Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 My wallpapers, scans and doujinshi were deleted! ;_; - Minitokyo

My wallpapers, scans and doujinshi were deleted! ;_;

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 27 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 27 Next » 628 total items

Nuriko

Retired Moderator

Nuriko

Hentai Slayer

EDITED BY KELTOSH: please put all your complaints about deleted wallpapers, scans and doujinshi here. that is IF you think the deleton needs discussion. And provide an external link!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now that I have your attention:

Poor quality walls will be deleted. ALL MODS KNOW THIS. Any mod that claims to not know this is too lazy to read the stickies and the Mod forum.

More importantly, this was a decision sanctioned.. no, encouraged by Sheqel and Myself.

If your walls were deleted and you feel as though you were targeted, then you probably weren't. Think about it: You don't see Jin or sammo or Tama posting up a new wallpaper daily, do you? That's because they spend hours and even days working on their art. If a huge chuck of walls were deleted and it barely made a dent in your collection, then you can probably guess where the effort isn't located.

I'm sorry if this seems heartless, but I've had my walls deleted before and I had to grow up. I worked hard to improve myself. You all should too.

EDIT

All hate posts should be directed here.

Signature Image
Congrats to Crash-kun :: sarak :: Evanrued for winning the Nuriko Prize!

arkive

arkive

drifto touge all day...

hahahah hate what hate it's understood that unneeded files taking up space should be removed so what can we do?.....

Rebel-Soul-Kaze

Rebel-Soul-Kaze

Glittering Crux Emperor

This is what i talk about on the thread that i open yesterday,and ure so right miss nuriko (aka momi)Please,grow up,and instead of crying about the walls,search on the web for some tutorials.

K I R A B O S H I !

AceGunman

AceGunman

*hums*

Honestly, I can't see the problem. Walls and scans etc are deleted for a reason, it's not like the mods just delete stuff at random for fun =/

So what if the mods decide that my walls or scans are inapropriate or of LQ, I wouldn't really care. I submit scans or images to MT to help people out, submitting stuff people might have trouble finding or stuff that people would like to see.
And why do I wall? Why do I even submit my walls to MT? I do so because I want people's feedback and opinions so that I might improve, not to get 124 favs with comments like "good! great stuff!" 8P

If you find out that 1/2 of your walls were deleted this morning, then instead of going berserk and starting a new thread pouring out your anger on the hard working mods, think for a moment upon "Why were those walls deleted? What should I change or improve upon so that they are not deleted in the future?". Trust me, it's a lot better for both you and the community :)

Yes! Great job Nuriko! Here! Inspect my crappy walls! I daresay at least half of them should be deleted. http://afan.minitokyo.net/gallery/

Jinzhou

Retired Moderator

Jinzhou

Forsaken God

If you really have a problem with this, PM me or Nuri and we'll sort you out correctly. >=D

Signature
Yes, I am god. Infallibility at its greatest.

MoonlightEternity

MoonlightEternity

::Amayasuki::

Well, i'm new, and i've had all my wallpapers (3 so far) deleted, but i'm beginner so i'd just like to point this out. I'm with a lot of people when they say that their walls shouldn't be judged. Its all true, but i guess the thing with the mods deleting "bad-quality" walls is that they don't give a reason. they should comment, or PM the person, and tell them why they think its bad-quality I've seen Susan-chan's works and they are very very good.

Signature Image
::MoonlightEternity aka Kimi-chan::

shyxsakura

Retired Moderator

shyxsakura

poopoo

^-^ sakiz old old wallie was deleted too .. but it doesnt matter ... cuz it WAS baddd .. ^^;; tee heeez ...

butbutbutbut .... recently .. a lot of ppl have been putting up ten wallies everryy sinnggllee dayy .. >O<

yayayaaaa!! ^O^ go on your deleting spree .. XD

Sandy

Sandy

graphic fighter

This somewhow comforts me in the idea that you guys actually realize the difference between a scan pasted on another scanned background enhanced by default PS filters (which can take me less than 5mn to do) or someone who took at least the efforts to add real personal touches to his creation (even by using custom brushes).

Even if we should not attend uber 1337 wallpapers from everyone, I think there's definitely a certain minimum of efforts that must be meet and that must be seen not only in the creator statements but also by simply looking at his wallpaper.

I think MT is at the moment a real collection of eclectic wallpapers (and scans) from real junk to very nice mini piece of art.

Well I wish you the best of luck to clean MT and make it a better *artistic* place. I'll still help sending you my reports! :pacman:

MadMover

MadMover

The Underside of the Kitties Paw

The same can be said about scans, if somebody uploads a scan that you have alread sent in, then the mods must choose which is the better scan and delete the other or else this system will be flooded with three, four or more copies of the same image. I've seen many of mine get nuked, and you don't ever see me bitching about it, the only things that I really hate are the people who start a thread going to bitch about it. I have removed people from my friendslist for it (but only when they use profanity and verbal abuse towards the other users and mods. That's just childish.) It's a fact of life that someone is going to do something better, so get use to it or get out!!

Sorry if I seem to be ranting but I really needed to get this off my chest. Thanks Nuriko for giving my the chance to do it here.

Believe in the freedom of music!

Signature

kiri-chan

kiri-chan

Casual Waller

It's about time! Minitokyo isn't a storage bin for everyone's wallpapers.

ayanechan

ayanechan

- lost existence -

gambatte masu~~~!

Signature

exentric

exentric

Plain Lazy

honestly I can see why this is done. though I don't like it, I can see why mods hafta do it.
but as much as they do it, something like what happened to susan may be a little too much. plus a notice first would be nice.
all in all, though I dont like this idea, I'm just gonna support what the mods does. but just dont get overworked by all this. ^_^
and for ppl who wanna complaints, go straight to da mod. everyone hates complaints thread.

calisqo

calisqo

::RERAITO::

I say "got for it!" ^_^'
Not sure if mine gonna get deleted too , but hey this is for the better community , so i geuss it might be good for everybody.

But i think we need more clarification what it means by bad quality. ^_^.
Anyway thanks for the idea mods (good one i think)

tele-fragd

tele-fragd

Cheeky Peach <3

Hmmm not sure if I completely agree (this will seriously discourage beginners from submitting) maybe you can setup a forum where people can get tips?

Homer: Pffft English. Who needs that? I'm never going to England.
Mr Largo: Lisa, do you find something funny about the word "tromboner"?
-------------------------------------

//My Anime Collection

fenrir00

fenrir00

Random Otaku

Go! Go! Go, Nuriko-chan!

I agree with you far too much ^_^' But I think you're right. If you don't put in the effort, you shouldn't have posted it in the first place!

If only we forever had the chance for another day...

Then the pain from the past will fade away.....

me agrees with u Nuriko!
XD
wen i make wally they take for ever but look really crappy XP but wen i do a wally it will be a miracle XP

Vinitachi

Vinitachi

Azndude

Hmm... Go right ahead. I even see some low quality walls in my gallery. I think...
Plus this could mean MT could load faster. Even though it already faster than before but faster is always better.

Learning little by little.
Signature

Nuriko

Retired Moderator

Nuriko

Hentai Slayer

Quote by calisqoI say "got for it!" ^_^'
Not sure if mine gonna get deleted too , but hey this is for the better community , so i geuss it might be good for everybody.

But i think we need more clarification what it means by bad quality. ^_^.
Anyway thanks for the idea mods (good one i think)

The whole Art/Design lounge is filled with tips and tutorials, and if there aren't tutorials, people have set up a list of links where people can find some good (tested) ones. :)

Signature Image
Congrats to Crash-kun :: sarak :: Evanrued for winning the Nuriko Prize!

white-zero

white-zero

Left this part of the universe.

I agree pretty much with exentric.

Mods should have fun in doing their job and not being obsessive. As long as you guys don't push yourselves over the edge, I'm sure people will find this place fun instead of scary because of various regulations.

jrc

ok so I guess this is the proper place to post this. First I'd like to say sorry to hew ever this may afend. That is not what I'm tryying to accomplish.

Ok let me git right to the piont. thares a [Bot] named Chii thats got alittel power trip and has remove wallpaper after wallpaper that has a some what of a good amount of down loads and a good amount of positive coments posted on them.. as well they have ben up for a short amount of time ( 2 -3 mounths), any ways I'm abit mad about this. I think the level of pickyness this bot has had is over rated, and it should stop. I know my work istnt grate But is of good qoulity, and has ernd it's place here. I know i'm not the only peron here that has had a run in with this bot so I'd like to know if anyone here has had similar problems please post

mechdan

Quiet PC enthusiast

I stopped submitting altogether when I posted some of my work which I put a lot of effort into and felt was perfectly good and easily on par with other posts. I naturally asked myself the question, "What did I do wrong, and how could I improve?"

The only answer I could come up with was that the deletion WAS rather arbitrary. Well, I'm not mad about it--there's just too much stuff out there in the world which really matters and this web site isn't one of them. There's no point in getting upset over this site.

Of course, I'm not submitting anything here again, but that's apparently no big loss.

Isaac Kuo, quiet PC enthusiast

white-zero

white-zero

Left this part of the universe.

Quote by mechdanI stopped submitting altogether when I posted some of my work which I put a lot of effort into and felt was perfectly good and easily on par with other posts. I naturally asked myself the question, "What did I do wrong, and how could I improve?"
The only answer I could come up with was that the deletion WAS rather arbitrary. Well, I'm not mad about it--there's just too much stuff out there in the world which really matters and this web site isn't one of them. There's no point in getting upset over this site.
Of course, I'm not submitting anything here again, but that's apparently no big loss.

Wise words, my friend. :)

I'll probably do the same if some of my works got deleted.

mechdan

Quiet PC enthusiast

It may simply be a matter of personal taste--my wallpapers match MY tastes perfectly. I make them for myself, first and foremost (and my wife second)! If that's not good enough for the moderators, then I'm not going to change my style and I don't see the point in posting submissions which are just going to get deleted over an arbitrary difference in tastes.

Isaac Kuo, quiet PC enthusiast

page 1 of 27 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 27 Next » 628 total items

Back to Minitokyo Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.