Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Movie compression - Minitokyo

Movie compression

page 1 of 1 4 total items

I just finished an anime music video of mine using adobe premiere for the first time and I was very surprised that the finished file was a couple hundred MBs. I tried using the Adobe Premiere built in compressor but its terrible. I was wondering if you guys could help me out with this compression issue. Thank you.

Signature

"Give the man a gun, he's Superman; Give him two, he's God." -- Police Commisioner from Hard Boiled

Tama-Neko

Tama-Neko

Invisible

Personally, when I'm finished with a video I export it from Premiere with no compression (which will result in a 1GB or so file, so make sure you have room) and then use Virtualdub to compress it. There are avi compression calculators available that you can use to determine what settings for different compression algorithms (divx, xvid, etc) to obtain a specific filesize.

Is Virtual dub easy to use? if not then is there an online tutorial i can refer to?

Signature

"Give the man a gun, he's Superman; Give him two, he's God." -- Police Commisioner from Hard Boiled

virtual dub (VD) is imho easy to use and fast.

Wether you do it with VD or Premiere, you will have to choose a "video codec" for compression. What codec to use depends largely on what you want to do with the video. If you want to burn it on DVD, "mpeg2" is the format of choice. Better in terms of compression efficiency are the "mpeg4" codecs (For example DivX, XVid, Microsoft mpeg4 in an .avi file) If its for private use i recommend XVid which is free to download. See here for links: http://www.divx-digest.com/software/xvid.html

ps. and dont forget to compress the audio part too, for example as mp3 or ogg stream.

page 1 of 1 4 total items

Back to Art | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.