Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 My wallpapers, scans and doujinshi were deleted! ;_; - Minitokyo

My wallpapers, scans and doujinshi were deleted! ;_;

This thread is closed for posting.

page 2 of 27 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 27 Next » 628 total items

jrc

Quote by mechdanI stopped submitting altogether when I posted some of my work which I
put a lot of effort into and felt was perfectly good and easily on par
with other posts. I naturally asked myself the question, "What did I do
wrong, and how could I improve?"
The only answer I could come up with was that the deletion WAS rather
arbitrary. Well, I'm not mad about it--there's just too much stuff out
there in the world which really matters and this web site isn't one of
them. There's no point in getting upset over this site.
Of course, I'm not submitting anything here again, but that's
apparently no big loss.

this is wrong ...... if thare is to be a fine line of qulity thare should at least be a spot whare people can somit thare best wether or nor it's grate , and that allso should be by the viewers not the bots! becuse nobudys grate over night and if it takes a realy long time to fine tune your skills then it means it takes that mush less time for someone to degrade your work! and they will .

Izukio

Izukio

Wave Sovereign of Mintaka

I tried submitting my first one last night and a bot named Chii hated it, so I worked on it more and then tried again and she hated it still. How am I supposed to know what will make her happy? I'm completly happy with the wallpaper, but she thinks it sucks and I don't know what to do...

At least now I know it's not just me that they hate.

bromithia

Retired Moderator

bromithia

Whatever. I just dont want my wallpapers that I spent days on being deleted because someone doesnt care... I really dont mind if my really old ones get deleted...

Is it wallpapers that dont get attention? With 0 favorites and 0 post, that are old...?

Bot-Chii

Divine Executioner

oh no my wall!~~ T_T DELETED

jrc

Quote by bromithiaWhatever. I just dont want my wallpapers that I spent days on being
deleted because someone doesnt care... I really dont mind if my really
old ones get deleted...
Is it wallpapers that dont get attention? With 0 favorites and 0 post,
that are old...?

my walls have at lest 3 -8 fave and 80 -200 downloads ...
so i guess 80 -200 people thouth it sucked bab anuf to download plus I'am allso still getting faves on them most of what was remove all so had fave that same day pluss how meany downloads

euna

Retired Moderator

euna

Nuri, I thought your walls got deleted.. ^_^''
No, this is not a hate post ^_^''
Well... my walls have so far been okay and none has been deleted so I've got no problems...
Well, all the mods - keep up the hard work (although it might be not to our liking.. hehehe... >_____<) - don't overdo it though... ^___^

Izukio

Izukio

Wave Sovereign of Mintaka

Quote by BotChiioh no my wall!~~ T_T DELETED

You're a real person? o.o;;;

mr-freakybig

Mr_Freakybig

The problem I see with a few people, is that
in order not to offend the moderators in any way,
is by agreeing to everything. Why wouldnt you be angry if you
have spent your entire week on one wallpaper/artwork, then you
get an automated message saying your wall was crap and you
didnt spend more than 30 min on it? Whats the friggin logic in that???

You people, wake up and smell the coffee!
If you dont complain, noone will ever get the advice they seek
because everybody in here, posting their walls wont stand a chance
because of deletion, and because they only allow UBER artists on this page.

If you feel you want to complain just DO IT! dont say stuff like,
ooo but you know, I actually dont mind.. blah blah.
IF YOU mind, JUST TELL EM! Dont comment how NICE their sweater is or something,
orr oooo I dont mind go ahead.. and delete the stuff you findd.!
Because on deletion of the one thing you really liked,
you will think otherwise, but .. youve already agreed to it didnt you

minimouzo

minimouzo

Papaya

ok understood ^^

i have changed my opinion since i have heard of that mod forum where deletions are discussed. So you have my full support.

but as exentric has said what happenned to susan was maybe too much ...
edit : osi said such big deletions of walls (about 50 from the same person) where quality is involved would maybe never occurs again so i think the point is solved

and if the decision was sanctionned by you and sheqel i suppose you give an opinion agaisnt deletion in the mod forum about wallpapers deletion ?

reason of the post is :
*should we add some deletion criteria in the support section ? it would maybe avoid complaints threads on the forum ...
* in case of wall deletion , should there be an additional message saying a little more details about the deletion or maybe an encouraging comments ? because taking again the case of susan, she was really sad and wanted to stop walling ... such deletion could "disgust" person from making art ... [that point was only a suggestion, just my point of view]

hope i'll get an answer nuri

Eat a papaya everyday and everything will be ok Signature Image

Support section

chrno

chrno

sometimes it hurts..

ridicioulus! I always worked hard for my wallpapers! I'm not posting everyday a new wallpaper and my wallpaper was deleted -.- thank you very much -.-!

[ it's getting worse and worse and worse.... ]

Moderator of [ Celestia ] and [ German-Members ] | Member of [ Ilvalthia ] and [ Hispanime ]

AceGunman

AceGunman

*hums*

Why do people always complain so much? Sure your walls might get deleted, so what? It's not really the end of the world now is it? I've been through a lot worse stuff during my time of walling and I've never complained about it once.

Something I find more disturbing is that some really great walls which might have taken the artist weeks to make, from the idea to the finished product, get nearly zero replies and favs and no useful feedback whatsoever, while we have another wall made in 1h featuring a large breasted anime chick getting 100+ favs and 80+ replies saying "Omg! It rules >< cute!". Is that right?
How do you think those people feel when their work goes unnoticed? Do they start new threads expressing their anger/sadness over that no one likes their walls? I think not.

And then there are zillions of other sites than MT for new wallers to get hints and show of their own work to other people, so if you don't like how MT is run, then stop whining and move over to those sites. It's not like your actually helping out the community with all you complaints 8P The staff of MT on the other hand is doing their best to create a faster and more enjoyable community.

oh, I heard that the newly reopened Anime Online has gotten their previous walling feature back up again, and I always considered AO to be a better place for growing artist because of the lack of 'fav-whores' :D ( Though MT's scans gallery gather fav-whores like a mouse to cheese I guess ^_^' ) So I'd reccomend for those of you unhappy with MT to try out AO or some other places to see if it fancies you more.
I on the other hand am really pleased with MT and the staff that run it, so I really have no need to wander off to another site anytime soon :)

tuxedotservo

tuxedotservo

-- gone and very much forgotten

Not to fan any flames (which of course means, having said that, that I'm probably going to fan some flames).

I can understand the need for a clean-up. Disk space in the quantities required for image galleries isn't going to be cheap, and doing it out of one's own pocket is quite a sacrifice of resources.

Having a peer review among the mods - that's great too. However, I think things maybe have been approached with a bit more directness than necessary.

I'm not an artist myself (I wish I had the talent, or the eyes to develop it), but I'd probably be hurt if someone told me that work I had done was being removed because it was of "poor quality." Yeah, there's a lot of debris floating around - but there are also some things that, while maybe not up to the levels of some of the pros on the board, the person took pride in. Tact, sometimes, makes a bitter pill easier to swallow.

The other issue I see is the "it's our ball, and if you don't like how we play, go find your own ball" mentality that seems to be appearing. I think that it can probably go without saying that, yes, if someone is unhappy with how the rules are, they can find other places to be. That's the absolute right of the mods - it's not a democracy here, after all. BUT, It doesn't need to be repeated - ad nauseam - by everyone on the board after the mods have already made it clear that going that route is an option.

Being encouraging to the mods is one thing. Being a cheerleader shaking the pom-poms is something else.

Just some thoughts.

--
tuxedotservo
Palpatine for Emperor - Why Settle for the Lesser Evil?
Dancing to the beat of a different drummer, and it's not pretty.

SpaZaA

SpaZaA

hehehe

i believe some of mine were deleted because i didn't link to the original scans, i removed a LOT of bad crap from the scans i used, and took several hours to do so.. getting an automated PM pisses me off, i'd like to know how somebody knows that a wallpaper did not take much time if they did not see the original scan... blah

AceGunman

AceGunman

*hums*

Quote by tuxedotservoThe other issue I see is the "it's our ball, and if you don't like how we play, go find your own ball" mentality that seems to be appearing. I think that it can probably go without saying that, yes, if someone is unhappy with how the rules are, they can find other places to be. That's the absolute right of the mods - it's not a democracy here, after all. BUT, It doesn't need to be repeated - ad nauseam - by everyone on the board after the mods have already made it clear that going that route is an option.

Being encouraging to the mods is one thing. Being a cheerleader shaking the pom-poms is something else.

Just some thoughts.

The thing is that's just it, there is always something to complain about, always something that can be improved on everything. Thus a constant amount of complaints. The best thing though is to comprimise, say you go to MT's forum but you submit you work to other sites to get feedback etc. No single site can please all of your cravings.

And technically, "it's our ball, and if you don't like how we play, go find your own ball" as you put it isn't really repeated all the time by everyone on the board, might only seem that way though. In fact, the complaints are far more numerous, thus the need for repeating as the same complaints are repeated constantly, to put it simply. It's one of the best ways to reduce the amount of complaints and make people happier :)

Quote by SpaZaAi believe some of mine were deleted because i didn't link to the
original scans, i removed a LOT of bad crap from the scans i used, and
took several hours to do so.. getting an automated PM pisses me off,
i'd like to know how somebody knows that a wallpaper did not take much
time if they did not see the original scan... blah

It's really not the time that matters, the thing is that time only tends to improve it. It can still be of LQ or still be to simple or still violate the rules or whatnot. An example might be that you say had put huge effort and time into scanning a Hentai artbook, but despite that hentai isn't allowed here at MT (well not anymore I guess) so in the end it would be deleted anyways 8P
bleh, I almost sound like a bad guy after all my ramblings ^_^'

tuxedotservo

tuxedotservo

Quote by AceGunman
The thing is that's just it, there is always something to complain
about, always something that can be improved on everything. Thus a
constant amount of complaints. The best thing though is to comprimise,
say you go to MT's forum but you submit you work to other sites to get
feedback etc. No single site can please all of your cravings.

Exactly. Tact and compromise is the key.

Quote by AceGunman
And technically, "it's our ball, and if you don't like how we play, go
find your own ball" as you put it isn't really repeated all the time by
everyone on the board, might only seem that way though.

I may be accused of slight exaggeration to make a point in this case ^^ However, it is a card that is getting played - by more than just the moderators. It's happening enough, across different threads, where I've noticed it.

The mods are the ones who should be "laying down the law," so to speak - because in the end, they are the policy setters.

Quote by AceGunman
In fact, the complaints are far more numerous, thus the need for repeating as the same complaints are repeated constantly, to put it simply. It's one of the best ways to reduce the amount of complaints and make people happier :)

To a point, yes, but does adding another voice to an echo chamber make the message clearer? If a person hasn't read the thread enough to have picked up on that theme before posting their complaint, what's to say they'll even read the replies that said complaint generates?

I'm not really tracking the stats - has their been a reduction in complaints?

What I do see are people falling into three groups:
1. "You're right! My stuff *was* crap. Thanks!"
2. "I guess so."
3. "You've wounded me, sirs!"

--
tuxedotservo

AceGunman

AceGunman

*hums*

Quote by tuxedotservo
To a point, yes, but does adding another voice to an echo chamber make
the message clearer? If a person hasn't read the thread enough to have
picked up on that theme before posting their complaint, what's to say
they'll even read the replies that said complaint generates?
I'm not really tracking the stats - has their been a reduction in
complaints?

Well we could discuss this for pages with cons and pros but still without a clear 'winner', soI'd rather not continue it. But if you like we could go rambling on, but I'm really that much fond of writing to much ^_^'

Quote by tuxedotservo
What I do see are people falling into three groups:
1. "You're right! My stuff *was* crap. Thanks!"
2. "I guess so."
3. "You've wounded me, sirs!"

Or nr 4, "I don't really care". ;)

tuxedotservo

tuxedotservo

Um...this wasn't really a discussion that involved someone "winning" or "losing" though. (Didn't the word compromise even come up?) That's the thing about people having a discussion - they don't necessarily have to agree all the time, but that doesn't make one side right or wrong.

(rambling along)

--
tuxedotservo

rojacol

rojacol

.:INtheEXILE:.

mmmh...

i know there are a lot of walls that not fit in the quality rule. but maybe this crappy walls are the first steps from a good future waller/artist. You can see the progress from one artist looking from his firsts works to his lasts works. I know i'm not a good waller but i try to improve something new in every new wall i made. if you browse my gallery, you can find in my firsts walls several mistakes (and maybe in my lasts ^_^' ), but i decided to leave this errors because that's the way i can see how i'm growing. I think it should be a good thing, see if the artist has grow in skills, and consider to keep some of the crappy work, you know, just to keep the first ugly works from a great artist , but hey, it's just a suggestion :).

ps. and i'm not saying this because i want to save my walls lolz =P.

Signature Image
||Browse my Gallery||
||Miembro orgulloso de: (Proud member of) Hispanime||

Keltosh

Retired Moderator

Keltosh

Inquisitor on hiatus

I want to point out once again that we mods do not enjoy deleting wallpapers.
More detailed guidelines on submissions are here
http://forum.minitokyo.net/showthread/10833/

Signature
I am now on hiatus from moderating due to my thesis.
One of my favorite game ever: Mordor: The Depths Of Dejenol Community
The beautiful signature is from Biriwilg

AceGunman

AceGunman

*hums*

Quote by tuxedotservoUm...this wasn't really a discussion that involved someone "winning" or
"losing" though. (Didn't the word compromise even come up?) That's the
thing about people having a discussion - they don't necessarily have to
agree all the time, but that doesn't make one side right or wrong.
(rambling along)

haha, no no I was just kiddin about the winner part, trying to signify it it with the ' :D I'm just to lazy to write too much in a discussion and such ^_^'

tuxedotservo

tuxedotservo

Quote by AceGunmanhaha, no no I was just kiddin about the winner part, trying to signify
it it with the ' :D I'm just to lazy to write too much in a discussion
and such ^_^'

Hehe...fair enough ^^; I, being dense as petrified wood, didn't see the smiley face.

I'll just babble softly to myself now.

--
tuxedotservo

Nuriko

Retired Moderator

Nuriko

Hentai Slayer

Just to clarify things a little further: Moderator wallpapers are being deleted as well.

Signature Image
Congrats to Crash-kun :: sarak :: Evanrued for winning the Nuriko Prize!

lbbros

Flame of Corruption

The problems IMO arise in the highly subjective definition of "quality".

"Violence is the last refuge of the incapable." - Salvor Hardin
I belong to no group.

candy-chan

Retired Moderator

candy-chan

If you can't live with the moderator's defenition of "quality" than find another community, ranting pple shouldnt even exist. I can't understand how blind some mebers are

page 2 of 27 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 27 Next » 628 total items

Back to Minitokyo Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.