Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Announcing some serious cleaning I will do - MT really needs it - Minitokyo

Announcing some serious cleaning I will do - MT really needs it

This thread is closed for posting.

page 2 of 5 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next » 101 total items

Keltosh

Retired Moderator

Keltosh

Inquisitor on hiatus

Biri : Lol. Anyway, what I really need is a huggle :P Joking :D

Signature
I am now on hiatus from moderating due to my thesis.
One of my favorite game ever: Mordor: The Depths Of Dejenol Community
The beautiful signature is from Biriwilg

About time I see some of those scans/walls go XD jk jk jk
Lazy Osi >_> XD You can always blame him when Something's
not done XD jk jk jk Sorry Osi. ^_^;

euna

Retired Moderator

euna

Go Kel-chan! Okay... I'll be expecting quite a few walls and scans gone... ^___^
Well have fun removing gallery items!!

rythem

rythem

icon by trowicia@eljay

yes yes ,right,Keltosh-sama. ^__^
I'll be much more careful next time....coz there's already a great amount of scans deleted. *_________*

Signature

So how do I go about unjoining Minitokyo??? I had my entire gallery deleted and quite frankly I dont think thats fair and that you should go by a little more then just your own personal opinion. Granted I should have deleted a couple of them myself I just work all the time and didt get a chance. But I used to love this site until I logged on today and my entire gallery was deleted. Im sorry you thought they sucked but I had several that had quite a few comments and favorites on them by people I didnt know. But since one person thought they sucked off they go. Anyway I wish to unjoin so you can just go ahead and tell me how to do that. Thank You!

Rebel-Soul-Kaze

Rebel-Soul-Kaze

Glittering Crux Emperor

I say it on the topic that u made midnighteskye and i will repeat it: Instead of crying about the deleted walls,think on improve youre technique. Is very annoying that some ppl just upload a 10 minutes wall using one image on front and a white layer with some text and became popular,and u work like an a$$ on a wall with more than 3 layers,light effects,brushes combination and other things and u just get few comments or views.This is good for MT and for the ppl that work more than 10 minutes in a wall.

K I R A B O S H I !

toonleap

toonleap

Just a Waller

This cleanup really have a double edge....I know some wallpapers or scans should be removed due to policies and to improve this site....but I dont think removing it just like that will help in public relations. I mean, I did some wallpapers and suddenly MODS are removing it without hesitiation...I just couldnt read the good comments about it, and it even have favorites....I dont think it is playing fair....You are playing with other´s people feelings and effort....If a wallpaper or scan have FAVS and GOOD reviews, it should not be remove so suddenly because you are not giving some credit on the effort, and also, you are not giving the chance to at least the people who posted can update their art before deletion...a prior warning would be good....I consider they should be removed only if it dont have any good comment or favorites (that means it is really, really bad)....There should be other mechanisms or modify the deletion systems....because I honestly feel really, really offended....so offended that I decided to quit posting the stuff I do, and I know my stuff is not that bad....and I cant agree with Sammo´s posting....

"you got a problem? come talk to a moderator about it. stop wasting everyone's time and space by selfishly posting childish complaints when we're almost 100% right and no one else really cares except yourself."

IT is like bullying....he said it..."almost" 100% right and no one else really cares...thats a lie...some people really cares, but complaining is like a ban sentence and this really proves it....

I think MT really needs to improve not only in quality on its art, but also on its people....and just removing some art like that will not solve the problem at all....

Signature
Visit my Gallery, make a comment, fav it if you like it and best of all, Download it! Enjoy!
Unete a Hispanime Other groups I joined: Anime Club, MT Singles Club, ::Simple-ism::,
::Mai-Hime-fans::

Keltosh

Retired Moderator

Keltosh

Inquisitor on hiatus

Well .. this post is not intended as an answer to any other specific post. Rather, it contains some general considerations that I wish to make.

1) I and the other mods do not enjoy deleting. We would like it so very much if there was no need to... And you must not presume we do it all alone. sometimes we talk about decisions, sometimes the mod that write in your guestbook is not the one who deleted etc.

2) The rules were not changed. This is extremely important. With this I mean, the rules were always like they are now. So if your wall / scan got deleted for some reason, then it WAS already written in the policy.. and you should have known. I am really sorry when deleting hurts the feeling of people, but reading the policy well would avoid the majority of the deletions ..

3) I am using many hours of my vacation time for minitokyo. No, I'm not free. I have many things to do. Still I love this site and so I use many hours to make it better. IF you don't think this is making it better.. then I am sorry. But the idea of Minitokyo is a place where you can get high quality scans and wallpapers and when someone can get quality reviews .

I also edited the thread start to show these considerations

Signature

Jeez I guess it is a New Year clean up...I really dont care about deletion...even though my stuff got delete...hey at least u guys have reasons to delete...otherwise u wont be the mods...if stuff got delete...that means need to work on it...i do have some sruff i dont want...including one of the spam i got from poring...if u can...would u delete that for me...all i can say is good luck and work hard man......delete delete and delete...!!! wahahahahahaha... ^_^' ^_^' ^_^' have fun man...guess it's ur job...man some ppl have all the good lines...lol
------
Dont take this too personally...but everytime i look at ur avatar..gives me a chill...like grime ripper is coming...cuz u the one delete the stuff i guess...evil...lol..well...hope u can give MT a new and clean look...Go For It..!

Signature Image

i'm sorry to interupt this.
since i'm a newbie on here so i want to ask some question
i always want to know my status (what lv am i?)
and what kind of wallpapers can i download whith my current lv

want to join me int the hero war?
click here its free simple and fun ^^

http://www.herowar.com/blitz/recruit.phtml?id=4434

mr-freakybig

Mr_Freakybig

The wallpaper you have submitted was either too blurry, over filtered (i.e. an standard image or screencap with a few filters over it), or otherwise felt unsuitable. We only accept wallpapers where the members make a true effort to submit quality works for critiques and advice.

Ummm...

Okay.. I always make an effort. I believe everyone does?
Maybee this message should be changed? because I'm sure
loads of people, however good or crappy their art might be, might have put theyre whole effort
in it? Because they are not that good yet or unskilled, give em a chance,
isnt that the way you can give advice to them?

Youve deleted two of my works I did a long time ago,
and they were kinda crappy yes because that was made a year ago.
But still I put my whole effort in them each time at that time.

Hopefully you can keep this in mind when deleting stuff, MT needed
a cleanup anyway which is good, just try to bring the deletion automessage a bit
more friendly, because you really offended me here.

It sorta racist
(like: we only except ultramen here in this forum! so if you are
a beginning artist and are crap we wont accept you!)

Just say something like:
This piece of work has been deleted from your gallery
because of a huge cleanup!

and then end of story. Because Im sure you know what you
are doing and can see which walls are crap or not in your eyes.
It doesnt have to be announced. Like I sed, it might have been
the authors work which took the most effort. They dont wanna hear,
o sorry mate, you didnt do enough so im deleting it. Just let them figure it out.

Keltosh

Retired Moderator

Keltosh

Inquisitor on hiatus

Important notice: updated with doujinshi, abstract art and Seeyuu/J-pop/Idols section. Please read them and help out as always by reporting!

Signature

Just reading this thread depresses me. T_T It's hard enough to please people you know, let alone 43,000 random users. But I adore all you mods; you're doing a great job.

And, wow. :nya: I don't know if Kel's promotion is somehow responsible, but suddenly I'm getting Chii letters within minutes of reporting~<3

At any rate, gogo Keltosh! XD Behind you all the way.

mr-freakybig

Mr_Freakybig

Hmm, thats not all of it.
I just finished reading thru the whole thread.

Im just probably another piece of poo under your shoe if I say this, but
I guess it needs to be said, and yes its aimed at the mods. so youll give me a warning right?:

If you moderators dont 'moderate' your own behaviour,
youll end up losing trusty old users who liked minitokyo. I am one of them.
Giving people 1 warning if they post a complaint?! What the hell is that all about?
Do I get a warning now? because I posted this?
Since when has this Anime community become a dictatorship?

I dont mind you guys deleting everything in sight, but jeeziz,
I can see you are spending already too much of your free time on this
as you already stated. Go and have a nice holiday and please
come back and sort out MT's probs when you are a bit more calm okay.
[bot]Chii sounds like a f*cking nazi all of a sudden.

But of course, new users will come, under different rules.
soooo you guys dont really give a shit do you?

Its so friendly in here all of a sudden

You know what , Im off to go kick some puppies.
At least ill have a chance to become more like you guys
and grab my chance for the eternal throne of MT
now this nazi crap has started

What about art that isnt a scan, wallpaper, and you didnt draw it yourself? Where would one put that? Cause I got a buttload of Love Hina pics that arent wallpaper or scans, just good pictures that are in this gallery.

Keltosh

Retired Moderator

Keltosh

Inquisitor on hiatus

You cannot post art you did not do. Reads all my post.

Signature

wuschel

wuschel

wollknoll

I dont know whats so hard about to understand? there where rules from the beginning and those rules are for what? just to take a damn holiday?

mods are doing their job and if they delete something it might have a reason, yes every can make a mistake but then again as they said they discuss the thing...

so whats the problem with u all? just read the rules ... its not a mod problem if you just dont read or understand a single rule when u join...
every community got his rules like this too and they where from the beginning there. so just dont complain cause they start now deleting... its their job and its a good damn thing

minitokyo was not for submitting shitty echii scans or nudity scans or crap walls,.. it was a source to get high scans to make GOOD wallpapers... i know that every noob (like me was one too and still am one) has to start with crap walls but them just put all ur effort and u will see u will grow up ...

if you dont like the rules from the begining jessuus dont join ... (what do u all do join a community and even not read the damn rules?)

and yes where the feck did you read that its okey to post someone else art even if you got permission? ripp is ripp

SpaZaA

SpaZaA

hehehe

what the hell, you morons deleted another wallpaper of mine, this one took a VERY long time!! i edited the scan for ages to make it look clean ...fuck...rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
http://img154.exs.cx/img154/166/Bo0_YoiNks_DominionTankPolice.jpg

yeah.. and it's is like the ONLY NDTP wall u guys have..what is it, if there are no faves on a wall it's gone..wtf

KorganoS

KorganoS

Busy atm ^_^;;

I must aggree with Wuschel and Keltosh a lot here...
I mean... especially about the wallpies (because I don't submit scans... ^_^')
all wallpapers here are of the highest quality walls you can ever find on the net...
to maintain that, it is a very good call to make such a cleanup of the galleries...
wallpapers that are only made of several layers, and/or very simple layouts (such as plain bgs, scan slapped into a stock photo, and so on) .. are not meeting that requirement of being a quality submission, and therefore should be deleted..
I know lots of ppl would be very likely to curse Kel (and maybe me -_-) on this matter, but I tell you ppl ... be creative, and learn how to use those imaging softwares well... lots of tutorials can be found on the net, and don't make common excuses like 'It's my first wallie using PS' or 'I love minimalistic style!' or such,... experimental wallies that are of a very simple layout should not be showcased here... only submit your finished work that you've put lots of effort into... and looks good on other ppl's desktop...

For HQ anime pieces of art
visit : [FRAGMENTS] - www.crash.inweb.dk

Quote by SpaZaAwhat the hell, you morons deleted another wallpaper of mine, this one took a VERY long time!! i edited the scan for ages to make it look clean ...fuck...rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

stop cursing...wat is wrong with u!!....for the looks of it...it looks pretty bad...i dont care if u say my wall sux...i accept truth and reality...get back into it...and y is their a website on the bottom left...is this ur work...if u got deletion many times....then think wat is wrong with it..i think it is too plain..white piece of paper...paste the scan and the name...dont know wat to say...ur other walls do looks pretty good...cuz u put efforts on it...this one is just plain..!!

btw way...be nice to some of the mods...otherwise no happy ending...for u...if the one delete ur wall happens to be the toughest mod in MT...anyway...for the likes of this type of ppl...eat a bag of HELL and be quiet

Signature Image

Keltosh

Retired Moderator

Keltosh

Inquisitor on hiatus

I want to stress one more time that effort is a primary key in the evaluation. An excessively simplistic wall MAY look nice but since we mods must decide what to keep and what to delete, we cannot apply different rules to different peoples. The rules are the same for everyone.
Evaluating the quality alone would be excessively harsh towards new wallpaper artists, that obviously do not have the skills to make wallpapers as good as , let's say, sammo or SirBoingsalot or Tama-Neko or other great artists here.
That is why we have the requirement of quality, which I want to point out is important even to deny leechers an easy access to the scans gallery.
Also .. keep in mind that during this cleaning we do NOT keep in consideratin the number of comments and favorites, since those depends from other factors as well

Signature

Celessa

Retired Moderator

Celessa

Okaerinasai - Welcome Home

**Shakes her head** Now look what's going on...

I would like to just emphasize one thing here - and I hope all you new people in MT learn from your mistakes:

- DO NOT and I stress NOT start ripping off other wallpapers from websites and claiming them to be of your own work - this includes all Level 1 members mostly. We all know what can be done when this sort of problem arises. I know you are new - but READ the policies for Christ's sakes.

Why oh why can't you people figure it out in your heads? Hm...? Ripping is the least kind of thing anyone would like to see here on MT. Like hello? What is wrong here?

That's all I wish to bring up - and hopefully you can accept that very rule. As for the rest of the regulations - its up to the mods - and I'm sure there can be certain things done about it.

All I want to emphasize is that Ripping is wrong - can't you understand??
Do you even know how to look up the word RIPPING in the dictionary? What's this - don't ever walk up here and think you know all that, you newcomers - I know I apologize - not all newcomers are like that - but read the rules and have some common sense, now will you? Don't think you can come here with works that don't even bear your name on them. Thanks.

"No matter where you go, no matter how tough life may be, just remember that always in your heart, you will still be loved."

Signature

Nuriko

Retired Moderator

Nuriko

Hentai Slayer

Be sure to include that if an artist (i.e. fredart.com) has asked to not have any pictures taken/used without his permission, they will be immediately deleted, whether or not the scan is in a pretty wallpaper.

Signature Image
Congrats to Crash-kun :: sarak :: Evanrued for winning the Nuriko Prize!

Aoko-chan

Aoko-chan

Sky Reflection

I totally agree with mr_freakybig. Some of my walls were deleted, and well, at first I was really angry, I didn't understand why my wall, which all have good comments, were deleted and saying that damn message... I didn't put effort on them, you're saying??

Read this: I know you want MT to be a site to download high quality walls and blabitty blah... but like mr_freakybig says, my heart have been broken down many times, because my loved walls were been deleting all the time...

So I have made up my mind: I'll make my own media site, with all of my walls, fan art, kiss dolls, otaku mascots, even icons!! When I finish it I'll tell you.

Well, nothing less to say... please understand me.

Signature
Miembro de:[Hispanime]. Vivan los hispanos~~!! - [Aoi-Nanase] - [Starlight-Shine] - ~Day-Dreamerz~
I hope it's not only me, do you understand?

page 2 of 5 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next » 101 total items

Back to Minitokyo Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.