Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Intelligence ~ - Minitokyo

Intelligence ~

page 1 of 1 20 total items

winterlilac09

winterlilac09

white freed by her savior~

Do you think that a person's intelligence can be based mainly upon a test, such as an IQ test? Or is there more to it than just that and a person's personality has something to do with it as well?

Post your opnion here and please, I only want to know what you think. I didn't post this thread to have any fights started. ~ Thanks in advanced. :)

f a l l i n g . i n t o . s w e e t . c e l e s t i a l . d r e a m
l i g h t . i n . s h e e r . a n d . s i m p l e . s l e e p

Signature Image

It actually depends on what you like to call intellegence. With some ppl they think book smarts is intellegence, while others don't think so. If people can't agree on what intellegence exactly is, then no written test can be made to test it. Most IQ tests only test book smarts, so they don't really reflect much of anything.

shhho

shhz!

i have no idea.. but well.. i dun really care how much intelligence i have. im sure there are many ppl who are more intelligent than me. i'm ok with myself. hehe ... IQ tests are general tests to find out how ppl think and their ability to think i think.. but i dun think its really very accurate to use it to judge on the intelligence of ppl. for example, not everyone takes the test at the same condition? like same time when they have the mood to do so... etc.. lol
nya. just crapping. lol ^_^;

Bisuketto

Bisuketto

"Conversational Fountain"

I havent learned the "quote" function yet... ironic? we are talking about intellegence....
"halcyonTwilight: It actually depends on what you like to call intellegence" I agree with this... I'm fairly competant at uni... but outside I'm rather on the back foot >< dodging and weaving opinionated debates and issues that need consise and quick answers.. Intellegence is mainly associated with acedemic knowledge so in that case a test is quite ok. But I don't like the IQ tests that are formulated? they mainly test brain recognition which can sometimes not be learned and there are not many life-applicable situations tested... I don't expect it to be a moral test... but survival for instance... some techniques require great knowledge inorder to live in certain environments.

'I set the timers for six minutes, the same six minutes you gave me, it was the least I could do for a friend'
'If it's not broken, don't fix it'
Signature

Anjhurin

Linguistics

Anjhurin

ARIA sanchou

well i quite agree with everything said above, and anyway IQ test doesn't reflect anything, since your knowlegde grows everyday or so (ahah hum maybe not mine ^_^' )........ so you can become intelligent or go dumb, even if you took an IQ test saying that you've got 130 or something
btw, intelligent ppl according to IQ tests have a higher rate of suicide and depression, and it's usually said that it's because we can't understand them or something..... but isn't it stupid for someone who's bright to commit suicide, when he could try and understand others, or modify things for a better world?? that's giving up, and that's not a form of intelligence !! XO
plus there are so many different forms of intelligence, like hand intelligence (can i build a house or a wooden boat by myself??? no !!), or the ability you have to communicate with others and understand them ............

Hmmm.... tough question. When you think about an IQ test it covers many different aspects of the intellect... one of which is a form of testing ones "common sense" which to me, is the greatest factor in someones intelligence. Unfortunately these days I've met few people that have any great aptitude in the field of "Common Sense", though I personally believe it to be more important than book smarts by miles and is also something very difficult to test properly on paper. So I suppose my answer is No... I don't think a persons intelligence can be based solely on a test.

einna

einna

*kisu* ^.~

Actually, EQ is more important then IQ. I don't believe intelligence can be measured by quizzes or tests. Nobody knows you better than yourself.

Signature

autumnchill

autumnchill

~.::.Memento Mori.::.~

Does this relate to Flowers for Algernon? But I must say that my answer is no. A series of test could judge one's intelligence, but not just one. That would only determine only a portion of one's intelligence, and not to mention, personality.

~.:: R E M E M B E R - T H A T - Y O U - W I L L - D I E ::.~

calisqo

calisqo

::RERAITO::

intelegence is based on your effort to be smart.
Even u have high intelegence without effort it'll mean nothing .
Hope this help ^_^

i'm actually somewhere in the top 5-7% if you go by standard iq test results, but my school grades where *really* bad, coz it wasnt revealed till i was like 17 so i never learned how to use my potential. so potential != actual smartness in real life

Quote by rblacki'm actually somewhere in the top 5-7% if you go by standard iq test results, but my school grades where *really* bad, coz it wasnt revealed till i was like 17 so i never learned how to use my potential. so potential != actual smartness in real life

In relation to this, people are more often than not more intellegent than they seem to be, for personality and motivation plays a big role in how one goes about everyday life. There could be a vastly intellegent person who recieves bad grades because he/she isn't motivated to try or because of other reasons. And no test can incorporate those factors into their grading system.

To put it simply, the results of any test isn't valid because it doesn't truly take in what has happened around you in addition to what you have learned in life.

rslgto

rslgto

Der Wille zur Macht

A person's intelligence is not measure by a simple IQ test. I think intelligence should be measured in a different way by several, different methods. I think IQ tests are very biased because it only measures certain aspects and then averages them out. This is totally incorrect. A man can be intelligent in different areas-- art, mathematics, science, philosophy. We all have different strenghts and weaknesses. A man can be an analytical or creative genius.

"Condemn me, it does not matter. History will absolve me!" - Fidel Castro

~Run Kasumi Run!~

LucyXlostangelwings

LucyXlostangelwings

Tomorrow's Way~

IQs tests only examinate you logic. NOT your intelligence.
A lot of things are involved in the determination of our intelligence which cannot be measured by a measly IQ test.
For example: things like your personality, the way you see the world and your habits can all contribute to your intelligence.
It is all a matter of individuality.

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

Quote by shhhoIQ tests are general tests to find out how ppl
think and their ability to think i think..

Meh, I think so too! IQ tests examine the level at which you think ad whether your strengths lie in spatial reasoning or in some other intelligence.

...*ramble*

CyanideBlizzard

Retired Moderator

CyanideBlizzard

Margarita Time!

Quote by einnaActually, EQ is more important then IQ. I don't believe intelligence can be measured by quizzes or tests. Nobody knows you better than yourself.

This truth can't be stressed enough. Tests can only base on what you know of a certain amount of material at times, even then they can be very inaccurate. Though some people at times even underestimate how smart they are, so its really difficult to say if we can truly grasp something like that overall or not. Many can but few can't. I, for one, consider myself to be very stupid even though I've got an IQ that tells me I'm a genius. So I suppose its confidence in yourself and just striving. I believe that if you work hard enough, you can achieve what you want....though theres always the possibility of failing....but that shouldn't mean you should give up.

Signature Image

I have a very high IQ but am not motivated. I also have a really passive nature which I could attribute to my intelligence, so I suppose that my intelligence influences my personality...

-Never love anything, for it will be taken away-
-Death is not the end of life, contrarily it is the beginning of it-
-I do not care so much that they respect me, only that they fear me-
-Happily-ever-after is a lie-

some people think book smarts is intelligence (the ability to memorize vast amounts of detail), but if they're not able to apply it, then it doesn't mean much. IQ tests measure logic, and i think that is one part of intelligence, but not all of it.

"SING like no one's listening, DANCE like no one's watching, LOVE like you've never been hurt."

i'd say no becuz an sum ppl dont usually do well on IQ tests becuz they think its not important, which does not give their 100%effort in it. so basically, u'll never kno u'll intelligence by just a simple test...>.<

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

The IQ is a nice idea, but it needs more work if it is going to be acurate.
I think intelligence is how much a person can combine ideas, analise things to simpler things and to rememmber thing.

DakX

DakX

Inactivity strikes again

IQ is fun but its not real. There are so much more tings that could help you in such a test. Or maybe your in love and you can't think strait en you get a 96. That would nog be fair.

Please excuse but my english isn't very wel but I am still learning.

page 1 of 1 20 total items

Back to Off-topic Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.