Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Announcing some serious cleaning I will do - MT really needs it - Minitokyo

Announcing some serious cleaning I will do - MT really needs it

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Next » 101 total items

Keltosh

Retired Moderator

Keltosh

Inquisitor on hiatus

Important Edit (27/ 12 / 2004) : Read the "how is quality and effort judged for wallpapers?"

Very well, I think it better to announce this so that I get fewer complaints later. I posted it in this section because
1) It is more likely to be noticed
2) It IS a complaint ...

In these weeks I had time to browse the galleries.. and in many cases, what I though was.. what a load of crap... . So since I have a lot of time on my hands in the next month, I'll be doing some serious cleaning.

First, some general considerations that I wish to make.

1) I and the other mods do not enjoy deleting. We would like it so very much if there was no need to... And you must not presume we do it all alone. sometimes we talk about decisions, sometimes the mod that write in your guestbook is not the one who deleted etc.

2) The rules were not changed. This is extremely important. With this I mean, the rules were always like they are now. So if your wall / scan got deleted for some reason, then it WAS already written in the policy.. and you should have known. I am really sorry when deleting hurts the feeling of people, but reading the policy well would avoid the majority of the deletions ..

3) I am using many hours of my vacation time for minitokyo. No, I'm not free. I have many things to do. Still I love this site and so I use many hours to make it better. IF you don't think this is making it better.. then I am sorry. But the idea of Minitokyo is a place where you can get high quality scans and wallpapers and when someone can get quality reviews .
Now before somebody starts complaining I want to point at the Minitokyo policy. It states, among many other things that people never read, that all submission must meet a minimum level of quality.

No I won't go crazy and delete everything, just those submissions that don't meet the requirements...
So what are the requirements again? Since few read the policy, let us write them down again... maybe explaining some points that are often misunderstood

Wallpapers:
1) Wallpapers must be your own creation. You can take stock images (for examples characters, or clouds) and then put them in (though any photo or such must be modified, no stock photos just pasted there) but the wallpaper must be your work. You cannot submit wallpapers done by others nor use other people work nor just paste a scan over another and call it a wallpaper. Also you cannot use screencaps, not even modified ones.
2) The wallpaper must have a minimum level of quality AND of effort. Quality means no blurry or excessively pixellated works, and a somewhat decent layout. Effort means you must have worked on it. And trust me, it's easy to see when a wallpaper was done with little effort. Simplicity has its beauty.. but a character pasted over a white canvas, or over a gradient colored canvas, or over another character face enlarged and blurred is not enough. Nor a wallpaper when you just smartly added some pre-made effects from the photoshop library.

Scans
1) Must be of a minimum quality APART from the number of pixels. If it's blurry, or with excessive artifacts, do not submit it
2) Scans are on Minitokyo mainly for providing aspiring artists with useful material. So before posting a scan, ask yourself: Can this scan be used in a good quality wallpaper? If the answer is no.. then don't submit it.
3) Since few read the policy, it must also be anime, manga or game related, it cannot be a screenshot, it cannot be enlarged to fit the minimum dimensions, nor be excessively blurred, unsharp, noisy, over- or undersaturated, over- or underlit. And it MUST have a clearly visible subject, since its purpose is to be used for a wallpaper..
4) It must not be mature in content (this goes for wallpapers too..). Mature does NOT just include nudity (again, as stated in the policy...) Minitokyo wants to be a clean place, so that we can avoid worrying about the age of the members. If you want extremely ecchi or hentai images, there are plenty of other sites around..
5) About black and white: this is admittedly rather controversial. Generally black and white scans are not accepted unless they are scans form an artist bok or something. As always, the general rule stays valid. Before submiting think if the scan can be used for a wallpaper or not

Doujinshi and Abstract art:
the time of submitting whatever you want has ended. After reading the policy and consulting with Sheqel himself, here are the guidelines
1) It must be totally your work, once again. NO ripping.
2) it must be of a minimum quality. This refers, once again, BOTH to doujinshi and abstarct art. Of course we'll be more lenient that in the scans and walls sections, but still a MINIMUM quality and effort must be visible.

Seeyuu/J-pop/Idols:
Same as the scan and wallpapers above. So it must be your work (no submitting wallpapers of other!) and of a minimum quality.

How is quality and effort judged for wallpapers?
1) Extraction. The act of taking a character out of a scan to put in your wallpaper. Poligonal lasso or pen tool + at least 500% zoom is your friend if well done, while magic wand generally makes for so-so walls
2) Cleaning. If the scan is grainy or contanins other artifacts, cleaning the image is an important point
3) Layout. A decent composition is important. A thought out wallpapers is certainly more appealing and represent a higher level of quality/effort
4) Quality and effort in designing the background

Of course we're not expecting new members, nor old ones, to be perfect in every one of this aspect, though please try to give your all. But a wallpaper trying to follow those criterias is MUCH more likely to be accepted. The art & design forum contains further help on these topics. (also if you post a wall with: "I did this nice wall, hope you like it" , you're not gaining credit ...)

Important note
Please note that while I have time, I cannot process the whole Minitokyo gallery in one day. So please avoid asking "why did you delete this image of mine and not this other image of this member?". All images (hopefully) will be processed in due time...
If you feel like another image should be deleted (BUT keep in mind the guidelines above), please report it, thanks.

Well, I am done, I hope this lower the amount of complaints...

Signature
I am now on hiatus from moderating due to my thesis.
One of my favorite game ever: Mordor: The Depths Of Dejenol Community
The beautiful signature is from Biriwilg

Osiris

Retired Moderator

Osiris

(>^-^)>( . Y . )

haha go rape the gallery, go go XD

Signature

AH-Zeruel

AH-Zeruel

Bishounen Angel Hunter

good luck on your quest Keltosh!! XD
i hope you dont finish tired, because as you say much of the works posted doesnt meet the requirements, adn as you live here XD jkjk i think its important to have your place clean and tidy

as soon as i clean up my own place i might start to hel you with that epic quest of cleaning MT
also i wanted to thank you for YOUR effort, its not easy to mantain MT high standards, buit thanks to you adn the other mods this place stills run smoothly
THANK YOU AND merry xmas.

Go Then- Said the Angel -And Leave This World to Those Who Trully Care-
Signature

..::Hispanime::.. El acento que faltaba .. . .. ..::Wallpaper Critique Club::.. Start of a New Journey
..::Ecchi-Club::.. Proud member :')

KorganoS

KorganoS

Busy atm ^_^;;

Go GO Keltosh, you have my support !! XD

For HQ anime pieces of art
visit : [FRAGMENTS] - www.crash.inweb.dk

Celessa

Retired Moderator

Celessa

Okaerinasai - Welcome Home

Deleted more of my gallery - it didn't look right O_o

Well, best of luck Keltosh - you have my support - and I gotz lots of coffee for ya if you need it. ^_^

"No matter where you go, no matter how tough life may be, just remember that always in your heart, you will still be loved."

Signature

exentric

exentric

Plain Lazy

loL~
I think some of my scans are already been deleted XP
well I couldnt care less
if it doesnt fit MT's policy, better off gone. ^_^
now, go and your adventure in da gallery section~ and yes~ its an adventure~ XD

Noctum

Noctum

.:Dark Lord:.

You should include under Scans 3) that it must not be a black & white picture. There are still people who upload them. >_<

Quote by Osirishaha go rape the gallery, go go XD

Wow, he used an mature word which is not allowed and lots of spaces to meet the 64 character requirement. Zombie Osiris, you're breaking too many rules than a mod should do. XD

PS: As I mentioned once before, don't forget to clean the mod's galleries as well.

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

jasmine

Retired Moderator

jasmine

jazz mod

go Keltosh!!! good that you have time for the cleaning here :) but it will be a long and difficult quest ;P with all those crappy submissions... anyway - good luck!!!

Quote by CelessaI gotz lots of coffee for ya if you need it. ^_^

yup just say so and we will prepare all the hectolitres of coffee you will need ;P

What I do is me...
... for that I came
me @ DeviantArt, AnimePaper, msn space

Keltosh

Retired Moderator

Keltosh

Inquisitor on hiatus

Noctum : Don't worry, I'm not searching by member's gallery. I'm browsing by categories.. so I won't skip to evaluate any picture ...

Signature

Celessa

Retired Moderator

Celessa

Okaerinasai - Welcome Home

Quote by jasmineyup just say so and we will prepare all the hectolitres of coffee you will need ;P

ROFL - well said.

And don't tell me you are gonna clean the mods as well. **Erm** Down boy. X_x
<PS - What about Keltosh's? lol - j/k :pacman:>

"No matter where you go, no matter how tough life may be, just remember that always in your heart, you will still be loved."

Signature

Keltosh

Retired Moderator

Keltosh

Inquisitor on hiatus

Feel free to browse my gallery and to report any picture not up to the minimum quality :D

Signature

jasmine

Retired Moderator

jasmine

jazz mod

Quote by KeltoshFeel free to browse my gallery and to report any picture not up to the minimum quality :D

ok we will, we will - without fail we will visit your gallery :]
just j/k ;)

What I do is me...
... for that I came
me @ DeviantArt, AnimePaper, msn space

minimouzo

minimouzo

Papaya

ho that was the answer i looked for for some days.

so : black and white scans arn't allowed ?
i quote one point of the policy

Quote by support section^^
You may only submit materials that have at least 16 bit-per-pixel; this does not include greyscale images.

i'm not that good in english so ... i'm asking here. does it mean greyscale pics can me less or more than 16 bit per pixel
OR
all images must be at least 16 bit per pixel but greyscale image havn't to be posted.

that sentence is a little controversial no ?

my suggestions:
if greyscale scans arn't allowed
*You may only submit materials that have at least 16 bit-per-pixel
*black and white pictures arn't allowed

if they are
*You may only submit materials that have at least 16 bit-per-pixel
* this does not include greyscale images. (reason : they can have more or less bit per pixels

it would be easier i think :)
sorry again to ask this

Eat a papaya everyday and everything will be ok Signature Image

Support section

OracleAngel

Retired Moderator

OracleAngel

-... de lovbot-

Keltosh does too much workage while Osi sits in the veranda sipping his Pimp juice.... XD

Heres a poem to cheer you up:

Reports will come in...
some posters dont even care
Complaints will come next
thats what people have time to spare!
Then comes irritation of the noggin
another impatient characteristic one should check
Away we go staff, the phone is waiting!!!
Its dial away.....1-800 gallery direct!!!!!

XD im such a kidder...should have that as a poetic slogan for all Staff Members!

It is written and it shall be done..... :)

kc2

.:lost in eternity:.

haha rofl good poem! XD

Anyway good luck on this Keltosh, it will be hard!! :)

Signature Image
Member of -:: "[Express]" ::- -::"[MT's Family]"::--::"[Love Hina]"::-
Moderator of-:: "[Celestia]" ::-

DarkVirus

DarkVirus

::Nobody::

Good luck Keltosh.............................

are the other gallery directors(or higher) going to help u to make it go faster?

retire

sammo

Retired Moderator

sammo

Retired Moderator

rest be assured, all of moderators' gallery will be sorted out also ~_~ you people are so paranoid coughnoctumcough.

i'll make it clear right now. during the gallery wipe, if anyone decides to post complaints that concerns their gallery item deletion on the forum or the shoutbox, i will issue them one warning; you got a problem? come talk to a moderator about it. stop wasting everyone's time and space by selfishly posting childish complaints, when we're almost 100% right and no one else really cares except yourself.

well, cheers for the clean and pure earth! urr...MT 8d

Sure, go ahead! I don't mind my wallies being wiped! My first submissions look way too simple, anyways! You have my support 100%, k? XD

Jinzhou

Retired Moderator

Jinzhou

Forsaken God

Go Kel, go Kel, it's your birthday, go Kel. =P

Signature
Yes, I am god. Infallibility at its greatest.

Whoo~! Go--

Jinzhou stole my line. :sweat:

I'll help, if you want. XD Fufufu~ *prepares a reporting rampage*

groovybluesgirl

groovybluesgirl

Groovy Girl

Good luck ! :D
You've sure got lots of deleting to do!

{ D.N.Angel Fans } [b]{ Gackt Fans } { My Gallery } { My latest Wallpaper Ice & Dark } [b]
Signature Image
[b]{The absence of flaw in beauty is itself a flaw.}
[/b][/b][/b]

candy-chan

Retired Moderator

candy-chan

hahaha pple even wrote poems for you kelchan XD you have our support, so go save the MT day once again~

egnirys

egnirys

Music is my Boyfriend.

Ahhh... even coming out of lurk mode to say this. This really needs to be done, and I thank you for it. I tried reporting what didn't fit standards out of a few directories, and most of the reports were ignored, lost in the shuffle or not processed.

Good luck, there's a lot of cleaning up to do around MT. >.>

biriwilg

Retired Moderator

biriwilg

+indie mod+

Good luck Kel, we'll consider this your trial by fire. ^_^ I'll try to help out some, but I won't be able to do much till I get home after Christmas break. ^^ Lemme know if you need anything.

EDIT: Not five minutes after I posted this, I saw another thread whinging about a deletion. Gimme a break, people! >_<

page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Next » 101 total items

Back to Minitokyo Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.