Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Removal of Media Factory Inc. Works @ AnimeSuki.com - Minitokyo

Removal of Media Factory Inc. Works @ AnimeSuki.com

page 3 of 4 « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next » 84 total items

Kei-kun

Kei-kun

Loving Mizuho

Quote by Ay-chamai suppose you havent bought a series that you thought you wasted money on. (i have... it really sucks to get those). im only saying that you cant hit the mark everytime, you get the "meh" and the "crap..." purchases (fansubs for one saved me alot of money here, i'd have a mahoro dvd coaster if not). dont get me wrong, im glad to see more anime in the US, beats the old days of the ADV video tapes with only eva, nadesico and some random title as previews. however, id rather not support an anime at all, then support a title i dont like (basically im going by: dont like it, then dont buy it). sure you might say, it can lead to them bringing better stuff over, but, it can also mean bringing over more rubbish. i cant just blindly follow anime like that, IMO im not being much of a "fan" that way. *no this isnt directed at you, or anyone else for that matter*

I wasn't angry. I'm just getting into this discussion. Thought is good for the mind. :)
Yeah I actually agree with you there, very much indeed. I respect that view.

Quote by Ay-chamaand yea, i know about the anime channels.

Heheheh, in fact I don't have any anime channel over here in my country. I live in the UK (in England). And the anime I mentioned which I watched on TV were from a Sci-Fi channel which during one time was putting on several anime series and films, but now they've stopped and all they show now are regular live action and sci-fi programmes.
So, I've no anime channel here. No Anime Network. The only anime I have here are anime from Cartoon Network, which I don't watch.

I've been very healthy with just buying anime on DVD without any sort of preview. But now like everyone is doing, I'm downloading some anime. But those anime which I download I'm sure I'm going to buy. There a lot of people around the world who just download every anime that's available for "free" online. They take what's there and leave. Well for me, I only download those which interests me (mainly romance/comedy/drama).
And like everyone else, I've been taking advantage of fansubs and illegal rips too (I'm not afraid to admit it). But if they were around, I actually wouldn't mind just buying anime DVDs like I always do and still am. Because those fansubs just haven't affected me that much in anime purchasing.
Many support the fansub community because they've been heavily dependent and reliant on them when watching and finding good anime to buy. Therefore when the fansub community goes *poof*, everybody goes sad and dissapointed. :)

Btw, is your avatar with a girl eating Pocky? That character sure looks familiar.

Ay-chama

Ay-chama

lil grass shack

they had those on scifi? only really remember crest of the stars and some others.

i agree with you on sticking with what you know you'll like (some of the duds i hit werent). although it not that you'll like them all of course. you do have to branch out every now and then on the other hand (drama/romance is good, but i also like to see a good scifi or action).

i get the feeling that without fansubs though, certain shows wouldnt have been as popular as they were/are. azumanga for instance. im not sure what type of coverage it got in newtype or any other mags/sites. sure theres the manga (not that it isnt great), but they need to get past the cover first (nothing against the drawings of course).

although i dont think ppl will start to go out to buy the DVDs if they didnt buy the releases of the shows they knew (and liked) in the first place. they'll prolly stick with tv for their fixes.

oh and my av is Mai from Kanon. and those are supposed to be chop sticks.

slide...

Kei-kun

Kei-kun

Loving Mizuho

Quote by Ay-chamathey had those on scifi? only really remember crest of the stars and some others.

Did you (or do you) Sci-Fi Channel over there in your country (Hawaii)? I don't remember Crest Of The Stars. As I said before, I live the UK (not usa). I've nothing here, no anime.
Mostly every anime I get are from DVDs (excluding downloads).

Quote by Ay-chamai agree with you on sticking with what you know you'll like (some of the duds i hit werent). although it not that you'll like them all of course. you do have to branch out every now and then on the other hand (drama/romance is good, but i also like to see a good scifi or action

Yeah my main genre is romance/drama and comedy, but I still enjoy other genres like action. Mainly I stick to romance, but I really enjoy sci-fi, action, thriller, etc.
My favorite action is Read Or Die (ova). Stuff like Black Jack and Perfect Blue is also within my likes, I enjoy a good mixture of all anime genres. :)
It's just that I simply can't get enough of romance. Well actually, to be more specific I like melancholy romance anime. T_T

i do suppose that fansubs do help out in selection every now and then. Perhaps they're not as vital for me but are vital for the majority of anime fans.

Ay-chama

Ay-chama

lil grass shack

yea, we do. we get sci-fi, CN, WB and fox. CoTS was on earlier this year i think... forget. if i remeber correctly it was part of some special anime thing they were doing(i think it was around the same time CN was doing that mecha week). ANN is bound to have that in their archives.
if i remeber correctly they used to also show anime in the mornings long ago as well (fatal fury was one i think).

dont get me wrong, its good to see anime appear more and more, i just dont really watch them (not my shows, what can i say).

slide...

artgeek12

artgeek12

the curious Art Fox

This is one of those catch-22 topics. Both sides have strong points that are correct yet have flaws. On one side we have the subbers who feel they are doing nothing wrong. Being technical, they are. They are distributing a "product" without the consent of the owner. Profit or not, they are giving away what isn't theirs. however to say that they are negatively affecting the anime industry or are taking away revenue from producers is off as well. It would be like me recording a TV broadcast and sharing that tape with friends. That has never been illegal. Neither has sharing your CD with your friends and they recording it. Ok, it may be illegal under the distribution laws but 1) you can't stop it, EVER and 2) it only spreads word of the product actually leading to more popularity and ultimately more profit. That's how underground bands make it big!

Creators that try to stamp out creative individuals that create fansubs are basically shooting themselves in the foot. I understand that they spend lots of money and time to create something of value and that in their eyes, the subbers may be stealing and taking credit but many subbers hold the creators in high regards and respect their work very much. Many subbers are also humble in the fact they always give credit to the creators. The quality of fansubs (nowdays) are far superior to many anime that I have bought. Not only are the translations more accurate (due to what generation the translator was born in) but they even include notes for people that may have trouble understanding certain things. I think this shows that passion that we otaku have for anime. We see that crap some studios put out and decided that rather than complain, to create something better and the fansubbers have. I love all of them for their dedication to their passion which is more than most studios can say. Now, it all boils down to money. Money for the studios both Japanese and American. Not so much the Japanese because here in the US, we are capitalists till the end!

The US licensing sucks! They take forever to come out with series. If they have a series, they should release them in a more rythmic manner because the current way is far too sporatic. They only buy certain parts at a time, they hire bad voice actors and when they do have a series they sometimes rush TOO much and sacrifice quality. Many series we love do become licensed for our viewing pleasure but there are many more that don't come outside Japan because the subject matter wouldn't make sense (Genshiken). Inuyasha and Cowboy Bebop are some of a few exceptions but even Inuyasha is killing fans. They realease large chunks of the series and then leave fans hanging for almost a year! >=0000000~~~~~!!!!!!!!

i can understand your position Nuriko. You are only trying to provide a "convenience" for anime fans and for that we thank you. You should protect yourself first because despite what any studio wants to happen, they can't kill the soul and spirit of an otaku. :D People will continue to fight the good fight and studios will continue to try and protect their goods. It's a contant flux that cannot and will not ever end. One cannot exist without the other. I understand both sides but i "choose" to side with the fansubber as that is where my heart lies.

Artgeek12 - Proud member of NewWaveProject!
Signature
Organizer of the Olympiad Project, where everyone one is needed and welcome!

Kei-kun

Kei-kun

Loving Mizuho

Quote by artgeek12The US licensing sucks! They take forever to come out with series. If they have a series, they should release them in a more rythmic manner because the current way is far too sporatic. They only buy certain parts at a time, they hire bad voice actors and when they do have a series they sometimes rush TOO much and sacrifice quality. Many series we love do become licensed for our viewing pleasure but there are many more that don't come outside Japan because the subject matter wouldn't make sense (Genshiken). Inuyasha and Cowboy Bebop are some of a few exceptions but even Inuyasha is killing fans. They realease large chunks of the series and then leave fans hanging for almost a year!

Well well, we have a prime example of someone who dislikes the US releases. This is exactly why the majority of anime fans only download and not buy, or download mostly and buy few anime. You know why?
It's because of fansubbing.
For many many years, people have been watching anime with the source of fansubs, and of course fansubs only hold the Japanese soundtrack with custom subtitles. Everyone just watches anime in the Japanese language. Therefore they just take this and even archive it, keep it and watch it later. More and more fansubs come out and people watch those. They don't even think about the US releases that will arrive later. They're continuously exposed to JUST the Japanese language, thus they wouldn't want a different language because they've got what they want.
What's the need to buy the DVD release when the fansub has quality par to that of DVD? You only buy the DVD for the casing, menu, extras, and a useless English dub.

Therefore, due to the existence of fansubs, there has been a huge increase in the majority of anime fans which only favor the Japanese soundtrack (not saying that the Japanese soundtrack is bad or anything).
Fansubs are the source and cause to why people say:
"Dubs suck, US licensors suck, DVDs are priced too high!"

That's because they've little exposure to them, they've grown into the habit of only fansubs.
This is truly degrading the anime industry (we all should know that in general). Thus over 70% of anime fans have no respect for the US licensors/companies and seiyuu at all.

Quote by artgeek12i can understand your position Nuriko. You are only trying to provide a "convenience" for anime fans and for that we thank you. You should protect yourself first because despite what any studio wants to happen, they can't kill the soul and spirit of an otaku. People will continue to fight the good fight and studios will continue to try and protect their goods. It's a contant flux that cannot and will not ever end. One cannot exist without the other. I understand both sides but i "choose" to side with the fansubber as that is where my heart lies.

Actually this thread wasn't originally documented by Nuriko. Nuriko simply took the news from AnimeSuki. She's just a by-stander like we all are.

Quote by artgeek12You should protect yourself first because despite what any studio wants to happen, they can't kill the soul and spirit of an otaku.

In fact I think being an otaku is more than what you think.

I think being an otaku is really watching and buying a lot of anime DVDs, CDs, Manga, and other merchandise; know about the English and/or Japanese seiyuu well; familiar with the English and Japanese production staff; familiar with the English and Japanese studios/licensors etc.; and perhaps visit anime conventions (where/when available).

Do you think you're an otaku (a real hardcore anime fan)? Or even that the majority of anime viewers are otakus? I don't think so. Most of them are just regular anime fans or "ocassional anime fans" who just watch anime (from downloads) and don't pay much attention to the seiyuu, producers and studios behind the works.

Another definition of otaku is where one has no social/love life, only watching anime/manga most of the time, and only having a social community within/about anime.

I'm mumbled on too much, and quite irrelevant. Gomen nasai.

artgeek12

artgeek12

the curious Art Fox

Rambling is OK as long as you have something intelligent to say. OR as long as you can support your argument.

And you are right. The primary reason I haven't bought anime (lately) is because of fansubbing. The reason, however is not because it's free (although that is a nice bonus). I just feel I should be getting my moneys worth when I shell out hundreds of dollars on a few DVDs. The anime I have bought, I did so because the anime itself was good, the translation was good (according to first and second generation japanese tomodachi) and because the design of the set was good. Personally, i don't feel like spending my money in a way that makes me feel as if i am wasting my money. When I bought the Ranma 1/2 series (one of my first) a long time ago, I new the dubs were only OK if not pretty decent but I did through US stores because their designs were good and you could tell that they tried hard to be conscious of what the fan wanted.

i first read about this through ASuki but by reading the first post on the thread I thought the whole thing was directed at Nuriko so "gomen" on my part for the misunderstanding. Sorry for the otaku thing too. I realize "otaku" is actually an extreme word. It's as far to one side of the spectrum as you can get. I am pretty close (although I try not to sacrifice my social life...like that helps ^_^' ) I certainly buy tons of artbooks, music CD (damn, they are addictive too!) and I am familiar with certain seiyuu (but only the ones I like). I base what I watch by what studio produced it and I read my manga by their past works as well as who they were an assistant too (when applicable). I have yet to go to the conventions here because I always end up broke (down to the last $5) when that time comes around. That's not really an excuse (although it sounds like one, ne?). I refuse to let that me my exc...I mean reason this year... ^_^'

I'd like to say this as my ending comment. Although we may have different points of views and opinions on things, at least I can respect what you say Kei-kun because you can formulate intelligent and complete sentences that communicate your thoughts. That's about it......oh yeah...and I'm right! XP hehe, j/k

Artgeek12 - Proud member of NewWaveProject!
Signature
Organizer of the Olympiad Project, where everyone one is needed and welcome!

that was interesting
I am not living in US and speak english but not perfecly but I look at fansub in english because in france there is only one anime channel with old anime serie for kid so fansub is the only way to see new serie befor we can get it on DVD and for scanlation there other thing to say if we wait for official release we have to wait for two or three year and it's too long for me

hmm.. i kno i said i was done posting in this thread, but i just wanna ask a question. kei-kun, what are you trying to prove, or convince people of? I don't mean that in a rude way, its just you've posted an *awful* lot to this thread, and if I read thru your posts, they sorta take meandering detours, to convince anyone else who posts that they should stop downloading fansubs and buy r1 releases. Is this your goal? Or did I miss something...?

In my previous posts, I wasn't addressing you in particular, but looking back on this thread, you've made a lotta lotta comments... if you clarify what it is you're trying to argue, maybe i and the other people on this forum could better respond...

In other words, could you distill the essence of your argument into a single succint post?

DarkWulf

DarkWulf

Gechuu! RABU RABU!

Quote by benlepyroI am not living in US and speak english but not perfecly but I look at fansub in english because in france there is only one anime channel with old anime serie for kid so fansub is the only way to see new serie befor we can get it on DVD and for scanlation there other thing to say if we wait for official release we have to wait for two or three year and it's too long for me

From a legal standpoint though, just because a company hasn't given you the opportunity to buy something where you live doesn't give you the right to "steal" it. (Mind you, I also download fansubs...) When you get down to it, fansubs are illegal, and we're all on shaky ground. Its sort of like pirating music, really, except that the anime industry isn't as agressively pursuing fansubbing...

Signature

Ay-chama

Ay-chama

lil grass shack

Quote by artgeek12The US licensing sucks! They take forever to come out with series. If they have a series, they should release them in a more rythmic manner because the current way is far too sporatic.

i have to disagree here. i think the US releases are fine. whats it, 2 months or so? thats about right considering each DVD costs about $30 US. on a series which runs from about 4-8 DVDs spending that much in a matter of weeks (not months), thats insane. this way, you spend and have time to save on the next one (and buy other anime things like manga).
and for those who'll say boxset:
i like that idea of buying the first ep with an empty box and buying the other DVDs rather than buying the entire boxset as one. this way, if you dont like the show, your not as screwed with a bad puschase. i know ppl who bought HKs and ended up hating the show they bought.

also, they've gotten pretty fast in the recent year (even adv). stellvia was only licensed in summer (i think. but its a 03-04 anime) and now its on DVD. sure some titles still havent seen daylight yet, but more and more series have.

slide...

Kei-kun

Kei-kun

Loving Mizuho

Quote by finiteyodahmm.. i kno i said i was done posting in this thread, but i just wanna ask a question. kei-kun, what are you trying to prove, or convince people of? I don't mean that in a rude way, its just you've posted an *awful* lot to this thread, and if I read thru your posts, they sorta take meandering detours, to convince anyone else who posts that they should stop downloading fansubs and buy r1 releases. Is this your goal? Or did I miss something...?
In my previous posts, I wasn't addressing you in particular, but looking back on this thread, you've made a lotta lotta comments... if you clarify what it is you're trying to argue, maybe i and the other people on this forum could better respond...
In other words, could you distill the essence of your argument into a single succint post?

Yes of course. Simple, yes I am trying to influence people. Yup that's me. Not being sarcastic here. Yeah, I see people quite ignorant of the anime industry now. Most of them are unaware of the damage they're causing. Fansubs are essentially illegal.
However, many have defended the existence of fansubs pretty well with the lame preview excuse, and that it gives an opportunity for a wider expansion of anime worldwide.
It's true that people say that fansubs are basically equivalent to someone going to Japan and recording a show on VHS and then taking it back to another country for viewing. Yes that is really true. But this distribution is major here. It's worldwide and everyone is exchanging these programmes on the net at over a trillion terrabytes per second, it's getting around quick and at low cost. So it's much more than taking a recorded VHS to another country.

I also see fansubs are the reason why the majority of anime fans dislike english dubs. Don't ask me to explain because you know it's posted above.

Yes, I have to admit I see the majority of anime fans or lesser-fans, quite arrogant and ignorant when they watch anime. Most don't really take into account of the studios, producers, cast, licensors, merchandise, etc. They simply watch.
Sure many would see me as perhaps cruel, critical, and judgemental here. But hey, this is who I am.
I'd like to see more of a healthy majority of anime fans, who can admire anime in its natural and true form. Well perhaps more specifically, watching it like a true fan, like taking into account of the makers, studios, casts, purchasing official merchandise (DVDs, CDs artbooks), etc.

From a lot of statistics I've seen around the net, over 80% of 3300 anime viewers download anime. True that this number may be biased, because it's taking a survey of only internet users, so those who haven't internet wouldn't be included. And that others may obtain their anime from their friends' downloads archived on CD and DVD. It's clear that there is a major skew towards downloading anime.

Yes, I do agree with you that I can't change anybody's views (if any), because they're not going to stop downloading something that's "free"!
I don't have the power to influence anyone here, but I'd like to comment because it's a brain teaser, and it helps stimulate the mind.

So in the end, what I'm trying to say is to have more people buy the DVDs, watch english dubbed (if not more) anime, know about the background of the production of the anime, at least have some stable balance of downloading and purchases (if not more or all purchases).

All for a better anime industry. (Yes, I have taken into account of all the defense in this thread, i.e. previews, wider anime expansion, free, acquiring early, etc.)

So there. That's pretty much it.

And I do sincerely apologise for my behavior. Sometimes I do act rather hostile when putting across my opinions and facts. Please don't hate me. >_<

cripes! either people here are really into this or have way too much free time on their hands! each reply is lika mini essay
and no i did not read all of them (read the whole thing? you've got to be kidding right?)
Anyway, if all these download websites shut down then there's nothiing we can really do about it, we'll just have to buy the anime instead, plain and simple. I don't download animes myself anyway, maybe i will one when i finally figure out how to do it and stop the video from skipping all the time!

Ay-chama

Ay-chama

lil grass shack

your wrong,
stopping bittorrent wont do anything (u said websites, and this began because of torrents). if any, that'll just force them to go back to their roots... so to speak. anyone whos been downloading from the days of rms and meybe early divx would know what this means (or one of the ways at least). bittorrent just made ppl lazy if anything (me included ^_^' ). its just an easier and faster way of getting things afterall.

slide...

Loki916

Loki916

Lazy Bastard

I kinda read comments concerning this matter in wannabefansubs.net and most of the people there are pretty mad saying things like "f*** off!" and stuff. And really, why did MF mail animesuki when they could have mailed it to the ones clearly responsible to these acts (well now they did mail wannabe, i think). Well, to me this is utter nonesense. Why can't they leave us alone? Fansubbers work hard for days and nights just to translate all this and some don't even get recognition for their attempts. I say that fansubbing is legal (what's so illegal about making anime famous?) and that it should continue.

Well, there goes my thoughtless rambling.

DarkWulf

DarkWulf

Gechuu! RABU RABU!

Quote by Loki916And really, why did MF mail animesuki when they could have mailed it to the ones clearly responsible to these acts (well now they did mail wannabe, i think).

My guess is that either the Japanese firm didn't really understand Bittorrent, or they were trying to shut down the main source for where people were getting the torrents. (Its probably cheaper on a billable hours perspective to send one letter to the torrent index than to the 100 sub-groups that are making the torrents)

Quote: Fansubbers work hard for days and nights just to translate all this and some don't even get recognition for their attempts. I say that fansubbing is legal (what's so illegal about making anime famous?) and that it should continue.

Funny. Game crackers work for days and nights breaking game copy protection, are rarely recognized (can you name a good cracker? I know I can't)... but cracking games is still illegal. Think about fansubbing, its basically like pirating a movie, adding subtitles in another language (say, German), and then rereleasing it. Thats pretty darn illegal.

Signature

Knives

Knives

Sleepy

Ok .. I never went to that site i usually go to www.Aftermathanime.net for umm... certain reasons...

-knives-

CyanideBlizzard

Retired Moderator

CyanideBlizzard

Margarita Time!

You know I've become amused with Kei-kun's arguement. Its a solid one and to be honest I support legit as much as possible, if its video games or anime. But i'll break this down very simplistic for you.

Not everyone can afford anime. In the states its roughly 29.99 per DVD, thats 31.19 with tax. Depending on how many episodes or how big the series is you can spend up to roughly $400 dollars per series. This isn't even counting box sets...which can range from $89-$149.99. I spent...lets see, roughly $2000 dollars on anime IN ONE YEAR. Its called an addiction and its something I enjoy, but trying to keep up with all the good animes out there is very expensive. I fully support legit and I own over 5 grand in anime. Overall is it worth buying legit? HELL NO! Now you can preach about the law all you want, to be honest if I get caught good! I deserve to be punished for my crimes. It just really feels like your telling everyone to stop because you don't like it. First off I gotta state this upfront

As for buying Imports? Forget that....Its not only a waste of money...but if you don't know Japanese (not everyone does or has the time to learn it either if its not given as a class at school) its a huge waste. Hong Kong imports with English subs? Possibly the WORST English ever....I got Trigun and Star Ocean EX that way.....Wow I downloaded Star Ocean EX on torrents because the subbing was so horrible I couldn't stand it. I wasted money on that to get horrid English translations that aren't even accurate. Too bad Fansub makers don't work for companies subbing those titles.....then I'd have a good reason to buy imports.

I believe in what people should say so thats the only reason I'm not hounding you for wanting to shut down torrents, simply because torrents are the most widely used thing for pretty much anything illegal these days. Though I love the fact that you chose to stay so legit, you stick with it man. I'm glad to see someone so supportive of the law. Seriously too. Just that anime isn't accessable everywhere.....or some countries just may never get a certain series, what then? Learn Japanese and buy imports? To me you'd have to really have a strong love of anime to do that...and I'm talking more along the lines of a dangerous obession.

You do realize that stopping ANY form of illegal actions is impossible. As long as people have a mind of their own there will always be these sorts of things. You should know that, its really common sense. To be honest I feel that Fansubs are a great way to get a preview of an anime before it gets released. I download the episodes and when I'm done I delete them. How many good series actually get a liscense? You know that there are so many good series out there that haven't been touched? Some of which just recently have been.

Do I plan on buying them even though I have seen them? Hell yes! I'm that kind of guy, moronic as it may be I still rather buy legit. Just how I am. Though to go so strongly against torrents like that...Common dude. Like you've never done something illegal. Kei I have to say I really like your opinion. Just don't tell people what to do and what not, just cause its illegal. Just cause you're against it doesn't mean everyone should be. I'll continue to download torrents if I want, funny thing is I was doing that while I was working at Suncoast as well (its a movie store) and I was buying anime at the same time.

So let me ask you this, am I suppose to wait for a series to come out that I can view now and get a good idea of if I'm wasting my time waiting for this series or if I can get a preview of it before it comes out, sure it may be illegal, but in a financial perspective (and this is not at the business one, at the consumer one) its a benefit.

To be honest I'm glad to see that companies are on to fansubbers. Its good to know that they aren't slacking off...considering it took them how many years to finally realize this... I honestly support it (I seriously do, even though School Rumble was like the best anime comedy I've seen in awhile...I really hope it gets liscensed and brought over...so I can watch it in Japanese with English subs > : ) hehe) and I look foward to other companies getting their heads out of the ground and realizing whats going on. You gotta realize something though, there will ALWAYS be fansubs, ALWAYS. This is something you can never stop. As long as people have the desire and free will and knowledge, not to mention the tools they will do this. Its just a simple fact.

Of course, as always this is my personal opinion. This isn't ment as a personal attack towards you Kei....just that you're the only one bringing up this point. Personally I see differently thus the reason for this.

I'd like to see this topic progress....it seems like its been going in circles and I know that alot of what I says ties in with whats been stated.

Second this is my ONLY post in this topic....I'd rather not keep going whats been stated.

Thank you and good day.

-Cy

Signature Image

Ay-chama

Ay-chama

lil grass shack

Quote by DarkWulfFunny. Game crackers work for days and nights breaking game copy protection, are rarely recognized (can you name a good cracker? I know I can't)... but cracking games is still illegal.

there that one guy called razor something (i think it was numbers). thats the only one i can think of that used to do it alone. only heard he was one of the "groups" back in the day. besides after what lik-sang went through, no way in hell ppl will really try to advertise that they do that.

havent HKs gotten better recently though? i mean you dont see as much of that "english" (i cant even call it engrish) as before (although i havent bought one for awhile so meh). plus it also depended on the company who "made" it. although they do have some pretty nice box art (sometimes better than the US ones... stellvia... *shiver* ).

slide...

Kei-kun

Kei-kun

Loving Mizuho

Quote by CyanideBlizzardSo let me ask you this, am I suppose to wait for a series to come out that I can view now and get a good idea of if I'm wasting my time waiting for this series or if I can get a preview of it before it comes out, sure it may be illegal, but in a financial perspective (and this is not at the business one, at the consumer one) its a benefit.

Well, everything about this, I've already spoke about. So if you haven't read all of my posts in this thread I recommend you so. :)

Quote by CyanideBlizzardI'd like to see this topic progress....it seems like its been going in circles and I know that alot of what I says ties in with whats been stated.

Yes this has been going on for weeks now, and it is going in circles. You're right no one can stop this illegal distribution.

I'm actually quite glad that someone agrees with my view. Anyway, to see this discussion progress is rather impossible unless we have personnel from one of those US/Japanese anime studios/companies contribute in this discussion.

shinsengumi

Retired Moderator

shinsengumi

. . . remember me?

Quote by Foolish-ishnessMy friend just told me about this 10 minutes before your post. This is
simply crazy. AnimeSuki can't be sued, because they are only providing
links. AnimeSuki is completely legal.
The only one of those I actually watch is School Rumble (since I
already finished RahXephon). And Wannabe Fansubs is continuing to sub
it and ignoring the threats :) Hopefully japanese companies don't start
attacking raw distributors. That would be horrible, indeed.

It's too early to say whether or not torrent trackers are legal; that's in the midst of being determined here in the United States. Trackers and groups that only do unlicenced anime have always walked a fine line. . . technically what they are doing is illegal (but very much welcomed) though by nature Japanese IP laws are not (and perhaps cannot) be enforced in the United States, but if the US does decide to crack down on bittorrenting copyrighted files, there's no reason why they would not also extend that to items where Japanese firms own the copyright.

s h i n s e n g u m i
Minitokyo Policy, Forum, Review, and Category Maintenance Moderator Emeritus

Do not expect to be applauded when you do the right thing, and do not expect to be forgiven when you err, but even your enemies will respect commitment, and a conscience at peace is worth a thousand tainted victories.

dArkaNGeL

dArkaNGeL

.. you in the real world?

torrent trackers are illegal if it has something to do with their copyright product or in this case, anime

Signature
member of Oishi Nihon, Kasumi-chan and Ecchi-Club

Fansubs rock... it's like free advertising for international publicity

CyanideBlizzard - Amen, you saved me a lot of typing. That's exactly how I feel about this.

No matter what type of law enforcement is used on filesharing or illegal sharing of copyrighted material, it will never stop. The more strength you use on this enforcement, the more the ones that are against it will gain. Simply put; There are more of the "bad" guys than the "good" guys.

^_^

page 3 of 4 « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next » 84 total items

Back to General Anime & Manga Talk | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.