Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Hello, Mr Wallpaper man, Here's your new card... - Minitokyo

Hello, Mr Wallpaper man, Here's your new card...

page 1 of 1 10 total items

gendo1

gendo1

LP Fan / Wall Critic

Get it people, it's worth the money and the 2 days till it gets to you.
http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=14-128-185&depa=0
Warning: for serious wallers only.

Signature

PTG

Firripu-Daioh

Yeah thats a nice card, but I think I could find a little more bang for my buck.

"If I went around saying I was an Emporer, just because some moistened bink had lobbed a scimitar at me,they'd put me away." (Dennis - Monty Python and the Holy Grail)

The 5900XT is currently the best bang for the bug chipset I'd say. Now, you could prolly find cheaper cards than the Gainward that do just as well though.
My PNY 5900XT, which is cheaper than the Gainward all the places I've seen, does 485/890 with the stock bios, with a modified 5950 bios it can do 550/930.

Taurec

Taurec

BAKA^2

Photoshop doesn't run any faster with that card. and MATROX still has the best 2d :P

- Too bad stupidity isn't painful

Airrrrrrr

Point, 2d-speed isn't an issue today so for wallpapers all cards would be alike. As for Matrox having the best 2d some people say that, but the difference is getting extremely small nowadays. Not worth paying the premiium for imo, considering that Matrox cards perform worse in 3d than consumer cards that cost a third their price. So for the normal users, and most wallpaper makers are that I'd say, the card in the topic might still be the best ;)

tele-fragd

tele-fragd

Cheeky Peach <3

I'd rather get my hands on a Geforce 6800 :)

Homer: Pffft English. Who needs that? I'm never going to England.
Mr Largo: Lisa, do you find something funny about the word "tromboner"?
-------------------------------------

//My Anime Collection

gendo1

gendo1

LP Fan / Wall Critic

PCI Express 16x is going to kill them all, won't it.
THe above card will probably be used more for gaming.

Signature

PCI-express won't mean that much difference speedwise initially. Even todays cards are satureated very well by the agp 4x interface, usually even 8x isn't needed to get the full performance of the cards. So the higher bandwith of pci-express shouldn't make much difference for a while until next-gen chipsets come that can use the bw.

It's definitely a gaming card, but if it wasn't for gaming we might as well still sit with out TNTs and be happy. Okay, 2d-quality has become a lot better, but they could easily have been so on the old chipsets too if they had just used better filters like today.

gendo1

gendo1

LP Fan / Wall Critic

I didn't think anyone was going to point out the bandwith irrelevance in my last post, well done Egrimm. It's always nice to see someone correct you on stuff. If you act ignorant you learn more ;-) It's true that the bottleneck for video cards has just about been elminated on system boards now... the monitors, hard drives, and cable bottlenecks are still present however, and as we all know, scratch disks are getting bigger and bigger.
The bottom line is, there are photoshop cards, and there are gaming cards. Decide which one you want and go get it. :-D

Signature

dustin

dustin

Gem Stone

Quote by EgrimmPoint, 2d-speed isn&#39;t an issue today so for wallpapers all cards would be alike. As for Matrox having the best 2d some people say that, but the difference is getting extremely small nowadays. Not worth paying the premiium for imo, considering that Matrox cards perform worse in 3d than consumer cards that cost a third their price. So for the normal users, and most wallpaper makers are that I&#39;d say, the card in the topic might still be the best ;)

Matrox cards aren't made for normal gaming use. They are designed mostly for professionals who are dealing with videoediting and such matters. That's why they suck at 3d.

page 1 of 1 10 total items

Back to Computers & Internet | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.