Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Serious opinions. - Minitokyo

Serious opinions.

page 1 of 1 6 total items

khyewei

khyewei

Den The Man

ok, the reason i put up this thread is to gather as many opinions about Ikkitousen, Yami to boushi to hon no & tenjho tenge. I've so far collected KGNE dvd set as well as Green Green. I personally recommend Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien to everyone who is interested in drama/love story. Never have i seen a drama series so touching, so perfect that this masterpiece is better than real dramas.

As for Green Green, i recommend it mainly to guys because of its funny scenes and the high degree of ecchi-ness ^_^ Although i've watched it few times already it never fails to make me laugh. So as u can see, i've got 2 DVD sets so far and now i'm goin after 3 more anime series which i have just mention above. Since the original dvds are all imported from Japan, it's kinda expensive here in my country. so i gotta be careful and choose wisely when it comes to buying these series. Opinions from everyone is welcomed.

Keiichi-K1

Belldandy, my goddess

of the anime in your list i have only seen kgne, Tenjou Tenge and watching Green Green.
Tenjou Tenge is a very good martial arts anime. If you're into action and deep story then i would recommend it. Plus it's got a fair bit of fan service, a plus especially if you like Green Green. However i should tell you Tenjou Tenge does not have the best of endings, it's non-conclusive and a bit rushed, but that doesn't spoil the whole thing. Hope this helps!

artgeek12

artgeek12

the curious Art Fox

I've seen Ikkitousen and Tenjou Tenge. Keiichi is right, Tenjou has really cool fight scenes and tons of fan service. Having read the manga as well as watched the anime, I can tell you that they really did rush the ending trying to conclude (try being the operative word) the series within 24 eps. Oh Great (the mangaka) is known for his fan servicing but also for his deep and intricate storylines. Although enjoyable, I felt that it was a little disappointing.

Ikkitousen is somewhere along the same lines. Didn't read the manga though. The fights are awsome! Very fluid. Good animation. Enough fan service for anyone. Put it this way, the main character...her entire wardrobe rips off in every fight and there are pantsu galore! o_0 The story was interesting but they never followed through with plot leads and by the end of the 13 episode series (very short) I had more questions than anything else.

If you want decent anime you can enjoy and add to your collection the I say go for it. They are nice additions but if you're looking for something that was well planned during creation and that will leave you satisfied by the end, i'd say pass. Hope this helps! :nya:

Artgeek12 - Proud member of NewWaveProject!
Signature
Organizer of the Olympiad Project, where everyone one is needed and welcome!

shinsengumi

Retired Moderator

shinsengumi

. . . remember me?

I have to say that I was not very impressed with the animation for Tenjou Tenge. . . and the opening and ending themes were pretty bad as well. But, it let me fill up time between other series, as it was still mildly entertaining, with fairly good fight scenes. Like artgeek12 mentioned, the last few episodes of Tenjou Tenge do seem rushed. . . and in fact, there is no conclusion.

So. . . it's a mixed bag. Your call. . . personally, I think that while it was enjoyable, the anime isn't anything special. The manga, on the other hand, has some really nice artwork.

s h i n s e n g u m i
Minitokyo Policy, Forum, Review, and Category Maintenance Moderator Emeritus

Do not expect to be applauded when you do the right thing, and do not expect to be forgiven when you err, but even your enemies will respect commitment, and a conscience at peace is worth a thousand tainted victories.

kuclo

kuclo

My broken wings

i still i did not watch ikkitousen,about tenjho tengen,foir me was dissapointed,iwas hoping something better,about green green ,i goint to watch in this days,and kimi ga nozomu eien,looks a good drama anime,i will give a try

Tienes el valor?o te vale
Signature
Remember minitokyo is just not another site ,it's a home ,enjoy being be member of this family

Tatsumi09

Tatsumi09

Seeker of Inner Peace

Tenjou Tenge started off really good, but seriously became worse than crap later (After first 6-9 eps). This is because the anime can't contain all the info that is in the manga (Note: The manga is way better, more thorough deep and enjoyable, even though there is more ecchiness in it). [Get the manga if you can, don't recommend anime].

Green Green was light, actually too light for me. I didn't really enjoy it. IMO, most hentai games that are turned into anime series, I find really un-enjoyable.

Ikkitousen and Yami to hon..... I didn't see either >.<

page 1 of 1 6 total items

Back to General Anime & Manga Talk | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.