Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Cell or CG art? - Minitokyo

Cell or CG art?

page 1 of 1 20 total items

vanilla-h

vanilla-h

REALM OF SOMTHING-OR-OTHER!

Which do you think is better? Personally, I really like cell art, because my favorite animes are cell art...but CG can be so beautiful. More and more CG (computer generated) anime is coming out, and less cell art...It's hard to choose.

jackalx66

jackalx66

Blau Mond

cell is classic style and i like cell :D
though
the cg is almost adapted by all anime nowadays ~_~
but cell is still my fave XD
long live cell :pacman:

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

arkive

arkive

drifto touge all day...

whoa good one cell will be forever used in anime i like how there using cg for the BG, and other things like last exile awesome......ohh yea and stand alone complex the opening is great....

Aa-chan

Aa-chan

AA-CHAN

I don't think I could choose either one. Cell art is brilliant, but CG is the future :) .

Follow AA-CHAN as he teaches English in South Korea and enjoys his K-Pop music fandoms up close!

http://aa-chan.net/blog/

xandman

xandman

The King of Hearts

i love cellshading, it's so good.... computer generated are good too, but it doesn't bring out the true essence of art really.... so it's cell for me ^_^

but if those two could be merged into one elite masterpiece, i wouldn't mind, hehehe...

Signature

I love cell and CG XP but i prefere CG because Applessed is so beautyfull ! XD

u mean like cg as in appleseed/gist:sac cg? or drawings that are touched up or created entirely on computer like photoshop?

I think for me, cel shading is neat, but will never replaced hand-drawn... in hand-drawn, the thickness and angle of stroke can convey a lot of meaning, that you can't obtain in cel shading... and the shapes are too exact, so they convey something very literal, not emotional or esthetic, in my opinion. I didn't really like appleseed cel shading compared to hand-drawn... there's something about it that looks too sterile, and unnatural. i think one of the great feats of anime is creating an idealized image of reality... but cel shaders take the hand-drawn image, and re-root it back in the exact science of 3d rendering.

i'm sure cel shading will develop a lot in the years, and hopefully deliver some more promising stuff, but i doubt that algorithmic shaders could ever replace the intuition and emotion of a human being.

kumori

kumori

-.-;

CG...hands down...

Although I think that cell art is great, CG, when done well, is just totally awesome...
And I agree with finiteyoda that Hand-drawn is the best, though. There's nothing like seeing an artist's original work that conveys his/her own style...

haldir

CTA Designs...

fusion like tekken 4

usagi200

usagi200

Wings of an angel

i love cg art in anime, and what is cell art?..oh..ok, anime done the old fashioned way.

Signature

yournemesis

yournemesis

Galaxy Angel for EVERRRR

Quote by usagi200i love cg art in anime, and what is cell art?..oh..ok, anime done the old fashioned way.

vac: i think too.

Signature in violation of the Signature Guidelines

pn0yvstyle

pn0yvstyle

The Terror of Death

Quote by usagi200i love cg art in anime, and what is cell art?..oh..ok, anime done the old fashioned way.

cell art uses cell-shading, if the person who made this thread is talking about this kinda art. I would say both look nice. It just depends on the preference of the art. Some things would look l=nice as cell art and others would look nice as CG. Take the latest Macross series (zero). That looked lovely CGed. If it was done by cell, I think it wouldn't look rite. Now take bakuretsu tenchi, wwhich was sumewhat cell-shaded. That looked pretty nice for that kind of anime. I couldn't really imagine it all CGed.

xserasx

xserasx

doom

for anime, i choose cell.

take a chance you stupid ho.

kikyosoul

kikyosoul

Ecchi lover

Cell is more artistic and has a special value but, GCis my favorite. The graphics are great and they improve it daily. :D

WMagnus

WMagnus

The Last G1 Destron

Cell art is my favorite. CGi is a great tool for some cases. But still nothing can beat old cell animation.

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

ultimashower

ultimashower

Reppin' The Nice Guys

I like cell personally, because it always has its own distinct feel and look to it. While CG can get the majority of objects to look realistic, I still can see that the humans aren't actually human, and that always takes away from the story for me. Oh well, we're not even 2 or 3 years from that changing, right? ;)

HTML Coding Hates Me...

CG art is very beautiful!
I prefer CG-definately!

i like both, im ok with anything as long as the animation is great.

ahh, can't choose, i was just drooling during Appleseed movie, but i also love the art in Air TV

Using the abbreviation "cg" in this context is very confusing and misleading. From what the original poster wrote, I can only assume that he/she was referring to cel-based animation vs. digital animation, not 2-D vs. 3-D.

Assuming that's correct, I like digital animation better. One need only watch a few episodes of Air to see why.

page 1 of 1 20 total items

Back to General Anime & Manga Talk | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.