Screen capture program

page 1 of 1 18 total items

Electrastar

Electrastar

MT's official Roy fangirl

Cancel

Hello out there to all the folks here in Minitokyo. I want to make a website in the future and to boost my gallery, I would really like to make screen captures. But here's the thing, I don't how...I have the program called Snag It...but I read the tutorial and don't have a clue how to make screen captures from avi files with it...so I was wondering if any one of you could people could recommend any other programs for me (free if possible.)

Thanks so much ^_^

Signature Image

Kyo-Sohma

Kyo-Sohma

*Sulking on the roof*

Cancel

Well, it was cheap to begin with but you can probably download it free anyway, but I got a copy of Broderbund's ScreenShot Deluxe 4.0 and it seems to work pretty decent. I also just use the PrintScrn key a lot also. But you can hunt around for that program and check it out and see what you think.

~Kyou

Signature
"I'm gonna break your pretty boy face" -Kyou to Yuki

d611691

back

Cancel

You may download Media Player Classic, it's free and easy to use. :D
File ---> save image...
http://www.afterdawn.com/software/video_software/video_players/media_player_classic.cfm

jimmy2buc

jimmy2buc

Dragon Knight Nyo!

Cancel

ooh, this might actually come in handy ^^
thx

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

• Dec 19, 2004

Electrastar

Electrastar

Cancel

Quote by d611691You may download Media Player Classic, it's free and easy to use. :D
File ---> save image...
http://www.afterdawn.com/software/video_software/video_players/media_player_classic.cfm

For some reason, the link you gave me won't start the download when I click the link download....do you have another place where I could get it please....

Signature Image

groovybluesgirl

groovybluesgirl

Groovy Girl

Cancel

Try Gadwin PrintScreen its free has lots of options and its easy to use.

{ D.N.Angel Fans } [b]{ Gackt Fans } { My Gallery } { My latest Wallpaper Ice & Dark } [b]
Signature Image
[b]{The absence of flaw in beauty is itself a flaw.}
[/b][/b][/b]

d611691

back

Cancel

Quote by ElectrastarFor some reason, the link you gave me won't start the download when I click the link download....do you have another place where I could get it please....

That's all right, try this. :)
http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=82303&package_id=84358&release_id=227046

official site: http://sourceforge.net/projects/guliverkli/

--
For win2000, xp: mpc2kxp6482.zip
For win98, me: mpc98me6482.zip

Cancel

If you already have Windows Media Player, you can just pause the movie, hit ctrl + I .
If you like an alternate program, Virtual Dub works great.

Signature

• Dec 22, 2004
Cancel

SnagIt works great to, has a 30 day trial I think.

But Windows Media Player Classic is easiest way yeah, saves em in bmp aswell so hardly any quality loss :)

• Dec 22, 2004
Cancel

i use fraps, it also is able to record videos of your desktop and show the frames per second that ur games/fullscreen apps are running at (its mostly a gaming tool :P)

Sock lovers unite love for the reason of 2.0 wootzor!!!!

• Dec 23, 2004

DarkWulf

DarkWulf

Gechuu! RABU RABU!

Cancel

Strongly recommend fraps as well. That thing kicks butt.

Signature

Electrastar

Electrastar

Cancel

Well I have using the one d611691 recommended and it's so darn easy. I have been using it for a couple of days and I'd like to thank you all for helping out, problem solved.

Signature Image

Cancel

I just use power-dvd cause Im lazy (hit p and Ive got a screen cap saved to a folder in my docs) but you don't actually need a screen cap program to get pics from avi's and dvds, you just need to turn off hardware acceleration. When its on, windows isn't actually displaying the video, its just making a spot for it to be displayed and your video card then uses that spot to display it.

• Dec 25, 2004
Cancel

hey thanks now my problem is solved to XP

HEY^^ BE AMENBER OF:
Hispanime,fullmetal-alchemist-fans,Ecchi-Club,MT's,TeniPuri,shingetsutantsukihimefan,Naruto,GundamSeed-Angels
I HAVE THE POWER OF ADMINISTRATING:
GTO-fans,Doujinshi-Support-Club

and sorry if you dont understand something i wrote XP

Cancel

If you have an AVI file, like already stated, Virtual Dub is good, you can go through and find the exact fame you need/want.

• Mar 17, 2005
Cancel

You can use BSPlayer, and just run it, print screen, and open up a graphics program and paste. Voila.

Cancel

SOrry to ask but I have fraps and i don't know how to make it work for anything but my games. Anyone got any hints?

• May 13, 2005
Cancel

I use virtual dub mod very good program.

• May 14, 2005

page 1 of 1 18 total items

Back to Computers & Internet | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.