Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Duping threads - Minitokyo

Duping threads

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 44 total items

I have to say...THIS IS ONE OF THE BIGGEST PROBLEMS ON MT!
People dupe threads over and over again. There's a frigging search function for crying out loud! Please ppl, use this function. Sure, ppl make mistakes but after three or four dupe threads, that's kinda weird you know? Use the box, and that will make MT A LOT more organized.
Thank you for your corporation...if you listen that is.

To make things simple: Don't make threads that are already previously there. Use the search function to make sure the thread you want to make is not ALREADY there.

EDIT: I forgot to mention, threads aren't solely on gaining lvls.

PureTypeDZanza

PureTypeDZanza

Lone Wolf

I agree too many threads that are the same are really bothering me.

thegunblademaster

thegunblademaster

Nine Is God

hey, you know me, of course i listen. i just wish ppl would use the search funtion *for you noobs its the little box in the upper right, just type what you want to post about and if results show up, then don't post!*

Signature Image

the only problem ive noticed is people confused over if duping a thread thats been inactive for a long time is okay...

o_O-0
weeeeeeeee

shinsengumi

Retired Moderator

shinsengumi

. . . remember me?

Quote by Chopstickzthe only problem ive noticed is people confused over if duping a thread thats been inactive for a long time is okay...

Exactly. . . especially threads that have been inactive for weeks that have multiple pages, where new and old discussion may not mesh well together for any number of reasons.

s h i n s e n g u m i
Minitokyo Policy, Forum, Review, and Category Maintenance Moderator Emeritus

Do not expect to be applauded when you do the right thing, and do not expect to be forgiven when you err, but even your enemies will respect commitment, and a conscience at peace is worth a thousand tainted victories.

toonleap

toonleap

Just a Waller

It is easy to say....use the search, but if you check the gallery of some series or categories, there could be over a 100 images, and people cant use search all the time because the info could be inaccurate...If people wants to submit something, imagine browsing several pages to find a duplicate, and sometimes people dont put the exact description of the image so the search is useless under those situations.... :sweat:

Signature
Visit my Gallery, make a comment, fav it if you like it and best of all, Download it! Enjoy!
Unete a Hispanime Other groups I joined: Anime Club, MT Singles Club, ::Simple-ism::,
::Mai-Hime-fans::

dans

dans

busy u_u

yeah, i'm kinda tired reporting all the dupe thread. x_x
and ppl should stop posting 'this anime vs that anime' thread. T_T

Signature Image
"It's not the great who are strong. It's the strong who are great."
Latest Work : FMA - Reunited

white-zero

white-zero

Left this part of the universe.

I don't care pretty much about it. Besides, this will give the mods an extra work to do. XD

Quote by toonleapIt is easy to say....use the search, but if you check the gallery of some series or categories, there could be over a 100 images, and people cant use search all the time because the info could be inaccurate...If people wants to submit something, imagine browsing several pages to find a duplicate, and sometimes people dont put the exact description of the image so the search is useless under those situations.... :sweat:

Hello? Read the thread? This has nothing to do with gallery items.

shinsengumi

Retired Moderator

shinsengumi

. . . remember me?

Quote by dansand ppl should stop posting 'this anime vs that anime' thread. T_T

Agreed. Especially for two series that are so different that any attempt to compare the two really boils down not to which anime is better, but what the poster's preference in genre is.

Quote by afanHello? Read the thread? This has nothing to do with gallery items.

Take a deep breath, afan, it will all be ok. . . :)

s h i n s e n g u m i
Minitokyo Policy, Forum, Review, and Category Maintenance Moderator Emeritus

Do not expect to be applauded when you do the right thing, and do not expect to be forgiven when you err, but even your enemies will respect commitment, and a conscience at peace is worth a thousand tainted victories.

toonleap

toonleap

Just a Waller

Quote by toonleapIt is easy to say....use the search, but if you check the gallery of some series or categories, there could be over a 100 images, and people cant use search all the time because the info could be inaccurate...If people wants to submit something, imagine browsing several pages to find a duplicate, and sometimes people dont put the exact description of the image so the search is useless under those situations.... :sweat:

**gack**...gomen....guess it is 1.20am and have my eyes deep red..... :sweat:

Signature
Visit my Gallery, make a comment, fav it if you like it and best of all, Download it! Enjoy!
Unete a Hispanime Other groups I joined: Anime Club, MT Singles Club, ::Simple-ism::,
::Mai-Hime-fans::

bromithia

Retired Moderator

bromithia

It's unstoppable. There are so many members on this board that it is just in fact impossible to stop, no matter how many threads you post, IT WONT stop!

Quote by bromithiaIt's unstoppable. There are so many members on this board that it is just in fact impossible to stop, no matter how many threads you post, IT WONT stop!

In the long run, it should reduce the mods work. Plus, the early ppl learn, the better.

bromithia

Retired Moderator

bromithia

Isnt it already mentioned plenty of places on this board to use the search tool? People are ignorant, they wont read the rules, they wont listen... it's just something to deal with. There are going to be plenty of repeat threads, the moderators will just have to do their best to clean them up.

thegunblademaster

thegunblademaster

Nine Is God

Quote by afan

Quote by bromithiaIt's unstoppable. There are so many members on this board that it is just in fact impossible to stop, no matter how many threads you post, IT WONT stop!

In the long run, it should reduce the mods work. Plus, the early ppl learn, the better.

yea, its just the problem of getting them to listen, i mean not very many ppl bother to use the search function or check the Support section when they need help, so they post threads on it

Signature Image

ultimaslair

ultimaslair

Alien from Inner Cabinet

Well, there are cases when you're not really sure what to search for. I mean, sure it's not often, but occasionally you throw up one of those threads that could be phrased differently, and thus, you must make your search really broad. Looking through hundreds of threads at MT can be a pain.

Perhaps, just consider this. When posting a thread, think, does it have a meaningful purpose/discussion or something useful to share. If not, don't post. Is it a common subject/or popular topic? If yes, try and look for previous existing threads on the same topic. But still, it's usually best not to revive a thread that is several months old...

CyanideBlizzard

Retired Moderator

CyanideBlizzard

Margarita Time!

I love this topic.

You know its so true. Seriously try searching a few different ways of it.

For example. Whats your favorite game.

Try searching the prime of the bulk, favorite game. If that doesn't work....you could be bold and do "game" which will give you ALOT of results...but nonetheless you can be positive if its in there or not.

I can't stress enough how many times people don't bother searching for topics or else they put them in the wrong section.

Thats another big problem, keep topics in the correction section. If your new, put it in the Entrance thread, not spam. If its about a game, don't put it in the anime thread. I've been seeing this occur on and off and its kinda humerous to be honset. Sure theres spam, but the forums are more of clustered with topics already established. Please don't post a topic until you are positive it doesn't exist. I mean search and search good for it. This saves time for the moderators. Anyways thats my two cents.

Signature Image

Celessa

Retired Moderator

Celessa

Okaerinasai - Welcome Home

**Stretches before waking up**

Wha? Wha? Duped threads? Since when? Ahh... I see - well, there are a few things I don't like about duped threads:

Examples:

What is your favorite game?
What's your favorite anime?
What music are you listening to?

If it's been a thread long dead - I don't mind someone else posting up a duplication - given that a link is added to the thread as well - to confirm and recognize what is going on and to respect that you had indeed known there was a thread before and you wish to duplicate it because it is inactive.

Though it doesn't take a brain surgeon to come up with a new thread, it also doesn't take an average human being to realize that nearly all of the common threads are already presented here on MT. New people won't know what to do - let's just call this a wake-up call and a lesson to the new people on the forum.

It's not going to stop - let me put this into realistic terms. We all were new people once - so give them a chance at least to know what's going on - if they are indeed new on the forums. People are going to learn sooner or later. That's all I have to say here - it can't be avoided.

"No matter where you go, no matter how tough life may be, just remember that always in your heart, you will still be loved."

Signature

ohmygoshainuyasha

ohmygoshainuyasha

Don't make me think.

hmmm... well... It takes time to search. The same topic could be under a different name, and the same name could be a different topic. Its too confusing and threads that are the same are unavoidable. I personally think that old threads should be deleted, wouldn't that save space and prevent this problem? What if a thread with the same topic is closed? What if you just really want to talk about it? If you've responded to that type of thread before... well... just don't respond. There you go, problem solved.

Keltosh

Retired Moderator

Keltosh

Inquisitor on hiatus

Old threads deleted? and why? totally disagree. And it does NOt take too much time to search.

Signature
I am now on hiatus from moderating due to my thesis.
One of my favorite game ever: Mordor: The Depths Of Dejenol Community
The beautiful signature is from Biriwilg

Quote by KeltoshOld threads deleted? and why? totally disagree. And it does NOt take too much time to search.

Where in the thread did you see this Keltosh?

Keltosh

Retired Moderator

Keltosh

Inquisitor on hiatus

Quote by ohmygoshainuyashahmmm... well... It takes time to search. The same topic could be under
a different name, and the same name could be a different topic. Its too
confusing and threads that are the same are unavoidable. I personally
think that old threads should be deleted, wouldn't that save space and
prevent this problem? What if a thread with the same topic is closed?
What if you just really want to talk about it? If you've responded to
that type of thread before... well... just don't respond. There you go,
problem solved.

... here :D

Signature
I am now on hiatus from moderating due to my thesis.
One of my favorite game ever: Mordor: The Depths Of Dejenol Community
The beautiful signature is from Biriwilg

Thank you. Yes, why delete old threads? What's said is said. It's not like 50 ppl need to know each others' preferences on anime. Sheesh. Also, it does not take long to search, with the new server and all.

CyanideBlizzard

Retired Moderator

CyanideBlizzard

Margarita Time!

It doesn't take that much time. Unless you think spending (at the most) 5-10 minutes is too much time.......Saying it takes up too much time is an excuse and is almost saying "I want to get into trouble" Don't make up an excuse about it. Search, if it takes up too much time then don't make a topic, its that simple. Don't waste a mods time making a dupe topic just because you were too lazy to search. Also the forums here work differently, some places they stress on closing old topics and hate bumping, I personally think its great, it saves from having two of the same topic over and over. Which is stupid in my opinion, don't close a topic cause its old and create an exact same new one. I never got that, at all.

Signature Image

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 44 total items

Back to Minitokyo Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.