Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Troy - Minitokyo

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 32 total items

Just came back from seeing it and i agree with the critics on this one. Its an okay film but had many flaws. The battle scenes were nice and quite intense but everything else was kinda dry and vague. They had way ot many stories / themes to focus on and they should have instead picked just a couple. Also for the most part i thought the acting was horrid. The only ones that gave a good performance were Eric Bana and Brad Pitt did an okay job for the most part.
Also one of the more obvious flaws was that most of the mythology was cut out since Peterson was going for more of a realistic effect since he was not trying to recreate the Iliad as many people thought. But the flaw lies in the fact that without the mythological referecnes, many of the events seemed strange and a normal audience may have not understoodf what was goin on. Wolfgang Peterson kept in all of the story as muuch as he could which he shouldnt have done, its impossible to fit this epic into a two hour movie and keep all of its integrity, you have to cut stuff out and he couldnt do this making the movie fail imo.
Well this is just my opinion, so what did others who saw it think? im curious to hear what others thought of it

PTG

Firripu-Daioh

I was planning on seeing it today, but unfortuanatly I had to go to work early so I had no time, I also have no time tomorrow. So possibly sometime next week I may get out to see it.

"If I went around saying I was an Emporer, just because some moistened bink had lobbed a scimitar at me,they'd put me away." (Dennis - Monty Python and the Holy Grail)

irix

irix

quam sidera multa, cum tacet nox

Quote by crapmonster
its impossible to fit this epic into a two hour movie and keep all of its integrity, you have to cut stuff out and he couldnt do this making the movie fail imo.

I think the same!!!

kino

kino

tabibito

i thought it was pretty good since i don't really know the history behind it. Eric Bana was superb as Hector i thought. and the duel with Achilles and Hector was good too :)

Signature Image

Dfire

Dfire

101%chewy goodness

Dang it. I guess trailers can make any movie look amazing.

katz291

katz291

Lil Insane Kitty

It looks good, but doesn't really look like an exactly like the myth.

I am a member of COLOFULL WALLIES! .

I am a member of Celestial-Luminesse

No I would have to agree with crapmonster it was a good movie during the fight scenes but during the drama I almost passed out. Also they did not fill the audiance with too much info of the mythology behind the Illiad and the Odyssy I my self have read them both and the Illiad twice but I barley remeber any of it.

Did anyone else think that the Battle of Troy looked alot like the Battle of Helms Deep? ~_~

Well the Hector vs Achillies fight was just too fun to watch.

Must see it again.

Trojans are dumb.

I guess Orlando Bloom can't fight without a bow and arrow. ~_~

The drama parts (ie sex with Brad)...anyone else laugh?

You can't really fit a 10 year war in a 2+ hour movie.

I thought the Spartans/Greeks were badly portrayed... I mean 300 Spartans (plus a few thousand Greeks that everyone forgets) held off 1 million Persians for 3 days....in this movie, they seemed more like a band of pirates while the Trojans were more like the professional warriors.

Osiris

Retired Moderator

Osiris

(>^-^)>( . Y . )

its nothing like the Illaid but its the best movie this year for me :)

achilles kick ass :D

Signature

Vaasasu

Vaasasu

Vaasasu

Quote by kenshin-donoI mean 300 Spartans (plus a few thousand Greeks that everyone forgets) held off 1 million Persians for 3 days....in this movie, they seemed more like a band of pirates while the Trojans were more like the professional warriors.

Spartans were/are Greek.

On to the point... Like it has already been mentioned, the movie is nice. Yep, it really has nothing to do with the Iliad, but I suppose we knew that from the beginning.

The only thing I'm afraid of is a potential butchering of the Odyssey...

I think i'm in love with Helen of Troy. She is definetally the most beautiful woman in the world....so i don't know where you get of saying that they didn't keep to the ancient mythology of things....bla....Whoever cast Dian Kruger as Helen did a great job and obviously knew what they were doing.

Loved the movie and can't wait to ge see it again.
*Kings are Fools*

wtf are you talking about? there is mopre to the movie then just helen. i mean when people say it was bad casting they are refering more to such people as orlando bloom. also helen wanst that good anyways. she aint bad lookin but her acting was horrid.

I have no plans to see this movie now. I liked all the myth..stuff in the orginal story. I was really looking to see achilles getting cut. Oh well another follywood movie.

Do You like my tight sweater? SEE how it fits my body.

GundamZZ

Retired Moderator

GundamZZ

the invisible mod

hehe...from the preview Troy looks like another Gladiator wannabe to me XD ...but according to shinta she said it was a great movie .....must be eric bana >_>

Signature Image
*hugglez & kisses* <---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Angelette

Angelette

[Q^_^]-O

The movie's all for Orlando Bloom... Obviously. I mean... No Paris, no Illiad. xP You gotta love 'em who start wars for being a hawtie. xD

Signature

Chickomon

Chickomon

The Dog of War

I have not seen it yet, but it appears, from reading these and other movies, that it's a good movie, but falls short of being great. Similar to Gladiator in that case.

Man is the best computer we can put aboard a spacecraft ... and the
only one that can be mass produced with unskilled labor.
-- Wernher von Braun

PTG

Firripu-Daioh

hehe I saw today, it was a good film, Peter O'Toole did an excellent job, and the fight scenes were cool. The only thing I didn't like was Orlando Bloom, what a pansy.

"If I went around saying I was an Emporer, just because some moistened bink had lobbed a scimitar at me,they'd put me away." (Dennis - Monty Python and the Holy Grail)

Miroku4444

Miroku4444

Ecchi Enthusiast!!

I just saw the movie troy and thought it was great!The Battle scenes were awsome and i thought brad pitt was outstanding. They did take some libertys, like letting the trojan king have his son back(I heard he fead him to his dog) and achiles just being his cousin. I Too Think he was his gay lover because most of the trojans back then were gay. I think the movie makers Made these changes to try to make a more entertaining movie in todays world, besides alot of this stuff is based on mythology so its up for interpretation. With all that said I still think its a good movie. I still would give it 8 out of ten.

Signature

Darkfire

-=LuthieN=-

Move is good but...

...the story is TOTALY wrong.

There is hardly anything right in the movie. I mean, the Trojan war actually happened. And it was very different from that. One big difference is that Helen was taken back to Greece and she didnt flee. Also Paris died too, but how could they make Orlando Bloom die... =P

I would know...I'm Greek myself ^_^

~.:: Don't look back in anger, you're not the only one ::.~

It's better than the other stuff out right now. Lots of fight scenes!

Troy was rather good so there. :P

Vaasasu

Vaasasu

Vaasasu

Quote by kastelic4444 I Too Think he was his gay lover because most of the trojans back then were gay.

Huh?

Miroku4444

Miroku4444

Ecchi Enthusiast!!

Vaasasu alot of men were born into the military Back then and that became there way of life. Little contact with woman was alowed. A relationship between the soldiers was encouraged. It was thought by military stratagist that the bond would make a better warrior.The soldier would fight harder because he cares for that person so much.How they procreated is beyoud me. Just take a look at greek history(Alexander the great) or watch Rain The Conquer.Dont Get Me Wrong this ain't my thing just trying to clarify.

Signature

At school we read the Illiad and the Odyssey this year and I'm afraid to see Troy. I heard they really messed it up as far as the actual story goes >_>. Plus it has Orlando Bloom as Paris.. that doesn't surprise me too much *rolls eyes*. So I don't think I'll be watching Troy anytime soon :P.

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 32 total items

Back to Music & Movies | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.