Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Why require level 5 to download scans? - Minitokyo

Why require level 5 to download scans?

This thread is closed for posting.

page 2 of 2 « Previous 1 2 37 total items

Sheqel

Administrator

Sheqel

Quote by ZdenekI think that the 10dl/24h for those with low level is a working idea. It really should be implemented, I believe.

And I would also add my own idea:
Let the respondents vote for the originality of a thread. If the thread is beneficial, the author will go up. But if people vote that it's spam, uh, oh. Worse level. I suggest this, because many people create unoriginal threads just to gain popularity.

sadly, community popularity is based on quantity, not quality

Limality

Limality

Sleeping Beast

so why don't we try n change that XD
yeah i know because no matter how hard you go against the mainstream...it always takes you with it XD

Zdenek

Zdenek

Bye bye~

Quote by Sheqel
sadly, community popularity is based on quantity, not quality

It is, because you did it like that. It's as if an ant said that bread is an unstable building material, because ants eat it.
Let's change the world!
- PKO

OMG...liek I've bean banned cuz I'm n idiot. DUH ARMY GAME R0X0RZ!!1!!!!

Limality

Limality

Sleeping Beast

yeah Zdenek is right...Leave bread in a dry place and it will get hard becoming good building material....

i'm pretty active, its just sometimes i might post for no reason and feel like im trying to spam fast to reach to lvl 5 :P

But after I reach lvl5, I will post daily, but more free I think :)

Oh btw, Im new here!

anime + read = A+

candy-chan

Retired Moderator

candy-chan

hum....that theory is really....baaad >_<

"i will spam untill i get what i want then ill be good"

we may have more cases like that if required level is higher.....i think pple will just spam more to get higher...ne?

nat

Scanner

nat

collector

Nah, if you make the requirements higher, you just get less people to sign up, and thus, more dedicated members overall. Spammers generally give up or lose interest. Makes for a better community in the end.

Check out my art book and doujinshi reviews! http://www.nattoli.net

Good idea to ban those who you think are leeching and after they reach lvl 5 and never get pass it? :P

anime + read = A+

kc2

.:lost in eternity:.

Quote by candy-chanhum....that theory is really....baaad >_<

&quot;i will spam untill i get what i want then ill be good&quot;

we may have more cases like that if required level is higher.....i think pple will just spam more to get higher...ne?

leechers and spammers= baaddXD

Signature Image
Member of -:: "[Express]" ::- -::"[MT's Family]"::--::"[Love Hina]"::-
Moderator of-:: "[Celestia]" ::-

AH-Zeruel

AH-Zeruel

Bishounen Angel Hunter

Well... After all the talking they made it...
I Got a 403 : Forbidden
Level 10 required!!!!! ;_;
it seems that i'll have to wait a bit longer... (lets just hope hentai scans remain there until i got it)

Go Then- Said the Angel -And Leave This World to Those Who Trully Care-
Signature

..::Hispanime::.. El acento que faltaba .. . .. ..::Wallpaper Critique Club::.. Start of a New Journey
..::Ecchi-Club::.. Proud member :')

Where's the ToS agreement?

"What Democratic congressmen do to their women staffers; Republican congressmen do to the country." - Bill Maher

Quote by Limality
That move is not cheap it's just to scare leechers off because MT lives from the members and not from leechers...hope ye understand

Actually, a more obvious (and sensible) tonic to detour bandwidth parasites would be to simply include a preferential treatment service for active members of the site and remove the clique-like blinders (which appears to be in this site’s current manifestation).

This method is best displayed on www.Wincustomize.com.

Wincustomize provides the same content to all its users with the exception that members have a much higher download allowance than standard guest; X amount of downloads per day/week for non-members.

This method appears to be the most sensible resolution as it does not bar or hinder its members from content* and in fact, subtly suggest they join for the added gratuity and perquisites the site has to offer. (*Read: one may be hindered from downloading 10 files in a given day, but the same content would be available to ‘em within a 24hour time span.)

Whereas this website appears to be motivated by mere feedback of its members, thus making it appear like a glorified, puffed up clique disguised as an artist community.

One has to raise the question: How many potential guest/users have been turned away due to the strict feedback requirements?

Just some groceries for thought.

-Wanted-

"What Democratic congressmen do to their women staffers; Republican congressmen do to the country." - Bill Maher

D'oh! I better get my butt moving then and make/scan some stuff :P

Fallen Angels have no choice but to become Demons

page 2 of 2 « Previous 1 2 37 total items

Back to Minitokyo Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.