Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 There's an earthquake - Minitokyo

There's an earthquake

page 2 of 2 « Previous 1 2 30 total items

Karolina

Karolina

cool breeze over the mountains

Oh! I've seen this terrible message in the news and i've read about this...This is very sad, so many people died .....whit our world is something bad going on. I've read that in Sri Lanka was 10,897 people killed, in India - 6,823 killed, in Thailand - 1000 killed, the consequences of tsunami reach even Africa (many people died in Somalia ) In all cuz of earthquake and tsunemi over the 23,000 people died.
This is very sad news for all of us ...I think :(

Those were the days my friend We thought they'd never end...

Purplefire

Purplefire

Evil Guinea Pig Scientist

That is really a sad news. I feel sorry for the ones that had to see the tsunami from the beach and knew what fate awaited them, still curious as to what their final thoughts were. Rest in peace.

Signature

Fulle

Fulle

Paladin

I just heard this news here becouse I don't like tv... we only can pray for people and...sorry, I can't explain it with words.
I think the governments will help a little this people... but it is my humble opinion.

Bye and sorry for this

smilebit

smilebit

aristocat

Quote by griffon

Quote by gokurakuthe stupid thing is... there was a period between the tremor and the resulting tidal wave (tsunami) that could be used to prevent such a huge loss of people. in the pacific ocean they have mean to prevent these happenings. they can "predict" tidal waves and such and therefore warn anyone endangered by it.

The particular tsunami detection network in place in the Pacific Ocean is non-existant in the area that was hit buy the quake on Sunday.

still. that sort of technology should be available to those countries and regions that do not have in order to prevent such phenominal loses, last i heard 22 thousand had died. and hopefully, even though a second wave is just a prediction, they will be ready for it, and less people will lose their lives. i'm so sorry for those of you who have had to go through this. and i send out my hope and love to those lost.

Signature

My aunt's relitives live around there..hope they all turned out ok.

Picard

Picard

The Wanderer

Quote by akai

Quote by PicardHa... Thank god Singapore wasn't affected much. Only a
tiny tremor happened that doesn't do anything except make people feel
dizzy, that's all. I'm still alive and well, currently hooked onto the
anime Naruto. XP
Well, my mom's friend was there, staying in a hotel... I heard the
hotel was hit by the wave, but she lived to tell the tale. Singapore
doesn't have much of any news, so I guess this incident will repeat in
the news for quite a while. I didn't feel the shock at all... probably
because I was too into watching the Chunnin Exam. ^-^;;

Didn't you watch the news this evening, Picard? The news report was
entirely about the incident. It was so terrible... so many people died
(latest: more than 20,000).

Yes, I did. And also, today in Channel 5's Channel News Asia, it was also entirely about the incident, as well as the afternoon's news. Man, it was horrifying to see those people get swept into the vast ocean helplessly like insects. If my memory serves me right, about 500 Malaysians died, too.

Rest in peace...

Death of the old, birth of the new. It's a never-ending cycle.

page 2 of 2 « Previous 1 2 30 total items

Back to Love, Friends & Family | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.