Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 U.S. Draft? - Minitokyo

page 1 of 1 14 total items

FallenAngel

FallenAngel

dead 12/28/08

I found this in the animesuki forums. If they pass this I think a lot of people will be running south of the border. http://www.congress.org/congressorg/issues/alert/?alertid=5834001&content_dir=ua_congressorg

dMp

dMp

^___________^

shoot this better not pass.

PTG

Firripu-Daioh

Yes that would suck. Maybe I should leave the country now and get an advantage, or maybe wait get drafted and be a company clerk to a MASH unit, like corpral O'RielyXD (MASH is a great show).

"If I went around saying I was an Emporer, just because some moistened bink had lobbed a scimitar at me,they'd put me away." (Dennis - Monty Python and the Holy Grail)

Vaasasu

Vaasasu

Vaasasu

Oh, my...

OK, living in one of the countries where the draft is active (slowly dying, but still alive) for subtle political reasons (mainly for the on-going "tension" with one of the neighboring countries), I had no problem serving in the Armed Forces. Fact is I got off active duty on March '03, while I'll still be a reservist till 2008 or something. Aiight, this is "acceptable"; I get F-16s breaking into our FIR like everyday, while the words "scramble" and "interception" are as common as "what's up".
However, I don't see a reason why the US would be in any need for draftees, given the fact the current quantity of the personell is enough to have pro troops all over the world, while the quality of weaponry is superb.

Am I glad where I live doesn't do that, it sounds liek it sucks

"Given the choice, whether to rule a corrupt and failing empire or to challenge the fates for another throw, a better throw, against ones destiny, what is a king to do?
But does one ever turly have a choice?
One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate, and thus defy the tyrannous stars" - Kain -Legacy of Kain Defiance

These are a couple of bill that have been brought up by some wack-o democrats. This issue is not being pushed by the Bush administration. And the whole article is just some random person posting on a shout box. I highly doubt these 2 bills will get passed.

The Pentagon is supporting it though...

-Timber

-Timber

glass guru

I doubt it'll happen. They threatened this the first time we fought Iraq and it didn't go through.

Signature

hmm... NOOOO i dont want to get drafted.. THEN I CANT WATCH ANIME.. or read MANGA... NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO..... but if i did... oohhhhh.... those damn iraq.. or whoeva they are.. are gonna get FU**** up... cuz im damn krazy... make them pay.. for taking away my precious time

Chickomon

Chickomon

The Dog of War

Whoohoo for being a Canadian, though now that I've said that, watch the same thig happen here. Anyhoo, I have agree with Bigdadyb on that it just seems like a random person complaining. If it was an actual news letter from a respected news paper...then I would worry for the possible draftee's, but i don't see it passing.

Man is the best computer we can put aboard a spacecraft ... and the
only one that can be mass produced with unskilled labor.
-- Wernher von Braun

Noooooooooo that better not pass! I feel the cage around me already

lol........i feel safe........cuz if it was like the vietnam draft legislation.....college students wouldn't have to go........^_^

tele-fragd

tele-fragd

Cheeky Peach <3

Quote: lol........i feel safe........cuz if it was like the vietnam draft legislation.....college students wouldn't have to go........^_^

Read the article. It says college students can't get out of it.

I know for sure I'd never get drafted anyway (even if it was introduced in Australia, which would never happen - too much public outrage) because of my semi-deformed feet :)

Homer: Pffft English. Who needs that? I'm never going to England.
Mr Largo: Lisa, do you find something funny about the word "tromboner"?
-------------------------------------

//My Anime Collection

it says college kids cant get out of it, and that they wont let you cross the border into mexico or canada to avoid it either, i really hope this doesnt pass

page 1 of 1 14 total items

Back to Off-topic Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.