Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Wireless over conventional cords - Minitokyo

Wireless over conventional cords

page 1 of 1 13 total items

CTEon

CTEon

.:Holy Devil:.

I've really been considering wireless accessories like trying to get wireless keyboards and mice and also maybe trying to have a wireless network around where I stay...I just want to know though how good are actual wireless technology?

I'm asking because as a hardcore gamer playing FPS games and just about every other genre of games responsive keyboards and mouse is the most essential thing between life and death in games like HL2 or CS...the last thing I would want is for me to battle with my own mouse before being able to shoot the opposition...

Are cordless technology good enough in that sense? what models would fellow gamers reccommend as good wireless mouse and keyboard combos that I might be able to get?

Yesterday is hisory, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift...that's why it is called the present

uchan

uchan

Mostly Harmless

Wireless mouse is not FPS game friendly. Imagine the situation you hiding behind a box (hehehe well... its CS anyway) and the mouse is going to sleep 'cuz the inactivity... Other con is the heavy batteries. And you cannot enjoy the benefits of patched xp usbport driver. Razer Diamondback or Logitech mx510/310 is perfect gaming mouse (w/o the Logitech poor quality drivers). I have mx510 with libusb filter/500hz usb patch/razer hacked driver and it serving me pretty well.

[ My latest wallpapers: Ritsuka <-> ZERO Love v2 <-> Autumn cold night ]
[ Please visit my gallery for high quality and resolution pictures or sign my guestbook.]

Signature Image

shinsengumi

Retired Moderator

shinsengumi

. . . remember me?

I beg to differ. I run LAN parties regularly and consider myself a fairly hard-core FPS gamer (especially ut2k4), and I've never run into any problems with my Logitech Cordless MX Duo (mouse and keyboard). As long as you use a quality cordless mouse, you should not have any problems. Just remember to make sure you keep everything charged up or else. . .

http://www.megatokyo.com/strips/0305.gif

Besides, back when I used a USB optical mouse, my cord would get snagged at the most inopportune moments. Again, as long as you get a good cordless mouse (like the Logitech MX series), you should be all set.

s h i n s e n g u m i
Minitokyo Policy, Forum, Review, and Category Maintenance Moderator Emeritus

Do not expect to be applauded when you do the right thing, and do not expect to be forgiven when you err, but even your enemies will respect commitment, and a conscience at peace is worth a thousand tainted victories.

uchan

uchan

Mostly Harmless

Quote by shinsengumi
Besides, back when I used a USB optical mouse, my cord would get
snagged at the most inopportune moments. Again, as long as you get a
good cordless mouse (like the Logitech MX series), you should be all
set.

I have mouse bungie, so I never run into this wire problem ^_^ I got Samsung radio keyboard and mouse duo, it was great in office but somehow not liked in games. Propably the feeling of the mouse. Dunno.

[ My latest wallpapers: Ritsuka <-> ZERO Love v2 <-> Autumn cold night ]
[ Please visit my gallery for high quality and resolution pictures or sign my guestbook.]

Signature Image

I'd say if you don't get a decent mouse + pad, you'll get screwed over in games when the cursor skips around because the mouse loses tracking and you end up looking towards the ceiling while your health meter depletes. :)

Kiyone17

nya!

hmm, i have both wireless keyboard and mouse and up til today i had no problems but if you don't change the batterys enough it makes everything freeze...as my mouse did today. I decided on a wireless because i sit in a Papisan chair that is further away from the screen so I can enjoy my fansubbed anime...I still love it even tho I had to deal with my stupid mouse today.

Signature
I'm in with these dudes... Inuyasha-fans-group and these dudes German-Members

CTEon

CTEon

hmm...I just got the logitech cordless duo today...thx for the advice given so far...I just hope I made the right decision by getting this :x...if not I guess I'll just have to go back to my cord mouse with the cordless keyboard o.o ...*prays hard*...plz let this be idea for CS:Source x_x

Of course people can still comment though so if other people have a similar question they could err...find out here?

Yesterday is hisory, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift...that's why it is called the present

Hmm, I would have preferred the MX Duo version, since the mouse can be recharged, only the keyboard needs battery changing. :)

Hey there. Too bad I'm too late for this. Ayway, I hope that you got the one with cable capability, just incase if you ran out of juice and can;t find the battery for it. Those with cable option usually could recharge the battery in the mouse itself.

The technology's good enough now. Especially with the cordless mouse if you can afford the Logitech MX 1000 or maybe even the 900.

I live in the dormitory of a boarding school, which uses wireless LAN for students to connect to their network. I never used wireless before, and I was surprised how short the range of it is, even using an access point. The signal strength is weak, the speed is horribly slow. Therefore I recommend using wired network connections. Btw, I heard there is a bug in Windows XP where the wireless adaptor stops responding every hour and then. Again, another reason to use wired connections, the technology's been around longer.

CTEon

CTEon

I guess I'll stick with wired lans for now then...the main concern I have when it came to those was more about security though...I heard without it being set up correctly many could access your connections...what prevention measures have there been on these happening?

If hope that your AP have these features:

MAC restriction
SSID disable
WEP/WPA
SPI

Try to use this. One word - To use SPI, WEP can't be used except for WPA. If you insist on using WEP, us 128bit encryption.

page 1 of 1 13 total items

Back to Computers & Internet | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.