Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 DivX 6.0 in march - Minitokyo

DivX 6.0 in march

page 1 of 1 14 total items

uchan

uchan

Mostly Harmless

I read this on some IT news site not so long ago.

6th main version of DivX will bring DVD-like menu system, and it will be compatible with the current hardware players. With the new compression engine the produced file size will 25-50% smaller than the concurent codecs (marketing...?) Most important for us, there will be a possiblility to integrate sub files into the media file (I dunno sub groups will use this method). The current beta testing will end (hopefully) in march.

They say nothing about image quality.

[ My latest wallpapers: Ritsuka <-> ZERO Love v2 <-> Autumn cold night ]
[ Please visit my gallery for high quality and resolution pictures or sign my guestbook.]

Signature Image

RaXiv

RaXiv

Equivalent One

Quote by uchanI read this on some IT news site not so long ago. 6th main version of
DivX will bring DVD-like menu system, and it will be compatible with
the current hardware players. With the new compression engine the
produced file size will 25-50% smaller than the concurent codecs
(marketing...?) Most important for us, there will be a possiblility to
integrate sub files into the media file (I dunno sub groups will use
this method). The current beta testing will end (hopefully) in march.
They say nothing about image quality.

Like always they dont say about image quality. ehh... i`ll stay with XviD :)

[ Current State: Stalker half-active, always like that to the summer! ]
>>[ Signature updated 28.05.2005 ] << [Latest Work:] | I ... Never Found Our Way |
Signature
. . Sky is more bright when You have someone to look with at... do you have someone? . . . [url=htt://raxiv.minitokyo.net] | My userpage | [/url]

"and it will be compatible with the current hardware players"

So it will be compatible with my DivX 5.1 certified Phillips dvp642 player? Well, that'd be cool I guess, if it offers better sizes and DVD menus. Separate subtitles would be an extremely welcome addition, but I thought the DivX format could already do this? Guess not.

uchan

uchan

Mostly Harmless

Quote by Junpei"and it will be compatible with the current hardware players"
So it will be compatible with my DivX 5.1 certified Phillips dvp642
player? Well, that'd be cool I guess, if it offers better sizes and DVD
menus. Separate subtitles would be an extremely welcome addition, but I
thought the DivX format could already do this? Guess not.

Im sure they using the "backward compatibility" definition with "play only the movie" meaning :)

[ Please visit my gallery for high quality and resolution pictures or sign my guestbook.]

Signature Image

TanKilleR

TanKilleR

Manga Fanatic

xvid is better, and you know the divx people will load the free codec with more spywere *yawn*

uchan

uchan

Mostly Harmless

This is not fan-topic of divx/xvid ;) Just some tech news

Signature Image

Don't most fansub groups use xvid anyways?

Interesting. Will have to wait and see how the new version actually turns out.

compatible because it basically stays mpeg4 with just a bit more fine tuning. i stay with xvid too.

Quote by poiuyInteresting. Will have to wait and see how the new version actually turns out.

Ditto.

Signature

"Give the man a gun, he's Superman; Give him two, he's God." -- Police Commisioner from Hard Boiled

tele-fragd

tele-fragd

Cheeky Peach <3

Menus sound good. We'll have to see about picture quality later when it gets released....

Homer: Pffft English. Who needs that? I'm never going to England.
Mr Largo: Lisa, do you find something funny about the word "tromboner"?
-------------------------------------

//My Anime Collection

Quote by uchanThis is not fan-topic of divx/xvid ;) Just some tech news

Its kinda half-n-half. A lot will use Divx while the others use Xvid. And don't forget Vorbis type stuff.

While it is good that the file size will be lower, I wanna know if the quality will be the same...

When things reach a certain point, I wish people would just say "ok, this is fine as it is really, we don't actually need to make a new version and make Woofie download more f'n stuff he barely understands."

In most cases it's fine, since it's not necessary for me to upgrade; but in this case, if everyone starts encoding stuff with this, I'll have to anyway.

ah, no. last divx i downloaded was V4. since theni used ffdshow to decode ALL mpeg 4 content with no probs.

page 1 of 1 14 total items

Back to Computers & Internet | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.