Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 can't post 3 minuts from last posting - Minitokyo

can't post 3 minuts from last posting

page 2 of 2 « Previous 1 2 34 total items

Shady14

Shady14

[paranoia.shady]

I think it's pretty sad how we aren't allowed to post more than once within 3 minutes... I thought it was so that people couldn't level up so fast or something... now i know it's for spam reduction...stupid spammers... ><

Quote by KeltoshThis feature is absolutely necessary for the site anyway.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the chief problem is bandwidth limits and the MySQL Server back end which are getting most of the traffic from people sucking huge amounts of scans etc. To put a stop to that, the Lvl 10 scan suck restriction was put into place so that people had to participate in the community before gaining greater download privileges.

Now that people are spamming the forums (in essence, doing exactly what you wanted them to do, which is participate), you put in a global restriction on ALL members with the post time limit. I find it annoying, because I type fast, have a relatively good command of the English language, and tend to provide more thoughtful answers in posts.

In software design, when you find you keep putting in workarounds to the workarounds, it means you need to go back and rethink the original design. Posting is not the problem. It's time to rethink the member rights and levels that are granted to newcomers, or determine ways to apply time limits to newbies but not to old-timers.

My $0.02.

--Mike

Khriss

Khriss

is addicted to RO again. sigh.

Ah well, its annoying to me too, but it prevents double posting ^__^

but its really annoying if ur on the spam thread playing some forum game :D

Quote by JSD324I understand it is to prevent spamming but couldn't you just lower the time a little
(to like 1 min. or 1 min. 30 sec.)?

i agree ^__^

Quote by GallCompMaybe with those three
extra minutes people may think better their posts before hitting the
"Post reply" button... This is not abig deal, specially since people
should be reading the whole posts on a thread before posting... I guess
that will mean no more "I agree" replyies...

Well said, and, yes it can be annoying, since I type pretty quickly. But, hey, it is for an excellent reason, n'est pas!

hishou

hishou

- elusive shadow user on hiatus-

It's an understandable rule. [nod-nod]
For me, it's also a slight pain, but just b/c I use the multi-tab function on my FF brower to open all threads that I'm interested in. ^_^'
All I have to do is wait a moment or two and hit F5 (or refresh button) to have my reply post. :nerd:

It's not a big deal or anything, in fact it's probably going to help out the staff a lot. Patience is all that is required of you; at least with this, among other things!! :nya:
-Li-

Signature
Need help? Double-check the FAQ before you thread. ^_~ *hint-hint*
My Most Recent Wall: Odyssey v2 - A Tsubasa: R.C. wallie! ^^
My Most Recent Doujinshi: "Angela"

Sheqel

Administrator

Sheqel

after reading the thread i decided to lower the time-out to 60 seconds

Quote by Sheqelafter reading the thread i decided to lower the time-out to 60 seconds

cool!!!!
now I can reply people in their guestbook faster ^^

tecnophreak

tecnophreak

retired user

awesome sheqel, your the man. I was just about to suggest that

Signature

Makhan

Makhan

Eccentric Angel

I agree, the three minute time limit was a bit ridiculous. It's one thing to try to prevent spam, but quite another to completely hamper posting ease. My thanks, as well.

Signature
New Wallpapers: Monochrome Etude
Und wenn du lange in einen Abgrund blickst, blickt der Abgrund auch in dich hinein.

RoninDude

Self inflicted swordsman

Wow, thanks Sheqel, that, awesome! I brouse a lot of doujinshi, and I love to comment on the upcoming artists, glad to hear that I can post more freely to them my comments and critiques!

page 2 of 2 « Previous 1 2 34 total items

Back to Minitokyo Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.