Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Superstitious? - Minitokyo

Superstitious?

page 1 of 1 17 total items

Tantaga

Tantaga

Will Eat Your Children

Seems to me that a lot of people now days are superstitous to some degree. It all depends on your beliefs, religions, etc. I was just wondering, how many people here actually have thier lives affected by thier superstitions...

You know the usual .... won't go near black cats, break mirrors, walk under ladders, open umbreallas indoors...all in the fear of getting cursed or having bad luck.

So, what do you believe in:
The curses & bad luck associated with superstitions - and if so what are they?
Or do you believe it's just another case of people being overly cautious in thier lives?

----

I believe that it's all just something someone made up because of thier commen fears. I have broken mirrors (yay, glass class), I own a black cat, and I have opened umbrellas indoors. I make my own luck and nothing has truely ever happened to me from such things.

Signature Image

<lol> I'm wary of 13 for no reason (it's never brought me bad luck before XD) other than it's an ugly number. Heh. X)
...hm...I won't walk under a ladder for fear of knocking it down. :P I'm *very* clumsy. But other than that...no, not really supersitious. :) Glad for it, too. XD;; Imo, it's more trouble than it's worth.

Abadonna

Abadonna

I am afraid of dark rooms. There may be ghosts in there. XD

"I'm worst at what I do best and for this gift I feel blessed"

Kev

Retired Moderator

Hannibal

feng shui,

thats behind the success of raveanime and minitokyo ;)

zephiris26

zephiris26

Vector Addict [TM]

If I were superstitious, hell, I've broken so many mirrors I'd be hiding under my bed in the fetal position rocking back and forth in terror. It's a lot like reading fanfiction, actually. :D

<lol> I don't think I've broken a mirror before. ^_^' Piggy banks, yes. I cried when my brown piggy smashed on the floor way back when... XD Eugh. A mirror would hurt...

I am not superstitious at all. And i recently broke a mirror in my house too >_>

My mother is superstitous, she won't pass people going up or down the stairs for example in a house, something about swapping souls (bad luck). O_o

Noeru

Noeru

Ichigo-hime

Every time it rains here on campus, my umbrella is opened inside to dry. My first pet was a black cat. I've broken a mirror when I was a kid. The only thing that I'm superstitious about as I've never had problems with anything else, is that I will not pick up a penny on tails, I just can't make myself. I feel dirty if I do. That's kinda weird but if you knew me, that would be nothing.

Signature

beethoven

beethoven

darkness

i've broken ever superstitions there are and this one shawman type dude said that superstitons for me were usless because i have a black rainbow Aura so i am not affected by luck good or bad i create my own way luck and i personaly think that bad luck likes me and helps me out

Only in the dark of your soul can you reveal the light of your heart" Stephen Penton
Signature

Mizuna

Mizuna

Lazy

I'm kinda disappointed after trying the bloody mary thing at midnight with nobody in the house and all the lights out. I wanted someone to play with...sucks...

"Never underestimate the power of human stupidity..."

"One of life's greatest gifts, the gift of making a mistake."

Lol, I'm a christian and I tried to follow the 10 commandments as much as I could... Does that count as superstitious? Beside that, I do not really care of number 13 or the sorts.

As for why I couldn't follow all the 10 commandments... I'm not perfect and I needed time to change...

kawaiikiyomi

kawaiikiyomi

..*trust is for fools*..

uhmm i have no idea. well i dont believe in black cats being bad luck. it also depends on the superstitious i guess

\"If you were\'nt afraid, you\'d be like Lorcan. He is\'nt afraid because he does\'nt love. To cause such pain you can\'t love or fear, but only crave\"

ya we chinese believe 8 is a lucky number n black cat means unlucky.

Only uneducated fools are superstitious. And, no, Seraphim84, following the teachings of a recognized religion is not being superstitious. There is a big difference. Religions, like Christianity, teach codes of morality that, if practiced, benefit the faithful and their societies as a whole. Superstition--i.e. believing that if you break a mirror you will have seven years bad luck--is just ignorance.

im not really supersticious, but i do have little habbits that i feel i HAVE to do

http://futurama-fan-group.minitokyo.net/ for all those who like futurama

BlkLotus

BlkLotus

bara tsukiyo

well i dont believe in broken mirrors or walking under the ladder .....
there is one thing i do .. the salt over the shoulder thing... if you spill salt you are supposed to throw some over your right shoulder for goo luck.

Geminia

Geminia

What?

The only supersition I believe in is Friday the 13th, and spilling salt because I've done most of the other stuff already.

page 1 of 1 17 total items

Back to Body, Mind & Fashion | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.