Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Suggestions for the FAQ - Minitokyo

Suggestions for the FAQ

page 1 of 1 15 total items

Keltosh

Retired Moderator

Keltosh

Inquisitor on hiatus

UPDATED 31/12/2004

Very well, I'm in charge of rewriting the FAQ. So, I checked these threads http://forum.minitokyo.net/showthread/8363/ and http://forum.minitokyo.net/showthread/1928/ , took the important things out of them and then got to work.
So here I am, asking to YOU members what you would like to see and what you think would be useful to have in the FAQ.

Before posting, keep in mind that this thread is for useful suggestions only. Anything else will get deleted.
Also before posting anything on submissions, keep in mind you can find the most up-to-date guidelines in this thread http://forum.minitokyo.net/showthread/10833/

Alright now, this is the current list of questions that will be addressed in the FAQ as of now. The sources were these threads
http://forum.minitokyo.net/showthread/10833/
http://forum.minitokyo.net/showthread/1877/
http://forum.minitokyo.net/showthread/10242/
as well as the existing faq. Please suggest any other question you'd like to have answered here.

General
What does FAQ mean?
Why are there ads?
How do I get to be a partner?
What is the Shoutbox for?
What are levels, and how do they work?
What kind of additional features will I be able to use as my level grows?
Can I swear/ post links to 18+ sites/etc.?
Can I speak in other languages than english?
What if I break the rules?
I got a warning. What does that means?
What is the status?
What are groups? How do I join them?

Submissions and Submitting
What are the uploading restrictions, and why are they there?
What are the downloading restrictions, and why?
What are the acceptable wallpaper resolutions?
What does it mean by 'Low Quality Submissions'?
What is 'mature content'?
What category do I put my submission in?
What can I submit as a scan?
What can I submit as wallpaper?
What can I submit as Indyart?
How do I submit an image?
Who is bot[chii] and why does he keep deleting my submissions?
Can I submit black and white scans?
What if the scan I want to upload is already here, but mine's better?
What if the work I upload doesn't have a category for the series?
How is the quality and effort of my wallpapers evaluated?
Do I need to keep my Phoroshop/Corel/GIMP/Other files?
What if a moderator asks for proof I did a wallpaper?
What if my wallpaper is deleted and I think the deletion is unfair?
How do I get one of my wallpapers featured on the main page?

Browsing and Gallery
How do I add a submission to my favorites?
How do I remove a submission from my favorites?
How and when do I report submissions?

Forum
What kind of thread can I create?
How do I make a new forum thread?
Why was my thread closed?
What are the various forums for?
What are the BBCodes, and how do I use them?
How do I use the smilies?

How do I view all the posts and comments that i've made?
How do I delete messages?
What is considered spam?
What is double posting?
What's this character limit thing when I try to post a message?
Someone made a harassing post; what do I do?

Settings and customization
How do I add an avatar to my account?
How can I add an image to my signature?
How do I make a signature and avatar?
Why is it not allowed to remote link signature images?
What messages will I get, and when?
What are Private Messages (PMs)?
Why is there only one skin for Minitokyo?
How do I customize my userpage?
What is XHTML, HTML and tags?

Userpages
Can I edit my Favorite's?
How do I add a friend?
How do I remove a friend?
How do I add my website to my userpage?
Someone posted something I don't like in my guestbook, what do I do?

That's it for now.

Signature
I am now on hiatus from moderating due to my thesis.
One of my favorite game ever: Mordor: The Depths Of Dejenol Community
The beautiful signature is from Biriwilg

cyberstorm

cyberstorm

Error Remaker

My work got deleted, why?
that's probably a question that should be addressed in the faq... :)
and perhaps put the userpage customisation under the userpages topic too?

I'll edit this post as i come up with more questions...

additional:
Do I have to agree with the Minitokyo Policy to become a member?

Signature
"Be normal and the crowd will accept you, be deraged and they will make you their leader..." - Christopher Titus

MadMover

MadMover

The Underside of the Kitties Paw

They are all very good suggestions. At least your are thinking of the obvious here and that's just what the FAQ's are supposed to be for. Hats off to Keltosh.

Believe in the freedom of music!

Signature

exentric

exentric

Plain Lazy

me think me got 1 for yer to add

I know a member who have been spamming all over MT. How do I report him/her?
What is the difference between Gallery Director, Elite Member, Member, Restricted Member, and Banned Member?
I have a complaint. What shoud I do? Make a thread or go straight to the mods?

How do I get one of my wallpapers featured on the main page?

Alpha

Alpha

DreamMaster

A simple FAQ in that show all the members the deletion criteria of MT and all respect that.
Members and gallery directors must folow the rules one by one without exceptions and ambiguous interpretations. Rules clear for everyone and we will all happy.

Just a suggestion.

Cheers.

calisqo

calisqo

::RERAITO::

Quote by DarkParagonHow do I get one of my wallpapers featured on the main page?

this is an interesting one ^_^

*other faq's maybe how do get ouut a group (yesterday thread not sure who posted it though just check)

*to remove old fav.(although I don't c the point of this at moment i have seen some members asking)

* clear clarification with suggestive scans and hentai.

* which mods should I address regarding complaints and questions? Is it just the forum?

KorganoS

KorganoS

Busy atm ^_^;;

Quote: Do I need to keep my PSD files?

LoL... not everyone using PS,...
some of them use GiMP, PSP, Corel and other softwares...
why not change the 'psd' stuff to 'Original Format Work' or something else that has more larger scope? ^_^'
dunno what's the right term for that... ahaha... my English suxx.. >.<

oh, and addition from me:

Quote: I want to make fixes/updates to my already submitted work -or- modify the description of my submission... how can I do that?

btw, keep up the great job, Kel... :) man, do you ever take a rest? XD rofl...

For HQ anime pieces of art
visit : [FRAGMENTS] - www.crash.inweb.dk

Sandy

Sandy

graphic fighter

Quote by KorganoSdunno what's the right term for that... ahaha... my English suxx..

Raw file. XD

candy-chan

Retired Moderator

candy-chan

I dont know what happened to the FAQ translations that Fallen(if im correct) and i did some time ago, sheqel should still have them, it would be usefull to actually USE them *coughcough*

egnirys

egnirys

Music is my Boyfriend.

Quote by Sandy

Quote by KorganoSdunno what's the right term for that... ahaha... my English suxx..

Raw file. XD

Not everyone that doesn't speak English fluently will understand 'raw file'. There must be a better way to say it.

Good job, Keltosh. I'm looking forward to the revisions. Thanks for taking my suggestions into account.

minimouzo

minimouzo

Papaya

it's not really about faq ; more about the support section ... i don't if you'll improve it too.

i'm going to translate the support section in french to help sheqel and i have suggestions

1) problem found while translating the support section :

quote by support section :
Moderators reserve the right to delete material that they deem inappropriate for the Minitokyo Galleries with or without deletion, even if that material conforms to this policy.

the "with or without deletion" is according to me unnecessary no ?

we should just write:
Moderators reserve the right to delete material that they deem inappropriate for the Minitokyo Galleries, even if that material conforms to the policy.

"with or without deletion" makes the sentece weird ... because we speak of deletion just earlier ...

maybe i didn't understand well that sentence ?

2) quote by support section :
You may only submit materials that have at least 16 bit-per-pixel; this does not include greyscale images.

it could be understand like this :
at least 16-bit-per-pixel pic allowed AND THAT proposition doesn't apply to greyscale image. SO greyscale images can be posted and be less thant 16-bit-per pixel

suggestion :
divide this point in two
*You may only submit materials that have at least 16 bit-per-pixel
**this rule doesn't apply to greyscale pictures which can't be uploaded on minitokyo

3)about all "technical" terms like blurry , ... explained as reason of deletion :

i have looked in the sticky threads and i didn't see one explainig clearly what is blurry , ...
maybe should it be great to have a thread with image examples of what isn't good ?

i ask this because i'm not sure of the real meaning of some terms.
i found the correct translation for blurry but there are other terms difficult to translate.
it could also help members to understand why their work is deleted. Maybe some just don't understand the content of the faq ... all persons aren't native speakers

4) about the moderate aspect of the faq

this point is especially due to jinzhou reaction :
i want to point out a thing that really make me irritated about mt ... i have made a forum post to try to discover why a friend of mine was banned. It's a natural reaction if a friend gets a problem i think. Well at the end , jinzhou pointed clearly why she was banned and it's all application of new rules ; so now, i understand . Even the "spam" she had done was considerated as spam due to "bad quality". What confuses me, is that last week, i had a talk with biriwilg about "banning due to bad quality" ; and she said me it will not occur ... so the rules have again changed. Well i can accept this if rules are now well stated.
but what i can't accept is the way a person talked to all of us who only wanted to find "the truth". it's really irrespectuous. in moderators , there is also the word moderate no ? and if we, little users say one little thing that could irritate him then we haven't any chance. I can understand such petitions posts are annoying BUT i made it by my own decision because that's what a friend should do. I think some diplomacy is also needed here to be a moderator
i have stayed polite ; i have asked nice questions ... so i don't deserve such behaviour according to me

this is too conclude on the current sentences of the faq but i think this point has now been corrected ... i saw it two days ago and today it seems to be changed.
it went about doujinshi : if your work is crap then it is removed
i'm thankful that this sentence has been corrected

well i have finished ; i must say i agree to rules ; but some changes are necessary.

Eat a papaya everyday and everything will be ok Signature Image

Support section

Keltosh

Retired Moderator

Keltosh

Inquisitor on hiatus

Updated. The new FAQ will be finished soon, so please if you have some other suggstion post it now!

Signature
I am now on hiatus from moderating due to my thesis.
One of my favorite game ever: Mordor: The Depths Of Dejenol Community
The beautiful signature is from Biriwilg

irix

irix

quam sidera multa, cum tacet nox

i'm wait to view the final one, and thanks for all the help that you give now keltosh!!! ^^

Quote by exentric
What is the difference between Gallery Director, Elite Member, Member, Restricted Member, and Banned Member?

and i like to known the differences too, and why that sucess?
ex. why i can get an "elite" titled in my member status here? [something like that...]

minimouzo

minimouzo

Papaya

my point 2) can be completed

quote support section :
You may not submit any unmodified/copyrighted material from another website, online gallery or the like. This does include images with only basic editting like retouching and cropping.

All submitted material must have a certain degree of quality, which is unconditionally decided by the Gallery Directors. This does not include 'filter-whore' wallpapers, one-color or very simplistic wallpapers, or screenshots, modified or not.

we could change "this does not include" by "the set of allowed material does not include"

therefore, it isn't necessary to divide the sentence in two :) it makes shorter sentences and the confusion is away. because as i explained the "this does not include" can report to the quality and not to the set.
For example :
All submitted material[set] must have a certain degree of quality[condition]
this[condition] doesn't apply to [xxx]

so [xxx] is in [set=allowed material] and can be the opposite of "must have a certain degree of quality due to the "not include"

Eat a papaya everyday and everything will be ok Signature Image

Support section

page 1 of 1 15 total items

Back to Minitokyo Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.