Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 How'd you start walling? - Minitokyo

How'd you start walling?

page 1 of 1 6 total items

ultimaslair

ultimaslair

Alien from Inner Cabinet

First off, sorry if one of these threads already exists, I didn't find one through a search. But I'm curious, how did all you wallers start walling? Hehe...

Well, my story is wierd. For me, it was a combination of things. I've always loved to draw, and after a while, I got into CGing in PS. So I CGed a lot of my work, which was fun. On top of that, being into anime and video games, I had quite a collection of random images. So I suppose, one day long ago, I wanted to change up my desktop. All I really did was "edit" an existing wall (way forgotten by now...) and made it look better! WooT. I continued doing this for a while, then I dropped it. I eventually found AnimeOnline, and picked it up again. But for some reason, never really got motivated and dropped it again. Finally I ran into MT. And that's when I finall really got into walling and vectors and stuff. And now, I'm here. I have a cold, but I'm not sure that has anything to do with MT...

Rebel-Soul-Kaze

Rebel-Soul-Kaze

Glittering Crux Emperor

Nice thread,well,mmm,well i always saw the walls on animewallpapers and say: men,what a wonderful job,i wanna learned how to do this,and little by little i start using MSPaint,then i purchase PS6,and i begin editing some eva images,then i submit some of my work to animewallpapers,and i got rejected n.n,so i drop it for some time,then,i start making layouts,so i start to editing again,but only some internet graphics never a wall,i was a little scared cause i got rejected,but, some friend say to me: i found a great community called Minitokyo,they have great scans,and u can submit youre work,so,i join in,and...i find that you cand submit short images in here xD,so i start to making walls.

K I R A B O S H I !

Ritalin

Ritalin

Rawrz.

I was teaching myself web-design, and a friend of mine said "just make a wallpaper and leave a space for content." I didn't make wallpapers, but I did have experience with Photoshop... so, I set off to make a "wallpaper." It actually started somewhat like yours, I found a favorite wallpaper of mine and edited it to my liking - then realized "hey, what if it had a background like this instead of this?" XD

I'm not a fan of layouts that look like wallpapers anymore, since it was a very newbie-ish technique. :) However, it sparked an interest in me to design desktops. For 2 years now I've been walling, and my styles change a lot; not because I can't settle on one, but because my style -is- a variety. xD

Caffeinated Dreams
outrageously caffeinated weblog.

IRC--express--Twilight Whispers-

KorganoS

KorganoS

Busy atm ^_^;;

2 years ago...
I was in a PC -tech-stuff- forum,... I used to make wallies for that community... just some simple layouts/collages with color plays...
I have knowledge of PS since 1998... yeah... a long time.. but mostly for retouching photos and publishing/printing purposes (because that's my job ^_^' )
I tried to make a more advanced wallpaper using abstract stuff using PS brushes and filters, and tried to learn lots of new tricks because I want to make my own wallpaper website... that time, it wasn't specifically about anime...
later, I found AO and found out that it has a gallery to submit things... especially wallies... I was soo glad and decided to make more anime wallpapers.... with more advanced techniques and whatnot...
tutorials were my breakfast, really.. XD
then I stumbled upon MT in my search for wallable scans....BUT I had to be lv.10 to download them... LoL... :D
then I tried to submit my older works to gain level, and out of my expectation, ppl actually liked them! :) I was very happy and decided to improve more on my techniques... I just forgot the whole thing about levelling and the scans, completely... ROFL :D
here I am.... and my style has gone far from before joining mt...
i must say lots of senior wallers here inspired my works.. Sammo, CrapMonster, Cloud-kun, Osi, and many more...

For HQ anime pieces of art
visit : [FRAGMENTS] - www.crash.inweb.dk

miyuna

lonely dreamer

well, all i focused on was my website, and i usually visited other website that, coincidentally, belonged to the senior wallers, like kev, osi, sammo, cloud kun and so on. i somehow found my way here to Mt and i joined it and thought "hm.. why dont i try?" so yea.. simple as that. n_n''

euna

Retired Moderator

euna

i started walling just less than a year ago.. ^___^
i got Photoshop 7 from my uncle and installed it and then went nuts xD
I went on the net and started to have a look at all the tutorials and just started off by doing some things.. (thanks shinta! her ftutorials were the first)
oh, the reason i got into Anime was thanks to chobits.. i just loved the piccies i saw on the net..
and after a while, thanks to shinta again, i found MT on IM and now i am addicted to this lovely community (thanks Sheq!)... hehe...
i just walled bit by bit since then...
i don't spend a lot of time on Photoshop, so i haven't made a lot of walls or other things ^__^"
yeah.. that's how i started walling and got to mt... my Anime-love history... xD

page 1 of 1 6 total items

Back to Off-topic Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.