Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Microsoft crashes and bugs at CES - Minitokyo

Microsoft crashes and bugs at CES

page 1 of 1 17 total items

DREAM

DREAM

Lord of Dreams

haha rofl. gotta love it MS had several crashes at CES today. Miscrosoft products crashing- nah who would have thought. jeez i hate these goddamn idots.
Conan O'Brien to Bill Gates "Who's in charge of Microsoft, anyway"

http://www.cnn.com/2005/TECH/01/06/ces.gates.ap/index.html

haha, that's pretty classic. though, as much as I dislike Micro$oft, I gotta say that my XP-run computer has never crashed/frozen in the two years I've had it.

shinsengumi

Retired Moderator

shinsengumi

. . . remember me?

What's particularly funny is that this isn't the first time an MS product bluescreened during a major demonstration.

s h i n s e n g u m i
Minitokyo Policy, Forum, Review, and Category Maintenance Moderator Emeritus

Do not expect to be applauded when you do the right thing, and do not expect to be forgiven when you err, but even your enemies will respect commitment, and a conscience at peace is worth a thousand tainted victories.

DREAM

DREAM

Lord of Dreams

Quote by shinsengumiWhat's particularly funny is that this isn't the first time an MS product bluescreened during a major demonstration.

yeah it happened during an XBOX demonstration. the dude giving the demo said "out of memory". lol

Jim3535

Jim3535

Shinigami

Quote by DREAM

Quote by shinsengumiWhat's particularly funny is that this isn't the
first time an MS product bluescreened during a major
demonstration.

yeah it happened during an XBOX demonstration. the dude giving the demo
said "out of memory". lol

And the infamous BSOD during a Win98 USB demonstration.

Signature Image

DarkSavior

DarkSavior

~Death's Adversary~

I been having this problem lately with Window media player. It's been shuting my lap top off when I leave music on during the nite. And when I was scaning ( same nite ) it turn off again. Not sure if I have a virus of just something wrong with my media player. It also been lagging big time too. It was so bad that I couldn't watch the new Naruto (116 & 117) Not sure if it's MS related but I just want to put it on the table to see if anyone can help me. Maybe I need a new codec?

I'd rather be hated for who I am rather than loved for who I pretend to be...

arkive

arkive

drifto touge all day...

Quote by DarkSaviorI been having this problem lately with Window media player. It's been shuting my lap top off when I leave music on during the nite. And when I was scaning ( same nite ) it turn off again. Not sure if I have a virus of just something wrong with my media player. It also been lagging big time too. It was so bad that I couldn't watch the new Naruto (116 & 117) Not sure if it's MS related but I just want to put it on the table to see if anyone can help me. Maybe I need a new codec?

ha that's sucks but when ever MS software gets courupted or needs a newer version it'll start doing funnyh unexplainable shit i would try to uninstall then Dl newest ver of wmp.....

WOW
i never thought this would happen.
it sucks to hear it.
:\

Wish you can forgive your yesterdays
Wish you can love your tomorrows

DREAM

DREAM

Lord of Dreams

Quote by DarkSaviorI been having this problem lately with Window media player. It's been
shuting my lap top off when I leave music on during the nite. And when
I was scaning ( same nite ) it turn off again. Not sure if I have a
virus of just something wrong with my media player. It also been
lagging big time too. It was so bad that I couldn't watch the new
Naruto (116 & 117) Not sure if it's MS related but I just want to
put it on the table to see if anyone can help me. Maybe I need a new
codec?

DarkSavior-jettison that player it is total crap and insecure.

use media player classic: http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=82303&package_id=84358
and install this codec: http://sourceforge.net/projects/ffdshow

this will play all files.

another cool player [with streaming capabilites] http://www.videolan.org/vlc/

i soley play all video files on these 2 players.

shirahana

white flower

I have Windows ^^; I don't think Microsoft is that bad... I mean, they can't be that bad if they're the world's most popular PC producers, right? ^^;

i actually have to agree with Lady-Lotus... >_<; It's not exactly good when you work hard on something, present it, and have it go wrong. I certainly wouldn't want that happening to me. I guess the spotlight's just on Microsoft 'cause they're so big, but they're run by humans, too. There should be room for mistakes, right?

Signature Image Layouts, wallpapers, avatars, templates, brushes, and tutorials for you ^-^;

. . . I express myself. Do you?

joepolo2002

joepolo2002

Ecchi Master

Isn't this the 3rd or 4th time that Mico$oft products have gone belly up on little Billy Gates during a big time demo?? ^_^'

People who moved on to Linux or Mac OS know better than to rely on microsux os.

[ecchi-club] member.
Signature
Yes, I have way too much time on my hands.

Celessa

Retired Moderator

Celessa

Okaerinasai - Welcome Home

Monopolistic intentions won't get you very far. See - without much competition in the way, more and more products made by that one single company is liable to break down in the future.

No surprise. That's why I stick with Windows 2000 in my program rather than WindowsXP, when Microsoft did create great products back a couple years back - its more secure than the Windows where you slap so many things on it - causing it to gather more bugs and makes your computer crash more often. Shame on them.

"No matter where you go, no matter how tough life may be, just remember that always in your heart, you will still be loved."

Signature

DREAM

DREAM

Lord of Dreams

Cel, i agree just a little attention on "quality" instead of just screwing people over for money would go a long way. the crap i have to go through to keep this XP fueled pc in tic top shape is nothing short of herculean.

when i take "over" i will make all these imcompetent IT types responsible for their poor work. :)

:oh well it's a nice dream: :pacman: :( :pacman: ;)

dustin

dustin

Gem Stone

That CES thing was funny, "looks like i'm out of system memory" - which brings me to the subject i was going for. The windows system uses memory way too much what it needs. Memory usage isn't optimized at all. You can have free system memory - and yet still it complains about it running out. Only thing ran out was the virtual memory and windows doesnt understand to use the full system memory before the virtual runs out.

DREAM

DREAM

Lord of Dreams

your right dustin memory usage is handled poor in windows. it's almost as bad as the security issues.

i have a gig of memory and some applications like burning a cd from iTunes takes up like 80% or so of my system resources which makes it impossible to run say CS at the same time. :(

perhaps i should have gotten 2 gigs in memory

Quote by DREAMhaha rofl. gotta love it MS had several crashes at CES today.
Miscrosoft products crashing- nah who would have thought. jeez i hate
these goddamn idots. Conan O'Brien to Bill Gates "Who's in charge of
Microsoft, anyway"
http://www.cnn.com/2005/TECH/01/06/ces.gates.ap/index.html

PWNAGE!!!!!!!! I bet the developer backstage was screaming his head off when the whole fiasco was happening. Although Forza Motorsport did look really awesome while it lasted.

Signature

"Give the man a gun, he's Superman; Give him two, he's God." -- Police Commisioner from Hard Boiled

Spikexp

Truth Seaker

I just had my computer crash again, and i just redid my computer about a couple of month's ago.

Where I fight, I fight alone, where I walk, I walk alone.

Each of us needs a quest, and a person without one is lost to himself

Due to recent cutbacks, and until further notice, the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off.

page 1 of 1 17 total items

Back to Computers & Internet | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.