Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 [Suggestion]Art & Design Tutorial section - Minitokyo

[Suggestion]Art & Design Tutorial section

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 35 total items

KorganoS

KorganoS

Busy atm ^_^;;

Okay,... this still has something to do with the controversy that happening in MT nowadays, about all the wallpaper quality bar being raised, and all the bitching about wallies get deleted...

I'll just get to the point
I've seen a lot of ppl complaining "How am I spposed to improve if my walls keep getting deleted?" and such...
One of the solution to that would be Tutorials
We have this 'Art and Design Lounge', .. we have this pinned subject on 'Photoshop Tutorial sites' although not all members can afford Photoshop... ( <.< that's another story.. )
Why don't we have our very own 'Art and Graphics Tutorial' section...
okay, you might say,.. "Sheez, just go to those site links in the Tut sites thread and d/l some tuts"
but wouldn't it be better to encourage our members, especially seasoned wallers to start sharing their techniques and stuff to the n00bs or waller-starters..? We are an Anime Art Community afterall... :\
and moreover, tutorials posted as single threads in the 'Art and Design Lounge' will eventually go all the way down the page and no longer visible. Just like what nearly happened to my tut that I posted there..

Now how to make sure ppl will post there? Because posting tuts means putting some effort and the tut that's posted there should have a minimum degree of quality in mind..
Answer : by making the rules/system just similar to the 'Anime Reviews' section...
ppl submit tuts and they gain level increase, and from the comments received.
To avoid tutorial spam, we should have a pinned subject 'Post tutorial application here'..

Tell me what do you think about this..

For HQ anime pieces of art
visit : [FRAGMENTS] - www.crash.inweb.dk

MT deserves a tutorial such as this. :\

Gamefish

Gamefish

Sashimi-san

sounds good to me Korgano.. unlucky for you I'm not one of the higher people around on Mt ~_~
anyway, I like this suggestion ^^

zaira

zaira

call me tuna!

m....well it should have really..... :\

and its great to hav that anyway..

ok sounds good to me... :)

Signature
soul-eater-shibusen sword-shana-lily tsubasa clampfans

boogybro

boogybro

Doing the happy dance.

It's only right, this is probably the biggest wallpaper making website you can find, of course it should be encouraging people to get better.

Quote: Art and Graphics Tutorial

A wiser suggestion cannot be made, I've always found it kinda stupid this place doesn't have one. And now that the affliate's that was on the main page has gone, it's even worse.

Signature

Katzbalger

Katzbalger

Managment Fun

I'm all for it Korgano, and it's a great idea. Let's see if Sheq'll pick it up though... and if he has the time to create it.

exentric

exentric

Plain Lazy

o_O
this is some sweeeeeet suggestion
I would love to share sum of meh skillz~ (tho I aint good in the 1st place but will sufficent enough for noobs >_>)
This is one idea I wanna support 100%~ ^_^

Keltosh

Retired Moderator

Keltosh

Inquisitor on hiatus

Somehow I don't think it would be a good idea >_> we would be swarmed by ripped tutorials >_> Ppl browsing good-tutorials.com and posting them .... >_>

Signature
I am now on hiatus from moderating due to my thesis.
One of my favorite game ever: Mordor: The Depths Of Dejenol Community
The beautiful signature is from Biriwilg

dans

dans

busy u_u

I'll support the idea. :D
how about making only lv 50+ can submit tutorial to prevent ripped tutorials ?

Signature Image
"It's not the great who are strong. It's the strong who are great."
Latest Work : FMA - Reunited

That's a great suggestion. And I think with the pinned subject 'Post tutorial application here' like Korgie said, there wouldn't be so many rip problem, anyway it would be easier to point them out than with the reviews for example.

exentric

exentric

Plain Lazy

Quote by dansI'll support the idea. :D
how about making only lv 50+ can submit tutorial to prevent ripped tutorials ?

ohh~~
that a good one~
to be more strict~ put only ppl who have the permission from the mod can post. that and the level 50 requirement. XD

KorganoS

KorganoS

Busy atm ^_^;;

I aggree with Dans' input... :)
Lv 50+ users who tries to lv up by submitting ripped tuts are just plain retarded... :hmpf:

For HQ anime pieces of art
visit : [FRAGMENTS] - www.crash.inweb.dk

ded113

The Grunge Princess

Good idea. Dosen't hurt to learn some new stuff. And having a HIGH level to see the tuts sounds promising. On the other hand, ppl who is retarded enough to rip tutorials.

Electrastar

Electrastar

MT's official Roy fangirl

I support the idea. I have been to many tutorial sites and not all of them have the topics I'm interested in...I would love to learn techniques from the master wallers here. To make sure the tutorials aren't ripped, maybe the access to this section of the forum could be limited to a few people at first than expanded if the quality of the tutorials is high.

Signature Image

Hum, about the lvl 50 idea, I think it would be better to let the mods judge according to the case. I mean ppl like Sir-Boingal0t are not lvl 50, though their walls are amongst the best. Ok, that's more like an exception I guess ^_^'

levezzali

levezzali

Purge Existence

I think it would be a fine thing to have a tutorial area... Specially in this site...

Well... let's hope it gets out of the idea!

Purified Existence of a Lost Soul

... ok ... I am not a that serious person !! XD

Rebel-Soul-Kaze

Rebel-Soul-Kaze

Glittering Crux Emperor

o.o, i think in the same way that GaiJin,but in general is a awesome idea Korganos

K I R A B O S H I !

tecnophreak

tecnophreak

retired user

sounds good man, sounds real good. it would be mroe work for the mods though, and god knows they work pretty hard as it is.

Signature

Athrun

Athrun

Flying Chain Chomp

Good point is that some ppl would no longer have gripe their heads looking around Good Tutorials and stuff.

Bad point are the rippers, obviously. I'd suggest that elite members or any high lvl member post the tut, but that'd prolly make them gripe their heads. XP So I dunno what to say at this point.

Still buying pokemon cards?
My Ebay!
Don't miss out on very rare stuff! *Japanese Shiny Krookodile*, Full Art Ho-oh EX and Elesa deck sleeves! Very hard to find and very expensive from Japanese sellers! Get them while they're at a low cost! Ending very soon!

KogoroS ...did i spell it rite...??? anyway...this idea is good...but again...there are many risks at here too...i am not very good at walling...i wanna learn too...but...the ripping part is just...the issues now...this is a tough decision....i have no idea how to suggest this...but elite, top-level, and the top-wallers should post the tut ONLY...any one found ripping it...or post it on other site...banned them...!!

Signature Image

It seems like a decent idea but...

Quote by KeltoshSomehow I don't think it would be a good idea &gt;_&gt; we would be swarmed by ripped tutorials &gt;_&gt; Ppl browsing good-tutorials.com and posting them .... &gt;_&gt;

Yeah. Only tuts I really use are Shinta's anyhow. I dunno, maybe ask the ppl bitching about their wall to read tuts?

i dont think its needed, how hard is it for people to search "photoshop tuts" in google. good tutorials are fairly easy to find so i dont really see the need for it,

Riana

Riana

Kaitou Ash

I agree I think a tutorials section would be a great idea to add on to MT, especially as Korgano pointed out, this is a community. And I think the level requirements is a good idea for posting tutorials, but definately a step back if you make it a requirement to VIEW them. Duh.

i also think level 50 is a bit high. I mean, people like MyrrhLynn and I do pretty good quality work, but we're not level 50. I know some members that really try their hearts out and would love to write up some tutorials for techniques they're really good at, but they're no where near level 50. And plus, people that high up probably have better things to do than write tutorials. Why not have a mod screen tutorials before they're posted, make sure they aren't ripped? And if they are, simply warn/ban the ripper. Two birds with one stone.

ultimaslair

ultimaslair

Alien from Inner Cabinet

Sounds like a great idea to me. Although, I do agree...it's not absolutely necessary, since, there are soooo many other places to get tutorials. However, I can see a tutorial section being pretty beneficial in a lot of ways. I suppose the 50+ lvl rule is a pretty good rule, but then....I can't submit any of my tutorials I am writing now...=(. But that's okay, I suppose they can wait, or I'm sure someone else will cover the tutorials. I think, if we pose some sort of rules to it, a tutorial section could go quite well.

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 35 total items

Back to Minitokyo Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.