Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Best dub ever? - Minitokyo

Best dub ever?

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 33 total items

Tama-Neko

Tama-Neko

Invisible

Since there's a worst dub ever thread, why not a good dub thread? Personally, my favorite dub is for Shinesman. It's much wackier than the original (which was overly serious for the parody nature of the OVA and better fitting for the tone of the longer and more comprehensive manga series). They put in better jokes, too.
So, does anyone else have a favorite dub, or even just a dub they like?

Of the animes I've seen, I'd have to say Cowboy Bebop 'Knockin' On Heaven's Door'

I hate dubbed and am a strong supporter of subs but for the best one id say its the entire Slayers, Slayers NEXT, and Slayers TRY series since that anime is hilarious no matter what language its in.

The only one I ever liked was Cowboy Bebop, all the voices matched the characters perfectly.

kino

kino

tabibito

i'd say FLCL
i dunno, i like the english voice of haruko ^^;

Signature Image

Osiris

Retired Moderator

Osiris

(>^-^)>( . Y . )

vandread

first and second stage :D

Signature

cowboy bebop's dub was very good. altho yuu yuuhakusho by funimation had very different voices from the japanese seiyuu, i have to say they did pretty well too.

I guess I'll have to say Ranma..before the Ranma voice change that is ^_^.

I actually hated Bebop's dub. Most notably Spike's voice.

Hellsing, however, had a fairly decent dub. At least they didn't ruin Arucard

Miroku4444

Miroku4444

Ecchi Enthusiast!!

The Best Dub i Thought Was Yu Yu Hakusho.

Signature

Miroku4444

Miroku4444

Ecchi Enthusiast!!

Quote by innocentsinnerI actually hated Bebop's dub. Most notably Spike's voice.

Hellsing, however, had a fairly decent dub. At least they didn't ruin Arucard

I Agree with you too,especially since the guy who does his voice is used in so many series.

Signature

youkokoryuu

youkokoryuu

Tonzure Koite!

I'd have to say the whole of the Slayer's series.

sylvacoer

sylvacoer

The Narrator

Series: Cowboy Bebop

Movie: Princess Mononoke. I loved Minnie Driver as Eboshi-sama!

Signature

lordfan

lordfan

Lord of Winds

opps posted twice, someone erase this one plz

lordfan

lordfan

Lord of Winds

I liked the dubs of both Cowboy Bebop and Yu Yu Hakusho. Just about everything else I watch is subbed and if it's dubbed then it's not as good as those two

wow and I thought everybody hated Slayers english dub as much as I did. I find it truly horrid. hmm but best dub, I liked RahXephon dub, Tenchi dubs (save for the voice of Ayeka), yea FLCL too. oh and im feelin the dubs for Read or Die OVA and TV series.

The best dub I saw is pokemon.

ahahhahaha ok, right... that doesnt require much, pikaa-chuuu lol...

Furikuu

Furikuu

Giant Panda

Quote by sorai'd say FLCL
i dunno, i like the english voice of haruko ^^;

Yeah, I was surprised but the dub voices really match the originals pretty well.

Signature Image

cowboy bebop dub was just awesome - nobody could do a better job than they did on that one. also, the Orphen dub was a LOT better than the original.

PureTypeDZanza

PureTypeDZanza

Lone Wolf

for me it's rurouni kenshin

Cowboy Bebop & Fruits Basket

The dub for last exile was perfect, every charecters voice fit the personality/mood just right.

Saw this a page or two back, thought it would be worth commenting on though.
The original Akira dub was incredible. It was only ever on VHS and possibly laserdisk though. When they re-did the dubbing, for some obscure reason, for the DVD rerelease they absolutely trashed it. Hired some VA from Digimon for Tetsuo who was totally wrong for the role.

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 33 total items

Back to General Anime & Manga Talk | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.