Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Gally or Alita: which name suits her best?? - Minitokyo

Gally or Alita: which name suits her best??

page 1 of 1 16 total items

Ayamael

Ayamael

yumemitai

Gunnm (Battle Angel Alita) is one of my favorite mangas... now, i know in the English version her name is Alita (i'm kinda wondering why by the way) and i wanted to know which name you guys think suit her best... honestly, i think it's Gally, which is her real Japanese name, that suits her best... maybe it's just because, that's what her name should be, even in English...

i sadly, havnt gotten my hands on any of the manga, especially not any of the manga, actually released in america. but i had the ova, or movie, or whatever, thats been out for a while, and while the title was 'battle angel alita' her name in the show, was still gally. is it infact alita in english manga? or is that just the title?

I favor Gally myself

Ayamael

Ayamael

yumemitai

wish i knew... i'm from Québec so here, i only get the French translation of the manga, in which her name remains Gally, that's why it sounds so odd to me that she would be named Alita in English... and for the ova, i'm afraid i couldn't get my hands on it either...

zephiris26

zephiris26

Vector Addict [TM]

I think Gally suits her better...I dunno, I just think Alita sounds wierd and is a pointless name change ^_^'

AirMaster

AirMaster

ZAKU ZAKU ZAKU ZAKU!!!

Actually, in the last volumes (8 or 9), Gally gets trapped by Desty in some sort of device and meets with Ido again. There he names her Alita instead of Gally. Maybe that's why they changed the name...or whatever...anyway, Gunnm is my favorite manga of all time and I think that Gally suits her better than Alita.

Signature
Sig by Vivid-Rein..ph34r them Zakus XP
Check profile for groups :x

calibretto23

calibretto23

Open your eyes...

It is Gally in the ova... I actually think thats just a tack on to the name... BTW the OVA was named Battle Angel or atleast the copy i have... unsure of why they would change it gally just seems to fit a half robot girl

Signature Image

------------------------------------

Proud Member of:
|Hardcore-gamers| |Dub-Lovers-Group| |Fight-Club| |MT-singles| |FinalFantasyFans| |Samurai|

darkfirefox

darkfirefox

Spriggan

I prefer Gally, Alita kind of sounds odd.

Signature
The ever beautiful Rabi en Rose

I always understood that her name was actually Alita and that they changed it to Gally for the OVA. I have always prefered Alita. I think it sounds better, a little alliteration with the angel part.

-Luo out

Izlude

Izlude

You Dodged?

I have no idea why Gally was changed to Alita in the english adaption of the manga, but my guess its some kind of license/contract issue or something. I personally like both names, but it leads to problems when I get into a disscussion about the series as I always gotta write "Gally/Alita".

GENESIC! EMERALD! TAGER! BUSTER!!

DNG

DNG

Demonic

I like the name Alita, but Gally is sounds funny. I'm used to Alita. I do think her name should still be Alita though. :)

Mortal life is a race to the finish - that's why it's called the human race. DNG

Ying

Ying

I'll Be Back!

I prefer Alita cause it suits more to the title "Battle Angel" (Battle Angel Gally" sounds kinda strange! ^_^')
But I think it's because I'm more used to it.
Fun to see there's more Alita fans out there! ^_^
i have some images from the manga in my gallery if anyones interested! ^_-

Signature Image

Where there's Yin there's always Yang

Teryon

Teryon

He who invents Ultratech

Yeah, I didnt think there were any battle angel alita fans out there. Ive always preferred Alita m`self, its a very pretty name. Gally just...it just dosent fit, to me. It seems weird; course, weirdness is in the mind of the beholder but still. Im waiting for the next part of Last Order to come out, Ive read(and have copies of) all the rest.

Really wish they`d turn the entire manga into a series. The OVA didnt do it justice, in my mind.

"Brute force is not my way. My technology can devise infinitely more
successful, subtle, and unpleasant methods..."
Signature

Ayamael

Ayamael

yumemitai

Quote by YingI prefer Alita cause it suits more to the title "Battle Angel" (Battle Angel Gally" sounds kinda strange! ^_^')
But I think it's because I'm more used to it.
Fun to see there's more Alita fans out there! ^_^
i have some images from the manga in my gallery if anyones interested! ^_-

nice way of looking at it. but, come to think of it, i don't even see the like between the original title Gunnm and the English version Battle Angel Alita lol in the French translation of the manga, they kept the Japanese title.

Quote by TeryonYeah, I didnt think there were any battle angel alita fans out there.
Ive always preferred Alita m`self, its a very pretty name. Gally
just...it just dosent fit, to me. It seems weird; course, weirdness is
in the mind of the beholder but still. Im waiting for the next part of
Last Order to come out, Ive read(and have copies of) all the rest.
Really wish they`d turn the entire manga into a series. The OVA didnt
do it justice, in my mind.

lol, a lot of Alita fans... i still prefer Gally, not just coz' it's her original name, i think it suits her personality more... plus i'm more used to it coz' they kept that name in the version i read (French)... and yeah, can't wait to see the rest of Last Order... i have volumes 1 to 5, and i'm waiting for volume 6... which won't come out before a year or 2 of course...

HCTerrorist

HCTerrorist

Mercenary

i'd prefer alita , cause i know her as alita because in the german version her name is alita so i'm more used to it

Signature

I think the origional Alita was the best name for her. I have no idea why they changed it.

bennysmalsteps

Gunnm Rulezzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I Think alita, Gally sounds like a joke or a fake

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Nobody knows the Truth you alone are makink your way

page 1 of 1 16 total items

Back to General Anime & Manga Talk | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.