Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 wallpaper stolen, need an advice - Minitokyo

wallpaper stolen, need an advice

page 1 of 1 9 total items

Lana3007

Lana3007

strange little girl

Hi, I am not sure whether this belongs here, but anyway ...

I was bored today and as I randomly browsed through some website looking at graphics when I saw a layout for download that is made out of a wallpaper that I made and submitted to minitokyo (it was also posted on my own website). I know for a fact that this is my wallpaper, and the maker of the layout did not even really edit it. And they also never asked my permission to use it.
Do I have the right to get angry here, or is the stuff that I put my time into and post online just everybody's property?

miraku-spike

miraku-spike

~Rurouni Kenshin~

Um, that's a good question. Well u said that you had your own website and you made or downloaded YOUR own wallpaper, and this is posted on your own web site. When you said that they stole it, did you mean that they actually took it away from your website for good or that they copied it and used it for something else? If they took it for good and you need to redo it or you can't get it back, then you should be very pissed!! But then again, if they copy it and you still have it, then don't be mad. This is probably everyones proberty because it is online. Did you at least put your name or the property of on the wallpaper? People will always use edit, copy and paste
Just be glad that people liked your creation! I'm sure that I will like your wallpaper!

Signature Image

Aa-chan

Aa-chan

AA-CHAN

You have a right to be angry sure, but if you haven't put any copyright on it or anything, then technically, you haven't got a leg to stand on :s .

I'd have a word with the person though and see what that brings up :) .

Follow AA-CHAN as he teaches English in South Korea and enjoys his K-Pop music fandoms up close!

http://aa-chan.net/blog/

Vetus

Vetus

Lonely Rolling Star

Even though you have put copyright or you have sig it with your nickname, this doesn't stop the rippers to stole your wallpaper or other gfx stuff. Damn you, @#$%&*//! rippers!!! >=( >=( >=(

What is "normal", anyway? If you aren't troubling the rest of the world, then there's no harm in being abnormal.

Lana3007

Lana3007

strange little girl

thanks a lot for the comments, I will be having a word with this person, that's for sure ... >_<
Yeah, and from now on I am putting a copyright on everything I do!

You don't have to put copyright on something you do to prevent it from being used without permission. The copyright is yours automatically if the work is something that you contributed to in some original way. Simply if you made it the copyright is yours if it isn't a rip of to start with.

So send them an angry e-mail and tell them you are going to tell everyone about it unless they do some changes.

Leukoxyte

+ easy breezy +

well i guess these stuff cannot be avoided. there are people around who rip original stuff from others who spent hours after hours doing it. you should bring up the matter with the webmaster of the site and demand that it be taken off or credit be given......good luck to you....

++ avatar image by SEED MODE: ON ++ ++ siggy image by woodck ++

Signature

I'm not a legal expert, but like Shilian said: do an original work and the copyright is automatically yours. But there are no ways to stop your stuff from getting 'stolen'. I know people that put their entire name as an overlay over an image to try and prevent their 'tag' from being erased, but that just messes up the image. And simply adding your name to the bottom of the wallpaper won't do much good, because a 'professional' (dare I call it that) can often easily erase it so you won't see it was ever there. Of course that is a bit more work for the stealing party. Anyway, I've never had a problem with stolen stuff, but that's probably because it isn't very good ;-)

IP is a very touch subject as many people these days tend to ignore it. Copyright belongs to any form of art, work or idea that is uniquely created by an individual or group. The (C) symbol placed on images and other work is simply a reminder to those viewing the art that it is copyrighted.

page 1 of 1 9 total items

Back to Art | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.