Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Cutting advise - Minitokyo

Cutting advise

page 1 of 1 10 total items

boogybro

boogybro

Doing the happy dance.

Now I know how good the pen tool is and fully what it is capable of, but I tend not to use when I say......cut out an image for making a wallpaper. Infact I've never even tried doing that. What do you guys prefer to use? The polygonal lasso tool or the pen tool?

Signature

I use Filter > Extract. Polygonal lasso is frustrating because if you make a mistake, you have to backtrack/start all over. As for the pen tool, I'm sure it's just as time-consuming as Extract. The outcome would be pretty much the same if you used either tool.

boogybro

boogybro

Doing the happy dance.

Argh Extract, that's about the only thing on photoshop that I don't know how to work. x__x I'm using the pen tool as I type, the results are like 10x better then using the polygonal lasso tool, and it's surprisingly fast to use. Should have used it earlier. XD

Signature

Celessa

Retired Moderator

Celessa

Okaerinasai - Welcome Home

I do mine by pixelation actually - its a pain because if you miss one white spot - it doesn't look good on a background - heck - its tough already as it is - lol - so I keep slashing it 1 pixel by pixel to the right under a different background than white - lets say dark red for example - and see if it extracts fully that way - if it doesn't - and if you make one mistake - good-bye picture pretty much X_x

"No matter where you go, no matter how tough life may be, just remember that always in your heart, you will still be loved."

Signature

r33an

*Assasin*

same as Satyricon i use "Extract" to cut an image.
also i use magnetic lasso tool, i think it's better than polygonal lasso tool :D
but some times i use magic wand if the bg of the char doesn't have much color ... :D

Signature

KorganoS

KorganoS

Busy atm ^_^;;

mmm. pen tool for me... ^^
btw, I believe there was a thread about this stuff long ago... but I'm not sure... ^_^'

For HQ anime pieces of art
visit : [FRAGMENTS] - www.crash.inweb.dk

i use magnatic lasso too/eraser/ magic wand............i never even tried working with pen tool or the Extract filter......might do that with future cut-outs

Signature

fooblued

fooblued

British Fetishist

I tend to use the magnetic tool, or the polygonal if it's sticky, then clean up with eraser. I've never used the extract, but now I'll play with it. thank you!

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

artgeek12

artgeek12

the curious Art Fox

I've used the polygonal lasso tool and quickmask mode. Extract is also a very good way. When it is large solid shapes, like bodies, I use the polygonal tool with the option of smooth. That's just so I don't get many jagged edges.

The quick mask mode works like extract but is a little more straight forward. I enter quickmask, I color in the areas I want. Exit quick mask. Reverse the selection the either delete or just create a new layer. It seems complicated but I've gotten quick at it. I use this method for the fine, fine details. It's just a personal preference though.

i say if it works then it's a good technique! :D

Artgeek12 - Proud member of NewWaveProject!
Signature
Organizer of the Olympiad Project, where everyone one is needed and welcome!

Electrastar

Electrastar

MT's official Roy fangirl

Pen tool for me. I used to be pretty bad at it, but using it over and over, I've become pretty darn good with it. And you develop speed with it as well, goes with the experience so it doesn't take that much time to extract a picture.

Signature Image

page 1 of 1 10 total items

Back to Art | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.