Tales of Symphonia vs. Skies of Arcadia: Legends

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 1 23 total items

Cancel

I'm in a bit of a pickle here! I have two of my favorite RPGs in my hands! On my right is Tales of Symphonia, and awesome RPG with real-time battles and some of the coolest summons! On my left is Skies of Arcadia: Legends, also an awesome RPG with turn-based battles and some of the coolest ship battles! I just spoke to ManOnFire the key differences of the two RPGs and they are still great games! I wonder, tell me what you like about both Tales and Skies, what you don't like about the two, and then vote for your fav game plus tell me why you voted one over the other, k? Imo, I like both games, they're really long RPGs! :)

Keough

Keough

Lockhart

Cancel

i Heard the people that make ToS also made SoA altho i could be wrong. But mai votes goes to ToS for 1 main reason, Never played SoA before OX

Cancel

i remember skies of arcadie being pretty good on dreamcast

• Dec 30, 2004

ManOnFire

ManOnFire

Fiery wrath time! MWAHAHAHA!

Cancel

It really is a tough question for me, but I'd go with Tales, partly because I never played Skies (but I hear it's good), partly because Tales is so addicting and simple, and partly because of the great anime works in Tales. XD

If it's red or fiery, I'll pay attention! WOOHOO! If it's red and fiery, GIMME!
Check my fiery userpage! (though I'm no photoshop expert):
Signature Image
Signature image made by ShueiTenshi. Thanks!

• Dec 30, 2004

CyanideBlizzard

Retired Moderator

CyanideBlizzard

Margarita Time!

Cancel

Gah.....A tough choice but I know the majority of the vote will go to ToS.

Why? Because Skies was first introduced on the Dreamcast and dispite the fact of being a very well done game with a wonderful idea (Fighting in a ship...ugh its so great) you could get lost VERY easily and confused. Skies really could of used voices to be honest...when I played the Dreamcast version I felt it really lacked in that category...its a wonderful game to play....but if you really want a game with a great plot and gorgeous graphics, I'd go with Tales. Skies is a beautiful game and they really changed alot since the Dreamcast days...but the only true difference is a new character and the main characters look better.

Though this is also part of a personal opinion, I never got into Skies while my friend did, but we both agreed on one thing. Tales of Symphonia is simply a godly game. The best of the Tales series if I do say so myself.

If you like Air Pirates and enjoy a different style of RPG, check out Skies. Though I felt Tales was alot more compelling. Just my opinion though.

Note : Tales was developed by Namco and the Tales team. Skies was developed by Sega.

Signature Image

• Dec 30, 2004
Cancel

Quote by Keoughi Heard the people that make ToS also made SoA altho i could be wrong.
But mai votes goes to ToS for 1 main reason, Never played SoA before OX

Skies was made by Sega & Tales was made by Namco! Still hard to choose, though!

Quote by CyanideBlizzardGah.....A tough choice but I know the majority of the vote will go to
ToS.
Why? Because Skies was first introduced on the Dreamcast and dispite
the fact of being a very well done game with a wonderful idea (Fighting
in a ship...ugh its so great) you could get lost VERY easily and
confused. Skies really could of used voices to be honest...when I
played the Dreamcast version I felt it really lacked in that
category...its a wonderful game to play....but if you really want a
game with a great plot and gorgeous graphics, I'd go with Tales. Skies
is a beautiful game and they really changed alot since the Dreamcast
days...but the only true difference is a new character and the main
characters look better. Though this is also part of a personal opinion,
I never got into Skies while my friend did, but we both agreed on one
thing. Tales of Symphonia is simply a godly game. The best of the Tales
series if I do say so myself. If you like Air Pirates and enjoy a
different style of RPG, check out Skies. Though I felt Tales was alot
more compelling. Just my opinion though.

Doesn't Cy always make the best points? XD You are correct, Skies really needs voice acting, but I thought Skies is equally as compelling as Tales! Oh well, since there are a bunch of Tales fas as there is Skies fans, I think Tales will win the majority! :)

Yodelforcookie

Yodelforcookie

As days go by...

Cancel

It goes to Tales of Symphonia.
I just loved it more, it appealed to me.
Skies, by the time I got it, it kind of was already drowned within a million other RPGs.
Loved it, though.

"Man created an acid rain that now washes away the sandcastles he built.
...or perhaps he needed it to wash away... all his deeply hidden secrets..."

• Dec 30, 2004
Cancel

yes srry to say it but ToS pawns Skies XD
the only thing the i liked about skies wats that kickass ship battles n all the crew members u cud get..Tos has a stronger story n lots of kools moves n its not based on a turned based fighting style which is great n less annoying...the only problem is that if u were playin muti-players on ToS then the camera only follows the player 1 so the rest of the ppl mite have been off screen...

o_O-0
weeeeeeeee

• Dec 30, 2004
Cancel

Skies of Arcadia is a good game I spent many fun hours with it (about 50 or so)
exept those boooring ship-battles.
But still Tales of Symphonia is so much more fun. I bought it about two months ago
and I'm still playing it. I've spent almost 70 hours with it and I'm still "beating the snot out of fiends" to get up those grades.

Ohh, You've touched my inner child. T_T
AND NOW HE'S MAAAAD!

PureTypeDZanza

PureTypeDZanza

Lone Wolf

Cancel

O.O damn lol tough choice there. Hmm my vote goes to Skies of Arcardia because of all the cool ship battles and all those crew members that u get and of course the final battle with Ramirez. TOS was an awesome game! That game has so much replayability especially trying to get all the titles and the devil arm weapons. All in all TOS was an awesome game but i go with Skies of Arcardia.

• Dec 31, 2004
Cancel

Quote by StarCentury

Quote by Keoughi Heard the people that make ToS also made SoA altho i
could be wrong.
But mai votes goes to ToS for 1 main reason, Never played SoA before
OX

Skies was made by Sega & Tales was made by Namco! Still hard to
choose, though!

Quote by CyanideBlizzardGah.....A tough choice but I know the majority
of the vote will go to
ToS.
Why? Because Skies was first introduced on the Dreamcast and dispite
the fact of being a very well done game with a wonderful idea (Fighting
in a ship...ugh its so great) you could get lost VERY easily and
confused. Skies really could of used voices to be honest...when I
played the Dreamcast version I felt it really lacked in that
category...its a wonderful game to play....but if you really want a
game with a great plot and gorgeous graphics, I'd go with Tales. Skies
is a beautiful game and they really changed alot since the Dreamcast
days...but the only true difference is a new character and the main
characters look better. Though this is also part of a personal opinion,
I never got into Skies while my friend did, but we both agreed on one
thing. Tales of Symphonia is simply a godly game. The best of the Tales
series if I do say so myself. If you like Air Pirates and enjoy a
different style of RPG, check out Skies. Though I felt Tales was alot
more compelling. Just my opinion though.

Doesn't Cy always make the best points? XD You are correct, Skies
really needs voice acting, but I thought Skies is equally as compelling
as Tales! Oh well, since there are a bunch of Tales fas as there is
Skies fans, I think Tales will win the majority! :)

yes that opinion that's respectfull!!!!!!!!keep this kind of treats are good!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Dec 31, 2004
Cancel

Quote by PureTypeDZanzaO.O damn lol tough choice there. Hmm my vote goes to Skies of Arcardia
because of all the cool ship battles and all those crew members that u
get and of course the final battle with Ramirez. TOS was an awesome
game! That game has so much replayability especially trying to get all
the titles and the devil arm weapons. All in all TOS was an awesome
game but i go with Skies of Arcardia.

Yes, a vote 4 Skies! I agree, the final battle with Ramirez is an awesome fight! I also like the cool as hell plot twists in Skies! They're my highlight! :)

Cancel

As much as I love Tales of Symphonia, and that's a lot, Skies of Arcadia still stands as my 2nd fav RPG (the 1st being Phantasy Star IV)

so my vote goes for Skies!

Tales is a lot of fun to play, but I just enjoyed Skies a lot lot more, the atmosphere in Skies is really unique, and the characters are so loveable, the concepts and story were absolutely amazing. Skies was simply thrilling.

Tales has an awesome battle system, which Skies lack, but Tales just felt like every other RPG out there... many cliche's and personally the story's kinda meh... still an awesome game though, but I just love Skies of Arcadia more! look at my sig! ^___^

• Dec 31, 2004
Cancel

Hands down, i would pick Tales of Symphonia!!!

Skies had a very slow battle system and that ruined the experence for me.
And Shenna is cute!!! :)

• Dec 31, 2004

triforce

triforce

Hentai Gamer

Cancel

of course that tos

All wants the power of the triforce but is so mucho for the mortals [b]
Signature
Member of:
Hispa anime
Ecchi-Club
Nintendo-Love

[/b]

• Dec 31, 2004

AWS

AWS

A.mman W.ar S.oftware

Cancel

I won't vote for either, but the artwork in Tales of Symphonia is definately cooler :). Oh and Phantasy Star IV was a great game but was it just me or was the music awful.

Login:Harry Gorman
Password:Blue-Eyed Boy

Distortion

Distortion

Bwahahaha!

Cancel

Alright I love both games have played almost every tales game, except the jap version of phantasia on the PS1, I have to tell you that the voice acting in Arcadia of course is lacking because there is none, the graphic on the main characters have vastly been improved, which makes it kinda awkward when conversing with the ugly NPC's. The 3D world completely sucks you in and surrounds you, personally I get lost in this game and love to fly around and sight-see, Customizalbe ship which is a plus, the story is alright, not too many plot twists and pretty straight forward, but there is one thing I like better than Tales here, most people like character devlopment in the games, frankly I kinda hate it, with Skies there is almost no character devolpment, he's just like, "Well so what if they couldn't do it I will or die trying." most people might find that a con I find it a Pro, because I can connect with that character easier knowing this is basically what he's going to do.
Alright on to Tales, it may be 3Dish but it's not 3D enough to where you get lost in it, of course it looks better than Skies, and in tales you can avoid the giant amphibious monsters on the world map so no random encounter's. Voice acting, but it sometimes feels what they are saying and what you're hearing doesn't quite match in emotion, battle system work beautifully, plot has many twists and turns, some more obvious than others, and then there's the skits or as I like to call getting to know your ditzy character's, not really but sometimes they say serious things in those, and there is one thing I loved more than Skies is that when you end a battle if you have the right character say the right thing the others would reply sometimes too. O.K. back to game, there's some sweet moves and it has some replay value, if you want to get everything, or just have someone go through the game in costume or something, but to tell you the truth I found myself bored by the third time through, and found myself coming back to Skies.

So in my personal opinion I say Skies, and I know this has nothing to do with anything but DAMN YOU japan! screw ME OUT OF phantasia again! vengence WILL BE mine! wooooo!

Signature
Remember kids! Violence cures cancer!
"You're liquefied, betch!", Frylock.

• Jan 01, 2005

LuciferMarik

LuciferMarik

The Hooded One

Cancel

Tales of Symphonia

Sig text deleted because it violated the guidelines. Please only 4 lines of text

• Jan 01, 2005
Cancel

Tales of Symphonia better

charmyc

charmyc

Charmy

Cancel

never played sky of arcadia is it a great game O_O i loved tale of symphonia ^^ on what console sky or arcadia is?

Signature
.::.Visit my Site .::..::.Charmy Shrine.::.

Cancel

Quote by charmycnever played sky of arcadia is it a great game O_O i loved tale of symphonia ^^ on what console sky or arcadia is?

For Dreamcast, and the remake is on the Gamecube!

Cancel

Skies is getting trashed in the poll =(
someone vote for Skies!!!

• Jan 01, 2005

CyanideBlizzard

Retired Moderator

CyanideBlizzard

Margarita Time!

Cancel

Quote by SonicFan500Skies is getting trashed in the poll =(someone vote for Skies!!!

Thats spam dude. Don't post if you have nothing to say. Vote for the game you like, not just cause you want it to succeed. I haven't voted because I really can't decided.

I decided to add actually, both games are wonderful games and both really excel. Just that poor Skies never got the promoting it deserved. (It had the horrible luck of comming out on the Dreamcast when Grandia II did and well....never really saw too much of it when it came out for the Gamecube) To be honest I have to agree with Distortion on this. Each game excels at certain points and some more than others. Tales overall appeals to the public because of its plot and characters. Where as Skies....had a smiling pirate that, in my opinion, had no sense of direction. Granted Vyse still was bad ass, he just fell into the stereotypical hero...and the game felt so repetative to me. Though alot of it became fun and the enviroment was outstanding...if you didn't know where you were going you were screwed, and I really mean screwed. I couldn't continue cause I didn't know where to advance and even resorted to a guide which didn't help in the slightest. Either I should never fly a plane, but last time I checked my sense of direction wasn't that bad.

Tales was more of straightfoward...which took alot away from it. To be honest I agree with Dis on this as well. Some of it was just so perdictable it really took away from the game. A HUGE plot twist should be more dramatic...instead it just made you feel like you knew already...the way it was presented was awful. I mean, I wasn't shocked at all, more of dissapointed in the presentation of it all. Both games have their up's and down's. I just ended up sticking with Tales because of my love for the series in general (I WILL get the PS1 version and play it, thats my goal for this year) and because I didn't get horribly lost in the Skies game.

Overall : Once again I have to recommend both games. They both have their up's and down's to it. Some more than others but overall if you are an RPG fan, I'd seriously check out both. Both in all out honesty are great games (I mean why else would they bring over Skies to GC if it wasn't?).

Signature Image

• Jan 02, 2005

page 1 of 1 23 total items

Back to Music & Movies | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.