Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 There's an earthquake - Minitokyo

There's an earthquake

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 30 total items

Right, I have news. Terrrible news. An incident had occured. There had been an earthquake/tidal wave called 'Tsunami' had hit all over the place. Many people died from that incident. Apparently, in Malaysia, it occured in 26 December, Sunday, probably 11.00am.
Unfortunately, I can't tell the whole story, because 2 of the newspapers that we were wanting to buy had been sold out. So if you want the story, check this sites out:
MSN's news
Yahoo's news
Google's news

Latest Wall[s]: Gravity ReDefined

At my place, in Malaysia, there were aftershock, from the quake. Patients had to be evacuated from the hospital. Until now 21 people died mostly spending time on the beach. Damm tsunamie took them off guard

evasion

evasion

KittyPuchiko has caught evasion!

omg. i read some of the articles you posted links for - thnx. are you guys alright? i hope so.

Signature

Visit me at http://www.trigmax.com/funstuff/evasion
(website currently down...*cries*)

Yeah, I'm okay. Actually, in the afternoon, I was sleeping. So I didn't felt any earth shaking. ^^' Heh. ^^'

Yeah i saw it on the news terrible already more than 7000 people died and many people are missing :( really bad, most of the people are killed by the tsunami's...

Nizna

Nizna

How Troublesome...

Seems that this world isnt save...
Poor people.... Rest in Peace..... I hope....

Signature

Thanks to Sakura Hyuuga, I'm yet a Neji and Hinata fan too^.^=

Vinitachi

Vinitachi

Azndude

8.9... That huge. The after shock are no joke either. 6-7+.
Best of luck to the people and family that got hit by this earthquake.

Learning little by little.
Signature

Nemontine89

Nemontine89

~Stoner~

The news articles said that this was the biggest quake in 40yrs.
Pray for all those effected, this is really sad :(

Signature
	Image Woof? XD

gokuraku

gokuraku

non-linear structural blackout

the stupid thing is... there was a period between the tremor and the resulting tidal wave (tsunami) that could be used to prevent such a huge loss of people. in the pacific ocean they have mean to prevent these happenings. they can "predict" tidal waves and such and therefore warn anyone endangered by it.

Yeah I heard about it too, I have family in Malaysia, I hope they're okay, and I hope all of you there are okay too! It's a horrible ordeal and I hope everything will be okay. My deepest regards to those that are lost and to those whose lives are gone. It's so sad.

Signature Image

Celessa

Retired Moderator

Celessa

Okaerinasai - Welcome Home

Found it, tis terrible - and my condolensces to those who are lost in the terrible disaster. Best of luck and good wishes of course.

"No matter where you go, no matter how tough life may be, just remember that always in your heart, you will still be loved."

Signature

Sugasuga

Sugasuga

Kaz ?

wow, yea i just heard it from the news! it was really terrible! i watched it and the earthquake looked pretty terrifying. hope u guys are doing ok.

Signature

AngelKate

AngelKate

~*Lady Sweetness*~

Oh my gosh!! Those poor people! My prayers go out to your country in hopes that as many people as possible are recovered safely, and also to those who have lost loved ones in this incident. :(

Signature
Not really walling much anymore D: Feel free to browse my gallery, though!
Thank you for the siggy and avy, Kitten! ^_^

ShindouShuichi

ShindouShuichi

I don't CARE about destiny.

Oh Wow.... I heard from my dad that no one knew that they were coming...

Funkyshoes

Shoes of Funky

All i can say is we all remember the ppl affected in our prayers. i hope nobody from MT was hurt and if you do know someone who has been affected by this event remember you have friends here that will help

Now matter how hard you try you will never put me down, i have had a hard life and because of it i have been toughened. All i need is a nice pair of Funky Shoes and i know life will always go on. Peace to the world, I love you

Quote by ShindouShuichiOh Wow.... I heard from my dad that no one knew that they were coming...

Yes, it's quite true nobody knew it. We were caught off guard and there was no warning.

Quote by gokurakuthe stupid thing is... there was a period between the tremor and the resulting tidal wave (tsunami) that could be used to prevent such a huge loss of people. in the pacific ocean they have mean to prevent these happenings. they can "predict" tidal waves and such and therefore warn anyone endangered by it.

The particular tsunami detection network in place in the Pacific Ocean is non-existant in the area that was hit buy the quake on Sunday.

Signature
	Image[/img]

exentric

exentric

Plain Lazy

yah I live in Malaysia so I knew about this.
though I live quite far from penang, I dont really feel the shock. well maybe because I was sleeping. ^_^"
from the newspaper today, 45 were killed and the searched are still ongoing.
man this is like 1 of Malaysia worst nature disasters.
and in indonesia, it was like really bad. same goes for sri lanka...
lets just hope no more bodies are found and no more of this will happen.

*ahem* I just heard my dad saying that there would be another tidal wave coming over Malaysia tonight. This is the 2nd wave. He just watched NTV7 news (the tv channel in Malaysia).

Picard

Picard

The Wanderer

Ha... Thank god Singapore wasn't affected much. Only a tiny tremor happened that doesn't do anything except make people feel dizzy, that's all. I'm still alive and well, currently hooked onto the anime Naruto. XP

Well, my mom's friend was there, staying in a hotel... I heard the hotel was hit by the wave, but she lived to tell the tale. Singapore doesn't have much of any news, so I guess this incident will repeat in the news for quite a while. I didn't feel the shock at all... probably because I was too into watching the Chunnin Exam. ^-^;;

Death of the old, birth of the new. It's a never-ending cycle.

einna

einna

*kisu* ^.~

Yeah... it's in the news here in the Philippines. It was assumed that it might go here too..>.< And not only that, there are strong storms that are coming here, I guess. I'm hoping and praying it will turn around again just like last time.

Signature

akai

akai

`Procrastinator` ~ t(_ _ t)

Quote by PicardHa... Thank god Singapore wasn't affected much. Only a tiny tremor happened that doesn't do anything except make people feel dizzy, that's all. I'm still alive and well, currently hooked onto the anime Naruto. XP
Well, my mom's friend was there, staying in a hotel... I heard the hotel was hit by the wave, but she lived to tell the tale. Singapore doesn't have much of any news, so I guess this incident will repeat in the news for quite a while. I didn't feel the shock at all... probably because I was too into watching the Chunnin Exam. ^-^;;

Didn't you watch the news this evening, Picard?
The news report was entirely about the incident.
It was so terrible... so many people died (latest: more than 20,000).

O.o Infestation of Ichigoism o.O

exentric

exentric

Plain Lazy

Quote by TakamuraReiji*ahem* I just heard my dad saying that there would be another tidal
wave coming over Malaysia tonight. This is the 2nd wave. He just
watched NTV7 news (the tv channel in Malaysia).

yah I heard this from a new in a radio.
well its just a predicton. its not wrong to pray for it not to happen now right? ^_^

white-zero

white-zero

Left this part of the universe.

Yea. Just hope that the tidal wave doesn't reach your home. Or else, all the awesome walls inside the PC will gone. XD

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 30 total items

Back to Love, Friends & Family | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.