Nintendo Revolution - Without buttons?

page 1 of 1 16 total items

Gamefish

Gamefish

Sashimi-san

Cancel

The website Gamefront.de (a German site), the japanese magazine The Daimond Weekly said that the GameCube's successor will not have the A and B buttons and no + Control Pad on the controller. Here's the full German text:

Quote by Gamefront.deNintendo Revolution ohne Steuerkreuz und AB Tasten?

21.12.04 - Nintendos Gamecube-Nachfolger Nintendo Revolution soll kein Steuerkreuz und keine AB Tasten haben. Das behauptet die heute in Japan veröffentlichte Wirtschaftszeitschrift 'The Diamond Weekly'.

Weitere Angaben zur Konsole macht das Magazin nicht. Nintendo hat den Bericht nicht kommentiert und nichts derartiges bestätigt.
Die Konsole soll erstmals auf der E3 im Mai 2005 in den USA enthüllt werden.

Nintendo has yet to acknowledge the message. The GameCube 2, better known worldwide as Revolution, will be intorduced at E3 2005.

Cancel

Umm, Gamefish! Can you translate what the german text says, since I can't read it at all! ^_^' But hey, the new Nintendo Revolution that uses no A + B buttons and no control pad? Sounds very interesting! XD I can't wait for the unvieling of the new system in E3 2005! Thanx for sharing this, Gamefish! ;)

thegunblademaster

thegunblademaster

Nine Is God

Cancel

yea a translation would be useful XD but it does sound unique. i wonder how you'll play? maybe you'll use you mind or voice! *Link i told you to do a backflip, then parry and then decapitate that monster!*

Signature Image

Check out my Youtube Channel at www.youtube.com/ThisActOfGod

Gamefish

Gamefish

Sashimi-san

Cancel

Quote by Gamefront.deNintendo Revolution ohne Steuerkreuz und AB Tasten?

21.12.04 - Nintendos Gamecube-Nachfolger Nintendo Revolution soll kein Steuerkreuz und keine AB Tasten haben. Das behauptet die heute in Japan veröffentlichte Wirtschaftszeitschrift 'The Diamond Weekly'.

Weitere Angaben zur Konsole macht das Magazin nicht. Nintendo hat den Bericht nicht kommentiert und nichts derartiges bestätigt.
Die Konsole soll erstmals auf der E3 im Mai 2005 in den USA enthüllt werden.

Translated, it says the following:
Nintendo Revolution without + Control Pad and A and B buttons?

21.12.04 - Nintendo Gamecube's successor Nintendo Revolution will not have a Control Pad or A and B buttons. The Japanese magazine "The Daimond Weekly" has announced this news today.

The magazine doesn't give any other information. Nintendo hasn't responded to this news.
End of translation.

Quote by thegunblademasteryea a translation would be useful XD but it does sound unique. i wonder how you'll play? maybe you'll use you mind or voice! *Link i told you to do a backflip, then parry and then decapitate that monster!*

I've read some stuff on other websites about this and a lot of people said mindcontrol. I think that would be a very cool feature :D

thegunblademaster

thegunblademaster

Nine Is God

Cancel

heh mind contro would certainly eliminate bad controller problems, but thoughts can be easily distracted, like if your playing a game while listening to music, then your character starts dancing XD

Signature Image

Check out my Youtube Channel at www.youtube.com/ThisActOfGod

Gamefish

Gamefish

Sashimi-san

Cancel

hahahah.. whatever it's going to be, I can't wait for E3 2005 :D

streifer

streifer

Old Game Lover

Cancel

interesting idea...
With bad humor I'd say they'll just rename the button C and D...

But a new system could be interesting...
With the voice maybe...

I'm finally back !!!

Huuum, anyone remember me?

• Dec 21, 2004

calibretto23

calibretto23

Open your eyes...

Cancel

watch them do something like give it a keyboard and mouse :S

Signature Image

------------------------------------

Proud Member of:
|Hardcore-gamers| |Dub-Lovers-Group| |Fight-Club| |MT-singles| |FinalFantasyFans| |Samurai|

• Dec 21, 2004
Cancel

Mindcontrol?! o_0 Does that mean Mario, Luigi and the other Nintendo Icons will know what I'm thinking of? How scary! x_x

beonarri

beonarri

A Wolf That Has Been Overclocked

Cancel

That'd be cool to have a mind-controlled buttonless system, but I think this is just a rumor.

How reliable is gamefront.de on thier info/news?
Are they on a level like The Sun, or Fark.com, or NY Times?

Look! Look! I draw pretty things!! http://wolfoverclocked.com

• Dec 22, 2004

Vivid-Rein

Vivid-Rein

Brom's slave

Cancel

I heard that nintendo was trying to make an Eyetoy like machine to use in its games. Nintendo is trying to make it easier for people to play games without using difficult button combos. I think they were trying to do that with the next Mario Party game... Perhaps it will play like "The World" but all you would use is a headset. Being that immursed in games like resident evil or Zelda would be totally awesome. And think about first person shooters and racing games! Weeeee!!! Anyways im going to go now... I have a 6 hour drive home...

"This will be our final battle..."
Signature

randomspace

randomspace

Why are you here anyway?

Cancel

first they added buttons, and then triggers, then analog sticks...

so are they subtracting or replacing?

yes mind control would be cool, but realistically, they are either adding more weird dohickes or, just thinking about taking away buttons, to reduce the combo blah blah...

sounds ....stupid, unless they actually have something planned, i bet they won't go through with it unless they have something revolutionary, and if that was true, we'd ALL hear about it...it would be a great marketing stradegy, you know.

Signature
"life is like an analogy"

Unoffically, but nearly verified, tallest person you'll ever meet. (on MT)

If you stare long enough, it will wink at you. (especially if you go crazy because your staring so long)

• Jan 03, 2005
Cancel

it's a very sad day indeed when Nintendo remove the a and b buttons i mean they the only reason i played, for those two buttons. lol.
maybe well get lucky and they just put a nintendo sticker over the sony logos on a ps2 contoller.

Cancel

It's probably going to be Nintendo's next attempt at virtual reality. Maybe sensors that read body movement? These have been done long ago, but maybe Nintendo finally found a way to make them work correctly >_>

• Jan 03, 2005
Cancel

perhaps it would be like the DS where it had a touch screen. maybe it has a controler with a touch screen where you move your thumb upwards to go up or down to well... move down etc.
sorry to disapoint the mind control idea but it is very far fetchd their would be wires connecting to the brain waves bringing the old matrix idea back to mind. either that it would be like to those toys where you have a glove to to move that body part on the character.
*hand moves to grab soda and you notice link grip an imagenay soda*

long live, Nintendo!

• Jan 03, 2005

Gamefish

Gamefish

Sashimi-san

Cancel

I don't think it'll be touch screen... at least it won't be double screen XP ... that would probably require 2 tv's XD
eventhough mind control sounds really cool, I highly doubt that it will be just that. not to mention the wires needed, like Arelementis mentioned.
I'll keep everybody here updated on the revolution and stuff ;)

page 1 of 1 16 total items

Back to Music & Movies | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.