Why require level 5 to download scans?

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 37 total items

AH-Zeruel

AH-Zeruel

Bishounen Angel Hunter

Cancel

I think that asking for level five to download scans is a cheap move, if someone is interested in minitokyo thy will just post, but require participation is not fair play...
Please tell me the reason of this because i need to reach level 5 :P

Go Then- Said the Angel -And Leave This World to Those Who Trully Care-
Signature

..::Hispanime::.. El acento que faltaba .. . .. ..::Wallpaper Critique Club::.. Start of a New Journey
..::Ecchi-Club::.. Proud member :')

Limality

Limality

Sleeping Beast

Cancel

the reason for this of course (and which should be obvious) is because of MiniTokyo's bandwidth...i mean would you like it to only have leechers gettin all the bandwidth while the "true" members of MT which are really active can't get any or have bad experiences due to leechers ? No i guess you wouldn't like that.

That move is not cheap it's just to scare leechers off because MT lives from the members and not from leechers...hope ye understand

*Leecher = somebody getting something, but never gives something back

dMp

dMp

^___________^

Cancel

yeah...that's why we had a little discussion yesterday about uping that level a little higher. XD it's a possibility that Sheqel might even do it.

Sheqel

Administrator

Sheqel

Cancel

i may as well up it to level 10 XD

[edit] lol nvm, dmp hit the button first

KohakuXP

Neutral

Cancel

Whose idea was that? Great idea :)

Won't there be more spamming then?

• May 22, 2004

AH-Zeruel

AH-Zeruel

Bishounen Angel Hunter

Cancel

NNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO =' (
at least leave leechers like me work on your scans (beautiful.. beautiful scans...)
nah, jst kidding. Im starting to like this place..

Signature

..::Hispanime::.. El acento que faltaba .. . .. ..::Wallpaper Critique Club::.. Start of a New Journey

dMp

dMp

^___________^

Cancel

Quote by KohakuXPWhose idea was that? Great idea :)

Won't there be more spamming then?

yeah that might be an issue.

Limality

Limality

Sleeping Beast

Cancel

lol less ppl uploading duplicates XD

biriwilg

Retired Moderator

biriwilg

+indie mod+

Cancel

Plus, if we require people to actually level up, it'll weed out the leechers, and make them dedicated members of MT for life (hopefully). After all, it's worth it.

Taurec

Taurec

BAKA^2

Cancel

dedicated members ... ? wasn't the correct term .. minions of evil ... or MT Paper Slaves ?? <grin>

- Too bad stupidity isn't painful

Airrrrrrr

Limality

Limality

Sleeping Beast

Cancel

MT love dolls perhaps XD

GundamZZ

Retired Moderator

GundamZZ

the invisible mod

Cancel

lol....isn't it obvious the level constraint is to prevent leechers? XD itz already good that MT doesn't require email authentication during sign-ups ...so there must be some barrier to prevent mass leechers...... up the level i'll say! XD hehehe....or at least limit like 10 d/ls /24h from scan gallery for those below lvl 10 XD *evil grin*

Signature Image
*hugglez & kisses* <---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AH-Zeruel

AH-Zeruel

Bishounen Angel Hunter

Cancel

Quote by Taurecdedicated members ... ? wasn&#39;t the correct term .. minions of evil ... or MT Paper Slaves ?? <grin>

HAHAHAHAHAHA! XD

Well sure is a good way to get ppl to know MT...

Signature

sammo

Retired Moderator

sammo

Retired Moderator

Cancel

awww cmon...participating in a great community like this is a small price to pay for ALL the amazing scans we get! i promise you, this IS the largest scan database on the net. besides, i dont think it's really fair that we contribute so much, but someone can just waltz in, leech the scans, and never come back. not very cool.

GundamZZ

Retired Moderator

GundamZZ

the invisible mod

Cancel

hehe....i agree with sammo....itz like going into a mIRC channel and the first line u say is
!triva unlimited (inside joke *cough*) haha....j/k sammo

Signature Image
*hugglez & kisses* <---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kev

Retired Moderator

Hannibal

Cancel

sammo is a trivia monster, dont listen to him lol

well, lets see, level 5 is easily reachable, if u do a bit of comment, reply and uploads

see, theres even a person (noctum) who manages to reach up to level 88 for a months time, lol

Darkfire

-=LuthieN=-

Cancel

C'mon lvl 5 isnt that hard to reach... make some posts, upload 2 things and ure there. Might as well put it up to 10. Or make the Male/Female section 5, and the Ecchi/Hentai section 10 ^_^

~.:: Don't look back in anger, you're not the only one ::.~

• May 22, 2004

AH-Zeruel

AH-Zeruel

Bishounen Angel Hunter

Cancel

Quote by LuthiC&#39;mon lvl 5 isnt that hard to reach... make some posts, upload 2 things and ure there. Might as well put it up to 10. Or make the Male/Female section 5, and the Ecchi/Hentai section 10 ^_^

I was also thinking that posibility, since the Ecchi/Hentai scans are very nice, but i'll rather keep my mouth shut untill i can reach level 10.
And ofcourse you agree with the idea...!
YOU ARE LEVEL 10!!!

Signature

KohakuXP

Neutral

Cancel

Hentai section will be gone soon.

• May 23, 2004

Limality

Limality

Sleeping Beast

Cancel

so true and sad...XD anyways the idea to increase that level to lvl. 10 isn't a bad idea hehehe :D

Cancel

how do you increase in lv. do you just post at the forum's?

do you know why we live?
if not ask me, because i do...

• May 23, 2004

Limality

Limality

Sleeping Beast

Cancel

yes that's one of the various ways, comment on wallpapers and scans, post in forums write in guestbooks....

Zdenek

Zdenek

Bye bye~

Cancel

I think that the 10dl/24h for those with low level is a working idea. It really should be implemented, I believe.

And I would also add my own idea:
Let the respondents vote for the originality of a thread. If the thread is beneficial, the author will go up. But if people vote that it's spam, uh, oh. Worse level. I suggest this, because many people create unoriginal threads just to gain popularity.

OMG...liek I've bean banned cuz I'm n idiot. DUH ARMY GAME R0X0RZ!!1!!!!

• May 23, 2004
Cancel

Level 5 isn't hard to reach, but Level 10 is a different matter. It would be very difficult for non-waller like myself. I'm sure most members are active on the minitokyo network; it's just that not everyone is looking for scans to wall and wallpapers for their desktops. I like the scan section just for the sheer delight of having the image.

Try this URL: <http://gh.ffshrine.org/?r=11074> I like it and I hope you all will.

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 37 total items

Back to Minitokyo Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.