Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 My wallpapers, scans and doujinshi were deleted! ;_; - Minitokyo

My wallpapers, scans and doujinshi were deleted! ;_;

This thread is closed for posting.

page 3 of 27 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 27 Next » 628 total items

eeee

eeee

the wind in your hair

Seriously, though, how high are the standards for quality then? Fine, weed out the crap and the no-effort, but sheez, does every wall need to be a bunch of busy pseudo-realistic CG to be good? Some of that's awesome, but what, you can pass just by knowing how to make little sparklies and use the grass brush? How much effort is enough? Eight hours? Eight days? How do you think you have any idea how long and how hard someone worked on theirs?

Yes, I am irritated at some of mine being deleted. Others, fine, I can see your point and I can respect a difference of opinion. I don't think that highly of myself. But that bot-message is flat-out insulting.

As for "shouldn't even exist" -- yeah, get off your kick. Mods do what they want, we know that. Doesn't mean ya can't argue with them.

"The essential definition of 'normal' for anything is that if you leave a thing alone, it will remain the way it is.
And if it dislikes that state, then in some way it must not be normal."
Signature Image

juanicths

juanicths

= tabi-bito =

i do agree with the idea that low quality walls shld be deleted... but not like within 5 min of its submission!!! (thath's just wat happened to me *sobz*) won't it be a better idea to just send a pm to the person explaining why the wall was so bad, and give the person like maybe a week to improve on wateva was wrong b4 the deletion?

i know my wall wasn't great but i did put in quite a bit of effort in the extraction and stuff, and posting it up on MT is just a vote of confidence that ppl here give constructive feedback so that i can improve on my walling... honestly, there is only so much u can learn from tutorials, and the best way to learn and improve wld be to be able to have useful ideas on how to improve....

tuxedotservo

tuxedotservo

-- gone and very much forgotten

Quote by candy-chanIf you can't live with the moderator's defenition of "quality" than
find another community, ranting pple shouldnt even exist. I can't
understand how blind some mebers are

Nice pom-poms.

Serious, though - it isn't a crime to question the quality aspect as long as it's done respectfully. It might help fine-tune the process, even.

--
tuxedotservo
Palpatine for Emperor - Why Settle for the Lesser Evil?
Dancing to the beat of a different drummer, and it's not pretty.

Rebel-Soul-Kaze

Rebel-Soul-Kaze

Glittering Crux Emperor

Larala,maybe ure right about the pm,but,if they delete youre wall,maybe you have to think that u have to work harder on the next one,today they delete one of my walls,i pass time on the extraction?...yes,i pass time on the background?...yes,im bitching about the delete?...neh,instead i start with the Subaru wall,so,instead of saying: you dont understand the feeling,think that,some ppl pass for this,and instead of crying about it,they move on and learned a lot,do you think that sammo-sama,DernierCri-Sama make that kind of walls on their beginning?

K I R A B O S H I !

candy-chan

Retired Moderator

candy-chan

I'm not saying the mods are unquestionnable gods, but there is a diference between posting : "i hate MT i hate the staff they deleted my good wallpaper" and doing something i'm sure practicly no one did until now: PM them, ask nicely, question nicely, you know they work a lot, and for who? for us.
Maybe some of you fogot webdesign such as wallpaper-making is art. MT is an art community. Pasting a nice scan you didnt draw without putting some work and parts of yourself in the backgroud isnt what I call art. Art is creation. Again, you can say no one has the same defenition of Art, wich is true. But if youre intelligent enough, you can find a limit yourself..

And just so you know, my things get deleted too, it doesnt mean im happy about it, i even doubt the reason. but did i make it public by whinning? no. Learn a lesson here

Osiris

Retired Moderator

Osiris

(>^-^)>( . Y . )

The policy addressed the definition of 'quality'...actually it talks about everything you need to know about deletions and submitting. You guys just dont read, 90% of you dont even know the damn rules.

http://support.minitokyo.net/

Signature

tuxedotservo

tuxedotservo

-- gone and very much forgotten

Quote by candy-chanI'm not saying the mods are unquestionnable gods, but there is a
diference between posting : "i hate MT i hate the staff they deleted my
good wallpaper" and doing something i'm sure practicly no one did until
now: PM them, ask nicely, question nicely, you know they work a lot,
and for who? for us.

And I don't disagree with this at all, candy-chan (I say as much above).

As I said earlier in this thread - I think the griping, plus everyone jumping in with "don't like? hit the road!" is just adding to the echo chamber.

If someone complains, why not ignore it? If it's abusive, the mods have ways to "correct" such issues.

People saying the same thing, over and over, hasn't stopped new people from complaining. It just adds to the volume.

Peace, all ^^;

--
tuxedotservo
Palpatine for Emperor - Why Settle for the Lesser Evil?
Dancing to the beat of a different drummer, and it's not pretty.

calisqo

calisqo

::RERAITO::

Quote by Nuriko

Quote by calisqoI say "got for it!" ^_^'
Not sure if mine gonna get deleted too , but hey this is for the better community , so i geuss it might be good for everybody.
But i think we need more clarification what it means by bad quality. ^_^.
Anyway thanks for the idea mods (good one i think)

The whole Art/Design lounge is filled with tips and tutorials, and if there aren't tutorials, people have set up a list of links where people can find some good (tested) ones. :)

thanks for the tips mod ^_^
actually I've been there and got some tips from it .
Thanks for pointing it out again

anjovu

anjovu

the Eternal Traveller

Completely agree.
Even the 1st time like every newbies (me included), it's hard to accept to have a pix deleted. There is a reason and Nuriko explained it.
If we're wise, just understand why a pix is deleted and put more efforts.
Quality 1st, quantity after.

Chiori

Chiori

Psychedelic Doll

Actually, I've had a few old wallpapers deleted, but I take it as an encouragement to improve... because well they were truely blurry x_X Anyway, I'm glad this is cleared up o_O

Agreed in all counts, Nuriko. Hell, it's difficult to make good artworks. Originality counts.

If you think mine is not good enough for MT, delete it.

Quote by candy-chanIf you can't live with the moderator's defenition of "quality" than find another community, ranting pple shouldnt even exist. I can't understand how blind some mebers are

I must say that I find this type of statement and attitude both offensive and elitist. To me, basically you are telling people that "well if you skills suck and not up to our level, then shut up or get out of here because you don't belong here". Please remember that some people may not have the artistic ability, technical ability or experience etc. of others in this site and everyone should be encouraging fellow members to express their abilities and improve on it.

Anyways, I'm new here so I'm not sure about the history of this site or what things you have tried but i'll put in my 2 cents:
One compromise I think is to let beginners have a maximum number of wallpapers (let say 3) (it ould even be temporarily for a set period of time) so that other people can critique it or comment on it to help them improve. or if within a set amount of time, a certain number people downloads this wallpaper, then it could be considered "worthy" to be left on.

juanicths

juanicths

= tabi-bito =

Quote by kyououOne compromise I think is to let beginners have a maximum number of
wallpapers (let say 3) (it ould even be temporarily for a set period of
time) so that other people can critique it or comment on it to help
them improve. or if within a set amount of time, a certain number
people downloads this wallpaper, then it could be considered "worthy"
to be left on.

*nods head* that would definitely make sense ^-^ kinda discouraging to haf the wall gone b4 anybody else has seen it....

candy-chan

Retired Moderator

candy-chan

Quote by kyouou
I must say that I find this type of statement and attitude both
offensive and elitist. To me, basically you are telling people that
"well if you skills suck and not up to our level, then shut up or get
out of here because you don't belong here". Please remember that some
people may not have the artistic ability, technical ability or
experience etc. of others in this site and everyone should be
encouraging fellow members to express their abilities and improve on
it. Anyways, I'm new here so I'm not sure about the history of this
site or what things you have tried but i'll put in my 2 cents:

The history is that new members dont read the requirements and submit things they havnt worked on. Im not asking for elite quality but for visible work on the piece.

I'm sorry I got involved in this thread

calisqo

calisqo

::RERAITO::

Quote by anjovuCompletely agree.
Even the 1st time like every newbies (me included), it's hard to accept to have a pix deleted. There is a reason and Nuriko explained it.
If we're wise, just understand why a pix is deleted and put more efforts.
Quality 1st, quantity after.

same happened to me.
agreed with this

ShindouShuichi

ShindouShuichi

I don't CARE about destiny.

Oooo Wow... I thought someone who posted this, was really sad about having their wall deleted, then there will be thousands of flames to why it was deleted such as; it was copied, riped, jacked, etc. :P

Catchy, Catchy Moddy :P :P

Keltosh

Retired Moderator

Keltosh

Inquisitor on hiatus

Please note the the most updated informations on the submission policy are here http://forum.minitokyo.net/showthread/10833/ ,not on the support page

Signature
I am now on hiatus from moderating due to my thesis.
One of my favorite game ever: Mordor: The Depths Of Dejenol Community
The beautiful signature is from Biriwilg

makura

makura

but mine were deleted and i put not my scan like it said you could, and while im here, i would like to say im studying art from some of the studios from this site, and I cant learn if i cant lvl to 10. And because my wallpapers keep getting deleted i cant lvl that well. my real scanner is broken so i cant post my own things, but i put the not my scan like it said you could in my notifications. and i understand comepletly but i still dont like it at all. (not that my oppinion matters, at all)

some of my walls, are deeleted too, and it does not matter to me, it was fun to upload them.
When they are not good enoug enymore i have to live with it or make it better^^
but, one thing will be very hard to make it better, couse i have used a black and white Picture from a comic.
Anyway, i will try it^^

zaira

zaira

call me tuna!

yo go Nuriko-chan!! XD

well i guess your right hehe some of my wallies too have been deleted hehe but its ok..im only a beginner so everyone should try thier best in making a great walls just like others! :D

so im agree to ya! :)

Signature
soul-eater-shibusen sword-shana-lily tsubasa clampfans

minimouzo

minimouzo

Papaya

By joining Minitokyo, you say you agree with what stands in the support section.

~
quote by support section :
--------------------------
Moderators reserve the right to delete material that they deem inappropriate for the Minitokyo Galleries [...] even if that material conforms to this policy.

Note that moderators may process tenths of submissions each day and such work is prone to mistakes. Always have a copy of the submitted material, may you require it. Moderators may ask for a source file, such as a .PSD file in case they are not sure whether you are the original artist for the particular material.
~

~
quote by support section :
---------------------------
All submitted material must have a certain degree of quality, which is unconditionnaly decided by the Gallery Directors.
~

*detailed informations about deletions made by keltosh : http://forum.minitokyo.net/showthread/10833/

**it's not my job ... but i suggest everyone to read carefully the support section because all is described there. i recommend you also this post showing a lot of problems :
by jinzhou : http://forum.minitokyo.net/showthread/9781/

*** my opinion is that if you have a problem with deletion , contact a moderator directly. They have always answered me.

i have understood better the situation by reading all of that litterature ^_^ it's quite long but after i think you can better understand.

Eat a papaya everyday and everything will be ok Signature Image

Support section

Keltosh

Retired Moderator

Keltosh

Inquisitor on hiatus

I also want to point out that in this thread again http://forum.minitokyo.net/showthread/10833/ there are 4 useful tips on how to do better walls: extraction, cleaning, layout, and background.

Signature
I am now on hiatus from moderating due to my thesis.
One of my favorite game ever: Mordor: The Depths Of Dejenol Community
The beautiful signature is from Biriwilg

lbbros

Flame of Corruption

Quote by candy-chanIf you can't live with the moderator's defenition of "quality" than
find another community, ranting pple shouldnt even exist. I can't
understand how blind some mebers are

In fact, I'm not posting a single scan anymore in disagreement with the policy. I'll keep them to myself. And refrain from using "ad hominem", I don't think I have insulted anyone stating my simple opinion.

"Violence is the last refuge of the incapable." - Salvor Hardin
I belong to no group.

find another community

deleting bad quality art is okay imo, but: quality != taste. so maybe one could change the system so that like 3 mods/reviewers have to rate a pic, and only if 2 or 3 of em deem it bad it really is deleted.

also, sometimes you want feedback even on bad pics, to kn ow how to improve yourself, so maybe one could simply store a preview / low res version (to save space) so others cam at least leave a comment

page 3 of 27 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 27 Next » 628 total items

Back to Minitokyo Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.