want anime over here, which is why it costs so much to buy. But I don't know if that is true, but if it is that might be why the Japanese companies are starting to attack fansubbers, because they really don't want us to have the anime...*sighs* who knows...I'm sad

When it comes down to it, we are all at the mercy of idiots.

Anime trade? PM for list ^^

Kei-kun

Kei-kun

Loving Mizuho

Actually I'm not surprised at all. I read this way before Nuriko posted it up.
I feel Media Factory is doing the right thing. Fansubs do violate the WTO code. They are technically illegal. AnimeSuki however, are not violating anything as they're only giving links, but Media Factory sees this a violation because AnimeSuki is helping the distribution of illegal anime. I think this is right.
I don't care if this means: "Oh no! No more anime previewing before I buy!" or
"Darn, soon they'll stop other anime and I won't be able to get my free anime!".
I don't care about that.
People are just sad to hear this, because all they do is just download anime and have no money or access in purchasing the REAL thing for themselves. Well that's life, you need money to make a living.

However, Media Factory aren't going to reduce this illegal works going around, because they have to deal with the many fansubbing groups out there directly.
I say Media Factory are one of the first companies in which are thinking straight and are finally taking act for once.
I think other companies like ADV, Bandai, Genco, etc. should follow this. Force the anime industry to only consist of licensed anime, revive a healthy industry again.
I believe in the concept: "You don't buy anime, anime producers stop making anime"

Simple as that.

Actually, I'm going to have to agree with MFI on this one. My first introduction to fansubs was when I joined my uni's anime club, which does some showings of fansubs (mostly series that haven't been licensed yet in the states). Before that, I'd always learned of series by renting what was available in R1, and then buying series I liked. (And with places like netflix, now, pretty much anyone can rent anime.)

What I learned, that really surprised me, is that most of the people in this club were downloading huge amounts of high quality fansubs, with little intention of ever buying the actual series... the usual excuse of "eh, i'm a college student so i have no money..." comes to mind. My personal anime collection has cost me at least a thousand dollars, and I can definitely say it took me a great many years to earn and amass that money. And yet, I realized people in the fansub community are getting much of the same anime I am (plus stuff that hasn't even come out yet) for free. Sure, SOME actually buy the series when its released... but 99% don't. (This could be biased just cuz it's college students, but I'd say that makes up a huge percent of the fansubbing demographic anyway...)

So what's the end result? Even if you live by the "remove it onces it's licensed" code of laws, the anime companies still lose money. What is inherently paradoxical about the code is that the people who are MOST likely to spend their money on anime are usually the early adopters, who've already downloaded it, hence removing it after it's been licensed does next to nothing. And, if my uni's anime club (which is pretty ethical, from what I understand, compared to other schools...) is any model for the rest of the world, the anime companies are getting screwed. Their paying licensing fees for series, whose hard-core fans already own digital copies on their laptop or computer.

Also, I don't recommend fighting this. The advice about hyperlinking is inaccurate... the court case in which hyperlinking/deeplinking has always been ruled as NOT a violation of copyright, were cases in which the linking was to the original copyrighted source. AnimeSuki is not linking to copyrighted versions of these works, they're copyrighting to pirated versions. Hence, the law would see you as an accomplice to copyright violation... also, don't try that "fair use" bullcrap... that only applies if you can demonstrate that your actions have definite educational value AND you are not de-valuing the copyrighted works in question (which as my above arguments have just shown, is NOT the case). Anyway, you need to meet at least both those requirements for a fair use argument.

Furthermore, I do not think it would be hard for even a Japanese company to take action against you, if you did choose to ignore them. The US has signed the Bern convention along with numerous other countries, including Japan. The purpose of this act was to facilitate the enforcement of copyright law worldwide... Japan doesn't allow Japanese people to, say, sell ripped copies of the latest Harry Potter film (unlike China, who didn't sign the Bern convention) . This is in the interest of American film studios. Japan also expects the same of the US, however... if Japanese companies are losing money b/c of actions of US citizens, the US courts will also do their part. And an American court doesn't need to prove you guilty to close down your website... you'll be summoned for a injunction hearing. If the court doesn't think you have a solid chance of winning the case (which I would agree with them) then they'll simply file an injunction, forcing you to close the site down, until you prove your innocence... so, yea, unlike prison sentences, its the opposite of "innocent until proven guilty" when it comes to copyright cases... -_-

If you'd like any other advice, please feel free to contact me. I study economic/antitrust law at my uni, with focus on IP (intelluctual property law), so I'm always glad to help ;p It's unfortunate that a very useful service like fansubbing has come under attack, but the people we should really be blaming are not the anime companies in japan (which already face dwindling budgets each year) but the unethical fansub downloaders out there, who have taken advantage of the situation.

AgentWax

8th Dan, Hentai-ryu Kenpo

Quote by nullnull

Quote by finiteyodaWhat I learned, that really surprised me, is that most of the people in this club were downloading huge amounts of high quality fansubs, with little intention of ever buying the actual series... the usual excuse of "eh, i'm a college student so i have no money..." comes to mind. My personal anime collection has cost me at least a thousand dollars, and I can definitely say it took me a great many years to earn and amass that money. And yet, I realized people in the fansub community are getting much of the same anime I am (plus stuff that hasn't even come out yet) for free. Sure, SOME actually buy the series when its released... but 99% don't. (This could be biased just cuz it's college students, but I'd say that makes up a huge percent of the fansubbing demographic anyway...)

I agree most heartedly. The lure of fansubs and scanlations has always been, and will always be, that downloaders can get their anime without paying anything. The people who actually use fansubs to gauge whether a series is any good before purchasing the legit copies are too few. Most are just stealing. And what's worse is that many of these people can actually afford the odd series of anime or manga here and there, but are just too self-centred to spend money on what they can get for free, ethics be damned.

I am most certainly not against fansubs and scanlations, but anime fans need to realise that fansubs truly are, either direcly or indirectly, screwing the anime or manga companies and the creators who labored to produce these products, crap or otherwise. Making use of excuses like, "But it won't be licensed for a long time" is just attempting to sidestep the real issue. Especially if you can get legal access to the untranslated products via internet shopping.

Silenius

Silenius

S.T.A.R.S. Member

I don't know what to say, they can't attack AnimeSuki like this, this is stupid!

Quote by MercyOfIdiotsi heard once that the Japanese
companies charge insane amounts for licenseing because they don't
really want anime over here, which is why it costs so much to buy. But
I don't know if that is true, but if it is that might be why the
Japanese companies are starting to attack fansubbers, because they
really don't want us to have the anime...*sighs* who knows...I'm sad

What I don't get about that argument is this: in Japan, an anime DVD costs about $30-50, and only has maybe 2-4 episodes. (Let's not forget special edition DVD's, like Appleseed, which cost $100 for a TWO hour movie!!!)
In America, that same anime DVD will have 4-6 episodes, and cost $20-$30. As we all know, however, on the Internet, that same DVD will cost only about $10-$20.

So if Japan is charging insane licensing fees to keep anime from selling in the us... then, ummm... maybe they're not doing a very good job.

yieloon

yieloon

#1 Slacker

I am only worried that fansub group will stop fansubbing the series. I am only watching genshiken, school rumble and knm... If the group stop doing the series i am gona be sad. There are plenty of site like animesuki so i am not too worried about it getting listed off from animesuki.

Sure fansubs are illegal, but without fansub a lot of ppl arent gonna be able to watch it, sure its a privilege but i seriously think fansub do more good than harms.

Signature

They say that god arranged relationships, but men created separation.

nekkibasara1213

FCB Forever

I am one of those people that watches fansubs to gauge whether or not I will purchase the show when it is liscensed. However most of my friends who DL anime do not purchase legit copies of it. Some recent examples of shows that I have bought R1 dvds of after watching the fansubs: Kiddy Grade, Rahxephon, Full Metal Panic, Tsukihime, Texhnolyze, etc.

I am not to worried about this threat from media works, because fansubs will always be arround. I started watching fansubs when you had to get copies of them on VHS, so if we have to work a little harder (IE searching arround a little more) for fansubs it wont be that big of a deal. Really the size of the fansubing comunity has become absurdly large and it is no real surprise that we are seeing Japanese companies go after fansuber's and their distributers.

Signature Image
Bomber! A sound more powerful than missiles.

Ay-chama

Ay-chama

lil grass shack

i thought those series got licensed... interesting.

i can understand it sorta... but what i dont get is how do fansubs affect them if a series isnt licensed, they just seem to be losing market value (im no bussiness major so shoot me if the term is wrong). the US is also one of the reasons why naruto is a popular as it is, even my friend who know practically jack squat about anime knew the main character and the girl tranformation he does. i mean 90% (meybe less) arent about to buy r2 dvds just to watch their fav series. especially if a majority of them cant understand japanese to begin with (or even play r2s, unless region frees are alot more common than i think it is). then again, theres always HKs but thats for another topic.

its not like this will stop fansubbers either way... well certain groups.

slide...

yieloon

yieloon

#1 Slacker

Ppl in japan will download it and ignore the subtitle. Thus the sales of the dvd in japan will drop. Its is not about the North America market here since it is a japanese company.

Sadly, if fansubber were to really die, I am gonna have to support HK bootleg, there is just no way i can import R1 stuff.

Signature

They say that god arranged relationships, but men created separation.

Kei-kun

Kei-kun

Loving Mizuho

Quote by finiteyodaIf you'd like any other advice, please feel free to contact me. I study economic/antitrust law at my uni, with focus on IP (intelluctual property law), so I'm always glad to help ;p It's unfortunate that a very useful service like fansubbing has come under attack, but the people we should really be blaming are not the anime companies in japan (which already face dwindling budgets each year) but the unethical fansub downloaders out there, who have taken advantage of the situation.

Jeez, what are you thinking?
You're saying that the blame should be put on the fansub downloaders. Erm... please think straight. If there wasn't any fansubbing group then there wouldn't be any fansub downloader. You're blaming the effect rather than the cause. There is no "chicken or the egg" puzzle here.

It's straight and simple: the fansubbing groups made the the fansub downloaders.

It's obvious that many people here, are certainly for and supporting fansubbing groups even though they say that fansubbing is wrong. They're just saying that because it's the ethical and right thing to say. I doubt that anyone here who says fansubbing is wrong actually doesn't download anime for themselves (that includes me).

If you think about it. If there weren't any fansubbing group to begin with, there would be just a healthy anime industry whereby people get their anime through the licensing. Sure, people would say that: it'll TAKE AGES FOR THE DVD TO COME OUT!
Well they're just saying that because they have a different source to compare to, i.e. fansubs which releases weeks after the airing in Japan. But there were no fansubbing, then there would be no argument about waiting to watch anime.

Certainly, nearly all people here, will say that fansubbing is wrong. Well, I'm sure that they can say that, it's the right thing to say. They aren't worrying about it this much, because this is only one attack. Because they know that fansubbing will be around for quite some time. However, if all fansubbing groups and leechers were persecute to stop illegal distribution, then everyone will be sad except for those who only buy anime DVDs.
Sure this will apply to music and software as well.

But surely, finiteyoda, we shouldn't only blame the fansub downloaders, we should really be putting the blame on the source of this, i.e. the fansubbing groups. They started it all. I'd asy shut them down once and for all.
If they did, then I wouldn't mind at all, because I know how to support the industry. I wouldn't mind if they took down all of the fansubbing groups, because I know that they'll license the anime sooner or later in the USA and/or the UK. I'm not like the regular leecher, who uses their concept of using fansubs as "previews" to determine whether it's going to be a good purchase or not. I believe those people just use their concept of "previewing" as an excuse to download it in the first place and burn it/keep it on CD-R or DVD-R.

Yeah, who cares. I know that a lot of people who be sad and crying about not being able to watch their faovirte anime series anymore. Yeah, tough for them. They'll just have to watch anime on TV. Yes, TV. Or go buy the DVDs from their anime store or online. Or get their parents to get anime for them if they're too young (indeed, not all can do this but it's still a way to acquire anime).
You people in the US should know better how much more anime you have there on your TV. Over here in the UK and other countries worldwide has next to none. Yeah sure, you people might say: "No way! I refuse to watch those crappy dubs on TV!"
Well you're only saying this because 99% of anime the you've been watching are all fansubs and thus you've grown into the habit of only watching in Japanese with the "so-called-accurate" fansubbing.
Yes, that's how it should be. Watch it on TV or rent it if you can't buy it. When you're older then buy it on DVD and then you'll be able to watch both English and Japanese versions.

Stick with it. It's for a better anime industry and economy.

And if it makes it any worse, I've already suggested to Bandai to do the same; to take act and follow what Media Factory has done, but on a wider scale. I.e. target those fansubbing groups.

Avlor

Avlor

Ditzy Kitsune

This truely makes me sad. I buy the manga and the anime as I can afford it - some US versions, some Japanese versions. I "use" the fansubs as a preview and a nice way to pick up on more Japanese phrases.

But I do have a major gripe against the stuff released here in the US. They tend to "Americanize" series they do. They add swear words and explain things that weren't in the originals. For the most part I prefer fansubs - because I find them often truer to the culture they come from. If more US anime and manga stayed truer to the originals, then I would likely sink more of my money into the US stuff.

Signature

I find the situation rather interesting myself. I for one, am one of those people that buy a great deal of anime (in the thousands). I buy the ones that I like because I've watched them. Would I buy more anime if I couldn't watch them first? No. I'd buy less. Is it right? No. But that's just me. I also don't buy "every" series I watch either. It's either worth buying or not. Again... Not the "right" thing to do, but I'm just being honest. I guess I don't see the issue as being very black and white though. Yes the fansubbing groups and fansubbers have "caused" this supposed problem... but they have also been responsible for propelling the anime industry with great leaps and bounds in North America and that should count for something. Now when the industry is reaching its peak, they want to "do away" with the evil fansubbers and fansub downloaders... Is it their right to do so? Yes. But that also doesn't make it "the right thing to do". It's also no secret that many NA companies use the fansub community to guage what shows are "hits" and which might be "misses" and decide which to go after for licensing. As with so many other things in "human nature" people will use eachother for their own gain and I don't think it's any different here. Right or Wrong, Black or White I just don't think it's that simple of a matter. I can see both positives and negatives to this decision, and one can only hope the positives will outweigh in the end.

Kei-kun

Kei-kun

Loving Mizuho

Quote by AvlorThis truely makes me sad. I buy the manga and the anime as I can afford it - some US versions, some Japanese versions. I "use" the fansubs as a preview and a nice way to pick up on more Japanese phrases.
But I do have a major gripe against the stuff released here in the US. They tend to "Americanize" series they do. They add swear words and explain things that weren't in the originals. For the most part I prefer fansubs - because I find them often truer to the culture they come from. If more US anime and manga stayed truer to the originals, then I would likely sink more of my money into the US stuff.

Hahaha, now this is where you are wrong. Avlor are you Japanese, or do you know Japanese?
I suppose not because you watch fansubs. You say that the US releases add swear words to the anime. Well that's where you are wrong. In fact the US releases do not add swear words, the fansubs DO. They put stuff like sh*t, b*st*rd and f*ck and others like crap into the anime more often than not. I tell ya it's true. It's just that you haven't really had the chance to compare because you only watch fansubs.
Also, you say that the fansubs remain "truer" to the original. Well, since you're not Japanese or are fluent in Japanese, how do you know? Do you know Japanese, so that the translations are accurate?
I tell ya, the fansubs also sort of "Americanize" anime. They take sentences and phrases and try to fit them into the current teenage social style, for example translations like:
Lemme lemme see! (When the true intention may be: Oh, let me have a look)
Sh*t gotta go now! (Sorry, I've got to leave now!)
Well, what do y'know? (Well, what do have here?)
Yea yea yea... (Yes I understand)

You can't really say that fansubs remain "truer" to the original, because you'd have to know Japanese in order to compare.

Quote by AvlorI "use" the fansubs as a preview.

Sure, I think you're saying "use" in a light way there. I think you're simply using the preview reason as an excuse to download anime in the first place. When you simply download and keep for yourself. I bet my bottom dollar that you haven't deleted any anime once you downloaded and watched it. I bet you haven't even got the guts to delete anime you've downloaded. Preview means to watch once and then discard. Not watch and then keep/archive. Am I right?... Guess I am.

Quote by Avlora nice way to pick up on more Japanese phrases.

Yeah, you could also do that when you watch the official DVDs which ALSO have subtitles (just reminding you there).

You just don't know better.

You guys are lucky in the US, because even if you have to wait, you get licensed anime, in my country that doesn't exist - period. So fansubs are actually the only way in which we can watch anime, unless it's on tv (which happens only every once in a while). We can't but imported dvds because of the zone restrictions...so....we're pretty much screwed if this goes on. I wish I could buy original dvd's, and I would if they were available, but since here nobody seems to think it's worth it to manufacture them....well...I guess I (and a lot of other people) will just have to find another hobby...(sigh)

I didn't lose my mind, it was mine to give away...

CyanideBlizzard

Retired Moderator

CyanideBlizzard

Margarita Time!

hehe, I heard about that on IRC and was quite shocked to say the least. Overall its good to see that anime companies are actually aware of this going on, the bad thing is that if other companies decided to get involved alot of legit sites will go down and alot of legit fansubbing groups will stop too (of course theres always going to be a group that'll sub things) .

i was personally speechless when I found out this news and was relatively shocked as well. Though I suppose this was bound to happen sooner or later and now it might be only a matter of time before others began to follow. I suppose we can just enjoy what we can out of the fansubbing community while we can. ='( Then I go back to buying a unrealistic amount of anime once again.

To Kei-kun : Its great to see someone so active about this and I respect your opinion, but let people be. I suggest calming down as well because getting hostile won't solve anything. I won't disagree with you since I buy my anime and I understand your reasoning....but lets do it in a bit more of a calm-down approach.

Signature Image

page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Next » 84 total items

Back to General Anime & Manga Talk | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.