Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Removal of Media Factory Inc. Works @ AnimeSuki.com - Minitokyo

Removal of Media Factory Inc. Works @ AnimeSuki.com

page 4 of 4 « Previous 1 2 3 4 84 total items

Criox

Criox

~LoNe BaNcHoU oF MiNiToKyO~

Sad to hear! >_< Kind of waste! Wat can I say, illegal things tend to be caught sooner or later!

~SpInnIng ThE NeW ThReAd oF CrEaTiOn~
Signature

Vetus

Vetus

Lonely Rolling Star

I believe that this move that made Media Factory is kinda stupit and I will tell ya why:

One of the reasons that anime became so popular were because of the fansubs. Once you like the fansub of an anime, when it will be lincensed, you will buy the original in order to thank the creators of the anime for their great job you have enjoyed. If you don't like it, you will save the money you would spend if you would buy the original. I admire that I haven't any original series due to lack of money, but in the future I will definitely buy some of them.

Apart from that, fansubbers don't earn any money from their work, in compared with the guys who sell bootlegs, which is the true form of piracy.

What is "normal", anyway? If you aren't troubling the rest of the world, then there's no harm in being abnormal.

Even if animesuki stops carrying torrents, other trackers will still carry them.

uchan

uchan

Mostly Harmless

I do not pay for rotten food at a restaurand. You do? I don't think so. But Im happily pay for a good tasting nice dinner. If there are any restaurant where I can eat from different foods. And the restaurant not try to robbing me out. Fan subbing is like a modern Robin Hood effect. Its not good nor bad thing. It comes from the circumstances of this so called life. Both side obey their own laws and try to break the status quo meanwhile laughing third is the big happy family of lawyers (they win anyway).

Let me use my fantasy...a good online distribution would be an acceptable solution (world wide premiere) with safe e-money. It would be like a pay-per-view tv. You can spend a few buck on a daily anime "dose" (instead of a hamburger?) and watch your favorite anime when you want. Propably utopistic now, but who knows... BitTorrent is based on this idea. No need super serverfarms to mass distribution. Developing a software/hardware for this is not an excuse since they are exist and working technology. Companies just need to think over their marketing and discover the power and money in p2p. But Im affraid they understand already this way they can't sell crap just quality.

[ My latest wallpapers: Ritsuka <-> ZERO Love v2 <-> Autumn cold night ]
[ Please visit my gallery for high quality and resolution pictures or sign my guestbook.]

Signature Image

Pay-per-download would work like a charm too. I'd pay to download my favourite anime, even by using bittorrent solutions to do it. I will not pay my whole wage for one lousy dvd though..

AlbelNox

AlbelNox

Wicked.

I know it seems pretty immoral, but I'll keep on downloading anime for as long as I can, buying the series when the opportunity arises, which it doesn't all too often thanks to anime being very scarce and highly saught after where I live. I still buy the originals if I like them enough.

But the whole thing is a bit iffy, like music downloads all over again.

Signature

My standpoint on this issue is a little gray, but I honestly find myself vying for the legit stuff. My essay writing skills aren't perfect; I apoligize for a seemingly muddled arguement. I'd also like to note that I *have* downloaded fansubs before (so I know how people feel about them), but never a whole series, and after I've finished watching a fansub, I delete it right away. The only fansubs I have burned (also not a full series) were given to me (before the series was ever licensed).

1. "Previews" - I can see what many people are getting at, but really... It doesn't work that well, especially considering that there *are* sites out there which review anime. You can look at one of those and decide whether an anime is worth buying or not. If you can't figure out what you want to look for this way... Well, how did you find out about a certain anime fansub? You clicked on the torrent link. Either that, or someone rec'd it to you, right? Well, you can do the same thing with a review site. Also, fansubbers should change how they go about things. For example, if they *really* feel the need to "help the non-japanese-speaking peoples" and "advertise the anime", then they should really only fansub the first five episodes of a series, rather then the whole thing. That way, you get a "preview", and, if you liked the anime, you can support it by buying the dvds.

2a. Import dvds - Yeah, they're pretty expensive, but still - with the way the industry is declining, you'd want to help it, right? And if you don't have the money to buy something, then just don't buy it. No one *needs* to have anime; people can certainly live without it. If you're a "real otaku" of a series, you should be supporting this point, you know - helping the anime you like in anyway you can, right?

2b. Language - "I have the money, but I don't want to buy imports because I can't understand Japanese!" Well, you can either take Japanese lessons (if you have the money to spend on anime, I'm sure you can afford this) or, if that's not an option, then I say that you should find a site which does script translations (like Aestheticism.com), rather than actual anime subtitling. That way, you have a reference if you don't know japanese. If there were less fansubs, I absolutely guarantee that many people will do text translations instead.

2c. HK bootlegs - Just... just don't. >_< Sometimes the english subtitling done is so bad it doesn't even come close to english. Not only that, but you're supporting more illegal activity. Besides, HK bootlegs don't come with those neat little "extras". ^.^;

3. Old Anime - Yeah, it's a nice way to get old anime. Old anime which doesn't seem to be found in any stores nowadays. But, old anime isn't a big of a deal or an argument - old fansubbed anime (eg. Weiss Kreuz, Angel Sanctuary) were extremly low quality. I'm talking .asf extensions here; an episode at 50-80mbs. So people didn't want to keep them anyway; they were so bad, and they went out and bought the dvds/vhs. Not only that, but old anime isn't really being fansubbed anymore anyway - people want to see the new stuff. The new stuff being subbed is a bigger part of the "threat" to the industry.

4. "Dubs suck!" - Yeah, yeah. We've all heard that argument before. However, most dubbed anime *do* get a dual language dvd released, so there's nothing to worry about. I honestly have to say that both fansubbing AND official translations suck for the most part, especially if the official release has script subtitling only, and not translated subtitling (Case-in-point: Gensoumaden Saiyuuki - I know this because I've seen it in both dub english and japanese, and it makes me want to cry, it's so bad...). I have to say that they're pretty much equal in calibre. If you really, *really* hate dubs, then just buy the imports and take japanese classes.

5. "But they're free!" - :/ The lure of *not* having to pay money gets a lot of people downloading, everyone knows this. But that's not helping the industry in anyway. Downloaders are really a big part of the problem. I'm not saying that downloaders are the *only* problem, though. It's the fansubbers, and the raw suppliers. As long as there are raws, there will be fansubs. And as long as there are fansubs, there will be downloaders. I think the idea of paid downloads will definitely help rectify this problem.

Anyway. That's all if we live in a perfect world. However, we don't, and that's a major problem. Just like how fansubbers stop if an anime is licensed, I think they should also do the five-ep thing, or do text translations instead. But it's really all up to the individuals who do so. :/ That's why there'll always be illegal activity on the internet. So I think the only way to fix this is having paid downloads. p2p/bt are good ways to share files, but the problem is, people are using these great programs to exchange illegal stuff. Again, it's up to the up/downloader whether they should do it or not.

So, I think that the only way to help the industry is resticting filesharing by placing a price on downloads, and for fansubbers to stop subbing entire series. I realize that since this is the internet, it's pretty much impossible to stop illegal activity, but I think that these restrictions will help a little.

Meh... people complain about the price of anime in the United States, but it's kind of silly to get all riled up over a $30 mrsp. If you shop smart, you can find some incredible bargains. Case in point--there have been times when ADV's Devil Lady collection sold for as little as $20 to $25. That's a great price for a good twenty-six episode series. Saying one can't or won't afford to pay for DVDs because the prices are too high is really a pretty poor justification for downloading fansubs.

I don't particularly care either way about the whole Media Factory fiasco, as I haven't gotten the impression that the company's actions set any kind of meaningful precedent. I'll just sit back and enjoy my fansubs as long as it's feasible to continue doing so.

i do wish anime companies (both American and Japanese) would focus on cracking down on bootlegs, DVD rips and the like, rather than pressuring people who are fansubbing unlicensed works.

Okay everyone, let's buy cds (downloading mp3s is illegal, remember!), buy artbooks (anime galleries omg, artists are losing money did you think about that!), magazines (yea, to choose what we want to buy ^^ ), animes, games, softwares (im sure most of us have illegal copies of at least one software), movies and books! After all we are all rich and spending money isn't a problem. Oh yea, I don't speak English so yea it's hard to find animes here but hell why not order them from united states! ;o

Edit : I'm not against the fact that companies want to protect their stuff, I'm against people trying to tell people what they should do.

pn0yvstyle

pn0yvstyle

The Terror of Death

this was the most absurd news I have heard so far in the anime world. school rumble, akane maniax, and sum other good animes were affected by this. cant say i hate media factory for it kuz they got these animes on tv, just mad at em for doing just a stupid thing like this. freedom damnit!

zephiris26

zephiris26

Vector Addict [TM]

Has anyone read this article? It's really interesting ^^;

Nuriko

Retired Moderator

Nuriko

Hentai Slayer

Major news article was posted on CNet today, was on the front page for awhile.

Signature Image
Congrats to Crash-kun :: sarak :: Evanrued for winning the Nuriko Prize!

page 4 of 4 « Previous 1 2 3 4 84 total items

Back to General Anime & Manga Talk | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.