Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Escaflowne The Movie or the TV Series? - Minitokyo

Escaflowne The Movie or the TV Series?

Tagged under Tenkuu no Escaflowne

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 37 total items

Aztec

Aztec

Aztec Samurai

Escaflowne The Movie or the TV Series?
Which do you think is better of the two.
Personally I just finish watching the tv series and it is way better than the movie.
Escaflowne The Movie didnt really do anything for me.
I guess you cant fit 26 episodes in 1 1/2 hrs.
Let me know what you think.

Signature
I only live to see what's beyond my mortal life. For that is the only truth I seek.
Proud member of: [Hispanime]

Linachan

Linachan

Uchuu ichi

ow so hard... can't it be both? ok, then... the TV series :) I really liked the animation and music on the movie but the TV series has a lot of stuff that as you said, couldn't fit in the movie.

Signature
Funga fu fu, funga fu fu, funga fu fu...

i'm really really prefer the serie !!! the story is more complete ! the film are good too but i don't know it's not so beautifull like the serie !! but the ost in film are very wonderfull !! *____*

( i speak a stange english ?? normal i'm french ^^;; sorryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy t___t lol)

rizaroy

rizaroy

lotica dream

i prefer the movie, i like very much the serie, but the movie is better. The drawing is more interesting, the story more exquisite...

Signature
French-Tribu ~ Fullmetal-alchemist-fans ~ Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles Fan

Ne laissons pas nos larmes couler. C'est la victoire du coeur sur le corps. Car pour nous, cette chose qu'on appelle le coeur est la preuve que notre existence est superflue...

PeachGirl

PeachGirl

Fallen Angel

I like both of them but i was so depressed that Hitomi didn't stay with Van.....AND they did not even kiss

Ja mata!
Tomodachi ni narimsen ka?

Signature

~~ Incandescene can dance through white shades of sand.
Perfect skies tell the tides~~

There must be more than this provincial life.
Dreaming of far off places, daring sword fights,
magic spells and a prince in disguise

I want adventure in the great wide somewhere
I want it more than I can tell
And for once it might be grand
To have someone understand
I want so much more than they've got planned

I prefer the series so much more. somehow the movie seems so strange... random to some extent, I doubt I'd understand it if I didn't watch the series first.
I so agree that it's so disappointing that Hitomi didn't get to be with Van in the end >.<

Signature Image

Ayamael

Ayamael

yumemitai

hum... the serie is by far better... but i must say i don't dislike Van's design in the movie, he looks more... erm, manly.. XD but i hate Folken's new design in it...

but when it comes to the story, the series is more complete... the movie just cuts out all the characters only to concentrate on Van and Hitomi, and i don't think it was the best thing to do.

Well, I think the movie is a nice touch, but in a series, you get more out of the story than in a movie. So I have to say the series is better, yep, that's right!

i like the series more
more detailed story, better designs as well

the tv series.

the muvi is something that is kinda out of the series. i dont even think it has the same storyline. there's many differences from the series.
the artwork is not as good as the series, except that i think the muvi's escaflowne is better than the series' one.

Signature

i prefer the series.. since it more complete.. and the ending's nice too... unlike in the movie.. hitomi just vanished..

The series started off really cool then progressively got worse in my opinion. I do really like the movie "Girl in Gaea" a lot.

LOL i saw the series on TV, i really love them, i want to see the movie, i was saving to buy the whole package ;)

Almost There!!!

Signature

A 26 episode series always beats a two hour movie.

I am a self-proclaimed super genius and the future potentate of the universe; you may bow before me if you wish.

I think the series was better than the movie, You get to know the characters a little more. But even so, the movie was still excellent.

EternalParadox

Retired Moderator

EternalParadox

.:Enigma Mod:.

people, the movie was never meant to be viewed as a continuation or a condensation of the series. In fact, it's a very very different story if you haven't noticed!!!

There is never an Abaharaki in the series, there is never a Black Dragon Clan in the series, and Millerna is not a rebel princess in the series, and there certainly is no Winged Goddess or only two melefs in the series.

so before you say that the series was more complete or more faithful to the story than the movie, realize that the movie is an alternate retelling. It's not the exact same story, nor was it ever meant to be.

EternalParadox
Previously the Forum, Vector Art, and Policy Moderator

Kuka-Manga

Kuka-Manga

Anime Lover

The series: awesome -- one of my all time faves!
The movie: meh -- great animation (to be expected of a movie), but phewww, what a horrible film. I think they were trying to duplicate the success they had years before with the Macross Movie: Do You Remember Love?, but failed miserably!

Ayasal

Ayasal

Return, Into The Mist

I liked the TV series more then the movie :) but I movie was good too :D

Relinquish your Dreams of Paradise
Signature

Kyros

Kyros

expert pilot

i prefered the tv series

innishfree

innishfree

Anime Cutie

The series is the best. The movie is so different it doesn't even come close to the series. I love the series. The movie sucks big time...

All the world's a stage. Men and women are merely players. They have their exits and entrances. And so they play their parts...

dstorres

dstorres

Gunslinger75

Quote by toutousaiA 26 episode series always beats a two hour movie.

I agree.

i've only seen the tv series, so, i say the tv series

ScribbleKitty

ScribbleKitty

Meow Meow Kitty Kapow!

The series is way better then the movie. The movie seemed rushed to me, even though it was normal movie lenght. theres just so much to try to fit in, and it just couldnt do it. I hear the series is supposed to air again on Adult Swim, but i havent conformed or anything yet.

The series. It's far better than the movie.

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 37 total items

Back to In-depth Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.