Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 is totally spies an anime - Minitokyo

is totally spies an anime

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 35 total items

smilebit

smilebit

aristocat

has anyone seen that cartoon on cartoon network called totally spies? its is so cool. super cheesy and low frame-rate and not that good of a story, but it is valley girls who are super spies! that is way cool! to me it feels like a an american anime thing-a-ma-gig. yeah. oh, and that new one on disney, WITCH. ooh, yeah.

Signature

Jinzhou

Retired Moderator

Jinzhou

Forsaken God

I would say no. It has some aspects of anime... the sweat-drop faces, facevaults...etc, but it's not really "anime".

Signature
Yes, I am god. Infallibility at its greatest.

Zuri-chan

Zuri-chan

Megane to Neko

For one thing, it isnt anime. the creators probably think what makes anime anime is the art and stuff...they just took the look but basically its the usual boring american cartoon. --.--

Signature

*Freelance Waller Again~*
"A lady should be elegant." - Lumiere

michiko326

michiko326

super freak

I don't think it's anime...but I sure do like it. It's also from France, so why they're in Beverly Hills i don't know.

RAHR!

you know... western cartoon nowadays are heavily influenced by anime

CyanideBlizzard

Retired Moderator

CyanideBlizzard

Margarita Time!

American done, but its got an anime style to it. I've begun to notice it alot lately with cartoons.....Alot of them have taken an 'anime' like approach to them.....even comics are going for a 'manga' style....but its funny cause they still are read like normal comics....so its not really manga....@_@. But yeah.....thats the closest thing to anime you'll get....when I first saw it I was like "O.o.....Well isn't that special" Not half bad of an attempt if I do say so myself.

Quote by Zuri-chanthey just took the look but basically its the usual boring american cartoon. --.--

Haha...I grew up on those 'usual boring American cartoons' and half of them aren't boring to me. Though thats your opinion, just that you never thought that others would like 'boring cartoons'. Oh well, we all learn something new each day.

Signature Image

Survey says.......*DING!* Nope....not anime. :\

~ I'm holding myself for ransom, dial 1-800-fake-number, and meet me with ONE HUNDRED BILLION DOLLARS...or you'll never see me again. XD

If anime=animation, then yes.
As we basicly percieve Anime in the West... no.

Personaly, I don't much care for the series.

This new breed of sudo-anime is a bit annoying. Just by taking a few superphishal apects of Anime, or just plain mimicry as I see it, is no way for studios outside of Japan to make real Anime. The real draw of Anime is it's attention to detail, high quality animation and ground breaking stories.... not sweat drops and big eyes. Not until these latest generation of Anime fans grow up and start creating new Anime and Manga in the US (or where ever).... I see this current trend continueing.

Athrun

Athrun

Flying Chain Chomp

Are you kidding me? How dare you compare a french show to the greatness of japanese animation! >_>

Anyway, it's done by French ppl. The same goes for Code: Lyoko and maybe Teen Titans? Not sure about Ninja Turtles tho...

These shows are what I like to call "anime-wannabes". :P

Still buying pokemon cards?
My Ebay!
Don't miss out on very rare stuff! *Japanese Shiny Krookodile*, Full Art Ho-oh EX and Elesa deck sleeves! Very hard to find and very expensive from Japanese sellers! Get them while they're at a low cost! Ending very soon!

zephiris26

zephiris26

Vector Addict [TM]

No, Totally Spies is not anime. Y'see, Americans making Japanese animation doesn't sound right, now does it?
1) It's american/from france/NOT Japanese.
2) It's an anime rip-off.

Quote by AthrunThese shows are what I like to call "anime-wannabes". :P

Exactly.

that whole line of shows that replaced toonami in the afternoons really pissed me off. Now instead of the good old fashioned toonami thats been on since 1997, All I have to watch is some retarded french POS. >=0000000~~~~~!!!!!!!!

that whole line of shows that replaced toonami in the afternoons really pissed me off. Now instead of the good old fashioned toonami thats been on since 1997, All I have to watch is some retarded french POS. >=0000000~~~~~!!!!!!!!

gokuraku

gokuraku

non-linear structural blackout

sheesh... is it japanese? no. thus not anime. it's as simple as that, and don't say it has some anime-style char design, it gives me the shivers just thinking about it!

fooblued

fooblued

British Fetishist

It is a poor imposter of the anime I've been exposed to, if they had made this ten years ago when I was just getting hooked on the first season of sailomoon. I might have been a viewer, but they're a day late and a dollar short on the anime game.

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

LilYumeStar

LilYumeStar

krazii Fool

dont think it's anime either x.x it's like anime wannabes T.T it pisses mee off to c people tryin to make things like this T.T such posers =( rawr i dont think teen titans and ami yumi are either even though they have japanese people singing the opening and blah

Signature

Mordin

Mordin

The Wise One

so when we say "anime", do we only accept it as anime when it is from a japanese creator, because i don't quite understand the standard for anime. What do we use to base our judgement for what anime actually is.

Signature
Thank you einna for the siggy :)

Purplefire

Purplefire

Evil Guinea Pig Scientist

Quote by CyanideBlizzardAmerican done, but its got an anime style to it. I've begun to notice it alot lately with cartoons.....Alot of them have taken an 'anime' like approach to them.....even comics are going for a 'manga' style....but its funny cause they still are read like normal comics....so its not really manga....@_@. But yeah.....thats the closest thing to anime you'll get....when I first saw it I was like "O.o.....Well isn't that special" Not half bad of an attempt if I do say so myself.

Quote by Zuri-chanthey just took the look but basically its the usual boring american cartoon. --.--

Haha...I grew up on those 'usual boring American cartoons' and half of them aren't boring to me. Though thats your opinion, just that you never thought that others would like 'boring cartoons'. Oh well, we all learn something new each day.

I agree with CY. But you know the word "Anime" means created by a Japanese artist? Anime will always be made for and in Japan. Anything outside is just "Anime-inspired" which i see nothing wrong with, theres alot of them starting. Powerpull Girls. Totally Spies. Teen Titans. There all fine and all but they will never ever be called Anime, because they were not made in Japan. Get what I mean, and the show is cute, even though i hate valley girls, something about it amuses me. How ditzy and unrealistic they are makes it funny to me.

Signature

Of course they're not anime they just want to copy it
Like LilYumeStar said "it's like anime wannabes "
Like it better when everything was umm... pink x_x
That is just my opinion OX *boink* ^_^'
Anime will allways be just anime and like purple fire said other stuff is just "anime inspired"

Distortion

Distortion

Bwahahaha!

Not truely and anime but done with a similar drawing style but not exactly, I call it Acme<--(if you don't get this I will personaly hunt you down and slap you!) bwahahahaha j/k, but basically it's still and american cartton with hints of the anime style of drawing, they have been doing it to many cartoons lately also just take a deep breath and notice this beautiful and ugly world around you! oh wait... this is television! plop your ass down and flip through channels all the while letting the programs to suck the life force and intelligence from your body! Alright I'm done.

Signature
Remember kids! Violence cures cancer!
"You're liquefied, betch!", Frylock.

calibretto23

calibretto23

Open your eyes...

I consider stuff either anime or not based on the story and in a small way the animation... Most anime have complicated stories with richly made characters that most times don't follow sterotypical lines... This show is just clueless with spy crap mixed in... i gotta say its not my cup o' tea cause i go for the more in depth ones the ones that tell a deeper story between good and evil... that and i hate for my heroines say "fer sure"

Signature Image

------------------------------------

Proud Member of:
|Hardcore-gamers| |Dub-Lovers-Group| |Fight-Club| |MT-singles| |FinalFantasyFans| |Samurai|

Electrastar

Electrastar

MT's official Roy fangirl

I think it's a joined production of America and France. Nope it's not anime, just done in the anime style. It's like how some American comic book artists have developped a anime-ish style. But it can't be called anime since it isn't from Japan.

Signature Image

smilebit

smilebit

aristocat

thanks. that helps me out alot. to clear things up a little. personally i don't consider Totally Spies or witch or Teen Titans or Powerpuff Girls or any of those other like animations to be anime, but as others have said, to have been influenced by anime. i asked the question because i am starting my own animation of sorts and i have a style i want to do, and i know now how it would have been viewed. in a way. oh, and electrastar, what is this keroro? it looks interesting.

Signature

gokuraku

gokuraku

non-linear structural blackout

Quote by calibretto23I consider stuff either anime or not based on the story and in a small way the animation...

i beg to disagree... if you use anime you must be referring to japanese animation, the same way you use (or should) the word manga, when referring to japanese comics.

it's japanese period. either it's korean or chinese or european or any other nationality, it's not anime, maybe you can use the word "animation"

shouldn't be more than that... the same way we, westerners use the term "otaku" as something to be proud of *sigh* it's not really something abonatory, but that's a completely different subject and it's not under discussion XD

Totally Spies could never be an anime.

thank you for your time!

For one thing, it isnt anime. the creators probably think what makes anime anime is the art and stuff...they just took the look but basically its the usual boring american cartoon. --.--
so when we say "anime", do we only accept it as anime when it is from a japanese creator, because i don't quite understand the standard for anime. What do we use to base our judgement for what anime actually is.

----------------------------------------------------------------(...)

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 35 total items

Back to General Anime & Manga Talk | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.