Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 What do you think is the game with the best graphics to date? - Minitokyo

What do you think is the game with the best graphics to date?

page 1 of 1 22 total items

buggydude

buggydude

Now comes with 90% more fondue!

Alright lets make this two questions.
1. What is the game with the best graphics to date
47. What is a game that had outstanding graphics for its time

Renegade Nuns on Wheels

That I've seen its MGS2 or Halo. Haven't seen Halo 2 or MGS3 yet :(. Best for its time would be Heretic by id. Came out right after Doom II and it looked awesome.

hamed

hamed

BO!

i say it's Ninja Gaiden for both

the graphics for this game is simply unbelievable

dont be sad if you loved some one and he left you,,,
be sad if some one loved you and you left him,,,

Tokubetsu

Tokubetsu

Between Man & Machine

Most of the current pc games. Have you seen Half Life 2 and Doom 3? those 2 alone blow any current and forth coming (on the current generation atleast) console games out of the water.
Nuff Said.

"I dreamed a dream....but now that dream is gone from me."
Signature Image
[AnimeSystem] [MetalStorm][Snikt][Gunlock Overdrive][MangaClub]

buggydude

buggydude

Quote by TokubetsuMost of the current pc games. Have you seen Half Life 2 and Doom 3? those 2 alone blow any current and forth coming (on the current generation atleast) console games out of the water.
Nuff Said.

yeah man i've been craving for half life 2 i need to go get it. i just recently got farcry that game has some sweet graphics too if ur a hardcore firstperson pc shooter fan.

Renegade Nuns on Wheels

Doom 3 for me has a very awesome graphic but it required an absurd pc to play smoothly... they didn't optimize it well for me, they could have done a better work

I am he who hath entrusted his soul to the eternal vortex of time. Ye know me! And if ye do
not, ye shall be made to know me!! It shall be engraved on thy very soul, Lezard Valeth!!
If ye shall accept the brand of Hel upon thee, thy sanctions shall in turn be lowered.
...I shall grant thee the deliverance of thy soul, and ye shall come now before me!!

Kulutues

Kulutues

Roy D'Effrayeur

IMO, the awesomeness of games' graphics depend much on the type of scenario/ambient they portray, per instances, even though Doom 3, Halo 2 or Half-Life 2 have excellent graphics, the "futuristic look" they have, to me will never look as good as the decaying castle scenario of Devil May Cry or the amazing details in Namco's fighting games.
Regarding the questions, I don't have enough knowledge to give a non-biased answer to the first question but regarding the second I'd say Soul Calibur for the Dreamcast, that thing was jaw-dropping amazing when it was released!

Aa-chan

Aa-chan

AA-CHAN

- Far Cry did it for me in terms of graphics of today. Doom 3 was also awesome, but HL2 didn't inspire in that sense.
- The original Half Life was awesome for it's day. It came out of nowhere and blew everything else away.

Follow AA-CHAN as he teaches English in South Korea and enjoys his K-Pop music fandoms up close!

http://aa-chan.net/blog/

DeusIth

The universe in a dot

FarCry, Doom 3, HalfLife 2, NFS Underground 2.... newest pc games sure have gone beyond the actual games for the latest consoles... too bad they dont want to exploit that potential, releasing new consoles next year - pity i would say

Doom 3...its realistic graphics spook the **** out of me when I play it at night.

PureTypeDZanza

PureTypeDZanza

Lone Wolf

Dead or Alive Ultimate for me. Just looking at the girls especially Kasumi looks freaking real even the background!

Metroid Prime 2 and Metal Gear Solid 3 currently for me @_@
Abosultely amazing !! XO

Far Cry has the best beauty factor graphics.

Doom III has the best 'gee whiz' Graphics.

Half-Life 2 has the most realistic graphics.

I would say Half-Life 2 has the best simply because it look so real.

Doom III has the best 'gee whiz' Graphics.
Half-Life 2 has the most realistic graphics.

second that. if only d3 wasnt that damn dark, so it could show off some more... and hl2 sometimes has some serious errors with projecting shadows

as for best graphics of its time: i was there when doom1 was launched. i was there when quake1 was launched. cant make any bigger leaps in gfx quality than that (seeings as we're already very close to photorealistic)

darkknightrion

darkknightrion

Dark Knight

The best graphics that I have ever seen is Gran Turismo 4. I was like, is that CG or not. O_O. I cant tell. >_<

Signature Image

doom have the best graphics. it going to be like that for years.

as for anime it Guilty Gear XX

Signature

it has to be phantom dust...for the xbox...........and ninja GAIDEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!thers no doubt in my mind!!!!!!!!!!!!

buggydude

buggydude

Quote by chicolistoit has to be phantom dust...for the xbox...........and ninja GAIDEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!thers no doubt in my mind!!!!!!!!!!!!

yeah ninja gaiden does have some kickin graphics

Renegade Nuns on Wheels

calibretto23

calibretto23

Open your eyes...

Gotta say... Doom III my reasoning being that its light rendering is spot on... and when you see a demon forcibly rip his way thru a set of stairs... wow... everything bends and moves like it should... only problem with it is the lack of lighting... but with more powerful pc's and better rendering technologies this should be fixed...

But in all honesty... graphics while important are no where near the number one reason i buy or play a game... gameplay is my #1 selling point... then story... then graphics...

Signature Image

------------------------------------

Proud Member of:
|Hardcore-gamers| |Dub-Lovers-Group| |Fight-Club| |MT-singles| |FinalFantasyFans| |Samurai|

buggydude

buggydude

Quote by calibretto23Gotta say... Doom III my reasoning being that its light rendering is spot on... and when you see a demon forcibly rip his way thru a set of stairs... wow... everything bends and moves like it should... only problem with it is the lack of lighting... but with more powerful pc's and better rendering technologies this should be fixed...
But in all honesty... graphics while important are no where near the number one reason i buy or play a game... gameplay is my #1 selling point... then story... then graphics...

i agree that graphics don't make the game gameplay makes the graphics but to be immersed in a beautiful or in this case horrifying world of pixelated goodness is alwayz cool. Yeah you would think in doom3 a thousand or so years in the future and still no one can strap a flashlight to a gun yet u either see or shoot but the game still rocks.

Renegade Nuns on Wheels

darkfirefox

darkfirefox

Spriggan

Ninja Gaiden and Dead or Alive Ultimate (DOA 2)

Signature
The ever beautiful Rabi en Rose

Yeah, all the high profile PC games like Half-Life 2, Doom III, and stalker definitely deserve notion in this thread. Although if I had to choose which one game has the most outstanding visuals, it would have to be stalker. That game looks simply amazing.

Signature

"Give the man a gun, he's Superman; Give him two, he's God." -- Police Commisioner from Hard Boiled

page 1 of 1 22 total items

Back to Music & Movies | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.