Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Revision of the Policy and of the FAQ - Minitokyo

Revision of the Policy and of the FAQ

page 2 of 3 « Previous 1 2 3 Next » 52 total items

Keltosh

Retired Moderator

Keltosh

Inquisitor on hiatus

Doh >_> ok there are some typos, I'll clean them up :D Sorry but I posted it at 3 am ... :D

Signature
I am now on hiatus from moderating due to my thesis.
One of my favorite game ever: Mordor: The Depths Of Dejenol Community
The beautiful signature is from Biriwilg

jasmine

Retired Moderator

jasmine

jazz mod

I entirely agree with all opinions expressed by Papyworld :) There is nothing else to say. Great job as usual Keltosh ^^ Now the only thing left is to make the members read it -_- and this, as we all know from our previous experiences, will not be easy...

to Papyworld -> I do not have any problems with the terms unsharp or noisy are they really that hard to get?. I think that they are precise enough and we have to bear in mind that MT is a wallers comunity and wallers should be familiar with those...

What I do is me...
... for that I came
me @ DeviantArt, AnimePaper, msn space

streamside

streamside

deranged.

yay!! finally!! erm... is it okay if we report mature images? i find those a lot... and, speaking of that, have you seen the female scans section? keltosh is doing some cleaning, right?

"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step." - Lao Tzu

"A journey of a thousand miles...
is better in a car."

Keltosh

Retired Moderator

Keltosh

Inquisitor on hiatus

I am cleaning but it will take time

Signature
I am now on hiatus from moderating due to my thesis.
One of my favorite game ever: Mordor: The Depths Of Dejenol Community
The beautiful signature is from Biriwilg

magister

Ries Yukira

uh huh~ thats a good idea although i cant send any pictures that has 1M pix. so ill try to make one instead .....

tks Keltosh for thats Information. Happy New Year 2005 and pz 4 ever men. tks tks tks tks tks tks tks tks tks tks tks tks tks tks tks tks tks tks. cya

Deathknight22

This is my !BOOMSTICK!

Well put together. At least it cleared up a few things on my end and I found a couple of things I missed before. Thanks for the heads up Keltosh.

"Dont let todays dissapointments overshadow tomorrow's dreams" :Unknown Author

"If it dont fit right the first time, find a bigger hammer!"

If you walk into a wall and nobody sees it, are you still dumb?

Great idea!! Thanks for bring this to our attention!! You did a great job kelt!! ^__^

My broken wings still strong enough to corss the ocean wind.
My broken wings, how far should I gone drifting in the air.
I cross the sky just keep on flying.....
Signature

Thanks for taking time to explain us the new rules. I hope they can be applicated within this forum.

Red

Red

Red Lee

i hope they follow. =__=

Hi :) you are right i´ll looking in it and inform me about this things

i think this could be fun in the next time XD

p.s don´t overwork you ^^

Good job, rules are really clear for all now ! Thank you for this ^^

To live is not to live to die

minimouzo

minimouzo

Papaya

Quote by KeltoshDoh >_> ok there are some typos, I'll clean them up :D Sorry but I posted it at 3 am ... :D

^_^' it's nothing . It was to prove i had read :D ; as i'm not native speaker i can't see if they are other little typos. But no , no , seriously great job keltosh. I hope you will do as good with Botchii messages.

sole thing i ask; maybe replacing "other doodles" by "etc" (under scan in the support section)
and avoid as much as possible such terms in the new Botchii messages ^_^
But well it's just my opinion. *singing my diplomacy song ^_^*

Quote by jasmineI entirely agree with all opinions expressed by Papyworld :) There is
nothing else to say. Great job as usual Keltosh ^^ Now the only thing
left is to make the members read it -_- and this, as we all know from
our previous experiences, will not be easy... to Papyworld -> I do
not have any problems with the terms unsharp or noisy are
they really that hard to get?. I think that they are precise enough and
we have to bear in mind that MT is a wallers comunity and wallers
should be familiar with those...

:) thank you jasmine. long time no see ^_^ i'm actually now in exams so ... i can't come often here. i took my dictionnary to look for these words ^_^' ; unsharp is easy actually but noisy is a little weird ... is it the fact that a picture is full of little points ?
if it is so what is the difference between noisy and grainy ?
that's why i wanted to have some image examples :) sammo has made some here :
http://forum.minitokyo.net/showthread/8528/

*new year kiss for jasmine*

Eat a papaya everyday and everything will be ok Signature Image

Support section

hikarujm

hikarujm

FFVII's Fan

Good job... it's clearer now, thanks for taking the time to make this revision, it was necessary :)

Quote by NurikoGood job Keltosh :D Looking better already. Now, if we can get people to read them...

Now, this is the harder part. Why don't you ask Shequel to make an automated post in the new members guestbook giving the welcome to the site and providing the address to the FAQ and the policy and encouraging the new member to read it. That way at least they can't say they don't know where to find them.
Also it would be good to have them traslated to another languages like german, chinese or spanish. I understand that the policy wants to have a unique language to the site, but if the new members don't understand that and don't understand the rules then it'll be the same as if we didn't have any rules or policy at all.

Btw, it's good that you've posted this as news. Maybe you can post another one about the cleaning of the gallery. I know you start a thread about it but lets face it, the favorite place of most of the members is the gallery and with the news we all get a notification.

Thanks for the effort, I like your way of doing things. Without complaining but straight to the point by looking for solutions.

Quote by Redi hope they follow. =__=

I hope so too. Great job Kel. Not to be an ass or nothing but you...spelt MT wrong in the description @_@
(in bolded letters)

Quote by Keltosh

The support section was revised to add questions that have been commonly asked in the forum. The most important changed were made in the submitting and submissions section, with better explanation of what is allowed and not allowed on minitoyo , and some guidelines for making wallpapers
Other significant changes were made in the Posts, Forum and General sections. Still all the sections were revised, so please read it all.

charaznableamurorei

charaznableamurorei

patron saint of doujinshi

Quote by hikarujmAlso it would be good to have them traslated to another languages like german, chinese or spanish. I understand that the policy wants to have a unique language to the site, but if the new members don't understand that and don't understand the rules then it'll be the same as if we didn't have any rules or policy at all.

I was also about to suggest that too, Hikarujm! I second your suggestion. But may I add this? We all know that the MT mods/admin already have their hands full on maintaining the site, so translating the whole Support Pages would be an added burden. Why not also involve or encourage other MT members who are willing to translate the said pages? I mean, put out a news thingie saying "Looking for volunteer MT members to translate..."

I'd be willing to volunteer translating some pages into our vernacular, Tagalog/Filipino (sorry, I did not put too much heart to my Spanish classes ^_^)! So, what do the mods think about Hikarujm's nice idea?

Signature Image
Sig crafted by Yune of the MTSign-AvCrew! Based on artwork by Keough! Vamonos, MT artistes!

minimouzo

minimouzo

Papaya

Quote by hikarujmWhy don't you ask Shequel to make an automated post in the new members guestbook giving the welcome to the site and providing the address to the FAQ and the policy and encouraging the new member to read it. That way at least they can't say they don't know where to find them.

it could be a nice idea ; maybe if it's easier : make the bot send a private message with useful links at the registration of a new member.
support section , some forum links with tips , ...
~~

about translation : it's on sheqel's list to do (you can check it on his guestbook).
@charaznableamurorei : you can maybe send him a pm with your proposition. I did it earlier to ask him to translate it in french and he agrees. We would just have to keep up because there are sometimes changes

Support section

charaznableamurorei

charaznableamurorei

patron saint of doujinshi

Arigato, papyworld... 'will do that!

Signature Image
Sig crafted by Yune of the MTSign-AvCrew! Based on artwork by Keough! Vamonos, MT artistes!

irix

irix

quam sidera multa, cum tacet nox

Quote by charaznableamurorei

Quote by hikarujmAlso it would be good to have them traslated to another
languages like german, chinese or spanish. I understand that the policy
wants to have a unique language to the site, but if the new members
don't understand that and don't understand the rules then it'll be the
same as if we didn't have any rules or policy at all.

I was also about to suggest that too, Hikarujm! I second your
suggestion. But may I add this? We all know that the MT mods/admin
already have their hands full on maintaining the site, so translating
the whole Support Pages would be an added burden. Why not also involve
or encourage other MT members who are willing to translate the said
pages? I mean, put out a news thingie saying "Looking for volunteer MT
members to translate..." I'd be willing to volunteer translating some
pages into our vernacular, Tagalog/Filipino (sorry, I did not put too
much heart to my Spanish classes ^_^)! So, what do the mods think about
Hikarujm's nice idea?

i don't know really, but... hikarujm are now our spanish translator for all the persons who talk and write in spanish!, that's why he saids that... because he work now in this for the supprot of all of our spanish friends!
...and i have the same idea as he said! ^^

good job with the policy... keltosh!!! ^^

Tias

Tias

Slither slither on the ground

thx for the info well now i dont need 2 look for the rules more i found them :D here ;D

It is time for you to drown

umm..thx?im really not that much of an speaker so im kinda shy right now..but thanks for leting me know about the policy thing.its nice to know thats there are people that like anime like me

hikarujm

hikarujm

FFVII's Fan

Quote by papyworld...it could be a nice idea ; maybe if it's easier : make the bot send a
private message with useful links at the registration of a new member.
support section , some forum links with tips , ...
~~
about translation : it's on sheqel's list to do (you can check it on
his guestbook). @charaznableamurorei : you can maybe send him a pm with
your proposition. I did it earlier to ask him to translate it in french
and he agrees. We would just have to keep up because there are
sometimes changes

Thanks pappyworld, I didn't know it was on Sheqel to-do-list (I don't even know there were a to-do-list XP ) I post in Sheqel GB telling him about the translation stuff... now I'll wait for his answer. Maybe i didn't make myself clear, but as Irix says I'm already translating the FAQ and Policy to help the spanish speakers on our group (hispanime) we already have the previous version of the FAQ translated.

DJ-OVNI

DJ-OVNI

Team Rocket wants you!

Thanks, for the explanation because I'm a new member and also I don't know very well how this site works. Thanks.

Member of Anti-Ecchi-Club
Member of Hispanime

minimouzo

minimouzo

Papaya

Quote by hikarujmThanks pappyworld, I didn't know it was on
Sheqel to-do-list (I don't even know there were a to-do-list XP ) I
post in Sheqel GB telling him about the translation stuff... now I'll
wait for his answer. Maybe i didn't make myself clear, but as Irix says
I'm already translating the FAQ and Policy to help the spanish speakers
on our group (hispanime) we already have the previous version of the
FAQ translated.

it seems he is quite busy currently but he will sure answer you ... i asked him one or two weeks ago and he did agree. Or what you could do if you already have translated the faq : you could send it to a mod who would maybe be able to mail it to sheqel ^_^ arf complicated solution. The easiest is sure to wait for his answer :)

Support section

page 2 of 3 « Previous 1 2 3 Next » 52 total items

Back to News | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.