Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Ripped Walls - Minitokyo

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Next » 51 total items

Jinzhou

Retired Moderator

Jinzhou

Forsaken God

Lately, the amount of wallpapers that I have seen on MiniTokyo that are ripped are astronomical. I have been deleting three to four walls a day due to ripping. I'm a pretty laid-back mod when it comes to taking action against this besides deleting. But now, I'm going to start enforcing these rules until it calms down. If any of the mods catches ripped walls, the person's wall will be automatically deleted. And in the delete message will be what warning you are up to. When/if anyone gets up to a third warning, they will be temp banned for at least a month, and when they come back, they will not be allowed to upload any scan/wall for two weeks after that.

When the ripping calms down, then the rules will be less strict, but until then, we're going to keep the rips down to a minimum.

Also... another thing is people obviously aren't reading the rules, hence why the ripping is occurring. If any member catches a ripped wall, please report it to the mods, and leave a message to the person ON the wall to delete it because it is a rip.

Hopefully with the conjoint action of the members and mods, we can cut down on the rips. Thank you and have a good day. =D

-Jin

P.S- Ok! By rip I mean a WHOLE wall, they TOOK it from someone else and put it on here under their own name. Taking a character and putting it on YOUR OWN background is not ripping. And with the ripping I WILL need the original wall from a site. Hopefully that cleans all questions and whatnot. And YES, official walls DO count as rips. Anything (background-wise) that you did not make IS A RIP.

Signature
Yes, I am god. Infallibility at its greatest.

Zdenek

Zdenek

Bye bye~

How do you actually test who was the original author of the wall? I know it's often obvious, but you should judge it properly, no?

OMG...liek I've bean banned cuz I'm n idiot. DUH ARMY GAME R0X0RZ!!1!!!!

dustin

dustin

Gem Stone

Actually it would be nice to know who ripped something and from who/where? I haven't actually seen any rips, only maany walls with same character.

lol i remember the time i thought JIn rip, quite funny, now hand over the list of the ripper, i want to laugh at them some more

tele-fragd

tele-fragd

Cheeky Peach <3

I hope this isn't going to turn into DA-type policy =/ Whereby we can't use any graphics in walls that we didn't draw ourselves... because I suck at drawing.

Homer: Pffft English. Who needs that? I'm never going to England.
Mr Largo: Lisa, do you find something funny about the word "tromboner"?
-------------------------------------

//My Anime Collection

Argonian

Argonian

Dark Minion

Quote by tele-fragdI hope this isn&#39;t going to turn into DA-type policy =/ Whereby we can&#39;t use any graphics in walls that we didn&#39;t draw ourselves... because I suck at drawing.

Dont get it harsh...is not that strict policy.You can use artists graphics but with YOUR touch

Dont be fooled by the money power. Weapons are the true power.
All shall come to our Lord Dagoth Ur and greet him as flesh or as ash.

Taurec

Taurec

BAKA^2

Don't worry tele that won't happen .. else i have to ride to Sheqel on my lego harley and knock some sense into him with a bag of marshmellow's

I did find it hilarious that there was a member who was posting the work of our admin here <g>

- Too bad stupidity isn't painful

Airrrrrrr

Noctum

Noctum

.:Dark Lord:.

YES!!! :D

Quote by TaurecDon&#39;t worry tele that won&#39;t happen .. else i have to ride to Sheqel on my lego harley and knock some sense into him with a bag of marshmellow&#39;s

I did find it hilarious that there was a member who was posting the work of our admin here <g>

That was one of THE events of MT. I guess we will laugh about it in even a year or more. XD

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

irix

irix

quam sidera multa, cum tacet nox

rulez!!! rulez!!!

Zuri-chan

Zuri-chan

Megane to Neko

Ripped walls...do those official wallpapers posted count? They have been a lot here recently as well. I think people get confused that the wallpaper they upload must be something they designed themselves or did I miss that in the rules?

Signature

*Freelance Waller Again~*
"A lady should be elegant." - Lumiere

Taurec

Taurec

BAKA^2

another thing is people obviously aren't reading the rules

Well they are reading the rules but understanding it ... thats a whole different story.

You hit the nail dead on Zuri .. that is what happened alot.

Airrrrrrr

Zuri-chan

Zuri-chan

Megane to Neko

Quote by Jinzhou they will not be allowed to upload any scan/wall for two weeks after that.

Yeah..oh why is they are not allowed to upload? Then they will just leach from MT,I think they should not be allowed to download would be more appropriate.

Signature

*Freelance Waller Again~*
"A lady should be elegant." - Lumiere

hehehe ZZ is the biggest ripper with his butterflies XD of course only people who knew him back in the old days of deviantart could understand what im talking about.. hahaha..
anyways, im likin this rule, cuz ive seen about 10 walls that were rips so like ya, ill be reporting to a mod when i see more

GundamZZ

Retired Moderator

GundamZZ

the invisible mod

ROFL...stop talking about the butterfly controversy back in DA setsuna !! XD that was totally just mean....*stabs jark*

Zuri: I think Jin meant no uploading wallpapers cuz they are probably rips...lol but i think they shouldn"t be able to d/l scans either...

READ THE RULES guys!!! it doesn't take long....

and yes...official wallpapers = rip so don't do it please XD

Signature Image
*hugglez & kisses* <---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Zdenek

Zdenek

Bye bye~

I have got a question that's important to me: If I find a wallpaperish image which has undergone some terrible nearest-neighbor resampling and I kill the whole day retouching it (I'd reCG it if I had some better hardware) and put away the JPEG artifacts, is it still a rip?

OMG...liek I've bean banned cuz I'm n idiot. DUH ARMY GAME R0X0RZ!!1!!!!

I know, that I have seen so many pages, and often the Same Pictures, but I think the Background was a little different and Sometimes the same. But I have never find out, wich one was the original one, because one has written name and email adress or thomething else on it on the other one the top or a little bit from the bottom is missing.
I think when the bottom is missing it isn´t the original one.

Signature

Osiris

Retired Moderator

Osiris

(>^-^)>( . Y . )

butterflies....wheeeeeeee XD

Just ban them...its as easy as a click of a button :D

Ban them all! XD

Signature

Taurec

Taurec

BAKA^2

Quote by ZdenekI have got a question that's important to me: If I find a wallpaperish image which has undergone some terrible nearest-neighbor resampling and I kill the whole day retouching it (I'd reCG it if I had some better hardware) and put away the JPEG artifacts, is it still a rip?

Well if you did a extremely good job at it imho it should be allowable
provided you make very clear what it is and what you did. <g>
i remember a scan with a plane that was allowed in a similar case.

But in the end it's for the staff to decide.

Airrrrrrr

so i can post walls that i cleaned up if i lgive credit to the original?

hitokiri

Jinzhou

Retired Moderator

Jinzhou

Forsaken God

No. You cannot take a wall from somewhere else and modify that wall. You can take the IMAGE but not the wall.

Signature
Yes, I am god. Infallibility at its greatest.

GundamZZ

Retired Moderator

GundamZZ

the invisible mod

Quote by ZdenekI have got a question that's important to me: If I find a wallpaperish image which has undergone some terrible nearest-neighbor resampling and I kill the whole day retouching it (I'd reCG it if I had some better hardware) and put away the JPEG artifacts, is it still a rip?

Re-touching/ Re-CGing another wallpaper is still a RIP. Editing another person's wallpaper is also a RIP. Basically, the ONLY copyrighted material you can use for wallpapers are the character image itself that you EXTRACTED it from somewhere....

Signature Image
*hugglez & kisses* <---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MistressPookyChan

MistressPookyChan

I bwee, therefore I am.

This is a *far* too common problem. Many artists and wallpaper sites deal with it. I agree with what you said about reporing to a mod about it. Mods don't always see everything, so everyone should lend a hand and make the site a good place to be. ^-^

Signature Image
-----| feeling : blah. | UserPage V1 : RO Succubus in pink | Latest Creation (BLEACH) |-----
Groups: Oldsters (a) - Nippon Foods (a) - Widescreen-Wallers (a) - Japanese (m)

biriwilg

Retired Moderator

biriwilg

+indie mod+

Hear hear. I just deleted a couple walls that violated the rules. Seriously, it's not that hard. If you didn't make it, don't upload it. Capiche? =_= And for the other mods here, if we do a warning, it should be on their userpage, so that we know when they've reached three warnings.

Limality

Limality

Sleeping Beast

okay thats what i did took walls which i didnt make and uploaded them here. but i always gave the copyrights to the respective owners like so: "© by XxXx" or "not made by me, legel stuff to owner" etc. yada yada yada.... that isn't allowed???

page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Next » 51 total items

Back to News | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.