Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Announcing some serious cleaning I will do - MT really needs it - Minitokyo

Announcing some serious cleaning I will do - MT really needs it

This thread is closed for posting.

page 3 of 5 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next » 101 total items

Celessa

Retired Moderator

Celessa

Okaerinasai - Welcome Home

Hm... well if you have any problems with what walls you want to submit, you should probably ask a mod first and see if they deem your wallpaper suitable enough. That's the best way to pretty much guarantee a spot that your wallie will stay here on MT.

Well - that, and if you have knowledge too of how to submit good wallies, of course.

Once again - no Ripping - as I stressed out on my previous post. Good day.

"No matter where you go, no matter how tough life may be, just remember that always in your heart, you will still be loved."

Signature

boogybro

boogybro

Doing the happy dance.

Quote by Celessa**Shakes her head** Now look what's going on...
I would like to just emphasize one thing here - and I hope all you new
people in MT learn from your mistakes:
- DO NOT and I stress NOT start ripping off other wallpapers from
websites and claiming them to be of your own work - this includes all
Level 1 members mostly. We all know what can be done when this sort of
problem arises. I know you are new - but READ the policies for Christ's
sakes.
Why oh why can't you people figure it out in your heads? Hm...? Ripping
is the least kind of thing anyone would like to see here on MT. Like
hello? What is wrong here?
That's all I wish to bring up - and hopefully you can accept that very
rule. As for the rest of the regulations - its up to the mods - and I'm
sure there can be certain things done about it.
All I want to emphasize is that Ripping is wrong - can't you
understand??
Do you even know how to look up the word ripping in the dictionary?
What's this - don't ever walk up here and think you know all that, you
newcomers - I know I apologize - not all newcomers are like that - but
read the rules and have some common sense, now will you? Don't think
you can come here with works that don't even bear your name on them.
Thanks.

It's all good and well saying that, but I guarantee 99% of n00bies and leechers are not going to see that massege. What I suggest to the member os staff is to incorperate an automatic messege that gets sent to all people that join MiniTokyo, that's the only way I can see wallpaper's and art not getting rippped, because if they don't know the rules, MiniTokyo is always going to have that problem.

Signature

lbbros

Flame of Corruption

Mah.... What can I say... I'm puzzled overall. I admittedly don't like the new policy, that's why I haven't posted a single scan in a long time.

"Violence is the last refuge of the incapable." - Salvor Hardin
I belong to no group.

einna

einna

*kisu* ^.~

I've read this thread before but I didn't reply here immediately. But I did delete MY OWN not so good quality wallpaper when I read this.^^;; But now, I would like to say my stand whether it be that the people agree with me or not.

I'd have to say that I agree with Keltosh. Yes. I agree with Keltosh. Deletion of SOME wallpapers is not a problem for me. Why? First of all, deletion of a wallpaper will make one learn that they had to do better than what they did before. It's a challenge for us MT members to do our best. Keltosh is just doing his job. We can't simply rant and hate him. This is NOT a personal matter after all.

Even if some of my works will be deleted and I know it wasn't quality enough, I'll respect the gallery directors' decision. That means they expect me to do better and they are, in a way, bringing out the best in me. Think about it, people. We can't just forever stick to our common styles. We are, after all, artists, and artists never give up in discovering new things.

Thank you.

Signature

wuschel

wuschel

wollknoll

Quote by lbbrosMah.... What can I say... I'm puzzled overall. I admittedly don't like
the new policy, that's why I haven't posted a single scan in a long
time.

See and thats the problem. Those are NO new rules. Those rules where there before you even joined and after u joined. I think people should realize that this cleaning is nothing cause of some new rules. Those rules where there and where always there. If a wallpaper was deleted is it because he didnt fit the requirements and policy of minitokyo. A rule that is NOT new. Bitching and whining against a rule that was there before u even joined is the only unfair thing.

i X_x dont understand why people just dont read the rules after u join or even before.

exentric

exentric

Plain Lazy

Quote by wuschel
See and thats the problem. Those are NO new rules. Those rules where
there before you even joined and after u joined. I think people should
realize that this cleaning is nothing cause of some new rules. Those
rules where there and where always there. If a wallpaper was deleted is
it because he didnt fit the requirements and policy of minitokyo. A
rule that is NOT new. Bitching and whining against a rule that was
there before u even joined is the only unfair thing. i X_x dont
understand why people just dont read the rules after u join or even
before.

yah well, peopl are alwayz lazy when reading rules. heck I never read MT's rule when I joined. ^_^" I didnt even read my school's rule book. ^_^"
but I think I know whe lbbros said 'new rule'. ever since this clean up was announced, the management is somwhat ... 'changed'. before this cleanup, I can see the mod are very lenient towards everything. but right now, since MT has become big and all, the mods arent as lenient as before. the rules are there before, but wasnt really enforced. [like I said, lenient]. but this dayz, the rules are more enforced. thats all there is. its the same ol' rule with strict management.

einna

einna

*kisu* ^.~

Quote by wuschel
See and thats the problem. Those are NO new rules. Those rules where
there before you even joined and after u joined. I think people should
realize that this cleaning is nothing cause of some new rules. Those
rules where there and where always there. If a wallpaper was deleted is
it because he didnt fit the requirements and policy of minitokyo. A
rule that is NOT new. Bitching and whining against a rule that was
there before u even joined is the only unfair thing. i X_x dont
understand why people just dont read the rules after u join or even
before.

I definitely agree with you. The rules were never new, although they were just paraphrased, I think. And deleting wallpapers is the right thing to do if it didn't comply with the requirements. Plus, it can help keep MT by reducing the consumption of the bandwidth.

Signature

Taurec

Taurec

BAKA^2

I agree with your actions in weeding out the simplistic level raising crap made by a MS Paint using level 1 N00B's on speed,

But it's just beyond me how some of the featured frontpage favorites got deleted ??
Ah well guess i call these the growing pains of MT .. no pain no gain .. <eg>

Keep the party going ....

- Too bad stupidity isn't painful

Airrrrrrr

mr-freakybig

Mr_Freakybig

Quote by CelessaHm... well if you have any problems with what walls you want to submit, you should probably ask a mod first and see if they deem your wallpaper suitable enough. That's the best way to pretty much guarantee a spot that your wallie will stay here on MT.
Well - that, and if you have knowledge too of how to submit good wallies, of course.
Once again - no Ripping - as I stressed out on my previous post. Good day.

Look I cant even see the point in complaining
in here because the mods wont take it seriously anyway.
But the fact is, is that no newbie artist is ever going to attempt
in posting a single creation because you scare them all away with this stuff.
They post, they get deleted if its not up to the standards of a few individual mods.
You see not everybody might think their work is a load of crap, okay maybee
for the trained eye it might be, but how in the hell can you check
if someone didnt put their whole effort in it or not?

You can't. It might be the crappiest piece of work but maybe the
''beginning artist'' put his whole knowledge in it!

Take for instance the two things youve deleted out of my gallery,
I really dont give a damn, but the message you gave me was WRONG!
Over filtered? I dont think so, I made it with photoshop 4.
Just pasted a scan and didnt do anything more?
Ummm.. wrong again, If you looked closely I rearanged some parts
of Sydney to make it look more like a different city. and then tried to make
it match the scan.
No effort? It took me about 3 days untill I decided it was finished.
Crappy? Maybee now yes, because its a year later, and I advanced a lot
since a year.

But imagine the poor beginners under this new regime.

But alas, I guess Im just flapping my lips about right?
Nonsense right? Stupid geezer didnt read Keltosh's Posts right right?

Cmon, you guys are becoming full of shit.
I thought this was an Anime community? Where people
submit their art or wall? and talk about Anime?
Or was I all wrong and are we now some sort of KKK.

Taurec

Taurec

BAKA^2

individual subjectivity is a bitch ne....

- Too bad stupidity isn't painful

Airrrrrrr

exentric

exentric

Plain Lazy

what mr_freakybig said is pretty much the same of what I think.
'how do you even know there's no effort were put in it?' and all.
I aint gonna add anything since I already said a lil too much on susan's thread, but for me, what mr_freakybig said is just dam true.

lbbros

Flame of Corruption

Well, I don't like the point about attribution in the rules. And about "searching before posting" this might work in case you do something that has a category, but digging up 1500+ pages just to see if you aren't posting a duplicate is too much.
Plus...

http://gallery.minitokyo.net/view/71924/

(or others with the same subject)

Note: I don't mind anything of the sort personally... but if you want MT to be "clean", those would have to go too. IMO it's a sign of incoherency...

I belong to no group.

Hmmm... There's a little voice in my head telling me not to post in here, but I've always ignored that voice and today is no exception... When I first read this post I guess I thought that the deletions were for "scans" and not "wallpapers". Obviously there are many scans in the gallery that are utter "crap" and people don't like having them removed because it lowers there level, or whatever other dumb reason people will complain about. That's fine and dandy with me... get rid of the crap.

i guess the problem I personally have is that I think it is somewhat of a dilemma to start deleting wallpapers people have created based on the opinions (one or more) moderators have on their quality. I'm not talking about blatantly breaking rules (like ripping), etc... but I always thought this was a community where new and not-so-new could come to share there work (good or bad) and get opinions about it so that they could improve.

That doesn't, however, change the fact that this is a site created by someone and run by people who have every right and ability to do what they please with this site. Like it or Leave it pretty much... At the very least there is a forum like this where you are able to voice your opinions and it is without doubt that some of them will be negative, and others not.

The reality, however, is that if you are to stay a member of this community you have to trust in the people that run it. There will be mistakes on both sides, and decisions that you don't agree with, but hey... how is that different than life in general? Who doesn't make mistakes, or decisions you don't entirely agree with?

The way around these problems is to have every single submission approved by a moderator before it gets shown in the gallery (just like some other communities). Maybe everyone would like that better? But that isn't the way it is done here, so frequently someone is going to come upon something that they find should be deleted and they are going to delete it. End of story. Accept it or don't you DO have options.

So... For the Community: Try to remember that Mods don't have a personal vendetta against you, and gain pleasure from deleting your entries. Have trust in the people that run this place, and if you don't, say your piece and then go display your stuff somewhere else. There are plenty of other communities who might accept your walls, and if you're correct about those "evil mods" than plenty of other people will join you.

To the Admin: Try to remember that "quality" is very subjective from one person to another and that feelings WILL undoubtedly get hurt when people have work they spent time on deleted from the galleries. As good and reasonable of an explaination as you can give for the deletion would go a long way.

That's it... i've said my piece. I'm sure my gallery will be empty tomorrow ;P j/k.

- DP

lbbros

Flame of Corruption

Again with scans, there is the problem of the definition of "crap". The rest of my views are expressed in my post above (no need to duplicate again).

I belong to no group.

Quote by mr_freakybig

Quote by CelessaHm... well if you have any problems with what walls you
want to submit, you should probably ask a mod first and see if they
deem your wallpaper suitable enough. That's the best way to pretty much
guarantee a spot that your wallie will stay here on MT.
Well - that, and if you have knowledge too of how to submit good
wallies, of course.
Once again - no Ripping - as I stressed out on my previous post. Good
day.

Look I cant even see the point in complaining
in here because the mods wont take it seriously anyway. But the fact
is, is that no newbie artist is ever going to attempt in posting a
single creation because you scare them all away with this stuff. They
post, they get deleted if its not up to the standards of a few
individual mods.
You see not everybody might think their work is a load of crap, okay
maybee
for the trained eye it might be, but how in the hell can you check if
someone didnt put their whole effort in it or not? You can't. It might
be the crappiest piece of work but maybe the ''beginning artist'' put
his whole knowledge in it!
Take for instance the two things youve deleted out of my gallery, I
really dont give a damn, but the message you gave me was WRONG!
Over filtered? I dont think so, I made it with photoshop 4. Just pasted
a scan and didnt do anything more? Ummm.. wrong again, If you looked
closely I rearanged some parts of Sydney to make it look more like a
different city. and then tried to make it match the scan.
since a year.
But imagine the poor beginners under this new regime. But alas, I guess
Im just flapping my lips about right?
Cmon, you guys are becoming full of shit. I thought this was an Anime
community? Where people
submit their art or wall? and talk about Anime? Or was I all wrong and
are we now some sort of KKK.

DUDE! :o I'm sensing this thread is going to turn out really ugly! But I respect your valid point, mr_freakybig! The first several submissions I made I was starting to learn how to create walls and posted them here to see if people will like it! I haven't realized until this thread that I used minimum effort on these wall! But what you said about the mods giving out opinions about your deleted walls that you think is wrong, that's a serious issue! In my honest opinion, I don't think the mods are really evil at all! It's their opinion that they think your wall is not up to their standards, and it's your opinoin, mr_freakbig, that you think it's total bullcrap! But what you said at the end is totally out of line! As a friend, you got to be careful of what you say or write here of you'll risk having the mods banning you from MT! In conclusion, I really respect what you think, but please don't go a little extreme to prove your point! The last thing I want is a member being banned from MT! I hope you and the mods aren't offended at what I wrote here, I'm just clearing things up! That's all! :)

Celessa

Retired Moderator

Celessa

Okaerinasai - Welcome Home

Quote by boogybroIt's all good and well saying that, but I guarantee 99% of n00bies and
leechers are not going to see that massege. What I suggest to the
member os staff is to incorperate an automatic messege that gets sent
to all people that join MiniTokyo, that's the only way I can see
wallpaper's and art not getting rippped, because if they don't know the
rules, MiniTokyo is always going to have that problem.

If the rules can be enforced that is. A PM sent to every new person who registers to MT about specific submissions and rules - sounds very interesting indeed.

Quote by mr_freakybigLook I cant even see the point in complaining
in here because the mods wont take it seriously anyway. But the fact
is, is that no newbie artist is ever going to attempt in posting a
single creation because you scare them all away with this stuff. They
post, they get deleted if its not up to the standards of a few
individual mods.
You see not everybody might think their work is a load of crap, okay
maybee
for the trained eye it might be, but how in the hell can you check if
someone didnt put their whole effort in it or not? You can't. It might
be the crappiest piece of work but maybe the ''beginning artist'' put
his whole knowledge in it!
Take for instance the two things youve deleted out of my gallery, I
really dont give a damn, but the message you gave me was WRONG!
Over filtered? I dont think so, I made it with photoshop 4. Just pasted
a scan and didnt do anything more? Ummm.. wrong again, If you looked
closely I rearanged some parts of Sydney to make it look more like a
different city. and then tried to make it match the scan.
since a year.
But imagine the poor beginners under this new regime. But alas, I guess
Im just flapping my lips about right?
Cmon, you guys are becoming full of shit. I thought this was an Anime
community? Where people
submit their art or wall? and talk about Anime? Or was I all wrong and
are we now some sort of KKK.

I only agree with the wallpapers' part - there are wonderful wallpapers out there to simply just visualize and see, and I find nothing wrong with that. Actually - I wouldn't mind it either if it stayed there - as I stated above, but however I just don't like to see ripped wallpapers from other websites sent here. It obviously is wrong. That's the only real thing I'm against.

And of course, if you are really angry about the whole entire ordeal, your call. MT is in need of improvements and many are insulted by what you have to say as well, least you forget. This is becoming more of a war of whether which kinds of wallpapers do deserve to belong here in the first place and which don't belong here at all.

Figure out that this is a community where opinions are in a greater sort of variety and obviously some people will think a little differently than what you do. Some are for this movement and some are against, so there are bound to be arguments no matter where this goes.

Like StarCentury quoted, its probably best not to outburst some of your key points directly to all the mods and members here on MT like that - it's going to do no good - and you did said your peace - I'm sure you will have something more to say in the future to come - that is not my problem of course.

My stance after hearing what exentric had to say did change my position a little. I have to be a fence-sitter in this case now - because even I am questioning what wallpapers should've been deleted and what not. But alas - if there is a reason to ever cause such a deletion, there has to be one. I just want to give my utter most sympathies to those who do appreciate the finer pictures of art here on MT - that's why I came here to the first place.

We all have different tastes and standards upon wallpapers here, you know. This might not be the end of the discussion of course, but now I am even doubting about what's really going on.

I just woke up to hear such terrible news, and I'm completely shocked and surprised as well.

"No matter where you go, no matter how tough life may be, just remember that always in your heart, you will still be loved."

Signature

Keltosh

Retired Moderator

Keltosh

Inquisitor on hiatus

Updated yet again with a section on how is quality and effort judged for wallpapers

Signature
I am now on hiatus from moderating due to my thesis.
One of my favorite game ever: Mordor: The Depths Of Dejenol Community
The beautiful signature is from Biriwilg

mr-freakybig

Mr_Freakybig

Hmm well allright. Its the last thing I'm going to say.

Whatever the mods do, they can do as they please, and yes
I guess the mods arent attacking people, but just making judgement calls,
good ones and bad.
But, my comment on this whole thing stands:

You cant judge a wall/artwork on how long people have worked on it, because
there ARE people out there who are just beginning and need the advice.
..and it is inappropriate to give people inappropriate automessages, because it
raises serious doubt in wether or not a beginning artist should post here or not.

Furthermore, in order not to complain, because I dont wanna sound like
Mr_Paininthebutt, and I know complaining has become useless here
because I think the mods are approaching this the WRONG way,
I have put up an ANNOUNCEMENT in all my gallery entries for people to see
that my wallpapers/artwork might soon be deleted because of this whole ordeal.
Also I am rethinking of posting my entries in here ever again, because I
am one of the people who actually liked minitokyo for its quality and functionality
and that feeling is quite gone nowadays.

I want people to know what is going on, and that I am not going ot stand for it,
and that it might happen to them.

Furthermore, I am happy I have backed up most of my work,
A piece of advice to all you newbies out there, BACK YOUR WORK UP! EVERYTIME!
You never know when shit like this might happen. Ive learnt from my mistakes
in life as a Graphic Designer, thats why I am here today and why I can make my art
AS GOOD AS I CAN.

Thats all.

lbbros

Flame of Corruption

Well, as much as these "regulations" want to promote "quality", there's a rather heavy risk of ending up being elitist. I stopped going to other places because of the way wallpapers (they were pages about wallpapers) were criticized. Note, I'm not saying they shouldn't have been criticized (there's always room for improvement in everything), but in the way they were. And I'm starting to see signs of that attitude even here. Bad news...

I belong to no group.

chibicow

chibicow

i_miss_MT_1.0

Wow - what a huge fuss this has caused - imo i would say that although it is important to keep members happy theres not alot we (the little people) can do about it, now is there?
I mean, who can stop the mods from deleting scans - walls etc, not us!

Anyway, i think its good that MT will be cleaned up - i've spent hours sometimes searching through hundreds of pics - trying to find good quality scans for use in my work; it gets on my nerves when i find the right image but its just not worth the hassle of having to extract, clean up whatever... to make it look at least half decent to present!

At least this way - myself and others like me will find the right stuff when we need and want it!

I hope that makes sense!?! please by all means critique my gallery i would rather learn from my mistakes and do a better job in the future than to post crap scans and walls and cause trouble for/ dissapoint others!
okay. im done!

lbbros

Flame of Corruption

If I find a "bad" image, I spend the time to clean and the like, usually, even if it's " a crap scan". The reason? I might not find it elsewhere.

I belong to no group.

mmmmm... Imagine that your boss at work or your teacher at school says one day : "Your work is not all that bad, but you should put more effort or creativity in it. You'll have to improve !"
That actually happens a lot of times. So you continue and try to work or study harder and better to improve your work.
Then again, imagine if that same boss or teacher says : "You made your work and the result is there, but you should put more effort, time or creativity in it. I will throw away your work, because it's not good enough".
Who would appreciate this ?
Fortunately, making wallpapers seems just a hobby to me.
Must be a tough decision to go through the galleries for a clean up.

Ahhh... even coming out of lurk mode to say this. This really needs to be done, and I thank you for it. I tried reporting what didn't fit standards out of a few directories, and most of the reports were ignored, lost in the shuffle or not processed.

calisqo

calisqo

::RERAITO::

Good work ^_^.
I'm sure its hard job but it's for the better of community someone gotta do the dirty work.
check my gallery too i have some unwanted works too ^_^ (especially my earlier one)

page 3 of 5 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next » 101 total items

Back to Minitokyo Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.